Invent a Spin-Off

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Invent a Spin-Off

Postby havocSchultz on Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:13 am

soooo.... the fact that the This Show's Still On Thread has seemed to slightly gone off topic and included some "spin-offs" of shows that would be more enjoyable (and i swear - i had no responsibility in the threadjack whatsoever... :wink: ) i figured instead continuing to take it off course - might as well start a thread in regards to some of the stuff we started discussing... here's a sampling...

havocSchultz wrote:
The Vicar wrote:
havocSchultz wrote:
Chairman Kaga wrote:CSI Miami is terrible. a Chicago base CSI would have been vastly more interesting.

i want CSI:Amsterdam...

al kinds of fun possibilities there...

Won't be seen on American tv anytime soon, sadly.
Sex & violence?
Yes.
Drug use & people having a rocking good time?
Nyet.
I would work as an unpaid extra on CSI: Amsterdam.

it would be great... every episode would have them checking for DNA off of half smoked blunts... and there would be SOOOOOOOOO much usuage of those little portable uv/black light devices...

Amsterdam Crime Scene Investigator wrote:Hmmm... looks like there's once again some bodily fluid on the sheets...wonder if it'll be from 18 different people again...

DennisMM wrote:On CSI: Omaha they wouldn't have all the equipment the big cities have, so they'd keep running to Teh Balm for answers.

so, what TV spinoffs would you "like" to see...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby jgraphix on Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:21 am

A spinoff of "The Shield" called "Dutch" where we follow Dutch's transfer to a new precinct and watch him slowly turn into a crazed cop that often walks a thin line between cop and criminal.
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
jgraphix
AIRWOLF

Re: Invent a Spin-Off

Postby thomasgaffney on Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:28 am

havocSchultz wrote:so, what TV spinoffs would you "like" to see...

A spinoff involving Scott Baio's character from Happy Days (I loves me some Scott Baio ;) ). Maybe his life after the Happy Days years when he gets together with Erin Moran's character. You can even call it Joanie Loves Chachi or something.

Crap.....
find me: twitter and goodreads
find my book: amazon
thomasgaffney
a might unpredictable

Re: Invent a Spin-Off

Postby havocSchultz on Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:30 am

thomasgaffney wrote:
havocSchultz wrote:so, what TV spinoffs would you "like" to see...

A spinoff involving Scott Baio's character from Happy Days (I loves me some Scott Baio ;) ). Maybe his life after the Happy Days years when he gets together with Erin Moran's character. You can even call it Joanie Loves Chachi or something.

Crap.....

I'd rather see a spin-off to Charles in Charge entitled "Charles is Charged" where we find out that he used to spy on Nicole Eggert while she was sleeping through a small glor...i mean peep hole in the wall...

havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby havocSchultz on Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:39 am

tfactor wrote:how about a spin off of CSI, right? but instead of Las Vegas they could base it in New York City or Miami? Or you could just have one chick that comes in at the very last second of the investigation and closes the case with her amazing negotiation skills. Or maybe have it so a female investigator can talk to dead people instead of investigating clues from crime scenes to find the criminal. Or you could do it like she's psychic and sees the day before it actually happens, then when she wakes up (for real) she has to change what she saw in her visions. Or have a pair of brothers who go around and investigate only supernatural kind of stuff that happens. OMG another great CSI spin off - hire that guy that played Inigo Montoya in Princess Bride and have him play a lead detective in a group of FBI profilers or something. Or maybe they could just replay original CSI episodes 23 times a day on Spike TV.

i vote - all of the above, in just one show though...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby tfactor on Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:40 am

how about a spin off of CSI, right? but instead of Las Vegas they could base it in New York City or Miami? Or you could just have one chick that comes in at the very last second of the investigation and closes the case with her amazing negotiation skills. Or maybe have it so a female investigator can talk to dead people instead of investigating clues from crime scenes to find the criminal. Or you could do it like she's psychic and sees the day before it actually happens, then when she wakes up (for real) she has to change what she saw in her visions. Or have a pair of brothers who go around and investigate only supernatural kind of stuff that happens. OMG another great CSI spin off - hire that guy that played Inigo Montoya in Princess Bride and have him play a lead detective in a group of FBI profilers or something. Or maybe they could just replay original CSI episodes 23 times a day on Spike TV.
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby cap on Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:40 am

tfactor wrote:how about a spin off of CSI, right? but instead of Las Vegas they could base it in New York City or Miami? Or you could just have one chick that comes in at the very last second of the investigation and closes the case with her amazing negotiation skills. Or maybe have it so a female investigator can talk to dead people instead of investigating clues from crime scenes to find the criminal. Or you could do it like she's psychic and sees the day before it actually happens, then when she wakes up (for real) she has to change what she saw in her visions. Or have a pair of brothers who go around and investigate only supernatural kind of stuff that happens. OMG another great CSI spin off - hire that guy that played Inigo Montoya in Princess Bride and have him play a lead detective in a group of FBI profilers or something. Or maybe they could just replay original CSI episodes 23 times a day on Spike TV.

hahahahahha!!!!!

Is that before or after CSI: Anchorage (props to Vegeta).

Ambition - The journey of a thousand miles sometimes ends very, very badly
cap
AIRWOLF

Postby RockyDennis on Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:40 am

I want to see the further adventures of Don Cheadles character from Golden Palace.
RockyDennis
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby unikrunk on Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:47 am

A spin off of The Beachcombers, which follows the adventures of Relic, who's houseboat has been upgraded with an AI personality, and has mastered the secrets of The Necronomicon. He resurrects Bruno Gerussi and makes him his herald, as they travel through time and dimension on a quest to rid the multiverse of demons and 5th level entities.

I would call it "The Beachcombers: This Party Is Over"

/this is for you havoc.
He can't' love you back...
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:57 am

I wouldn't mind seeing a spinoff movie of The Life Aquatic's Team Hennessy's adventures. That'd be wick.
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby havocSchultz on Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:16 pm

unikrunk wrote:A spin off of The Beachcombers, which follows the adventures of Relic, who's houseboat has been upgraded with an AI personality, and has mastered the secrets of The Necronomicon. He resurrects Bruno Gerussi and makes him his herald, as they travel through time and dimension on a quest to rid the multiverse of demons and 5th level entities.

/this is for you havoc.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

i remember watching this show as a younglin...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby unikrunk on Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:32 pm

havocSchultz wrote:
unikrunk wrote:A spin off of The Beachcombers, which follows the adventures of Relic, who's houseboat has been upgraded with an AI personality, and has mastered the secrets of The Necronomicon. He resurrects Bruno Gerussi and makes him his herald, as they travel through time and dimension on a quest to rid the multiverse of demons and 5th level entities.

/this is for you havoc.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

i remember watching this show as a younglin...

oh, me too, Sunday nights on the ole' CBC.

Do you remember this shit...The Secret Railroad?

Best cartoon EVAR. Mr. Passenger and his cat Melanie, Simon and the girl with the star shaped hair. Or how about some Hilarious House Of Frankestein, with Vincent Price, and the fantastic Billy Van.

Or better still, The Star Lost, The Littlest Hobo, and The King of Kensington

/sorry for the threadjack, I should start an "Awesome Canadian TV" thread...
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby ONeillSG1 on Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:37 pm

How about a spin-off of "Lost" called "Found" where they use the Others as the main focus and actually ANSWER the questions they ask in "Lost". Make it a block of TV on Wednesday nights.

Or better yet: have it on the day before a new episode of Lost so the previous week's questions were answered before new ones are asked.
Last edited by ONeillSG1 on Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby unikrunk on Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:38 pm

ILASH - friggin' Degrassi. I was always more into The Edison Twins, at least the chick. :D

/post order is jacked
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby ONeillSG1 on Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:39 pm

WTF IS UP WITH THE MESSAGE ORDER!?!?!

God damn "I'm going to Sizzler" Falken, WHERE ARE YOU?!?
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby havocSchultz on Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:40 pm

unikrunk wrote:

oh, me too, Sunday nights on the ole' CBC.

Do you remember this shit...The Secret Railroad?

Best cartoon EVAR. Mr. Passenger and his cat Melanie, Simon and the girl with the star shaped hair. Or how about some Hilarious House Of Frankestein, with Vincent Price, and the fantastic Billy Van.

Or better still, The Star Lost, The Littlest Hobo, and The King of Kensington

/sorry for the threadjack, I should start an "Awesome Canadian TV" thread...

no need to start a new thread... throw in all variations of Degrassi and a lil bit of North of 60 and of course some Corner Gas, and you've pretty much listed them all...

:wink:
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Lady Sheridan on Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:42 pm

I still want to see a Doctors Without Borders spinoff of ER, featuring Luka Kovac as the brave, endangered doctor.

The Africa episodes were the best the show has done in YEARS, particularly when he was presumed dead. I suppose they played out all the emotion they possibly could, but I think it could work. Plenty of current material to draw on, unfortunately.

Of course, being ER, they had to ruin a good thing and hand the juicy plot bone to the increasingly dull Noah Wyle. Now the Africa episodes are "How John Carter misunderstands the political and cultural situation he is in, and people end up dead." So that dumb Americans can learn through Carter in a clumsy way. Laaaame.
Lady Sheridan
RED

Postby havocSchultz on Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:45 pm

how bout a spin-off of 24 called 12...starring Chuck Norris...

cause when everybody else needs a full day to save the world - chuck norris can do it in half the time...

the rest of the day he spends roundhouse kicking susan cagle in the ass...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:45 pm

Lady Sheridan wrote:I still want to see a Doctors Without Borders spinoff of ER, featuring Luka Kovac as the brave, endangered doctor.

The Africa episodes were the best the show has done in YEARS, particularly when he was presumed dead. I suppose they played out all the emotion they possibly could, but I think it could work. Plenty of current material to draw on, unfortunately.

Of course, being ER, they had to ruin a good thing and hand the juicy plot bone to the increasingly dull Noah Wyle. Now the Africa episodes are "How John Carter misunderstands the political and cultural situation he is in, and people end up dead." So that dumb Americans can learn through Carter in a clumsy way. Laaaame.

... oooonly a COMEDY!

... I'll get my coat.
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:47 pm

@LS - actually, seriously, I agree with you there. They made for tense viewing.

Are we only doing telly or are we doing movies too? I notice this is in Coaxial but I think it could be opened up further to include the films, or films that could end up as television series spinoffs etc.
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby John-Locke on Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:49 pm

havocSchultz wrote:how bout a spin-off of 24 called 12...starring Chuck Norris...

cause when everybody else needs a full day to save the world - chuck norris can do it in half the time...

BRAVISIMO HAVOC

IPAMPILASH
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby havocSchultz on Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:51 pm

unikrunk wrote:ILASH - friggin' Degrassi. I was always more into The Edison Twins, at least the chick. :D

/post order is jacked

holy crap... i so am remembering all these shows... the edison twins... :D

wasn't Breaker High canadian as well... starring good ole Ryan Gosling...?
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby John-Locke on Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:52 pm

jgraphix wrote:A spinoff of "The Shield" called "Dutch" where we follow Dutch's transfer to a new precinct and watch him slowly turn into a crazed cop that often walks a thin line between cop and criminal.

I'll second that motion.

How about a spinoff of "The Wire" following the rise to power of Omar Little in a new city, make it like a modern day Robin Hood/Scarface in the Ghetto.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby unikrunk on Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:54 pm

havocSchultz wrote:how bout a spin-off of 24 called 12...starring Chuck Norris...

My entire team just jumped out of their seats, as when I read that I issued an insanely loud and frightening evil-choking-laugh-scream.

thanks havoc!

Did you know that Chuck Norris once made a woman have an orgasm by simply pointing his finger at her and saying ‘Booyah’?

And yes, Breaker High = Canadian
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby havocSchultz on Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:54 pm

i'd also like to see "FAWLTY RETIREMENT HOME" and "ARE YOU STILL NOT BEING FUCKING SERVED"...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby unikrunk on Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:56 pm

havoc is fucking me up bad. holy shit that is funny.
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Al Shut on Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:00 pm

unikrunk wrote:Did you know that Chuck Norris once made a woman have an orgasm by simply pointing his finger at her and saying ‘Booyah’?

I also heard he put out a video were he teaches how to do that trick.
Note to myself: Fix this image shit!
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby unikrunk on Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:03 pm

A spin off of Cheers; it's one show, 30 minutes of Norm having a heart attack while dropping a deuce. It's still called Cheers, but the font is 'drippy blood'.

Also, I would like to see a spin off of Saved by the Bell, where the chick is an absolute slut stripper, and for audacity's sake, call it Showgirls.
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby unikrunk on Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:04 pm

Al_Shut wrote:
unikrunk wrote:Did you know that Chuck Norris once made a woman have an orgasm by simply pointing his finger at her and saying ‘Booyah’?

I also heard he put out a video were he teaches how to do that trick.

yep. The vid comes with a pair of his patented action pants, with the elastic crotch, for when you have to throw a side-kick into someone's mellon.
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby unikrunk on Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:08 pm

John-Locke wrote:In all honesty I'd like to see a Simpsons spin off that would basically be 30 minutes of brand new back to back Itchy & Scratchy Cartoons.

now that is a million dollar idea. seriously, that would be so good.
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby John-Locke on Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:09 pm

In all honesty I'd like to see a Simpsons spin off that would basically be 30 minutes of brand new back to back Itchy & Scratchy Cartoons.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Fried Gold on Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:24 pm

Bile: The Life of Eugene Tooms.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby thomasgaffney on Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:13 pm

I'd like to see a spinoff to My Two Dads that takes place before Staci Keanan is adopted by her two dads and follows the life of her mom, just so we can see what sort of woman would have sex with both Paul Reiser and Greg Evigan.....
find me: twitter and goodreads
find my book: amazon
thomasgaffney
a might unpredictable

Postby buster00 on Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:27 pm

ONeillSG1 wrote:How about a spin-off of "Lost" called "Found" where they use the Others as the main focus and actually ANSWER the questions they ask in "Lost". Make it a block of TV on Wednesday nights.

Or better yet: have it on the day before a new episode of Lost so the previous week's questions were answered before new ones are asked.

PERFECT! We'll take it!

I, for one, don't think NBC fully explored the Cosby-verse. Sure, we got "A Different World" (focusing on Denise Huxtable's further adventures), but what about Theo?

I see Theo growing up as a hard-ass private eye. Something styled after Shaft, but with more of the "life n' love lessons" we can glean from occasional guest shots by the Coz.

THEO (to some gangbanger): "It's time you learned what my ol' man told me years ago, sucka -- 'I brought you INTO this world...and I can take you OUT!' Show 'im, Roach!"

ROACH'S PISTOL: BLAM! BLAM! BLAM!

CLIFF (to Theo): "I've never been more proud of you, son."
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Vegeta on Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:06 pm

Law & Order: Behind the Desk

1 full hour of police paper shuffling!!!!
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY

Postby Fried Gold on Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:15 pm

thomasgaffney wrote:I'd like to see a spinoff to My Two Dads that takes place before Staci Keanan is adopted by her two dads and follows the life of her mom, just so we can see what sort of woman would have sex with both Paul Reiser and Greg Evigan.....

Sadly Greg Evigan is too busy filming "When Things get Knocked Over, Spill or Fall Out of Cupboards" to commit.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby The Ginger Man on Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:26 pm

Here's the Lost spin-off I want to see.

"They Call Me Mr. Eko"

A weekly, hour-long show where Mr. Eko, mysteriously freed from the island (b/c who the fuck needs answers anyway), travels the world delivering justice with his Jesus stick. Every episode can end with Eko giving a creepy monologue/moral message into his bathroom mirror right before having his daily shave.

And the show can guest star all the people from the Losties' flashbacks where we learn the reason they're all connected is b/c they went to college together. Which is of course where Eko and J-Stick will make their HQ, the old college frat house. That's where the comic relief comes in: Mr. Eko having to deal with his fun-loving, beer swilling, tail-chasing roomies.

Soooooo....who's ready to green-light this baby? Abrams? I'm looking at you!
The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle

Postby Vegeta on Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:26 pm

I still say that we need a Faith the Vampire Slayer series! Eliza ain't been up to much lately. She'll be a renegade Slayer and Andrew will show up occasionally to bring her back to the fold (failing ofcourse).
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY

Postby Kilgore on Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:49 pm

Getting a new dose of Andre Braugher in 'Thief' reminds me that I want to see a spin-off from the demised 'Homicide' following Frank Pembleton's career as a college instructor/professor, and I want no charactarization whatsoever, just a solid hour every week of Frank browbeating rich and spoiled college kids until they cry, crap themselves, or revoke their wicked ways and join the Peace Corps.
Kilgore
AIRWOLF

Postby Bob Samonkey on Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:06 pm

Hiro for hire. Hiro becomes a superhero for hire in this laugh heavy sitcom.
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby The Vicar on Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:09 pm

Kilgore wrote:Getting a new dose of Andre Braugher in 'Thief' reminds me that I want to see a spin-off from the demised 'Homicide' following Frank Pembleton's career as a college instructor/professor, and I want no charactarization whatsoever, just a solid hour every week of Frank browbeating rich and spoiled college kids until they cry, crap themselves, or revoke their wicked ways and join the Peace Corps.

I think they tried something like that with Gideons Crossing, which in retrospect seemed like a forerunner to House.

But I like your idea better - no one rocked The Box like Pembelton. What he would do to college pinhead types, like the ones that keep plagueing Lady Sheridan, would be classic.
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone

Postby The Vicar on Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:10 pm

I always wanted to see a spin off of Doctor Who involving a different timelord.
The entire species cannot be made up of tight assed wankers.....there had to be another "free thinker" roaming the cosmos.

I have a script.......

but its poo poo.
The Vicar

Postby Chilli on Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:14 pm

The Weevil & Keith Experience!

Pretty much Weevil and Keith (veronica Mars) solving their own crimes while Veronica's at College. Nuked by last ep's happenings, but you'd get a nice class between technique and class.
Bison: [to his architect] The temple above us was the wonder of the ancient world. Bisonopolis shall be the wonder of my world. But I think the food court should be larger. All the big franchises will want in.
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby minstrel on Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:25 pm

A spin off of MXC, with Kenny Blankenship as a doofus judge and Vic Romano as a prosecuting attorney who keeps thwapping him with a fan. Captain Tenneal could be the bailiff, introducing the various MXC contestant tormentors and putting them on trial for the ridiculous stuff they keep doing to the hapless contestants.

There would be a lot of fan-thwapping, and idiotic pronouncements from the bench.
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency

Postby Doc Holliday on Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:51 am

Murdock and B.A. - "Odd Couple for hire". For those awkward occasions when some greedy land baron/oil magnate/cartel boss just won't let your peaceful community be.

All predicaments considered - special consideration given to those that will involve some flying, hence leading to (yet more) "I ain't getting on no damned plane" style shenanigans.

Unused farming machinery (plus all conceivable spare parts) kept rusting in a locked barn considered a "nice to have" rather than essential.
"I think the worst time to have a heart attack is during a game of charades..."

Demetri Martin
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Doc Holliday on Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:01 am

Better yet...what you really want is a sort of "Losers Justice League", comprising only of those B-Listers from the Belissarius/Cannell/Lupo stables.

So you'd get something like the following roster

Manimal
"Cursor" from Automan
Ski and Bubba from Blue Thunder - always moaning because they aren't allowed to borrow "Rolling Thunder"
Jack Striker from "Cover Up"

and maybe even

Romano from T.J. Hooker
the entire/selected cast of Seaquest D.S.V (original series)
Not Ponch from CHIPS, the other one - always moaning about how Ponch got the girls but was rubbish really.

And so forth.

They'd always get to the scenes of big crimes to find the likes of Knight Rider had got there first and saved the day - leaving them to worry about unsubstantial crimes instead, that never get decent copy in the papers.

It'd be a hit I tell you!

Demetri Martin
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:21 am

That's a brilliant and hilarious idea Doc!

Can Reno Raines of Renegade fame be in it too?

ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Doc Holliday on Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:27 am

ThisIsTheGirl wrote:That's a brilliant and hilarious idea Doc!

Can Reno Raines of Renegade fame be in it too?

Oh man - of course! There's always room on any B-List for the wonder of Lorenzo Lamas! lol - and that Indian Chief he had as his sort of Devon Miles-type character...he's a shoe-in as well.

And you'd have "Jesse" from StreetHawk always trying to tinker with Reno's bike...a constant source of comedic frisson between those great action moments a series like this would surely bring...

:D :D :D

Demetri Martin
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby The Vicar on Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:07 am

Damn, Doc, you're on a roll!!!
Go with it.

Life is Good!
( Death blows.....)
The Vicar

Postby havocSchultz on Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:10 am

What?!?!

Lame sidekicks...?!?!?!?!?

Well then...don't forgt to add this guy...

Haha...

Who the fuck are you?

You're not a BrownCoat.
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Return to Coaxial