CAPRICA

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Re: CAPRICA

Postby bill blake on Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:28 am

i'm with the show lovers on this one, but i need some background filler. i missed the pilot and the capitalists are making it impossible for me to watch it without spending my hard earned dollar (as if having to watch this on scyfy isn't bad enough). i'm lost on how joe adama's daughter ended up in the virtual world. what i could get from back story was his wife and her were killed in the train explosion. could i get an assist?

could there be more hot teenage girls in this show?

i thought the talk show episode was cheesy in a sammy maudlin sort of way, but i loved the idea of zoe being the trinity (the father, son and holy ghost thing has always confused me. who's the holy ghost and what is it the ghost of. this sort of explained it for me)in a prior episode.

i'm ready for next week. so say we all.
bill blake
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Leckomaniac on Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:02 am

bill blake wrote:i'm with the show lovers on this one, but i need some background filler. i missed the pilot and the capitalists are making it impossible for me to watch it without spending my hard earned dollar (as if having to watch this on scyfy isn't bad enough). i'm lost on how joe adama's daughter ended up in the virtual world. what i could get from back story was his wife and her were killed in the train explosion. could i get an assist?

Right. So, here it goes...

Zoe was some sort of genius. It was her that created a SEPARATE avatar of herself. This avatar was pretty much sentient. She, her boyfriend, and her friend Lacy were supposed to run away to another planet, but at the last minute Lacy got cold feet. Zoe's boyfriend turned out to be a radical and blew up the train (with Zoe on it of course).

Zoe's father finds the Zoe Avatar in the virtual world and is astounded by it. He realized that he could make something similar. He had met Mr. Adama at a memorial thing for the victims of the crash (his wife and daughter having died) and they became friends. Long story short, he made an avatar of Adama's daughter so that he could see her again.

Zoe's dad then ges all diabolical and sucks the Zoe avatar out of the virtual world and puts it in a robot (using tech that Mr. Adama helped him steal) and abandons Adama's daughter in the virtual world and lies to him about it.

That about does it.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby bill blake on Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:20 am

thanks lecko!

so after seeing the last episode, am i to understand that adama's daughter is some sort of super avatar for reasons we have yet to see?
bill blake
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Leckomaniac on Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:39 am

bill blake wrote:thanks lecko!

so after seeing the last episode, am i to understand that adama's daughter is some sort of super avatar for reasons we have yet to see?

Since she is not connected to an actual living person outside of V-World, she cannot be "killed" or remove herself from V-World.

She exists only in V-World. She isn't really a "super avatar," since she doesn't represent anyone. Whereas every one else in V-World is an avatar, she is the only INHABITANT of V-World. Does that make sense?
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby bill blake on Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:45 pm

you bet. thanks for the assist.
bill blake
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Leckomaniac on Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:57 pm

bill blake wrote:you bet. thanks for the assist.

Hey!

You live in Chicago?! Where? I am in Wrigleyville.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby bill blake on Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:48 pm

jefferson park

go cubs
bill blake
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Leckomaniac on Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:23 pm

bill blake wrote:jefferson park

go cubs

Frak yeah!
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Jabbadonut on Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:36 pm

Is Caprica now the new, official, best show on television? It is certainly a good one.
Look! Even Steve is throwing chocolate snowballs . . . oh . . .
Jabbadonut
REAL DRAGON

Postby bill blake on Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:02 am

i think lost is better, but that's only because it's almost over. i do like caprica though.
bill blake
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby geekgrrl on Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:09 am

Thanks to a SyFy marathon this past Friday I am finally getting caught up on Caprica and although it does have it's flaws (namely me getting over the fact that it isn't BSG) I can see myself watching it in the future. I don't know if it will ever reach BSG status for me but then again what will?

http://mendie22.wordpress.com/2010/03/1 ... -could-be/
http://lostinreviews.com/ For those of us who live outside of normal
geekgrrl
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby The Vicar on Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:56 am

geekgrrl wrote:Thanks to a SyFy marathon this past Friday I am finally getting caught up on Caprica and although it does have it's flaws (namely me getting over the fact that it isn't BSG) I can see myself watching it in the future. I don't know if it will ever reach BSG status for me but then again what will?

I feel your pain. Sadly, it can't be done, but I'l take the bone they're throwing us over nothing at all. Frakking addict...... :roll: :wink:
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone

Postby geekgrrl on Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:34 pm

[quote=I feel your pain. Sadly, it can't be done, but I'l take the bone they're throwing us over nothing at all. Frakking addict...... :roll: :wink:
[/quote]

I wonder if they have a 12 step program for people like us? Probably not.
http://lostinreviews.com/ For those of us who live outside of normal
geekgrrl
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby DennisMM on Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:41 pm

Took Daniel long enough to figure out Zoe's avatar is in the MCP, didn't it?

I'm glad they didn't kill the dog. I can't imagine Daniel's next test.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Postby sonnyboo on Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:02 pm

Great stopping point, although I find it hard to believe they truly killed either character!
sonnyboo
REAL DRAGON

Postby Jakester on Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:10 am

I don't think that they did. I believe crews will be searching when the show returns in the fall. I'll be shocked if they find anything.
Jakester
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:41 pm

Comes back in a few days (Oct 5). I missed most (essentially all) of the first season. Should I hurry and get caught up? Please advise.
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby Pacino86845 on Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:42 pm

Well it ain't called Crapica for nothin'... :wink:
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby Jakester on Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:29 pm

I'm glad the show's back. I got sucked back in to the story pretty easily, and yes, you definitely need to see the first half of the season or I doubt any of it would make much sense.
That said, I'm not too sure I liked the time jump. That means that we need to wait until some point in the future where we have a flashback episode to find out what went on between the "midseason" finale and the "midseason" premiere. LAME.
Jakester
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby ONeillSG1 on Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:09 am

I went through all the eps available of Caprica and found them very bleh. The New Cap City stuff was very GTA-like but on crack, the Zoe/Cylon stuff made me want to throw something at the television (though the chick who plays Zoe is SUPER CUTE. Her eyes are amazing) and the Turian stuff with the uncle was very cliche and lame, albeit it explains why they chose to use a mix of Middle Eastern chants and Gaelic flutes when ever Adama had a reflective moment in BSG.

I'll pass on this from this point forward.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby The Vicar on Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:52 pm

Apparently the pathetically named SyFy Channel agrees with you, as Caprica has been frakked.
And frakked immediately, so it appears there will be no attempt to wrap things up or tie up loose ends.
A nice big Frak You to the BSG fans who did show up.
And they will expect these same fans to show up for Blood & Chrome ( the Bill Adama Story).
The Vicar

Postby so sorry on Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:24 pm

The Vicar wrote:And they will expect these same fans to show up for Blood & Chrome ( the Bill Adama Story).

Don't act like you won't watch it 8-)
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby The Vicar on Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:32 pm

so sorry wrote:
The Vicar wrote:And they will expect these same fans to show up for Blood & Chrome ( the Bill Adama Story).

Don't act like you won't watch it 8-)

I won't.

I don't get SyFy.
The Vicar

Postby DennisMM on Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:05 pm

They will supposedly be burning off the remaining episodes in the Spring. These have already been produced, so no wrap-up.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Postby RaulMonkey on Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:03 pm

But, but... I had three episodes stored on my PVR. I was gonna get to them, I swear....

Ah well, frak it now.

::Gaffneys::
RaulMonkey
ZONE AMBASSADOR

Previous

Return to Coaxial