Rescue Me

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Rescue Me

Postby Guest on Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:45 am

Long story short? The second-season finale airs Sept. 13. The third season is expected to shoot and air early next year.

I confess I got really sucked into 'Rescue Me' this summer. Sometimes it thinks it's more outrageous than it really is, but I love that Callie Thorne has gone all lesbian, and tha

Read more...

Source: AICN: Coaxial
Ain't It Cool News is a Harry Knowles production bringing you the latest in movie, TV, comic and other coolness that's got Hollywood's panties in a bunch. Primary contributor to this Coaxial Feed is the genius of Hercules The Strong.

Postby wonkabar on Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:19 am

Damn, I wanted to check this show out
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby The Selecter on Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:10 am

I think this season is off to a good start. After the heavy ending to last season, it's good to see that they've dosed the first two episodes with plenty of comedy, at least until the Tommy beat the shit out of his brother. That was pretty brutal. Sean must be shitting a brick now.

Leary is probably a polarizing persona to many, but he (and Tolan) put on a damn fine show.
The Selecter
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby tfactor on Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:58 am

I watched this last night and it was pretty funny. Though this show always feels like it's lacking something and I can't put my finger on it. Plus for a show about a bunch of fireman in NYC they had absolutely no fires, what's up with that?

I believe I often think too highly of Dennis because of my youth with No Cure For Cancer and his old school MTV days. I mean he's still a funny Irish Struggling Background Artist but I don't think he's got the same edge he used too.

Anyway the show was entertaining and I'll keep watching but I can see why it doesn't get much love in the zone tbh.

maybe if he fought fires with a lightsaber...
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby jgraphix on Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:09 am

This show is great! This season is sure to be good with all the cameos coming up. Tommy is one of the best characters on T.V. right now.
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
jgraphix
AIRWOLF

Postby Luscious on Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:38 pm

I love Rescue Me. I've been a fan since the first episode of season one. I thought it might have lost it's edge about midway into season two but man oh man did it redeem itself in the end. This season has started off great as well. With both the Sopranos and Deadwood coming to an end, I think FX will soon be the best network on cable. It doesn't get much better than Rescue Me, The Shield, Nip/Tuck and Thief. HBO used to be the winner hands down but The Sopranos has been going downhill and will soon come to an end, Carnivale was canceled prematurely and this will be Deadwood's last season. Not much will be left on HBO but The Wire and Curb Your Enthusiam.
Luscious
GLIB

Postby Malachi Constant on Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:50 pm

I'm a huge fan of the show, but after last nights episode I get this funny feelin about Leery. Does anyone else notice how he essentially has his own show and writes himself as a fist fighting superman who can nail any chick. I love the character but look at Leery, do you really buy all these smoking women falling over him even if he is an NY firefighter? All that aside love the show.
Malachi Constant
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Lady Sheridan on Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:00 pm

I'm a fan of it as well. I got really into it last season but I missed the last two episodes (people in my house often don't believe in sharing) and only got to hear about them second hand.

How evil is his ex-wife though?! "I'm glad it happened so he didn't grow up like you" god, she needs her come uppance!

My favorite character is "Probie" and he doesn't get nearly enough screen time.
Lady Sheridan
RED

Postby Conroy420 on Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:08 am

Season 3 just started to air here in CAnada and showcase.

Only the first two episodes have aired and I think its really a great show, right up there with LOST and Entourage for me.

Where will this season go, I can only wonder.

I really loved how he beat the shit out of his brother, fantastic!

Great characters, rich dialogue, what else can you want in a dramedy?
To read some original works by me, please ask, I need the feedback!
Conroy420
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Re: Rescue Me

Postby John-Locke on Thu May 07, 2009 1:21 pm

Anyone else here still watching?

Season 5 has probably been the best yet and Michael J. Fox has been brilliant in his small role.

For a show I started off watching just because it was better than a lot of other crap its really improved over the seasons and its become one of my favourite shows on at the moment.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Shermdawg on Thu May 07, 2009 3:28 pm

Season two is still the best in my opinion, but this year seems to be a huge improvement over season four.

And if Callie Thorne has some more scenes like that final one in this week's episode, she deserves an Emmy nod. It's too bad Jack McGee didn't receive one while he was with the show.
Shermdawg
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Fri May 08, 2009 12:47 am

Crap, I keep forgetting it's on.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Shermdawg on Tue May 12, 2009 11:02 pm

Great, great, scene with Adam Ferrara tonight. And Lou too, his fight with Tommy was some good stuff. Tonight's ep was the best the show's been in a long time.
Shermdawg
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Shermdawg on Sat May 30, 2009 11:05 pm

Another amazing episode this week.

That whole segment with Tommy in the bar had a great twist.
Shermdawg
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Brit Pop on Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:10 pm

I love this show...

Leary gets at least one of his rants per episode - and they are funny!!

The best thing about this season is seeing Michael J Fox doing an awesome job, if only every other episode!!
Brit Pop
AIRWOLF

Postby Ribbons on Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:54 pm

I've been watching the first few seasons of Rescue Me lately. I'd never seen the show before so I didn't know what to expect, but it's been a pretty nice surprise. Like Leary's stand-up it's ostensibly comedy, but it's hard to classify as such sometimes because the tone is incredibly bleak. I really liked season 1, thought season 2 was a little up-and-down. Right now I'm a few episodes into season 3 and I like what they've been doing so far. I'm a little surprised that Tommy already learned about Garrity and his sister/Janet and his brother, and that they beat the crap out of each other. I thought that was something that'd be more of a slow burn, so it'll be interesting to see where the story goes from there.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Ribbons on Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:14 pm

Actually, there are a lot of plotlines that seem to be moving at a pretty fast clip. Less than halfway through and the money has already been stolen from the can, the teacher arrested, Tommy drugged and raped by a vengeful Shiela, etc. Definitely keeps you on your toes as a viewer. Anyway season 3 has been really good so far.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Return to Coaxial