Official Entourage Discussion Thread

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Official Entourage Discussion Thread

Postby stereosforgeeks on Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:57 pm

Vince, Eric, Drama, Turtle, and Ari are back for Season 3 and we even get 20 episodes!

So will Aquaman bring Vince the mainstream success Ari's been wanting for him?
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Fievel on Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:57 pm

I can't even begin to predict whether or not Aquaman will do well, but this season has started off strong. James Woods.... BRILLIANT!!!! I also loved how Ari's wife actually showed some faith and confidence in her husband as they hit the red carpet.
Feels good to have the summer Sunday nights back..... but I do miss Six Feet Under already.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby EWS on Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:41 pm

I have just seen the first season. We didn't get this over in the UK and it's a shame, the first season was brilliant, and I had to watch all of them one after another. Getting a copy of the second season now, and plan to import them as soon as they come back into stock at PLAYusa.
monorail77 wrote:I officially vote EWS as way fucking coolest guy in the Zone

You know it makes sense!
Find out why
Remember, your new thread always belongs somewhere else!
EWS
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Iconoclastica on Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:51 pm

EWS wrote:I have just seen the first season. We didn't get this over in the UK and it's a shame, the first season was brilliant, and I had to watch all of them one after another. Getting a copy of the second season now, and plan to import them as soon as they come back into stock at PLAYusa.

It just keeps getting better . . . Ari is a god. Though this season started off a bit soft (despite James Woods being PRICELESS, as Fievel mentioned) for the first episode, it looks like it has mounds of potential . . .

I am Jack's broken heart
Iconoclastica
DEADLY ZONETTE

Postby Conroy420 on Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:33 pm

the season premiers for both season 1 & 2 started off the same, not too great but very promising. The following episodes delievered.

Each season got better, so this will probably prove true for this season as well.

Piven needs an emmy!
To read some original works by me, please ask, I need the feedback!
Conroy420
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby EWS on Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:11 pm

Ok, just watched the second series and there are a few things that bother me.

-Ari telling E things that he isn't meant to tell Vince, but does, then gets back to Ari and it turns out that Ari has lied. The first time it was cool, the second time, it was driving home the point that Ari can't be trusted and is a dick, but yet when it continued to happen (or there were small variations on it) it just got annoying. Yeah, I get that Ari is a gentleman, but does it need to happen all the time?

-E falling out with Vince, having fights with Vince. Happened all the time, again got rather old.

-In the first series, I thought E's relationship with Emily could have been handeled better. It just seemed to be tacked on the side, and I would have liked to have seen more of her.

-Both the season finales were very similar, with Vince and E falling out, then making up at the end.

Saying that, it was brilliant, and had me hooked. I have just watched both series in two days and I am downloading the first episode of season 3. The thing that gets me about it is the charm, you really want to believe that sort of thing happens "behind the scenes" in the industry, and that they just have that much fun. However, my highlights of the series involve;

+ Ari going nuts at the end of season 2, just pure brilliance. That guy is a legend.

+ The episode about Turtles 'drought' was great, loved it - you nearly felt sorry for the guy.

+ E is quite possibly one of the best characters I have seen in a TV Sitcom for ages. I feel like I know him from somewhere.

+ Likewise with Ari, and the best moments in the film are when Ari and E get together.

+ The cameos are brilliant. Love the James 'Call me Jim' Cameron moments, and the small moment with Richard Schiff. Just great.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing more of this program, and I just wonder where they will take it in the future. Suprised to see Harry or one of the gangs not get a cameo in it yet.

*EDit* Just saw the first episode of season 3, and must say that it wasn't very good. Didn't really like it, but I guess like the others it will pick up steam.
monorail77 wrote:I officially vote EWS as way fucking coolest guy in the Zone

You know it makes sense!
Find out why
Remember, your new thread always belongs somewhere else!
EWS
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Iconoclastica on Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:50 pm

Only thing missing . . .

"I AM A GOLDEN GOD!!!!"

8)

I love how this show not only exhalts the hollywood life, but also thinks of the little guy . . . boy do these writers ever respect geeks . . . hehe yay for the episode perfectly embodying every fanboy's wet dream :wink:

I am Jack's broken heart
Iconoclastica
DEADLY ZONETTE

Postby stereosforgeeks on Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:42 pm

Did anyone else find Dom as annoying as E, Turtle and Drama? I guess it was the point, however.

I hope they can do something interesting with his character so I don't want to kick his ass everytime he's on screen!
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby bigtroyjon on Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:47 pm

Dom is going to be real annoying. I think they are gonna have him be the guy that takes everything too far, without really caring about anyone else. Pretty much be worm from rounders.
bigtroyjon
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby Iconoclastica on Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:58 pm

didn't you guys watch the previews for the next episode? There's no way he's lasting more than three or four episodes total, TOPS. He's coming in, there will be some scandal with him, and he'll leave all huffy and puffy that his friends have changed (and most likely will either leave in hand cuffs or having pocketed some serious pocket change from their McMansion) . . .

I am Jack's broken heart
Iconoclastica
DEADLY ZONETTE

Postby Conroy420 on Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:31 am

I have to agree with the poster above.

Dom isn't going to be around much longer.

The problem with Entourage is that it can only have the same old partying/ antics/ ari without it getting old. They try to fuse drama into it, and it just doesn't work as well as the better, more lighter episodes. Dom is a plot device to create tension in the show.

Don't get me wrong though, I love this show. Its the best thing on TV along with Sopranos and Lost. I own both seasons on dvd and will be this one as soon as its out. I just hate to see it over stay its welcome yah know?

I just hope Dom ends up beating up a real pansy like Justin Timberlake or a character made to be like him, like the Justine whatshername from the first season mad to be like britney spears.
Conroy420
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby stereosforgeeks on Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:10 am

Conroy420 wrote:I have to agree with the poster above.

Dom isn't going to be around much longer.

I just hope Dom ends up beating up a real pansy like Justin Timberlake or a character made to be like him, like the Justine whatshername from the first season mad to be like britney spears.

That would be awesome on both accounts!
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Iconoclastica on Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:20 am

Conroy420 wrote:I just hope Dom ends up beating up a real pansy like Justin Timberlake or a character made to be like him, like the Justine whatshername from the first season mad to be like britney spears.

while either of those scenarios would be hilarious, I really feel like the brunt of his damage is going to be this past episode (with the paparazzi), the next episode (with the robbery), and then perhaps one last one where he ultimately breaches trust by stealing something of Vince's, or committing a crime he can't get out of . . . maybe one more after that, along the same story line. While a fight with some ridiculous celeb would be priceless (and I did hear something about Seth Green being on an upcoming episode . . . how PAMPable would that be?!), I feel like he's already run most of his course . . .

I am Jack's broken heart
Iconoclastica
DEADLY ZONETTE

Postby Conroy420 on Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:36 am

Well Dom was out faster than we thought (without a celeb beating) and now Vince is out of Aqua2.

The new episode was pretty good and every week they leave off being more screwed over than when we last left them.

O what will happen next?
Conroy420
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby Iconoclastica on Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:45 am

Conroy420 wrote:Well Dom was out faster than we thought (without a celeb beating)

Hate to say I told ya so :wink:

Conroy420 wrote: and now Vince is out of Aqua2.

The new episode was pretty good and every week they leave off being more screwed over than when we last left them.

O what will happen next?

Yeah, this one definitely had its moments. I like that the show isn't copping out with perpetually happy endings, though the roller coaster pattern might get old fast (or not - it's not bothering me, but I can see it getting more and more redundant/formulaic).

On another note, I think the threesome would have been far more hilarious if they both chickened out at the last minute . . . who needs more whiney drama out of E? I love the kid, but he's so much more tolerable with this current girl in his life.

I am Jack's broken heart
Iconoclastica
DEADLY ZONETTE

Postby Bean on Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:57 am

Ohh the crew are FUCKED!

My guess? Vince will make Medellin and will win Best Actor, or some shit. Then he won't need WB!
Bean
AIRWOLF

Postby Iconoclastica on Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:03 pm

wow, a non-calamitous ending for once, of sorts . . . that's unheard of lately. E is such a girl, it is pretty hilarious. And that young agent is definitely going to two time Ari in about two episodes from now . . .

think they're gonna find another movie for Vince anytime soon, or is it going to turn into another unemployment limbo like last season?

I am Jack's broken heart
Iconoclastica
DEADLY ZONETTE

Postby stereosforgeeks on Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:40 pm

Drama was pretty on last night. He had some pretty good rails against E!
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby DocBosch on Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:36 pm

So whats the deal? Herc is reporting that the season ends in four episodes (making it a 12 ep season). Last year I heard a report that this season would be 18 or 22 episodes long. Some are saying they're spliting the season, and delivering the final 10 episodes, which are currently being shot, later in the year. Herc makes it sound as if those remaining episodes will be part of next season.

So whats the deal? Wait, I already said that.
DocBosch
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby kokomo84 on Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:24 pm

yep, next week is the finale
kokomo84
GLIB

Postby stereosforgeeks on Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:06 pm

I've heard they are still part of this season but will air in January. This seems more like a "Bonus Season" if you ask me.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Iconoclastica on Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:10 am

yeah, this is the final episode of the year (the first 12 episodes of the 20 episode season 3), not the final episode of the season . . . sort of like what's happening with the Sopranos (only hopefully not further delayed like the Sopranos). . .

the remaining 8 episodes are currently scheduled to air from March 18th - May 6th 2007.

I am Jack's broken heart
Iconoclastica
DEADLY ZONETTE

Postby stereosforgeeks on Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:03 am

Iconoclastica wrote:the remaining 8 episodes are currently scheduled to air from March 18th - May 6th 2007.

Damn! That probably means we won't get another next season until late 2007 at the earliest.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Iconoclastica on Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:07 pm

end of the episode . . . in the board room . . . just gotta say . . . FUCK MAN . . . sooooo didn't see that coming . . . at least not the way it did :?

I know I know, I'm sure it'll all be resolved . . . eventually . . . but daaamn

I am Jack's broken heart
Iconoclastica
DEADLY ZONETTE

Postby Bean on Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:12 pm

Ahh I can't wait to download it!!!!
Bean
AIRWOLF

Postby Bean on Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:27 pm

Jeremy Piven won Best Supporting Actor!!! He so deserved it!
Bean
AIRWOLF

Postby Iconoclastica on Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:51 pm

Let's hug it out, bitch :wink:

I am Jack's broken heart
Iconoclastica
DEADLY ZONETTE

Postby Bean on Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:12 am

Iconoclastica wrote:Let's hug it out, bitch :wink:

My friend just told me he saw a GAP ad in NYC featuring Jeremy Piven... I quickly googled it and found it and quickly used Paint to add a line :wink:

Image is too big for teh zone so click teh link!!!!!11

Havoc was a dear and shrunk the image down:

Last edited by Bean on Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bean
AIRWOLF

Postby Iconoclastica on Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:17 am

Bean wrote:
Iconoclastica wrote:Let's hug it out, bitch :wink:

My friend just told me he saw a GAP ad in NYC featuring Jeremy Piven... I quickly googled it and found it and quickly used Paint to add a line :wink:

Image is too big for teh zone so click teh link!!!!!11

much like Ari, dear bean . . . YOU ARE A GOD AMONGST INSECTS!

that is all.

I am Jack's broken heart
Iconoclastica
DEADLY ZONETTE

Postby stereosforgeeks on Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:32 am

Wow what an ending. Poor Ari.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby moose4787 on Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:04 pm

Iconoclastica wrote:end of the episode . . . in the board room . . . just gotta say . . . FUCK MAN . . . sooooo didn't see that coming . . . at least not the way it did :?

I know I know, I'm sure it'll all be resolved . . . eventually . . . but daaamn

i called it after vince and the gang went to josh winstien. It was predicatable but it was still so funny. I really like ari and his chariter. I also know that HBO would be fools not to have him back as a main chariter, but Im kinda hoping that they will make Ari the bad guy. Bring up the new vince. Someone to replace him.

But I lie I really dont want that I just want to see the whole gang having fun in LA
moose4787
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Iconoclastica on Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:20 pm

yeah there's no way in hell they'd do that . . . considering that it's based on Mark Wahlberg, and condemning Vince to be replaced would be like Wahlberg admitting to such a thing happening . . . very doubtful. The charm in the show is, as you said, watching the whole gang have fun in LA . . . along a meaningless, unmemorable rollercoaster ride of awesomeness ^_^

I am Jack's broken heart
Iconoclastica
DEADLY ZONETTE

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:51 am

As soon as I saw the boardroom I knew what was coming. I can't wait to see the colossal ass kissing Ari will have to do to get Vince back. It'll happen. Maybe not right away, but it will happen. Maybe Ari will have Allen offed as a good faith measure.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Bean on Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:01 pm

My guess? Bob Ryan was fucking with Arie. He didn't really sign the papers. He just wanted payback, to make Arie squirm. The hint of a smirk in his face after he hung up with Arie gave me the idea.
Bean
AIRWOLF

Postby Iconoclastica on Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:04 pm

if that's true, that would ROCK . . . seriously, would be a great way to deal with the twist, and an adequate impetus to show Ari crawling back to Vince and kissing his feet . . .

I am Jack's broken heart
Iconoclastica
DEADLY ZONETTE

Postby John-Locke on Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:44 pm

I want to see Vince having to leave Hollywood bankrupt and having to depend on Johnny Drama for his meals.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby kokomo84 on Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:20 pm

I didn't know they were splitting up the season...good to know I don't have to wait all the way until next summer.
kokomo84
GLIB

Postby moose4787 on Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:17 pm

I was thinking the same thing about the smirk on bobs face. It was the will see who has the last laugh smirk. I think that if this is the way it goes that it would be great. As soon as i saw the I want to be Sadated episode, aka the third to last. Ive been saying that this is Vinces Oscar movie. I want to see him win the Oscar, give a speech, with Dram and E and Turtle sitting in the crowed. Have him beat out some real big names.
Xbox live profile: Moose4787
moose4787
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Conroy420 on Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:11 pm

Yesterday on MovieCentral, Canada's HBO/Showtime, they aired all of season 3 back to back and I watched the majority of it while hungover from this long weekend.

As a whole I must say that this season wasn't the strongest of the three, although some of the episodes (One day in the valley) were some of the best the show has ever produced.

Any word on when the dvd is out?
Conroy420
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby Evil Hobbit on Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:48 pm

This thread is all the way on PAGE FUCKING 4???? Jesus, best comedy ever on page 4 only one way to bump it up; with a daily shot of classic Ari Gold!!

Enjoy:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sKvj5i4QJOs&mode=related&search=

2 days till new episode baby!
Evil Hobbit
AIRWOLF

Postby stereosforgeeks on Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:10 am

Season 3 Part 2 started last night and damn it was great.

Ari being called a bitch by Carla Gugino.

Ari and Vince wanting that man hug but just not getting there.

Turtles party preps.

Of course there's Johnny Drama "you must not work in the biz!"

Good start to the end of season 3. I can't wait for more!
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Fievel on Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:07 pm

I don't get the whole "Season 3 Part 2" thing.
Why not have a full season?

I'm not liking this show on so early (meaning not during the summer). BUT, I am glad to see it back on.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Fawst on Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:00 pm

Yah, serial TV is getting lame with this bullshit of cutting seasons into parts. Nevermind the fact that you have to buy the DVD sets that way, that's a whole other topic. But Sopranos and Entourage both doing it really irked me. It's not a full season! I didn't get to see Sopranos or Entourage last night, but something tells me that neither story picked up right where the last left off. In fact, didn't as much time in Sopranos pass as real time since the last episode? Why even bother calling it Season X Part A? Stupid.

Er, back to Entourage, I can't wait to check this new episode out :) My roommate bought my Fiancee and I the first two seasons for Christmas, can't wait to get around to watching those again.
Prince of the Land of Stench!
Fawst
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Conroy420 on Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:11 pm

The show is funny but I don't see it going for much longer.

The show is getting pretty formulatic, and it doesn't have that many laugh-out-loud moments as say the Office or even 30 Rock.

Also, I saw an interview with the cast, and I couldn't believe how different some of them where to their characters.

Its kind of silly but I just expected them to be the same.

who knew that Drama has a 16 year old daughter in real life and Turtle is winey, pansy, at least thats how he came across in the interview.
Conroy420
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby Fawst on Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:50 pm

Meanwhile, E in real life is more like Vince in the show... dating a Hilton and all...
Prince of the Land of Stench!
Fawst
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Conroy420 on Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:53 pm

True that.

I'd be worried if I was the actor playing Vince, Adrian Grenier? I can see casting agents having trouble seperating him from the show.

Same with audiences.

This show is so strange because it blends reality and fiction so well. I can understand how audiences get confused and don't seperate the characters from the actors, as it was discussed in the interview I saw with them.
Conroy420
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby Leckomaniac on Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:12 am

So I am watching Season 1 for the first time and man am I hooked on this show.

The chemistry is just there. Its really something. Too bad the seasons are so f'n short.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby busby on Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:32 am

Anyone have predictions on how long before Ari is representing Vince again? I would be surprised to see it happen this season unless Ari can get the Ramones project back I don't think he can pull Medellin off but hey may be able to get The Ramones one back.
busby
GLIB

Postby Fievel on Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:50 am

busby wrote:Anyone have predictions on how long before Ari is representing Vince again? I would be surprised to see it happen this season unless Ari can get the Ramones project back I don't think he can pull Medellin off but hey may be able to get The Ramones one back.

I dunno. I guess it would depend on if any further seasons have been confirmed or not. If there will definitely be another season, they could milk it until then. There's only what, 8 episodes this season?
If there has NOT been another season confirmed, I'd imagine he'll end up representing him again before the end of the season to tie it all back together just in case this is the end of the show.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby The Garbage Man on Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:29 pm

As much as I like Ari, I don't want him back representing Vince again for one simple reason: less Ari means more Carla Gugino.

I believe it was Oscar Wilde who said, "The more Gugino, the merrier. That's one hot slab o' ass!"

IMDb only lists her for 3 episodes, though, so Ari might be back on top sooner rather than later.
The Garbage Man
AIRWOLF

Next

Return to Coaxial