Official Entourage Discussion Thread

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Postby Fievel on Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:55 am

I"d rather have Billy Walsh than the cousin (?) or friend from NYC that came out a couple of years ago.

Lloyd should have gone to Cannes. Period.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Leckomaniac on Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:58 am

Bluebottle wrote:Anyone else this show has really fallen off the rails this season?

I thought "The Office" style season opener was a huge mistake, and making Billy Walsh a regular character has been a disaster... I mean, he's a fun character, in small doses. They never had to justify his insanity before, now... they've made him too real...

Just me?

I'll go back into my hole.

No I am right there with you. This show has REALLY taken a hit in quality if you ask me. It just doesn't have the same feel to it as before. This whole season has been a healthy dose of "meh".

Too bad.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Leckomaniac on Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:59 am

Fievel wrote:I"d rather have Billy Walsh than the cousin (?) or friend from NYC that came out a couple of years ago.

Lloyd should have gone to Cannes. Period.

Dom. Ugh those eps were hard to watch.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fievel on Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:13 am

Leckomaniac wrote:
Bluebottle wrote:Anyon e else this show has really fallen off the rails this season?

I thought "The Office" style season opener was a huge mistake, and making Billy Walsh a regular character has been a disaster... I mean, he's a fun character, in small doses. They never had to justify his insanity before, now... they've made him too real...

Just me?

I'll go back into my hole.

No I am right there with you. This show has REALLY taken a hit in quality if you ask me. It just doesn't have the same feel to it as before. This whole season has been a healthy dose of "meh".

Too bad.

It's all Eric's fault.
He's like the Mohinder of Entourage - whenever he appears on screen, I instantly fear that he'll actually say something. Eric has become a power-hungry asshole on top of being the whiny bitch that he's always been. It's not funny, it's annoying.

The Drama & Turtle scenes are usually still good, the Ari & Lloyd scenes are always good, but everything else is just..... ehhhhhhhhh okay.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby bluebottle on Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:41 am

I think I read somewhere that up until season 4, storylines were all loosely based on Wahlberg's experiences. This season, however, is purely fiction.

Makes me wonder if that's why the show feels like it's falling of the rails a bit.

What happened to Turtle's love story? It bothers me that Drama and Turtle have been shuffled to "silly b-story of the week" with very little throughline.
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby stereosforgeeks on Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:51 am

Bluebottle wrote:What happened to Turtle's love story? It bothers me that Drama and Turtle have been shuffled to "silly b-story of the week" with very little throughline.

That bothers me a lot too, but the side stories are normally good.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby bluebottle on Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:54 am

Any predictions as to how the season will end?

I'm hoping the film is a critical flop... It'll boost Eric's importance on the show... This whole time he's been saying he didn't like it, and he's finally justified.

That's what I hope will happen... But I think it will most likely end with the movie being a success and selling to a major studio for a record profit while "money" plays over the credits.
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby stereosforgeeks on Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:20 am

I like your idea, because nothing has been hard for the group.

Unfortunately, this probably won't be the case.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Fievel on Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:21 pm

Vince DOES need a flop, ala "Planet Of The Apes" for Wahlberg. If it does flop, I hope he just beats the shit out of Eric for not convincing him otherwise (regardless of what E did or did not do). I just want to see E get his ass beat.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Evil Hobbit on Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:52 pm

ohooo just came back from holiday in france and what joy to watch these 2 great eps back to back. Watching this show a few in a row realy improves the often way to short experience to do the shows writing justice. Loved, loved, loved Ari busting into the Execs. office. E should stop being nice, if he wants to produce or manage he should stand his back and open his fucking mouth. But I like his internal conflicts, don't think he's the whiny turd like many others. Just a to honest person to do the job he's doing. In fact, I think he's the only non-selfish person on the show. The only one not acting out of self interest. If there is one whiny bitch its Vince. Me me me me me, that's all he thinks about. Great stuff, and Kanye can't act.
Evil Hobbit
AIRWOLF

Postby stereosforgeeks on Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:42 pm

Doug Ellin's stated that if any of his kids turn out like the characters on the show he'd be really ashamed.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Evil Hobbit on Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:29 am

And so another season ends! I thought it was a great finale, realy toned down ending on a sobre note for our characters. Drama's love is almost to good to believe. The reaction of some people when he was looking for her made it seem like she was a transgender. But maybe that's what we come to expect from Entourage and Drama just finally found his true love. Leaving him more out of the group, starting a family while Turtle is more involved in the deals. Like he was now with Dana and dragged into the group by Vince on the red carpet. Ari hugging Harvey was gold, so was the juice dick at Lloyd's. Can't wait for next season. 8)
Evil Hobbit
AIRWOLF

Postby Leckomaniac on Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:17 pm

Just watched the finale. Not sure what I thought of this season. I just seemed to lack that extra something that made the show so special for 2 1/2 seasons. I really hope the poor reaction at Cannes can spice things up. I was really sick of everyone loving Vince's movies. Even the most tried actor has made some shitty decisions and I hope this turns out to be just that. I want Vince to be forced to mount a psuedo-comeback or something. I don't know. Going into this season I was so pissed that I didn't have HBO because I love me some Entourage...but if this is the quality that we can expect from here on out then I am happy I didn't shell out the cash.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby stereosforgeeks on Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:32 pm

Leckomaniac wrote:I really hope the poor reaction at Cannes can spice things up.

That's what I thought too. It was totally Drama who fucked them.

I wonder where she went off to. I thought she was going to be trans-gendered too!
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby John-Locke on Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:45 pm

All I cared about in the finale was Drama finding his girl, for me that whole storyline made it a good episode, I knew the film was going to get a shitty reception, how could it not with a bell end like Walsh directing.

I hope Dramas French Love is in it next season, she was about as perfect as you could possibly imagine.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby stereosforgeeks on Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:09 pm

John-Locke wrote:All I cared about in the finale was Drama finding his girl, for me that whole storyline made it a good episode, I knew the film was going to get a shitty reception, how could it not with a bell end like Walsh directing.

I hope Dramas French Love is in it next season, she was about as perfect as you could possibly imagine.

VICTORY! is Drama's. I seriously hope she is in the new season too.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby bluebottle on Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:21 am

stereosforgeeks wrote:VICTORY! is Drama's. I seriously hope she is in the new season too.

I wonder...

My feeling was that he needed the urgency of "love" to give him a purpose in the episode, but it wasn't intended to be a running story.

They'll justify it briefly in the first episode next season, if at all.

Drama: She was TOO in love with me, bro. It would have gotten messy. I had to let her go.
Vince: You dumped her?
Turtle: Tell them the truth, Drama.
Drama: That is the truth.
Eric: What? What really happened?
Turtle: She was 15.
Vince: What?!
Eric: Jesus Drama, that's a new low, even for you.
Drama: European girls mature faster. It's science.
Vince: I dunno, Johnny, that's walking a thin line.
Drama: No one understood our love.

And that takes care of that.
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fievel on Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:08 am

Finally saw the finale.

Knew the film would flop, but it'll be interesting to see if Harvey can re-edit it and make a good film out of it.
So what does this do for Silo??

It was nice seeing Dana getting along fine with the Boys. Obviously she's just bitter from being a victim of Ari's assholeness (well that & the abortion). But it was nice seeing her smile.

Was Walsh's reaction at the end a nod to Vincent Gallo freaking out about the reaction to Brown Bunny a few years ago?

I just hope the future brings some films that AREN'T films that will decide the fate of Vince. Just let him have some films that are decent but not everything is riding on them. That aspect of the show is played out and tired.

Come to think of it - as much as I love the show, I can't see it going on longet than one more season. Really, there's not a lot to keep it fresh.

Maybe Eric could die. That would be sweet.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Fawst on Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:57 pm

Bluebottle wrote:
stereosforgeeks wrote:

I wonder...

My feeling was that he needed the urgency of "love" to give him a purpose in the episode, but it wasn't intended to be a running story.

Drama: She was TOO in love with me, bro. It would have gotten messy. I had to let her go.

You need to write for the show. That's fucking GOLD, right there, not to mention exactly how it would go down.
Prince of the Land of Stench!
Fawst
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby stereosforgeeks on Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:31 pm

Fawst wrote:
Bluebottle wrote:
st ereosforgeeks wrote:

I wonder...

You need to write for the show. That's fucking GOLD, right there, not to mention exactly how it would go down.

Wow that is spot FN ON.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Evil Hobbit on Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:00 pm

stereosforgeeks wrote:
Fawst wrote:[quote ="Bluebottle"]
st ereosforgeeks wrote:

I wonder...

Wow that is spot FN ON.[/quote]

Haha genious!
Evil Hobbit
AIRWOLF

Postby bluebottle on Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:01 am

:oops:

thanks guys.
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Evil Hobbit on Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:23 pm

Rewatched the last episodes today and still think they aren't nearly devestaded enough by the flop of Medellin. The film is supposed to be everything to them, they "bled" for it, it is their labour of love and all they do is wave at it and say, Harvey will fix it. Specially Ari, of course as an agent he has to be keeping up appearance, but maaan he risked his ass for this film AND the next project. He should be furious, and should E. This disaster event should realy break some balls in their relationships with each other.

Still fun to watch though :)
Evil Hobbit
AIRWOLF

Postby Ribbons on Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:58 pm

I know he's not Laurence Olivier or anything, but surely Kevin Dillon can use his newfound fame to get better roles than this...?
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby saradactyl on Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:33 pm

Ribbons wrote:I know he's not Laurence Olivier or anything, but surely Kevin Dillon can use his newfound fame to get better roles than this...?

ugh, is this a joke? poor guy, who told him it would be a good idea to take this role.
saradactyl
GLIB

Postby stereosforgeeks on Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:56 pm

September 28 seems to be the return date for Season 5 unlike this summer which I had speculated. Unfortunately it's not even certain they will make that date.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Fievel on Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:09 pm

stereosforgeeks wrote:September 28 seems to be the return date for Season 5 unlike this summer which I had speculated. Unfortunately it's not even certain they will make that date.

Yeah, I saw September as the startup date somewhere. That sucks.
Entourage over the past few years has been such a "SUMMER'S HERE!!!" kind of show for me.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby stereosforgeeks on Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:54 pm

Fievel wrote:
stereosforgeeks wrote:September 28 seems to be the return date for Season 5 unlike this summer which I had speculated. Unfortunately it's not even certain they will make that date.

Yeah, I saw September as the startup date somewhere. That sucks.
Entourage over the past few years has been such a "SUMMER'S HERE!!!" kind of show for me.

summer's here, pass the smoke ;)
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Droncz92 on Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:20 pm

Anyone see the teaser for the new season?

It looks promising.
Droncz92
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Re:

Postby Evil Hobbit on Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:08 am

Droncz92 wrote:Anyone see the teaser for the new season?

It looks promising.

Do you have a link to the teaser?
Evil Hobbit
AIRWOLF

Re: Official Entourage Discussion Thread

Postby Droncz92 on Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:50 am

no sorry, i was watching entourage this last weekend on HBO and between shows they had it.
Droncz92
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby stereosforgeeks on Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:47 pm

Well the boys are back!

Vinnie went AWOL to Mexico with Turtle, grew a beard and lived of 79 dollars a day! First question where the fuck were they I want to bo0ok my next vacation!?!?!
E has some new clients. I wonder how long theyll put up with him.
Drama is dating the french girl still.
Loved the cameo of Ben Silverman.
The opening review perfectly set the mood.

Looking forward to rest of the season.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Evil Hobbit on Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:08 pm

YES THEY'RE BACK! Finally Ari had some balls again, loved how he threw that stack of papers to one of his agents head during a phonecall. It's great to have him a bit more menacing again. Drama was hilarious with is macbook. Show is still to short, when you watch Entourage back to back the show is much greater then watching it weekly. They should make this 40 minutes and explore a bit more dynamics within these characters. Specially Vince and E are getting a bit dried out.
Evil Hobbit
AIRWOLF

Postby John-Locke on Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:54 pm

That was over waaay too quickly :(

Who's Ben Silver SFG?
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby stereosforgeeks on Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:01 pm

John-Locke wrote:That was over waaay too quickly :(

Who's Ben Silver SFG?

I meant Silverman. But hes an NBC exec. The one that was supposed to tell drama to turn the other direction.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby stereosforgeeks on Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:03 am

"Like Lance Armstrong, but with two balls!"

Vince is finally on bottom and it will be good seeing him have to work to get back on top.

Im sort of glad the Jacqueline thing is over but I doubt she's gone for good at this point.

I wonder if Vince will take Drama's advice and start working out? Might not be a bad idea because last time we saw Vince without a shirt on, he kinds of looks like me and last I checked, I'm no movie star.

Maybe I'm being overly critical, but Nine Brave Souls sounded boring but it's good to see E trying to score new talent and him going to Amanda should be good drama.

I love how Ari was to blame for Mark Wahlberg doing The Truth About Charlie.

It's funny to Leighton Meester's Justine back pulling a Christina Aguilera. I don't think Vince really cares about her but it will get him in the papers and that's exactly what he needs right now.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Evil Hobbit on Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:29 pm

I love that the edge is back again in Entourage. Ari smashing phones of helpless colleagues, lot's of energy and working spirit. The town itself. E and his management stuff is a nice breakaway as well. I love it, still way to short...
Evil Hobbit
AIRWOLF

Postby Fievel on Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:43 pm

Agree with stereos and Evil Hobbit.

This season could be better than I would have imagined. I wasn't feeling too confident about the future of the show after last season... don't remember why.
Vince not being so fucking bohemian about everything in life should be good.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby John-Locke on Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:16 am

Oh man, what a brilliantly funny episode, that's got to go down as one of the best episodes of the show yet.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby stereosforgeeks on Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:34 am

John-Locke wrote:Oh man, what a brilliantly funny episode, that's got to go down as one of the best episodes of the show yet.

Little known cinematic gem, Hardbodies 3.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Entourage Movie Poster: Smoke Jumpers

Postby MikeFr on Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:20 am

Fake Movie Poster for Entourage's Smoke Jumpers:

http://www.ibored.com/2008/09/vincent-chases-next-flick-smok.html
MikeFr
GLIB

Postby Evil Hobbit on Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:12 pm

I love this season! IT's frikkin great, just like the good old seasons where there was a constant risk of losing projects. As long as Entourage keeps dealing with them trying to make movies from an impossible deal situation it's at it's a-game. Allows everyone to sweat and struggle, and it allows Ari to be his old rude self again. Love the bidding war stuff.
Evil Hobbit
AIRWOLF

Postby Evil Hobbit on Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:33 am

That was one weird episode...
Evil Hobbit
AIRWOLF

Postby stereosforgeeks on Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:37 am

Eric Roberts was awesome. Loved it!
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby John-Locke on Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:00 am

That was a fucking awesome episode, LOVED it.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Evil Hobbit on Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:34 am

So Ari for Warner ey... that came out of the blue. Great ep, loved it. Specially when Ari sat down with those writer clients. We wanna make the Hobbit! Hilarious. And of course the whole E good things come in small packages. And Ari's chat with Dana Gordon in the car. Packed with fun this week.
Evil Hobbit
AIRWOLF

Postby stereosforgeeks on Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:44 am

with only one more season supposedly left it might be possible Ari would take the job.

Also, why didnt Vince seem happy for Ari? If Ari got the job he could make Vince very happy.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby instant_karma on Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:06 am

stereosforgeeks wrote:with only one more season supposedly left it might be possible Ari would take the job.

Also, why didnt Vince seem happy for Ari? If Ari got the job he could make Vince very happy.

Yeah, I thought Vince's reaction was a bit stange too.

I wonder if Ari would still take the job if his new boss told him that he couldn't have Lloyd as his assistant?
instant_karma
Comes in 4 exciting flavours

Postby Evil Hobbit on Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:11 pm

instant_karma wrote:
stereosforgeeks wrote:with only one more season supposedly left it might be possible Ari would take the job.

Yeah, I thought Vince's reaction was a bit stange too.

I wonder if Ari would still take the job if his new boss told him that he couldn't have Lloyd as his assistant?

I think he reacted that way because he saw a slight reflection of Alan in Ari. The whole, I like you you get in my movie angle, instead of getting a job because he is the right man for the part. He is the 'principal-guy' after all. And I think Ari realised this to when he quoted 'the journey' they where on together. And then there was this Office like awkward moment. And off they took. What a budget on this season btw, it's huge on the production value.
Evil Hobbit
AIRWOLF

Postby bluebottle on Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:47 pm

my interpretation was that ari and vince are a team, going out and fighting for parts for vince... but if ari takes this job, it's... it sort of defeats the purpose. it breaks up the team... vince will have to get a new agent, and they're not struggling together anymore.
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

PreviousNext

Return to Coaxial