EUReKA *POSSIBLe SPOILeRS*

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

EUReKA *POSSIBLe SPOILeRS*

Postby King Psyz on Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:46 pm

Pretty neat so far, kind of a X Files meets Twin Peaks. Anyone else catch this tonight?

Interesting concept too, city of supergeniuses ect.
Last edited by King Psyz on Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby athenabodicea on Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:49 pm

I have it recorded on my dvr...
There was an 8 hour marathon of Firefly I recorded to dvr that I am trying to catch up on now... (Off topic sorry but I love that show)
I Plan on watching Eureka tomorrow....
Sounds like something Balmy might like.......A whole town of supergenius/scientist types....

So , I take it you thought it was good then?
ImageImageImage
athenabodicea
GEEK GODDESS

Postby King Psyz on Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:06 pm

I did, and the series peek at the end confirmed my theroy that it's going into X Files territory. I loved X Files before it became the kind of show where if you missed an episode you were lost for a year. I hope that EUReKA keeps with making them connected, yet stand alone stories.

Like a Twilight Zone meets Twin Peaks. And you know, super science always leads to fun shit. Maybe a cameo from Dr. Venture... yeah one can wish.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby athenabodicea on Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:40 pm

I was a huge fan of the X-Files too....
Now I am excited to see this...
Thanks ;)
ImageImageImage
athenabodicea
GEEK GODDESS

Postby buster00 on Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:43 am

Aw, shit, was this on tonight? I missed it!

I had remarked out loud about how cool this looks after seeing the promos. I forgot it was on. Hope to catch the rerun.
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby stereosforgeeks on Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:51 am

I plan on watching this tommorow.

Is this supposed to be a big story arc thing with small single ep stories? Or just stand alone episodes?
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby King Psyz on Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:48 am

It seems like their hinting at a story arc, but the show seems set up for standalone eps. So I'm hoping they will be standalones with a running storyline as well.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby papalazeru on Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:43 pm

It looks to me like a cross between X-files and Eeiry Indiana(A fine program).

Could be very entertaining, the show was definately watchable but it was a spectacular intro to some of the characters.

I will definately see what comes of this show.

8 out of 10 from me.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby stereosforgeeks on Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:09 am

I thought the show was genuine fun. The only
real problem I had with the pilot was that the impending doom never really felt all that doomy.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby King Psyz on Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:39 am

I think the reason for that is the residents are used to this shit, so maybe we'll sorta see things through the ex-marshall's eyes as far as reacting to outlandish threats while everyone else just thinks it's business as usual.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby Shane on Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:34 am

I recorded it, I watched the first half, but it's starting to loose me.

I really want to like this it sounds and looks cool.

I'll watch the rest today and then I'll know If I like it.
Shane
AIRWOLF

Postby athenabodicea on Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:52 am

I finally got to watch this... I have to say that I was really excited about this show. I love the premise but I think they tried to squeeze way too much in the premier. I think I'll have to watch a few more episodes before making any final decisions about Eureka....

SPOILERS:

So Eureka is a hidden/protected government town full of mathematical & scientific geniuses. The town was created by Einstein and President Truman shortly after WWII. It seems that the government is sending all the smartest of the smart to this town to do top secret research. All the people that live in the town are given the best of everything from schooling to medical care....
A US Marshall and his daughter drive off the road after nearly hitting a dog in the road and end up wandering right into Eureka....

And what was the deal with them seeing themselves driving in the opposite direction on that road????

The US Marshall starts to ask too many questions after helping solve a crime and the people in the town decide to let him in on the big secret rather than kill him...
In this first episode we get a little background on the main characters. I have to say that the characters were pretty well developed for a 2 hour show & they all seem pretty likeable.... I am looking forward to learning more about the bad guys (the psychic chick) and how they got there, what they are trying to do and who they are working for....

Overall I think the show has great potential. The storyline is very intelligent and it had pretty good special effects.... I will definitely watch a few more episodes to see where it is going...
ImageImageImage
athenabodicea
GEEK GODDESS

Postby Leckomaniac on Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:55 am

I missed the premier but I hope that I can catch a rerun. Sounds interesting enough for me to check it out.

Thanks for the review athena.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Shane on Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:06 pm

I finished it, and have not decided if I like it yet or not. I'll watch a few more episodes. Some stuff I loved, but some stuff I was not big on. It's better than alot of other T.V.
Shane
AIRWOLF

Postby athenabodicea on Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:03 pm

Leckomaniac wrote:I missed the premier but I hope that I can catch a rerun. Sounds interesting enough for me to check it out.

Thanks for the review athena.

No problem...
I think I remember seeing that they would be playing a re-run of the pilot but I didnt really pay close attention...

If I hear anything I'll let you know... ;)
ImageImageImage
athenabodicea
GEEK GODDESS

Postby tfactor on Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:07 pm

tonight @ 7pm they replay the pilot, the next episode is Tues @ 9pm

EDIT actually it looks like it replays every day over this weekend at different times of the day, check tvguide.com or scifi.com
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby King Psyz on Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:10 pm

My theroy on seeing themselves? It was the start of the rift in time where they mentioned the laws of time went scewy.

That or there's something else afoot, and all will be revealed soon.

I get the idea maybe we shouldn't totally trust that director guy, and the ex husband if the agent will be an interesting hurdle.

This will probablly go down as the next "misfits of science", in that it will be a fun show that nobody remembers 10 years from now. But I hope not.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby colonel_lugz on Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:59 pm

Saw the first episode tonight.

i actually really enjoyed it, I thought it was gonna be a piece of cheap crap at the start but I really warmed to the characters, the dialogue was pretty funny in places too.

It doesn't take itself too seriously considering it is trying to base itself in scientific fact.

Although it was easily predictable I did like the story, it almost plays out like a soap to compound that it al;most verges into campness.

Its fun and not too deep, should be a nice summer filler til the Autumn season kicks in
You Called Down The Thunder, Well Now You Got It!
colonel_lugz
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby King Psyz on Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:15 pm

woo hoo, new episode on now. and I love how the new director is named stark. not a very subtle nod to tony stark / iron man if you ask me.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby Bob Samonkey on Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:19 pm

The first one was cute. I hope they get they take themselved a bit more serious in the next eps.
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby King Psyz on Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:21 pm

From tonight's episode:
SPOILeRS
OK so it's only a few minutes in but I already speculate that it has something to do with the pilot episode. But I am loving the "phantom's eye view" or whatever you want to call it. Very jarring, good placement. Hopefully they don't overuse it.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby Shane on Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:50 pm

I'm going to have to give it more time, I'm having a harder time getting into it tonight. I'll watch it next week. I want to like it, they just do too much stuff I don't like.
Shane
AIRWOLF

Postby papalazeru on Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:25 am

Just saw this weeks epsidoe.

Its living up to expectations. its just as quircky and just as funny as the first feature length ep.

I love the film lines as well.

"We're gonna need a bigger battery"

hahahaha...had me laughing.

papalazeru

Postby King Psyz on Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:01 am

I still really like this show, although they tweaked the replay times from a few weeks back causing me to miss it last week.

Interesting posibilities opened up each week for sure.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Re: EUReKA *POSSIBLE SPOILeRS*

Postby Fried Gold on Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:57 am

I've just been made aware of this show....three seasons after it started...mainly due to reading something by it's science advisor Kevin Grazier (a JPL scientist, and also advisor on Battlestar Galactica).

I've not seen any episodes yet though...is it worth me getting the DVD (or watching it via other highly illegal means)?
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby King Psyz on Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:33 am

while there has been some story arcs, alot of them are stand alone like I had hoped. So watch some current ones if you can first and if you like what they're doing now you'll like the old ones too.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby papalazeru on Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:05 pm

King Psyz wrote:while there has been some story arcs, alot of them are stand alone like I had hoped. So watch some current ones if you can first and if you like what they're doing now you'll like the old ones too.

Yeah, I've been watching Eureka and I really really enjoy it. Colin Ferguson as the sheriff is fantastically cast.

The series is very much a 'leave your brain at home and just enjoy' show but nevertheless, it makes very entertaining viewing. Plus, the town has enough room to introduce a different wierd and wonderful new PHD doctor in Molecular something-or-other each week, to spice things up.

As a detective series, which is what it is at is most basic, it also works. In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king...and all that jazz.

Chuck follows a similar mould to Eureka, loads of little episode jokes and quirky characters, and you don't have to catch every episode to enjoy it.

I do like Fargo, and the man who owns the coffee shop.

papalazeru

Re: EUReKA *POSSIBLe SPOILeRS*

Postby Leckomaniac on Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:40 pm

I just watched the Eureka Christmas episode. It was fun! Nice to see Taggert back.

Anyway, the fourth season has been really good. I love the new status quo. James Callis needs to be on more shows, damn it! And it introduced me to a very hot character from Warehouse 13, so I will be looking into that. This show has really hit a nice stride (especially the Ex-Files ep! Nathan was hilarious!)

Anybody else watching this show? It really is fun.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Re: EUReKA *POSSIBLe SPOILeRS*

Postby Al Shut on Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:10 pm

I watch it when it's on around here but I didn't count the seasons.
Note to myself: Fix this image shit!
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Return to Coaxial