Lightspeed

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Lightspeed

Postby Shane on Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:39 pm

Is anyone watching this?

I love it. It's got Stan Lee hosting it.

It's the cheesiest thing ever.

It's got Lee Majors

It's got a mutant snake supervillain.

It's got a masked avenger with super powers.

And best of all it's got a Freeze ray.

The hero Lightspeed looks so funny in his superhero suit. I love it.
Shane
AIRWOLF

Postby ONeillSG1 on Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:01 am

Link?
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby buster00 on Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:35 am

Never heard of this before, but I found this at Animation Magazine's site:

Stan Lee, the creative force behind Marvel’s Spider-Man, The Incredible Hulk, X-Men and Fantastic Four comic-book franchises, is introducing a brand-new superhero to television audiences. The live-action feature LightSpeed will premiere on SCI FI Channel on July 26 at 9 p.m. (ET/PT).

The latest in a series of projects spilling forth from Lee’s POW! Ent., LightSpeed stars Smallville’s Jason Connery (son of Sean Connery) as Daniel Leight, a government agent who survives a deadly mishap and realizes he has the power to run at the speed of light. Harnessing this new skill, Leight becomes LightSpeed and takes on the villainous Python, the half-man, half-snake result of an experiment gone awry. Former Baywatch babe Nicole Eggert and The Six Million Dollar Man star Lee Majors turn in supporting performances.

Link to SciFi.com here.

Now is this just a one-off movie, or the pilot for a new series, or what? Either way, thanks for the heads-up, Shane. I'll be on the lookout for this next time it airs.
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby wheredidigo111 on Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:57 am

It was ok. It looked like somting that Roger Corman would make but it's ok I guess.
wheredidigo111
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby ONeillSG1 on Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:35 am

buster00 wrote:Never heard of this before, but I found this at Animation Magazine's site:

Stan Lee, the creative force behind Marvel’s Spider-Man, The Incredible Hulk, X-Men and Fantastic Four comic-book franchises, is introducing a brand-new superhero to television audiences. The live-action feature LightSpeed will premiere on SCI FI Channel on July 26 at 9 p.m. (ET/PT).

The latest in a series of projects spilling forth from Lee’s POW! Ent., LightSpeed stars Smallville’s Jason Connery (son of Sean Connery) as Daniel Leight, a government agent who survives a deadly mishap and realizes he has the power to run at the speed of light. Harnessing this new skill, Leight becomes LightSpeed and takes on the villainous Python, the half-man, half-snake result of an experiment gone awry. Former Baywatch babe Nicole Eggert and The Six Million Dollar Man star Lee Majors turn in supporting performances.

Link to SciFi.com here.

Now is this just a one-off movie, or the pilot for a new series, or what? Either way, thanks for the heads-up, Shane. I'll be on the lookout for this next time it airs.

Jason Connery was in Smallville? When? WTF?

EDIT: He was in THREE EPISODES OF SMALLVILLE? BREAK OUT THE DVD SETS, MARTHA!!! WE'RE GOIN' HUNTIN'!!!
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby wheredidigo111 on Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:58 pm

ONeillSG1 wrote:
buster00 wrote:Never heard of this before, but I found this at Animation Magazine's site:

Link to SciFi.com here.

Jason Connery was in Smallville? When? WTF?

EDIT: He was in THREE EPISODES OF SMALLVILLE? BREAK OUT THE DVD SETS, MARTHA!!! WE'RE GOIN' HUNTIN'!!!

IMDB saids he was in Smallville. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001064/
wheredidigo111
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Shane on Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:05 pm

The show was so funny. I don't know if they aimed for that or it was just that bad, but I laugfed so hard. Do you think they aimed for that? I can't tell.
Shane
AIRWOLF

Postby wheredidigo111 on Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:43 pm

Shane wrote:The show was so funny. I don't know if they aimed for that or it was just that bad, but I laugfed so hard. Do you think they aimed for that? I can't tell.

I have no idea what your saying.
wheredidigo111
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby havocSchultz on Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:05 pm

wheredidigo111 wrote:
Shane wrote:The show was so funny. I don't know if they aimed for that or it was just that bad, but I laugfed so hard. Do you think they aimed for that? I can't tell.

hahahahaha...

The Kettle wrote: Hey, Pot, you're black...

What Shane is trying to say - from what I read - is that it was quite possibly so bad it was funny - he's wondering if it was intentionally cheesy/funny - or if it just sucks and you laugh at it anyways...

Like The Island of Dr. Moreau...except for the laughing part...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby wheredidigo111 on Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:29 pm

havocSchultz wrote:
wheredidigo111 wrote:

hahahahaha...

What Shane is trying to say - from what I read - is that it was quite possibly so bad it was funny - he's wondering if it was intentionally cheesy/funny - or if it just sucks and you laugh at it anyways...

He maybe right. But I like the ones that are made to be so bad that it's good like both Pirates of the Caribbean.
wheredidigo111
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Shane on Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:19 am

havocSchultz wrote:
wheredidigo111 wrote:

hahahahaha...

Yeah what he said.
Shane
AIRWOLF

Postby Shane on Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:19 am

havocSchultz wrote:
wheredidigo111 wrote:

hahahahaha...

Yeah what he said.
Shane
AIRWOLF

Postby papalazeru on Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:10 pm

Are there any updates on this. What channel was it on? Where can I get hold of it?

I wanna see this considering I'm a big Gerry Anderson fan....even Space Precinct was ok (maybe!)
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Return to Coaxial