TERMINATOR: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Postby so sorry on Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:32 pm

Yet another example (in my humble opinion) why any story with some kind of time travel cannot exist in a serial format. Its too complicated and stoopid.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Lady Sheridan on Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:33 pm

If I had a time machine and knew the Age of the Machines was coming, I'd probably go back clear to the beginning and make sure computers were never invented. Or nukes. Either way.

But then that probably ensures Hitler wins the war or something.
Lady Sheridan
RED

Postby CeeBeeUK on Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:46 pm

Lady Sheridan wrote:If I had a time machine and knew the Age of the Machines was coming, I'd probably go back clear to the beginning and make sure computers were never invented. Or nukes. Either way.

But then that probably ensures Hitler wins the war or something.

OH!MY!GOD! You and Will Smith are soooo alike :shock:

What, it's only Hollywood stars' quotes we can take out of context :wink:
CeeBeeUK
WAIRWOLF GAME

Postby MacCready on Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:12 pm

So far, no big deal.
Summer's good, though.
MacCready
MAN IN SUIT

Postby instant_karma on Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:31 am

Just after Sarah learns about 9/11 and is musing about it, there's a line where she says something like "I can't imagine the apocalypse." Didn't T2 pretty much open with her doing just that?

Anyone else think that Charley Dixon's wife might turn out to be a Terminator assigned to keep tabs on Charley just in case John ever came back to see him?
instant_karma
Comes in 4 exciting flavours

Postby Spifftacular SquirrelGirl on Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:09 am

instant_karma wrote:Just after Sarah learns about 9/11 and is musing about it, there's a line where she says something like "I can't imagine the apocalypse." Didn't T2 pretty much open with her doing just that?

Anyone else think that Charley Dixon's wife might turn out to be a Terminator assigned to keep tabs on Charley just in case John ever came back to see him?

You mean ANOTHER sexbot? Sheesh what is with this show? :-P
Spifftacular SquirrelGirl
AIRWOLF

Postby Cha-Ka Khan on Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:28 am

instant_karma wrote:Just after Sarah learns about 9/11 and is musing about it, there's a line where she says something like "I can't imagine the apocalypse." Didn't T2 pretty much open with her doing just that?

I don't think that was the gist of the quote. The show opened with her imagining the apocalypse as well. The quote was more like "I can't imagine what I would have done when the planes crashed into the buildings. I probably would have thought it was the beginning of the apocalypse and lost it."
Cha-Ka Khan
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Postby unikrunk on Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:43 am

Okay, caught up on this show, won't be watching anymore. For a more comprehensive analysis, see below.

This show is a boat-load of it.
He can't' love you back...
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Will Scarlet on Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:50 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote:
King Psyz wrote:Someone at work thinks that the lightning gun thing was actually something akin to a small scalled, localized nuke weapon and destroyed not only the terminator but the bank and time machine (I guess they murdered about a few hundred people there...)

But I don't think that flies, suspension of disbelief or not, we have the FBI actively chasing them and the agent in charge who just heard about a gunman at a highschool with a mechanical leg.

Someone explain to me why the FBI didn't comb over that site with a fine tooth comb for as long as it took.

If the explosion didn't evaporate the terminator, how did they just leave it there un-noticed and how did they not recover any of the weapon or time machine components?

I'm liking the show but this is gonna bug me until they explain what happened that day and how the FBI let a very visable skull on the side of the highway next to the explosion site... unless...

Maybe they'll say the head came with them in the jump and some wild animals or rot picked off the flesh?

That still doesn't explain how a full T-800 body was in a metal yard un-noticed. Sure it's LA and studios recycle props, but I find it hard to belive nobody thought anything of it.

The FBI didn't leave the skull on the side of the road. The BODY, I agree is a problem, and I'll address that first. When the explosion (whatever it was from, the weapon?) took out the bank, the body was still there, and somehow ended up in the junk pile. I was a little unclear if the junkpile in 2007 was at the site of the bank (which seems unlikely given the 8 year jump) or a scrapyard somehow. Either way, the body was ignored/unfound. This doesn't make ANY sense. Like someone said, the FBI was after Sarah and John. They KNEW they were at the site that blew. They would have gone through that place with a fine tooth comb looking for evidence of their deaths...particularly with Agent Whatshisname being so obsessed with finding them. If they found a metal endoskeleton that is clearly very advanced...i have trouble believing it would be thrown away. Maybe if it were some backcountry sherriff you could explain it away, but this is the FBI we're talking about.

So the body ending up in the scrapyard is totally unrealistic to me..and I can't think of a way to explain it away.

The head is a different matter. Did everyone miss that the head blew through the time portal with Sarah, John, and Cameron?? It happens fast, but when they unload on the Terminator with the weapon, the head comes off. In the intro to the second ep it starts with them coming through the portal...and then you see the head flying out as well. That's how it ended up on the side of the road. The FBI didn't miss it at the bank, it was never there.

Well that helped lots. Thanks Moo. I feel really dumb for missing the head bit. That's what happens when your busy with two sticks and a string and no concentrating on the job at hand, aka TV.

W.S.
Will Scarlet
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:25 am

instant_karma wrote:Anyone else think that Charley Dixon's wife might turn out to be a Terminator assigned to keep tabs on Charley just in case John ever came back to see him?

yeah, that might go either way, but then why would Penny from Lost be in it if she wasn't going to have a beefed up role at some point?

what I am convinced of is that Cameron is a model we've never seen before (no revelation), and that her creation myth will involve her having some aspect of Sarah's DNA. They've dropped a couple tantalizing hints in that regard, and, if done right, it's a nifty avenue to explore.

since the paternal relationship's been done already in T2, and this incarnation of the franchise has Sarah's name in the title, might as well make it about the ladies.

and with Summer and Headey as the leads, that's fine with me.
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TheAllSeeingEye on Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:35 am

I've only read the last two pages of this thread so I'm in danger of asking a question someone may have already asked...

How did the terminators head go through the time machine with them when "nothing dead can go?". I didn't get that at all.

Also I'm pretty sure that the machine in the movies could only send you back in time....

It wasn't bad, just acouple of glaringly obvious cockups in continuity and that awful "class dismissed" line...will keep watching and see where it goes.
TheAllSeeingEye
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby Theta on Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:24 am

Well, so far I'm still a bit on the fence but still liking the show.

The "Cameron does the girl thing" bits were painfully awkward, but I liked Sarah dating a potential shooting victim and I also liked that she had moments of being the mom to Cameron.

The "doors" in John's high school could go either way. They honestly didn't spend enough time with the plotline to make it very interesting, but I admit to curiosity. I'm just hoping it's not Scooby Doo.

Could have done without "relentless snotty FBI agent", though, and not just because she was a terrible actress. Honestly, if the prints on a grown adult's corpse turn out to be a four-year-olds, and you don't bother to double-check them, doesn't that make you...incompetent?
This comment is in no way meant to insist your opinion is wrong or be considered an edict, solely this poster's opinion. That said, you are still a fool and will kneel before me in supplication.
Theta
AIRWOLF

Postby lyra belacqua on Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:56 am

Keepcoolbutcare wrote:what I am convinced of is that Cameron is a model we've never seen before (no revelation), and that her creation myth will involve her having some aspect of Sarah's DNA.

since the paternal relationship's been done already in T2, and this incarnation of the franchise has Sarah's name in the title, might as well make it about the ladies.

Oh, awesome! I clearly haven't been picking up on those hints, tantalizing as they may have been, because I had not thought of this. And it makes Cameron much more interesting. I know we're only 3 episodes in, but I love Terminator as a tv series because it can invest in the terminators and do all that "Data feels emotions too" stuff in a way that is somewhat realistic to people who live in a world of computer. I fully believe Andy's belief that his computer had moods and I totally expect in my lifetime to see a computer "person" mass-marketed in some way to willing consumers.

And tonight's little John-rant about being the hero was what I want more of. He keeps being told he's the "future leader of humanity" and it's quite a mind-fuck. It would be to me (although I would be the best "future leader of humanity" that you could find). Especially since none of the terminators say that John reaches this position with anything other than his own mind and talents. It's not like he created some computer-destorying virus. It was just John being John that made him this "great person."
lyra belacqua
GEEK GODDESS

Postby Spifftacular SquirrelGirl on Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:07 am

The show is still "just ok" but I think it does have potential.

Summer Glau is pretty good as Cameron and I did have to laugh a little at her "I'm a bitch-whore" line just because of how matter-of-fact it was. I do have to wonder why she isn't acting more like she did in the first episode with John. She seemed to come off a lot more natural compared to how she's acting at this school

I also think that the Cromartie terminator has been really creepy and that bit at the end of the episode with the bathtub was just gross. Cool.. but gross. It's nice to see he's made his own Baltar Gaius-lite friend. ^^

Also starting to wonder if we're going to have to deal with just seeing that resistance fighter tattoo every week...
AIRWOLF

Postby Fievel on Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:24 am

What the hell was the deal with the doors at the school?!?
I didn't understand one single bit of that storyline - and ultimately was clueless as to why the girl killed herself.

I do love this show though. Whether or not it's the lack of other new shows right now, I don't care. I love the Terminator universe... I love the Terminator music.... good shit all the way around.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Theta on Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:51 am

Fievel wrote:What the hell was the deal with the doors at the school?!?
I didn't understand one single bit of that storyline - and ultimately was clueless as to why the girl killed herself.

Because everybody knew she wasn't a virgin or something along those lines. I wish that plotline had been developed more myself, especially since you just know we're going to see a door with John's name on it and a T-800 coming out. Either that or it'll be Scooby-Doo with a Terminator.
This comment is in no way meant to insist your opinion is wrong or be considered an edict, solely this poster's opinion. That said, you are still a fool and will kneel before me in supplication.
Theta
AIRWOLF

Postby Lady Sheridan on Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:17 am

Quite a nod to "Frankenstein" with the bathtub o' goo magically making a corpse come to life. This episode brought on the gore and no mistake.

John Connor really is coming into his own, I think he's being handled pretty well--a teen trying to be a teen, while also being a hero, while trying to reject that fate. Good stuff.

I wondered why Cameron was having a tough time acting like a teenager too. Maybe something malfunctioned? I did like her showing off her eyeshadow though. Otherwise I didn't understand the high school storyline at all--a pity, I wanted her to make a real friend!
Lady Sheridan
RED

Postby Bob Samonkey on Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:23 am

Lady Sheridan wrote:Quite a nod to "Frankenstein" with the bathtub o' goo magically making a corpse come to life. This episode brought on the gore and no mistake.

John Connor really is coming into his own, I think he's being handled pretty well--a teen trying to be a teen, while also being a hero, while trying to reject that fate. Good stuff.

I wondered why Cameron was having a tough time acting like a teenager too. Maybe something malfunctioned? I did like her showing off her eyeshadow though. Otherwise I didn't understand the high school storyline at all--a pity, I wanted her to make a real friend!

The school thing really made no sense. I really liked the last two episodes but this one seemed to go everywhere and nowhere at once. For some reason the terminator got more robotic even though she was acting like a normal human in the first episode. And Sarah has just become stupid! I could not tell if she was being sarcastic or not when she was talking about how to use a cell phone.... I was a little disappointed by this episode. I thought they were going to go a neat direction with the new model of terminator but they are starting to make the dumb robot out of its element jokes that got tiring in the movies...
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby Lady Sheridan on Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:27 am

Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:
The school thing really made no sense. I really liked the last two episodes but this one seemed to go everywhere and nowhere at once. For some reason the terminator got more robotic even though she was acting like a normal human in the first episode. And Sarah has just become stupid! I could not tell if she was being sarcastic or not when she was talking about how to use a cell phone.... I was a little disappointed by this episode. I thought they were going to go a neat direction with the new model of terminator but they are starting to make the dumb robot out of its element jokes that got tiring in the movies...

I *kind* of thought she was being sarcastic...and at the same time trying to cover up for the fact that she really had no idea how to use a newfangled cell phone. Those are the only thing that have changed majorly in 7 years.

But still, she can use heavy weaponry and pick locks. A cellphone should really be no big deal to Sarah Connor. For shame. :x
Lady Sheridan
RED

Postby RogueScribner on Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:55 am

I totally read Sarah's response as 100% sarcasm considering the heavy sales pitch she just endured. She was basically telling the guy she's not stupid and to quit trying so hard. I didn't think she had serious issues with how to use a cell phone.

The school thing was weird. I think the gist of it being that that girl was having a sexual relationship with a teacher and someone in the AP art class knew about it and decided to paint allusions to it all over the campus. Rather than suffer the humiliation of her secret being exposed (and facing the wrath of her parents) she offed herself. Kind of a stupid storyline, really, especially when you consider that girl's big complaint in the bathroom: "Aren't there hall monitors? No one can see who is doing this?!"

I am surprised they let her kill herself, though. I was expecting John to order Cameron to catch her or something.
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Bob Samonkey on Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:40 pm

And the other girl John kept looking at. What was that about? Mayhaps the story will continue in later eps?
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby TheBaxter on Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:14 pm

ok, i've been avoiding this thread til i got caught up on the episodes. i'm liking the show so far, though i have a few issues with it.

my main issue is with summer glau. like others have said, i'm not liking the "dumb robot" routine, especially after she did such a good job of "fooling" john in the first episode. the robot thing is being overdone. it was ok til the last episode, which gets me into the other thing i'm not liking, which is high school. can we please get them out of high school as soon as possible? i can see a whole bunch of really crappy episodes where one or both of them have to deal with some stupid h.s. problem. i can see the episode where sarah has to teach cameron not to kill girls who make fun of her, or the very special episode of terminator when john goes to a party and gets addicted to E. i want to see them on the run, with terminators and skynet employees and evil FBI guys chasing them, not My So-Called Cyborg.

the rest i'm liking though. she's definitely no linda hamilton, but i do like lena headey. i've just decided to try to forget about the T2 linda hamilton version of sarah connor, which was unbelievably badass, but probably would be hard to sustain over the long-term on a tv show. so just taking her as she is, lena headey is hot enough and tough enough so i'm good with it.

and i like the kid playing john connor a lot. i like him way better than nick stahl, and potentially better than ed furlong. he looks like someone i can imagine becoming the saviour of mankind. that said, i kinda hated the part where he went back to the house of the dude his mom was dating. that was all kinds of stupid, and not something i would believe the so-called smart and tough john connor would ever do.

the production values are good, and i like the various dream sequences, voice overs, and other things that make it seem like more than just an average tv show. i like the continuity with the movies (the dogs barking at cameron was great). time travel is always an iffy premise, but the terminator series is built around the premise of time travel, so you're not going to get around it in the tv show. that said, the less time traveling they have, the better. and at least there are rules to their time traveling, something that the hiro storyline on heroes could benefit from.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby RaulMonkey on Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:49 pm

The more "natural" Cameron in the pilot reminds me of how Spock was able to smile and even chuckle a little bit in "The Cage." I think the show's just discovering who the character is and making more solid choices as it goes along. I'm thinking we'll see the more robotic Cameron for the next little while, at least until she has time to learn how to blend in. The fact that she was, arguably, better at blending in in the pilot is an inconsistency, but it's a kind of inconsistency extremely common for pilot episodes, and IMO shouldn't be taken as a sign of more inconsistency to come.

RogueScribner wrote:The school thing was weird. I think the gist of it being that that girl was having a sexual relationship with a teacher and someone in the AP art class knew about it and decided to paint allusions to it all over the campus. Rather than suffer the humiliation of her secret being exposed (and facing the wrath of her parents) she offed herself. Kind of a stupid storyline, really, especially when you consider that girl's big complaint in the bathroom: "Aren't there hall monitors? No one can see who is doing this?!"

I'm wondering if Cameron was the one putting the weird door paintings on the wall. Didn't Mr. Cromartie put the formula for generating synthetic skin on the wall of the scientist's house really quickly, without the scientist noticing? Is the ability to covertly draw shit on walls a new power for the Terminators?

If it was Cameron doing the doors, that means she must have wanted the girl to kill herself, and stopping John from saving her wasn't just a matter of avoiding exposure. That bitch probably would have become a SkyNET sympathizer responsible for thousands of human deaths. Cameron probably saw the girl's name in the school records when Cameron was registering with John, and then developed a psychological profile that indicated she would be prone to suicide, all the while spending nights (Cameron doesn't sleep) spying on her and realizing how simple it would be to drive her over the edge.
RaulMonkey
ZONE AMBASSADOR

Postby MasterWhedon on Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:16 pm

RaulMonkey wrote:The more "natural" Cameron in the pilot reminds me of how Spock was able to smile and even chuckle a little bit in "The Cage." I think the show's just discovering who the character is and making more solid choices as it goes along. I'm thinking we'll see the more robotic Cameron for the next little while, at least until she has time to learn how to blend in. The fact that she was, arguably, better at blending in in the pilot is an inconsistency, but it's a kind of inconsistency extremely common for pilot episodes, and IMO shouldn't be taken as a sign of more inconsistency to come.

Cameron's inconsistency is the only thing that's bugging me so far (the rest I adore), and I think you could be right about this. They might've just had her acting more human in the pilot to further mask the reveal of her as a terminator. It'll be a kinda obvious, cheap move if it turns out there isn't an explanation, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

Still, Cameron learning how to be more human has been a lot of fun so far; definitely one of the best of all sci fi themes. That moment in Ep. 2 when she's outside the gang dude's house, learning how to lean against the car is pretty damn awesome. Summer Glau is doing damn fine work. (Is it wrong that I still call her River in coversation?)

Also, I assume all of the stuff at school with the suicide was the first part of a larger (if only two-part) story, wherein John gets to look into why she killed herself to further his need to be a hero. Otherwise, yeah, it doesn't work on its own.

Good stuff otherwise. Still way digging this show.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby DennisMM on Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:32 pm

AAARGH! I have stayed out of this thread because I've missed every episode of the program. I almost never turn on my TV or cable box unless I'm watching a DVD and I forget that this (along with several other programs) is on.

The Terminator is called Cameron? No need to reply. I'm sure it's true and they thought it made a good wink moment.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Postby Bob Samonkey on Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:37 pm

DennisMM wrote:The Terminator is called Cameron?

Yes... :wink:
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby Will Scarlet on Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:51 pm

Lady Sheridan wrote:Quite a nod to "Frankenstein" with the bathtub o' goo magically making a corpse come to life. This episode brought on the gore and no mistake.

Tub O' Goo is a nice way to put it. Gore every where and by the way Doc' I'll be needin' your eyes....

Other than the robot getting his man flesh, the episode was a bit of a snore. I won't kill the guy with the giant thinking chess playing computer, just burn his house down so he can build another one....

Suicide girl seems like it should mean something and the other chick has got to be a plant, robot, spy, robot, etc. Pick one.

W.S.
Will Scarlet
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Retardo_Montalban on Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:23 pm

Will Scarlet wrote:
Suicide girl seems like it should mean something and the other chick has got to be a plant, robot, spy, robot, etc. Pick one.

W.S.

You mean the Puerto Rican girl? Because I'm pretty sure they're just stuck up and act that way naturally. I thought the high school sub plot was lame. Unless it turns out that it was a terminator with a sick sense of humor spray painting them doors, that whole chain of events was clumsy at best.
Retardo_Montalban
doubleplusungood

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:34 pm

Will Scarlet wrote:
Suicide girl seems like it should mean something

I don't think so. I think it was just done to flesh out John's character and his development from T2. In T2 he was just this snot-nosed punk...he cared enough about people to tell the Terminator not to kill them...but you didn't see much "savior of the free world" character beyond that. The suicide and John's reaction to it establishes that he's starting to grow into a leader, a guy who wants to help people, etc.

Which i thought was kinda cool. I like what they are doing with John's character quite a bit so far (someone else said that above, can't remember who EDIT- a few people!). Other than that...agreed...this ep wasn't anything spectacular.
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby Spifftacular SquirrelGirl on Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:43 am

Lord Voldemoo wrote:
Will Scarlet wrote:
Suicide girl seems like it should mean something

I don't think so. I think it was just done to flesh out John's character and his development from T2. In T2 he was just this snot-nosed punk...he cared enough about people to tell the Terminator not to kill them...but you didn't see much "savior of the free world" character beyond that. The suicide and John's reaction to it establishes that he's starting to grow into a leader, a guy who wants to help people, etc.

Which i thought was kinda cool. I like what they are doing with John's character quite a bit so far (someone else said that above, can't remember who EDIT- a few people!). Other than that...agreed...this ep wasn't anything spectacular.

I agree with the Moo. Most of this was showing that John is ready to step up to be the man he's supposed to be. I'm sure something will probably happen where this will bite him on the butt later on but we'll see how that plays out.

The painted door stuff seems more Veronica Mars than Terminator and I'm curious to see how this is supposed to play into the storyline.
AIRWOLF

Postby Bob Samonkey on Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:36 am

I suspect it will fall in the never mentioned again category...
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby Spifftacular SquirrelGirl on Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:47 am

Anybody have any idea how many episodes this will run before the writer's strike catches up to it?
AIRWOLF

Postby RogueScribner on Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:11 am

I think 9 of the 13 planned episodes were shot before they ran out of scripts.
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Cha-Ka Khan on Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:19 pm

So um... how 'bout that Terminator website?

Summer Glau fans rejoice.
Cha-Ka Khan
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Postby RogueScribner on Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:50 pm

Creepy.
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Cha-Ka Khan on Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:21 am

And yet strangely... titillating.
Cha-Ka Khan
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Postby Bob Samonkey on Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:27 am

Cha-Ka Khan wrote:And yet strangely... titillating.

Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby King Psyz on Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:10 pm

yikzors!

So I think they're not gonna dump the Janitor closet thing so quickly. I see John looking into and it not being forgotten, because otherwise I'd rather they just had her jump without the obvious lead to.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby Vegeta on Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:36 am

I feel bad, I watched and liked the first two episodes and then forgot about it. From what I am reading there still seems to be problems with the show being uneven. For every good thing there is a bad thing. I felt the same way about the two first episodes and am a little disappointed that it has apparently continued.

So is there hope for this show, or is it already falling apart?
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY

Postby Fievel on Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:12 am

Watched it tonight... still like it.
I'm wondering though.... since they stopped the metal from being delivered to the bunker... and effectively locked it from the inside... wouldn't that prevent Cameron from being created (as she said it's where she was created)?

Garret Dillahunt makes for a potentially cool Terminator, though. The guy standing guard at the bunker was, too.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby King Psyz on Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:33 am

this will be interesting to say the least, considering the wrenches they're tossing into the mix.

again, always issues with time travel. you go through the whole paradox thing and all.

guess we'll see.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby Lady Sheridan on Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:01 am

This episode was pretty cool. I like John stepping up. And that was some tense stuff with the standby Terminator.

I have a weird question--if Skynet in the future knows Kyle Reese is John's father, what prevents them from wiping him out somewhere in the 2000's? He must be running around, right? Or was he born in the post apocalyptic future--in which case, exactly how old was John Connor when he sent Reese back?

I feel really stupid asking as I'm fairly certain this must be answered in the first film.
Lady Sheridan
RED

Postby RogueScribner on Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:18 am

Reese was born after Skynet unloaded its arsenal against the humans originally (judgment day). So records and such probably weren't too available in his time. Now, that was the original time line when judgment day happened in 1997. So I think he was probably born around . . . nowish (if he jumped back from 2027 and was in his early twenties... sounds about right). So actually, with the new timeline, Reese could exist now or very soon and there would be records of it.

But then, what guarantee is there that anything will play out the same if judgment day was pushed back 10 - 15 years? I'm so confused!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby King Psyz on Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:15 am

HOLY SHIT

Did I see tonight coming from a mile away? Like the Who said "I can see for miles and miles and miles".

Did that make it any less impactful? Hell no!

Since I don't see anyone else showing up I guess I'll avoid the plot points for now.

I knew they weren't gonna drop the suicide story so quickly. This could get interesting.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby Lady Sheridan on Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:34 am

I get more and more attached to Cameron as time goes by. She's just the cutest little Terminator ever.

Great reveal tonight. Who wants to place bets he will live and create a love triangle between Sarah and Paramedic Ex, who will then be torn between his wife and his ex-fiancee-terrorist?

I must say--all the men of the Resistance are pretty hot. Go for it, Sarah!
Lady Sheridan
RED

Postby King Psyz on Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:39 pm

Yeah I think it's awesome that we might actually have a human from the future to:

Set up more tension between Cameron and the Connors

Help guide John with a different perspective, instead of someone trying to protect and mold him. You have someone who reveres and looks up to him in the future.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby ONeillSG1 on Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:26 pm

Anyone feel the dude playing John Connor is channeling Christian Bale?

Is that intentional? He does look like a young Bale.

Interesting.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:55 pm

last night's episode was one of their best. i'm still hoping they get the fuck out of high school already, i don't want to watch Terminator 90210 (though i do like the addition of B.A.G. to the cast). and i'm still not sold on summer glau. but the assault on the prison truck kicked ass. that's the kind of action i want to see on a terminator show (and yeah, it totally blows away the lame bionic woman action).
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:09 pm

TheBaxter wrote:(and yeah, it totally blows away the lame bionic woman action).

"Lame", she is a being generous, no?
DinoDeLaurentiis
SHE'S A THE SARAH SILVERMAN

Postby Will Scarlet on Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:13 pm

I have to say I think this show is getting better and better. Last nights episode was great. And, long sleeved girl (for lack of a better name) has shown up again--what is up with her? I liked Cameron in the principals office...maybe we should just get out of the high school already?

All the back and forth with the time line has me a bit lost, but I'm hanging in there. I love watching Cameron kick ass, especially robot ass. Then with surgical calm she uses a pliers to yank out his chip. LOL

W.S.
Will Scarlet
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

PreviousNext

Return to Coaxial