Quint takes a look at that ROSEANNE Season One DVD set!

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Quint takes a look at that ROSEANNE Season One DVD set!

Postby Guest on Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:16 am

Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. I have a little bit to write about Anchor Bay's release of ROSEANNE Season 1 on a 3-disc DVD for you folks today.

I grew up with this show and have many fond memories of it. Although Roseanne Arnold/Barr/(___) was the centerpiece this show always belonged to John Goodman. That's not to say Roseanne herself is bad

Read more...

Source: AICN: Coaxial
Ain't It Cool News is a Harry Knowles production bringing you the latest in movie, TV, comic and other coolness that's got Hollywood's panties in a bunch. Primary contributor to this Coaxial Feed is the genius of Hercules The Strong.

Postby wonkabar on Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:17 am

I'd rather watch an elephant take a dump
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby wonkabar on Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:38 am

I take that back, this show was kinda funny in the beginning. And Goodman always rocks....except for THE FLINTSTONES maybe.
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby Man-in-the-Box on Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:43 am

wonkabar wrote:I'd rather watch an elephant take a dump

You must have missed the Rosey on the Crapper episode.
Last edited by Man-in-the-Box on Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not with Cowbell, he's with me.
Man-in-the-Box
AIRWOLF

Postby Brocktune on Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:38 am

yeah, i used to spank it to roseanne, but then she went and lost all that weight.....
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Man-in-the-Box on Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:41 am

BITCH!!!
Man-in-the-Box
AIRWOLF

Postby Brocktune on Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:44 am

yeah, i know. her cackle echos in my dreams at night.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Man-in-the-Box on Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:58 am

That alone would give a chubby-chaser wet dreams.
Man-in-the-Box
AIRWOLF

Postby wonkabar on Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:01 am

Wet-dreams are made of these..... Goddamn you 80's!
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby Brocktune on Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:07 am

annie lennox - lesbo?
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Man-in-the-Box on Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:09 am

Brocktune wrote:annie lennox - lesbo?
No, just scary.
Man-in-the-Box
AIRWOLF

Postby wonkabar on Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:10 am

no, she just has a penis
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby Man-in-the-Box on Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:11 am

wonkabar wrote:no, she just has a penis
Oh yeah, it wore a beard and sunglasses, I remember him.
Man-in-the-Box
AIRWOLF

Postby Brocktune on Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:20 am

wonkabar wrote:no, she just has a penis

does that make me a lesbo?
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby wonkabar on Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:27 am

It makes you a lesbian trapped in a man's body
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Re: Quint takes a look at that ROSEANNE Season One DVD set!

Postby TheButcher on Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:06 am

Deadline April 28, 2017:
‘Roseanne’ Getting Revival With Roseanne Barr, John Goodman, Sara Gilbert & Co.
Nellie Andreeva wrote:EXCLUSIVE: One of the biggest comedies of the 1990s is making a comeback. I hear an eight-episode limited series revival of the hit ABC blue-collar family comedy Roseanne is in the works with the key cast members reprising their roles, including Roseanne Barr, John Goodman and Sara Gilbert, with Laurie Metcalf and others in the process of joining them.

The new installment is executive produced by the original series’ EPs Tom Werner, Barr and Bruce Helford as well as Gilbert and Whitney Cummings, with Helford and Cummings co-running. The project is currently in the marketplace, with multiple networks bidding, including original Roseanne home ABC, and Netflix, which has been staging reboots of classic sitcoms including Full House and One Day at a Time, along with new installments of cult favorites Arrested Development and Gilmore Girls.

Just like with the upcoming new season of Will & Grace — which considered a streaming play before closing a deal at NBC, where the original series had aired — ABC is considered the sentimental choice to air the new Roseanne episodes.

Roseanne remains a gold standard for its realistic portrayal of a working-class American family. It centered on the Conners, who lived, barely scraping by, in the fictional town of Lanford, IL. The revival comes as networks, and particularly ABC, are making a concerted effort to better reflect the lives of everyday Americans.

I hear the intent is for all principal Roseanne actors to appear in some capacity in the reboot, including The Big Bang Theory star Johnny Galecki.

Like NBC’s Will & Grace‘s comeback, which was triggered by a short, election-themed reunion video the stars of the series made last fall, Goodman and Gilbert also recently staged a mini-Roseanne revival in a video filmed during Goodman’s visit to CBS’ The Talk, which Gilbert created, co-hosts and executive produces. (You can watch it below.)

During Goodman’s interview, he was enthusiastic about doing a Roseanne reboot. “Oh, hell yes … if we could get everyone together,” he told co-host Julie Chen. “The Big R [Barr] and I did a pilot about five years ago that didn’t go anywhere … but we were very happy to work together.”

Gilbert was more cautious when asked if she would do a reboot. “I would,” she said. “Your only fear is you don’t want to do a bad version, because you don’t want to damage what’s been done.”

Roseanne, produced by indie Carsey-Werner, was a big ratings hit and ran for nine seasons on ABC. May 20 will mark the 20th anniversary of the Roseanne series finale, which drew 16 million viewers. The family sitcom earned Emmy nominations for Barr, Goodman, Metcalf and Gilbert, with Barr winning one statuette and Metcalf three.

On her website in 2009, Barr gave her detailed take on where each of the main characters from the show would be in a possible Roseanne revival: Roseanne and Jackie opening the first medical marijuana dispensary in Lanford; Dan reappearing alive after faking his death; DJ being published; Mark dying in Iraq; David leaving Darlene for a woman half his age; Darlene coming out, meeting a woman and having a baby with her; Becky working at Walmart; Arnie befriending the governor of Illinois and remarrying Nancy; Bev selling a painting for $10,000; Jerry and the grandsons forming a boy band; and Bonnie being arrested for selling crack.

In addition to Will & Grace, Arrested Development and Gilmore Girls, other TV series from the last two decades that have gotten a revival with some or all of the original casts include The X-Files, Prison Break and 24 (with Live Anther Day) on Fox, and Heroes on NBC.

Variety APRIL 28, 2017:
‘Roseanne’ Revival in the Works With Roseanne Barr, John Goodman, Sara Gilbert
Joe Otterson wrote:A revival of the popular sitcom “Roseanne” is in the works with original cast members Roseanne Barr, John Goodman, and Sara Gilbert already on board, Variety has confirmed.

The project is currently being shopped to both broadcast networks and streaming services. Tom Werner and Bruce Helford will return as executive producers, with Barr and Gilbert also executive producing. The original series ran for nine seasons on ABC and was widely praised for its portrayal of working class Americans. The series followed the Conner family as they tried to scrape out a living in the fictional town of Lanford, Illinois. The series also starred Laurie Metcalf–who won multiple Emmys for her portrayal of Roseanne’s sister, Jackie–as well as “Big Bang Theory” star Johnny Galecki and Estelle Parsons.

Barr was also nominated for four Emmys during the shows run, winning one, in addition to five Golden Globe nominations, again winning one. Goodman received seven Emmy nominations for the series, along with four Golden Globe nominations, of which he won one. Gilbert received two Emmy nominations for the series, losing out both times in the Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series category to Metcalf.

Of course, Gilbert and Goodman staged their own mini-reunion of the series back in March. Goodman appeared on the CBS daytime show “The Talk,” on which Gilbert is a co-host. During the episode, the pair revived their beloved characters, Dan and Darlene Conner, for the first time since the original series ended in a sketch that took place in the Conners’ iconic living room.

Revivals of old shows are all the rage of late. Among many others, Fox debuted “24: Legacy” in January, while a new season of “Prison Break” began airing on the network in April. Last year, Netflix debuted a four-episode continuation of “The Gilmore Girls,” with more episodes potentially on the way. In addition, NBC is producing a new 12-episode run of “Will & Grace,” which will air during the 2017-2018 season, while Showtime is preparing to launch new episodes of David Lynch’s cult classic series “Twin Peaks.”

Deadline first reported this news.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

2nd Becky!

Postby TheButcher on Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:19 am

Sarah Chalke on Beth in Season 3 from Comic-Con 2016
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Return to Coaxial