SPOILER - Herc Craves Escape From Fox's PRISON BREAK!!

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

SPOILER - Herc Craves Escape From Fox's PRISON BREAK!!

Postby Guest on Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:45 am

A structural engineer gets himself sent to the prison he secretly designed in order to help free his brother, incarcerated there for murdering the brother of the U.S. vice president. Is it the next '24'? Or 'Oz' without quite so much anal rape? I can tell you that, though 'Prison Break' will fill '24's' timeslot unti

Read more...

Source: AICN: Coaxial
Ain't It Cool News is a Harry Knowles production bringing you the latest in movie, TV, comic and other coolness that's got Hollywood's panties in a bunch. Primary contributor to this Coaxial Feed is the genius of Hercules The Strong.

Postby wonkabar on Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:00 am

Herc wrote: Even to my puny brain, the show doesn’t make a great deal of sense

And who's fault is that?
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby burlivesleftnut on Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:07 am

So I saw this last night and I must say its preposterous but a blast to watch. The idea is so dumb, and its hard to watch it without that thought lingering in front of your set like the ghost of dramatic tv past, but the quality of the production and the dialog really elevate the show.

And kudos to every actor involved. I don't think I have seen a show in a long time that had me so excited about everyone's performance. Sure Lost has a whole gaggle of talented people, but with the exception of one character, all we see them do is mope or run. Prison Break oozes with fun performances from Peter Stormare's oil mob kingpin, to Robin Tunney's crusading lawyer bit. Special attention should be given to whoever plays Scofield's roomie. His energy is fun to watch. Stacy Keach brings some Punky Power in his underwritten role as the Warden, but since every is so afraid of him, I was expecting him to be introduced on a throne made from skulls dipped in gold or something, but he is more of a teddy bear kind of dude.

The two leads, Purcell and Miller both deliver fine performances. Purcell doesn't have much to do yet because he's kind of off in his own world, but Miller is fun as the man with a plan. He started off the two hour pilot SOOOO sure of himself, but as things proceed, his plan begins to unravel and his frustration is easily one of the best parts of the show. The two hour pilot ended with him in an incredibly difficult position. EEEEK.

Anyway, I enjoyed the show quite a bit. Hope it holds up.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby thomasgaffney on Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:20 am

I saw about 10-15 minutes of the scene in Stacy Keach's office where he's talking about building the Taj Mahal for his wife cause she's so understanding. I do like that Stacy Keach though and left Prison Break on just to watch him work. If you think all the actors in it are good despite the dumb premise, I might have to check it out next week.
find me: twitter and goodreads
find my book: amazon
thomasgaffney
a might unpredictable

Postby John-Locke on Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:32 am

I watched the first Hour of this about 6 weeks ago, I caught the second hour the other day and I will continue to watch this show. It's dumb but it's fun. It feels like a movie throughout, not a great movie but an entertaining one none the less. My only problem is the shot of the outside from helicopter they always use, they do the same thing on House and you know they shot them all on the same day. Other than that I have no real complaints, I wouldn't want to watch a show that took it's self too seriously with this subject matter.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Return to Coaxial