Dexter

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Re: Dexter

Postby Pacino86845 on Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:24 pm

So for me Rita's hotness always outweighed her position as an obstacle for Dexter... and in this episode she looked particularly hot (not the bathtub scene, you sick fucks!).

And I will continue my theory that the show's writers are misogynists without even realizing it: this season the two hottest chicks on the show got killed off!!! WTF?!

The episode was great despite that the twist was spoiled for me, Trinity's send off was probably the best of all of Dexter's killings.

I seriously hope Quinn disappears, but since I'm not sure I'd even watch next season maybe it doesn't even matter.

But how the fuck is Dexter going to raise three kids, hold a day job, and satisfy his Dark Passenger all at once?

This season was definitely clunky as hell, with some awesome moments sprinkled here and there.
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby Pacino86845 on Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:40 pm

Also, regarding the twist:

It wasn't even a twist, technically speaking: a twist starts off with an assumption made on the viewer's part, something they take for granted which is then "twisted" around to dispel the original assumption(s). The ending here was just a "shocker," nothing more.
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:43 pm

i think the way this finale sets up dexter's season is pretty much what i've been asking for. instead of continually making him more human, more normal, more trying-to-fit-in, now he's gonna be going in the opposite direction, getting darker, meaner, uglier. that's the dexter i want to see. we get flashes of it, like when he freaked out and nearly killed trinity in front of his family. and looking back over the whole season, those little bits of dexter losing control have been there all over the place. busting the neighbor's light. his punching out his neighbor. going off on the police in the finale. plus his getting sloppy with the code, killing an innocent person. he's slowly been losing control over the course of the season, and now with rita's death he could totally go off the rails.

the one worry i have is rita's kids. i don't really want to see him trying to juggle taking care of them and being a killer. that would be too much like this season. he'll have to hold on to baby h@rry, but maybe he can give away the other two kids to rita's mom. i don't want to see her back either. and deb will be his babysitter so he can go kill people

i didn't really have strong feelings one way or another about rita as a character, but i didn't like the direction she was taking dexter's character in, and with her gone, it opens it up for the darker dexter i want to watch. they did a good job of actually making rita's death matter though. the red herring, setting up the possibility that dexter would give up killing for her and the kids (even if he doesn't actually say it, you know that's what he's thinking about by the end), it really ups the impact of her death on him, so it's even better than i'd hoped it would be. a little disappointed we never get to see rita's reaction to finding out dexter's true nature, though we get a bit of a glimpse, i guess, when dexter is watching trinity's family being taken away, and imagining it's his own family
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:45 pm

Pacino86845 wrote:Also, regarding the twist:

It wasn't even a twist, technically speaking: a twist starts off with an assumption made on the viewer's part, something they take for granted which is then "twisted" around to dispel the original assumption(s). The ending here was just a "shocker," nothing more.

agreed, this wasn't really a "twist" per se, like the newspaper chick turning out to be trinity's daughter, THAT was a twist. the ending wasn't a twist, unless you buy in to the idea that rita was safely away on vacation only to find out she came back and got killed in a bathtub
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Pacino86845 on Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:21 pm

Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby RaulMonkey on Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:40 pm

stereosforgeeks wrote:
TheBaxter wrote:awesome finale! i can't say this was the best season overall (season 2 was), there were a couple real clunker episodes, and the laguerta-angel story was a real distraction. but it was definitely the best finale they've ever had.

there's no way to talk about the episode without going into massive spoilers, so i'll wait a few days before saying too much. all i will say right now is, the ending was... perfect.

Unfortunately yet again the writers prove they have no clue and dont know how to actually plan a season.

If it was planned from the beginning with the circular nature of Harrison (despite the logical inconsistency of the timeline) I would have thought it was excellent. However, because they had a last minute "ooo this would be cool moment" and not a serious plan for the season it leaves me feeling a bit let down.

But hey we did get rid of Rita!!!

Yeah, they're somewhat less clever for not having realized the ending earlier, but kudos to them for working it out, because it was perfect. It was simultaneously surprising and inevitable, and that's the mark of great writing. In retrospect, it seems Harrison was doomed to suffer a baptismal in Rita's blood from the moment he was conceived. Now Dexter will have no choice but to train Harrison in the Code, and in the process he will gain a loved one whom he can reveal his true self to--something he hasn't had since H arry died. The writers may have come up with this turn of events late in the game, but it feels like something they could have been planning since the first season.

IMO they should set the start of next season two or three years later so Harrison is older and can at least start exhibiting some disturbing behavior... This would have the added advantage of getting the weepiness and shock over Rita's death out of the way, and not having to watch every character react to it and offer Dexter their consolations in their variously douchey ways (Vince saying something dirty etc.) I would like to see Dexter having had the time to digest the tragedy, and already been transformed into his even darker self as Bax suggests.
RaulMonkey
ZONE AMBASSADOR

Postby papalazeru on Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:15 pm

So guys, how many times have you recieved a text message, only to push a button after reading and it comes up IGNORE.

I was sorta hoping for a more evil ending, like Rita trapped in box with no air and Arthur dying without telling him. Also, how did he find out where Rita lived? There may have been something at Debs house, I'm not too sure.

I don't get why he killed Rita? He says, 'someone stole something from me and I'm going to find them'. He finds Debs house, then he at some point finds Rita's house with no vehicle to get round in (I'll live with that he gets a taxi), then he kills Rita and leaves that baby and runs. Dex finds him, kills him, gets home and finds the baby in the blood.

Hmmmm. It's just sitting a litte uneasy. I did enjoy it though.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:03 pm

papalazeru wrote:So guys, how many times have you recieved a text message, only to push a button after reading and it comes up IGNORE.

about as often as i use Netscope to do my web searches.

papalazeru wrote:I was sorta hoping for a more evil ending, like Rita trapped in box with no air and Arthur dying without telling him. Also, how did he find out where Rita lived? There may have been something at Debs house, I'm not too sure.

I don't get why he killed Rita? He says, 'someone stole something from me and I'm going to find them'. He finds Debs house, then he at some point finds Rita's house with no vehicle to get round in (I'll live with that he gets a taxi), then he kills Rita and leaves that baby and runs. Dex finds him, kills him, gets home and finds the baby in the blood.

Hmmmm. It's just sitting a litte uneasy. I did enjoy it though.

obviously, after he woke up in the van, and didn't have the keys, he probably just stole another car. he had to have a mode of transportation to get to his house, deb's apt, and dexter's house all in one day, and since he knew he was skipping town at that point, he had nothing left to lose stealing a car. he told dexter to leave him alone, or else he'd come after him. after he woke up, he realized dexter was still trying to get him, so that was his motive for killing rita. dexter had ruined his life, made him go on the run, so he wanted revenge. he probably showed up at dexter to try to kill him, but when he found rita instead, figured out that would be even better revenge than killing dexter himself.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby papalazeru on Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:20 am

TheBaxter wrote:obviously, after he woke up in the van, and didn't have the keys, he probably just stole another car. he had to have a mode of transportation to get to his house, deb's apt, and dexter's house all in one day, and since he knew he was skipping town at that point, he had nothing left to lose stealing a car. he told dexter to leave him alone, or else he'd come after him. after he woke up, he realized dexter was still trying to get him, so that was his motive for killing rita. dexter had ruined his life, made him go on the run, so he wanted revenge. he probably showed up at dexter to try to kill him, but when he found rita instead, figured out that would be even better revenge than killing dexter himself.

But he had Debs' addreess so why didn't he wait around for Deb? Surely that would have been easier? He knew she was a slob so probably lived alone. Also, how does Arthur know how to hotwire a car?

papalazeru

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:49 am

he was on the run, looking to get out of town. he didn't have time to wait when he had no idea when she'd be home. and if he was looking for dexter, he'd find his address and go there rather than waiting for deb. when he went to dexter, dexter wasn't there either, but rita was, so he said "ok that's good enough" and killed her instead.

and he didn't have to hotwire a car. he could've bonked some guy over the head and took his keys.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby papalazeru on Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:07 am

TheBaxter wrote:he was on the run, looking to get out of town. he didn't have time to wait when he had no idea when she'd be home. and if he was looking for dexter, he'd find his address and go there rather than waiting for deb. when he went to dexter, dexter wasn't there either, but rita was, so he said "ok that's good enough" and killed her instead.

and he didn't have to hotwire a car. he could've bonked some guy over the head and took his keys.

After the steak of coincidence in this show, I find that hard to believe that they didn't show any of that.

papalazeru

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:37 am

papalazeru wrote:
TheBaxter wrote:he was on the run, looking to get out of town. he didn't have time to wait when he had no idea when she'd be home. and if he was looking for dexter, he'd find his address and go there rather than waiting for deb. when he went to dexter, dexter wasn't there either, but rita was, so he said "ok that's good enough" and killed her instead.

After the steak of coincidence in this show, I find that hard to believe that they didn't show any of that.

they didn't show any of it to maintain the shock of the final scene.

and the STEAK of coincidence is DELICIOUS!
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby papalazeru on Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:04 pm

TheBaxter wrote:they didn't show any of it to maintain the shock of the final scene.

and the STEAK of coincidence is DELICIOUS!

Twas tasty. But the earlier appetise with 'Hi Daddy' left a bit of a nasty taste in my mouth, soon washed off by the wonderful follow up shows but I still remember it. It didn't ruin the meal but it's the one part that I'll remember most from it.

papalazeru

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:29 pm

in the end, it worked out alright. and it wasn't a coincidence, since we eventually found out she purposely killed lundy and shacked up with quinn specifically to protect her father.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Shanny Boy on Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:49 pm

Great ending! I don't think they can find another main villain as good as Lithgow though.
Shanny Boy
GLIB

Postby papalazeru on Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:10 am

If you are missing your Dexter hit there's these shorts created by Showtime for fans

Animated Dexter (called Early cuts)

It's narrated by Michael C Hall himself. Also, look at the timeline while it's playing, how cool is that?!?!?

The web series revolves around Dexter hunting down the 3 victims that he mentions in season one, episode 6, "Return to Sender". Each victim has their own story and each one is split into 4 chapters with each one becoming available to watch on the Showtime website every subsequent Sunday (the same day as the show).

My god why is this not on the main site?

papalazeru

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:26 pm

oh shit! dexter has cancer!

i hope what they say is true and that it's in remission and is a highly treatable form.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby judderman on Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:47 am

Well fuck. I really hope he gets well soon. All the best to him. Cancer is just about the worst illness one can go through, though that press release made lymphoma sound like a case of the sniffles.
judderman
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Postby papalazeru on Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:52 pm

TheBaxter wrote:oh shit! dexter has cancer!

i hope what they say is true and that it's in remission and is a highly treatable form.

Get well soon Fella. Your performances are stunning.

papalazeru

Postby John-Locke on Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:11 pm

It's certain types of Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma which are usually very hard to treat, I have a friend who had a hodgkin's lymphoma in his groin last year and he's in remission now.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Maui on Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:35 pm

Finally got around to watching all 12 episodes of Dexter. I think John Lithgow's performance saved season 4. Laguerta and Batista's romance....UGH! I fast forwarded through all of that crap - one big snoozefest. With Rita gone, this really opens up so much storyline for season 5. Quinn is a royal pain in the ass. He is now reminding me of the cop from the earlier seasons, who followed Dexter around. Let's hope Dexter kills him too.

It was OK.
Maui
WoWie

Postby Bayouwolf on Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:54 pm

Maui wrote:Finally got around to watching all 12 episodes of Dexter. I think John Lithgow's performance saved season 4. Laguerta and Batista's romance....UGH! I fast forwarded through all of that crap - one big snoozefest. With Rita gone, this really opens up so much storyline for season 5. Quinn is a royal pain in the ass. He is now reminding me of the cop from the earlier seasons, who followed Dexter around. Let's hope Dexter kills him too.

It was OK.

I liked it enough, but unlike you, I'm starting to think with Rita being gone this will become a much more "sentimental" driven season. I mean, he finally gets over "in his head Harry", now will he get "In his head Rita"? I don't think I could bear to watch that...

Honestly...I liked her being a part of the show as it gave a much more human side to the monster within.

What is the tension involved going to be like? Kills being thwarted by Dexters inability to find a babysitter? I mean, the guy has no friends. Wouldn't that make it a bit suspicious for him to be going out all the time? I'm sure he could hire a babysitter, but c'mon...He'd leave himself wide open for investigation, which is what "in his head Harry" kept telling him not to do.

I dunno...As much as I love this show, I don't think this season will be all that memorable. More like filler for the eventual box-set.
Bayouwolf
Country Bouy

Postby RaulMonkey on Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:02 pm

Naturally we're going to see Dexter raise li'l Harry to become an avenging angel of darkness just like big Harry raised Dexter. I haven't read the books, but my Mom told me that Dexter raises Rita's two children to be serial killers in them. Which incidentally made me somewhat less impressed with the TV writers for coming up with last season's ending, but I still give them props for going in this direction.
RaulMonkey
ZONE AMBASSADOR

Postby Chris a.k.a StuntMike on Wed May 05, 2010 12:53 pm

So I finally got around to watching this show(pretty late I know) due to everybody constantly saying I must see it.

Wow, not what I was expecting, just a plain old excellent show.

Watched the whole first season in a day and a half.

Season 2, 3, and 4 next up.
Chris a.k.a StuntMike
Not without incident

Postby TheBaxter on Wed May 05, 2010 1:07 pm

Chris a.k.a StuntMike wrote:So I finally got around to watching this show(pretty late I know) due to everybody constantly saying I must see it.

Wow, not what I was expecting, just a plain old excellent show.

Watched the whole first season in a day and a half.

Season 2, 3, and 4 next up.

congratulations and welcome. season 2 is the best. S3 is pretty spotty, but S4 gets better.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Maui on Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:28 pm

Maui
WoWie

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:40 am

she's no john lithgow.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Maui on Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:09 am

Jonny Lee Miller joins season 5 of Dexter and no, he's not portraying a computer hacker.

This may or may not be as exciting as Julia Stiles joining the cast, still it's Dexter news!
Maui
WoWie

Postby papalazeru on Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:25 pm

Anyone else watching the new series of Dexter?

It's taken a while to get up and running but it's already turning great by the 3rd ep.

papalazeru

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:13 am

i'm watching, but it hasn't really captured my attention yet this season. so far it's reminding me a bit of season 3, which was a disappointment. kinda meandering, not really knowing where it's going or what the main plot of this season is gonna be. plus, we've got a repeat of the dexter-being-investigated-by-fellow-cop storyline we had back in season 2 with doakes. at least they got rid of rita's two brats though.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby papalazeru on Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:43 am

TheBaxter wrote:i'm watching, but it hasn't really captured my attention yet this season. so far it's reminding me a bit of season 3, which was a disappointment. kinda meandering, not really knowing where it's going or what the main plot of this season is gonna be. plus, we've got a repeat of the dexter-being-investigated-by-fellow-cop storyline we had back in season 2 with doakes. at least they got rid of rita's two brats though.

I really enjoyed the ending of the last ep. I'm very interested to see how it's going to go.
I liked the zoom out to see the barrell as Dexter is holding the girl. I actually wonder if she speaks English.

papalazeru

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:55 am

papalazeru wrote:
TheBaxter wrote:i'm watching, but it hasn't really captured my attention yet this season. so far it's reminding me a bit of season 3, which was a disappointment. kinda meandering, not really knowing where it's going or what the main plot of this season is gonna be. plus, we've got a repeat of the dexter-being-investigated-by-fellow-cop storyline we had back in season 2 with doakes. at least they got rid of rita's two brats though.

I really enjoyed the ending of the last ep. I'm very interested to see how it's going to go.
I liked the zoom out to see the barrell as Dexter is holding the girl. I actually wonder if she speaks English.

the girl was julia stiles, was she not? i'm assuming she speaks english, but is quite traumatised.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Pacino86845 on Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:09 pm

I could barely sit through the first episode, haven't managed to get to the others. It was painfully bad, rife with awkward, poorly-written character moments and pointless dwelling on the aftermath of Rita's death. <-- just in case
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby RaulMonkey on Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:41 pm

Pacino86845 wrote:I could barely sit through the first episode, haven't managed to get to the others. It was painfully bad, rife with awkward, poorly-written character moments and pointless dwelling on the aftermath of Rita's death. <-- just in case

Like I said in a post above, they should have started this season a couple years after the end of the last. The fact is the dwelling we saw was pointless, but it was also obligatory. They couldn't have everybody just shrug their shoulders and go on with their lives... but at the same time they didn't fully invest in the tragedy. They totally one-cheeked it. If there'd been some time that we didn't see, we could have filled in the horror and sadness everyone went through with our imaginations, and it would have been more haunting than anything the writers could've thought up.

It scares me that Chip Johanssen is writing for and producing this show now. He was in charge of "Millennium" during the weak-ass final season. KCBC knows what I'm talking about. Garbage. Manny Coto's aboard now too and, sure, he straightened out the mess on "Enterprise" somewhat but, as we learned from his tenure on "24," he's far from a miracle worker.
RaulMonkey
ZONE AMBASSADOR

Postby papalazeru on Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:41 pm

Pacino86845 wrote:I could barely sit through the first episode, haven't managed to get to the others. It was painfully bad, rife with awkward, poorly-written character moments and pointless dwelling on the aftermath of Rita's death. <-- just in case

I thought similar in series two when it slowed to a snails crawl but it proved me wrong. I'm willing to give it a good few eps to see where it goes. Michael C Halls performance has always been top notch so I'd like to see what is going to happen next with the character.

papalazeru

Postby papalazeru on Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:04 pm

This weeks ending had a nice twist to it.

It seems Dex my have stumbled onto an ants nest of serial killers :D :D :D

papalazeru

Postby Chris a.k.a StuntMike on Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:25 pm

I'm agreed on the brats going away as a good thing as well as Quinn suspecting Dexter. The Doakes storyline did it better than it can ever be done again.
Chris a.k.a StuntMike
Not without incident

Postby Jakester on Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:13 pm

The first few episodes felt "off" to me as well. This week's, however, was much better. I'm getting a little tired of Quinn pursuing Dexter, like Doakes did. I suppose it's inevitable that someone else would suspect Dex of hiding something, but ... meh. Seen it.
Jakester
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:58 am

let's face it, "dexter trying not to get caught" has been and probably will be a theme of nearly every season of this show since the 2nd. the problem with quinn is that it's too similar to doakes. if they're going to have someone investigating dexter and following him around, it needs to not be another fellow cop again. if rita was still alive, they could've had her become suspicious of dexter being out late all the time, and she hires a private investigator to follow him, for example. or raise the stakes, and make deb become the one who gets suspicious and she starts following him and discovers his secret. the show's gotta go there eventually. why drag it out?
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby papalazeru on Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:09 am

TheBaxter wrote:let's face it, "dexter trying not to get caught" has been and probably will be a theme of nearly every season of this show since the 2nd. the problem with quinn is that it's too similar to doakes. if they're going to have someone investigating dexter and following him around, it needs to not be another fellow cop again. if rita was still alive, they could've had her become suspicious of dexter being out late all the time, and she hires a private investigator to follow him, for example. or raise the stakes, and make deb become the one who gets suspicious and she starts following him and discovers his secret. the show's gotta go there eventually. why drag it out?

No, I want the mission impossible 3 ending, where they find out what Dex is but keep it quiet.

Deb: "Dex, we couldn't keep that guy longer in jail" *wink wink*
Laguerta: "Yes Dex, we had to let him go, even though we know that 'chinga tu madre' is guilty." *Wink Wink*
Batista: "Oh look, there's ANOTHER case far more important that we have to work on...a CAT stuck up a tree. We're not even bothered by this case that's just accidentally on purpose fallen into the bin" *WINK WINK NUDGE*
DEX: ALRIGHT! GEEZ!!!!

[Dex picks up scalpel and walks out, much to the delight of everyone as they wave him off and drink tea]

...and the whole thing is shits and giggles. May Dex could take on a work experience guy, an intern or something :D

papalazeru

Postby travis-dane on Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:33 pm

Jakester wrote:The first few episodes felt "off" to me as well. This week's, however, was much better. I'm getting a little tired of Quinn pursuing Dexter, like Doakes did. I suppose it's inevitable that someone else would suspect Dex of hiding something, but ... meh. Seen it.

Quinn has a Dark secret too. This not going to be Doakes all over again. Have a little imagination guys...
-
Lesbian Nazi Hookers Abducted by UFOs and Forced Into Weight Loss Programs!
travis-dane
100% OLEG!

Postby Chris a.k.a StuntMike on Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:21 pm

travis-dane wrote:
Jakester wrote:The first few episodes felt "off" to me as well. This week's, however, was much better. I'm getting a little tired of Quinn pursuing Dexter, like Doakes did. I suppose it's inevitable that someone else would suspect Dex of hiding something, but ... meh. Seen it.

Quinn has a Dark secret too. This not going to be Doakes all over again. Have a little imagination guys...

I don't see it Trav, I do however see Julia going along for a slice and dice marathon.
Chris a.k.a StuntMike
Not without incident

Postby travis-dane on Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:39 pm

Chris a.k.a StuntMike wrote:
travis-dane wrote:

I don't see it Trav, I do however see Julia going along for a slice and dice marathon.

And we both did not see Quinn bringing RoboCop to the party...Peter Weller has a fantastic voice.
-
Lesbian Nazi Hookers Abducted by UFOs and Forced Into Weight Loss Programs!
travis-dane
100% OLEG!

Postby Chris a.k.a StuntMike on Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:21 pm

travis-dane wrote:
Chris a.k.a StuntMike wrote:
travis-dane wrote:

And we both did not see Quinn bringing RoboCop to the party...Peter Weller has a fantastic voice.

Nope sure didn't. Looks like your onto something with Quinn there. It seems like he's just a dirty cop but..................................................

maybe Quinn and Robocop sliced up Julia. :roll:
Chris a.k.a StuntMike
Not without incident

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:27 pm

yes, peter weller is a welcome addition. this show really needed someone to bring the Punky Power back, like lithgow did last year. weller was awesome on one of the best fringe episodes from last season. i noticed him sitting on the bed during laguerta's sting, and when they took him away without him even saying a word, i was like, i know they didn't just bring peter weller in for a non-speaking cameo. wasn't sure how he was ultimately going to be used, but i'm sure we're in for some fireworks between him and dexter at some point.

on the other hand, i'm already bored with the batista/laguerta story, just like i was last year. please kill off laguerta this season. please?

i wish they had followed the first book more closely and killed off laguerta back then and then we wouldn't have this stupid, uninteresting side plots to bother with.

oh, and while you're at it, please kill of imaginary-h@rry too. the stupidest thing this show ever did was start that stupid practice of having him "talk" to dexter, and by now i've gotten to the point where i just kinda zone out whenever he pops up.

matsuka's tattoo (and man-thong) were pretty damn funny.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby papalazeru on Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:51 pm

I don't care what anyone says, this is still a top quality show and thoroughly enjoyable.

This weeks was thrilling. It's nice to see Johnny Lee Miller in something again.

There a couple of obvious moments, like Dex asking Lumen to wait in the car but the show still entertains.

papalazeru

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:14 pm

it's been better the past couple weeks. probably NOT a coincidence that imaginary h@rry hasn't put in an appearance lately.
i still feel like the show is running out of steam though. they need to do something to REALLY shake things up. rita's death wasn't enough of a shake-up. they need to have dexter get caught, or at least get found out by someone who DOESN'T die at the end of the season.... now that debra is a killer too, maybe there could be an interesting dynamic to her finding out about dexter's killings.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby theangiechrist on Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:28 pm

I was kind of hoping, begging even, for a major cliff hanger on the season finale. No-go, my dearies.

It was too much of an eerily-happy ending for me. And since we know there is going to be another season, I'm hoping next season is the last and goes out with a bastard of a BANG.

For one, I can't believe that Deb let Lumen and Dexter go when they had Jordan's still-warm body on a slab. I'm not buying her sympathy for vigilantes, especially after she's worked so hard to be a bona-fide copper. Yeah, she got raped early on. But still, not buying it. Being a detective is her whole life. I don't think she would have had the stones to keep watching those rape videos over and over if she hadn't buried her fears of her past nightmare.

I'm wondering if she would still have let them go if she actually knew who was behind the curtain? Hmmm...

Second, Dexter could easily have taken care of Quinn for good. I think somewhere, deep down, he's going to still look into Dexter's secrets and make trouble there. Bad move if you already know he's seen your "fishing excursions." Tsk, tsk.

Dexter looks to me like he's getting sloppier and sloppier. Maybe they are purposely doing it to bring him down next season? Now that the kids are coming back to live with him he's only going to get sloppier from stressing out.

I love the show to deah, but I am honestly thinking it has run it's course. There's not much more to do without either him runnning off and starting someplace else, or totally going off the rails, killing his sister, and getting put away (or even killed by his sister for a better twist).

But then, if Deb kills him in the series finale, wouldn't she just go all crazy and maybe kill a bit too? Spinoff, perhaps? LOL
theangiechrist
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby stereosforgeeks on Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:50 am

theangiechrist wrote:I was kind of hoping, begging even, for a major cliff hanger on the season finale. No-go, my dearies.

It was too much of an eerily-happy ending for me. And since we know there is going to be another season, I'm hoping next season is the last and goes out with a bastard of a BANG.

For one, I can't believe that Deb let Lumen and Dexter go when they had Jordan's still-warm body on a slab. I'm not buying her sympathy for vigilantes, especially after she's worked so hard to be a bona-fide copper. Yeah, she got raped early on. But still, not buying it. Being a detective is her whole life. I don't think she would have had the stones to keep watching those rape videos over and over if she hadn't buried her fears of her past nightmare.

I'm wondering if she would still have let them go if she actually knew who was behind the curtain? Hmmm...

Second, Dexter could easily have taken care of Quinn for good. I think somewhere, deep down, he's going to still look into Dexter's secrets and make trouble there. Bad move if you already know he's seen your "fishing excursions." Tsk, tsk.

Dexter looks to me like he's getting sloppier and sloppier. Maybe they are purposely doing it to bring him down next season? Now that the kids are coming back to live with him he's only going to get sloppier from stressing out.

I love the show to deah, but I am honestly thinking it has run it's course. There's not much more to do without either him runnning off and starting someplace else, or totally going off the rails, killing his sister, and getting put away (or even killed by his sister for a better twist).

But then, if Deb kills him in the series finale, wouldn't she just go all crazy and maybe kill a bit too? Spinoff, perhaps? LOL

The ratings are its highest ever. Its not going away anytime soon and the show is all the worse for it.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:52 am

i kind of agree. this season started off slow, but was getting better and really seemed to be building to a nice payoff. but then they pussied out by not having deb discover dexter in the kill room... that scene should have ended with deb pulling back the curtain, seeing dexter, and being in such total shock that dexter makes his getaway... and then we have til next season to find out how she would react to the discovery. this show needs a major shakeup, and after so many seasons of dexter coming this close to being caught, only to get away, they really need to actually follow through on it for once.

the way this season ended up, it pretty much ended up being a pointless season.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

PreviousNext

Return to Coaxial