AMC's Monsterfest 2006

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

AMC's Monsterfest 2006

Postby happydude3 on Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:47 pm

Yeah, yeah, I know. It sucks these days and all, but I still watch it. And there's something oddly fulfilling and communal about it- commercial-filled though it be these days.

Found the schedule here:

http://www.ohmb.net/showthread.php?t=9359
happydude3
TOMBOY BEANPOLE
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:07 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby happydude3 on Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:55 pm

Sorry- here's a more direct link:

http://www.amctv.com/guide?CID=22-9-2006-M--N-EST
happydude3
TOMBOY BEANPOLE
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:07 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby Vicarious on Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:05 am

Thanks for the info... I wish I had AMC here at school, although I might be home a little during October (where I do have AMC). And I love that official Halloween message board. The best online horror community, IMO.
Eye on the TV, 'cause tragedy thrills me...
Image
User avatar
Vicarious
MONKEY BUTLER
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:12 pm

Postby MisterCynic on Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:47 am

gothika?
MisterCynic
STEAK-A-BABY
 
Posts: 199
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:05 am

AMC's Monsterfest 2006

Postby bastard_robo on Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:01 am

FUCK YEAH! They're playing Frankenstein Conquers the World! One of my favorite Non Godzilla Toho films!
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

Image
User avatar
bastard_robo
SCANK BARON
 
Posts: 4636
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:59 am
Location: Hello Kitty Adventure Island

Re: AMC's Monsterfest 2006

Postby buster00 on Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:16 pm

bastard_robo wrote:FUCK YEAH! They're playing Frankenstein Conquers the World! One of my favorite Non Godzilla Toho films!


And The Terror of Mechagodzilla! Hoo-Ha!
User avatar
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 6401
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:12 pm

Re: AMC's Monsterfest 2006

Postby bastard_robo on Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:27 pm

buster00 wrote:
bastard_robo wrote:FUCK YEAH! They're playing Frankenstein Conquers the World! One of my favorite Non Godzilla Toho films!


And The Terror of Mechagodzilla! Hoo-Ha!


I own the japanese "BOOB" version. With actual female breasts shown in the movie!
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

Image
User avatar
bastard_robo
SCANK BARON
 
Posts: 4636
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:59 am
Location: Hello Kitty Adventure Island

Re: AMC's Monsterfest 2006

Postby buster00 on Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:28 pm

bastard_robo wrote:
buster00 wrote:
bastard_robo wrote:FUCK YEAH! They're playing Frankenstein Conquers the World! One of my favorite Non Godzilla Toho films!


And The Terror of Mechagodzilla! Hoo-Ha!


I own the japanese "BOOB" version. With actual female breasts shown in the movie!


Get outta town! Tell me they're Asian bewbs.
User avatar
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 6401
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:12 pm

Re: AMC's Monsterfest 2006

Postby bastard_robo on Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:33 pm

buster00 wrote:
bastard_robo wrote:
buster00 wrote:
bastard_robo wrote:FUCK YEAH! They're playing Frankenstein Conquers the World! One of my favorite Non Godzilla Toho films!


And The Terror of Mechagodzilla! Hoo-Ha!


I own the japanese "BOOB" version. With actual female breasts shown in the movie!


Get outta town! Tell me they're Asian bewbs.


YES! With cyborg inhancements!!!!!
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

Image
User avatar
bastard_robo
SCANK BARON
 
Posts: 4636
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:59 am
Location: Hello Kitty Adventure Island

Postby TheButcher on Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:34 pm

Thanks for the info.
User avatar
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR
 
Posts: 17418
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:02 am
Location: The Bureau of Sabotage

Postby Hal2814 on Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:20 pm

Toho fans, rejoice! Both Frankenstein Conquers the World and Terror of Mechagodzilla have been reported on the way from Classic Media (Sony) ala the recent remastered Gojira DVD. And don't forget, the remastered Godzilla Raids Again and Godzilla vs. Mothra are out on November 7th.
User avatar
Hal2814
TOMBOY BEANPOLE
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:05 pm
Location: Sitting Down

AMC's Monsterfest 2006

Postby bastard_robo on Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:46 am

Hal2814 wrote:Toho fans, rejoice! Both Frankenstein Conquers the World and Terror of Mechagodzilla have been reported on the way from Classic Media (Sony) ala the recent remastered Gojira DVD. And don't forget, the remastered Godzilla Raids Again and Godzilla vs. Mothra are out on November 7th.


WHAT!


DO YOU SPEAK LIES!!!!!!!!!!!


I HAVE NOT HEARD FOT THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



TELL ME MORE DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

Image
User avatar
bastard_robo
SCANK BARON
 
Posts: 4636
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:59 am
Location: Hello Kitty Adventure Island

Postby austenandrews on Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:32 am

Some good stuff in there, but it's all commercial-ridden and edited for content. All in all I prefer TCM's selection.
Gordian Algebra, my new webcomic
User avatar
austenandrews
SUSAN CAGLE
 
Posts: 737
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:45 pm
Location: Austin, Texas

Re: AMC's Monsterfest 2006

Postby Hal2814 on Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:20 am

bastard_robo wrote:
Hal2814 wrote:Toho fans, rejoice! Both Frankenstein Conquers the World and Terror of Mechagodzilla have been reported on the way from Classic Media (Sony) ala the recent remastered Gojira DVD. And don't forget, the remastered Godzilla Raids Again and Godzilla vs. Mothra are out on November 7th.


WHAT!


DO YOU SPEAK LIES!!!!!!!!!!!


I HAVE NOT HEARD FOT THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



TELL ME MORE DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Here's what I came across while over at dvddrive-in.com just recently:

"...the next two installments of Classic Media’s Godzilla DVDs, both available on November 7 as two-disc sets. GODZILLA RAIDS AGAIN will include the original 1955 Japanese version with English subtitles, as well as the U.S version, GIGANTIS THE FIRE MONSTER (1959). Extras include a commentary by Steve Ryfle, Photo Gallery, International Poster Gallery and the Japanese Theatrical Trailer. GODZILLA VS MOTHRA will include 1964 Japanese widescreen version with English subtitles, and the widescreen U.S. version GODZILLA VS THE THING (1964). Extras include a commentary by Steve Ryfle and Ed Godzizsewski, Photo Gallery, International Poster Gallery and the Japanese Theatrical trailer. In the months to follow, you can expect to see GHIDRAH THE THREE-HEADED MONSTER, MONSTER ZERO, GODZILLA’S REVENGE,TERROR OF MECHAGODZILLA, FRANKENSTEIN CONQUERS THE WORLD and WAR OF THE GARGANTUAS...."

I used to own Gigantis on a cheapo Goodtimes VHS (long since faded) so I was very glad to hear that we'll be getting a new version on disc soon.
Well, that's just like, your opinion, man...
User avatar
Hal2814
TOMBOY BEANPOLE
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:05 pm
Location: Sitting Down

AMC's Monsterfest 2006

Postby bastard_robo on Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:24 am

Sweet Jesus tap dancing christ on a pole!!!!!!!!!


I GET BOTH WAR OF THE GARGANTUAS AND FRANKENSTINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!



THANK YOU GOD!!!!!!!!
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

Image
User avatar
bastard_robo
SCANK BARON
 
Posts: 4636
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:59 am
Location: Hello Kitty Adventure Island


Return to Coaxial

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests