Rummy To Appear on Letterman

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Rummy To Appear on Letterman

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:16 pm

Mr. Vice-President, would ya like to buy a monkey?

What are the odds Rumsfeld has a heart attack to get out of an answering one of Dave's questions?
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby ONeillSG1 on Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:47 pm

You realize that he is the Secretary of Defense, not the VP?

Also, you realize that it is Dick Cheaney (sp) with the heart condition, not Rummy?

Just making sure.

Damn, where is Joshua when you need him?
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:07 am

Eh, Herc's fault I didn't pay attention.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:57 am

Goddamn putz....
DinoDeLaurentiis
SHE'S A THE SARAH SILVERMAN

Postby burlivesleftnut on Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:05 am

HAHAHAH

Post.

Bungled.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby so sorry on Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:21 am

numbnutz!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby ONeillSG1 on Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:34 pm

Sorry to AZZ you out like that, but at least I tried to do it as tactfully as possible . . .

Ah screw it . . . IDIOT!

< J/K >

:)
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:45 am

Sure, I could go back and edit it but where would the fun be in that. There is still a chance that he could have a heart attack. It's not like the guy is Slim Goodbody by any means. The combination of the chilly Ed Sullivan Theater air, the hot lights, and that gap-toothed smile asking you what went wrong could send anyone into cardiac arrest.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Ribbons on Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:14 am

Well...

I know your post was semi-serious anyway Tyrone, but there's probably no way that he'll get asked a question that he's not comfortable with answering. Especially not on a late night talk show, where the guests routinely outline what they're going to talk about before they even tape the show anyway. Plus, he's in politics. If he gets asked a tough question, he'll either a) be belligerent and antagonistic towards Dave and "the liberal media," b) evade the question by answering it without really answering it, c) have a heart attack, or d) start kicking at Dave's head like a maniac. Maybe all of the above. Who knows?

Seriously, have you ever noticed how good celebrities are at answering the questions they don't want to by giving completely incongruous responses?
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Man-in-the-Box on Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:25 am

Ribbons wrote:Well...

I know your post was semi-serious anyway Tyrone, but there's probably no way that he'll get asked a question that he's not comfortable with answering. Especially not on a late night talk show, where the guests routinely outline what they're going to talk about before they even tape the show anyway. Plus, he's in politics. If he gets asked a tough question, he'll either a) be belligerent and antagonistic towards Dave and "the liberal media," b) evade the question by answering it without really answering it, c) have a heart attack, or d) start kicking at Dave's head like a maniac. Maybe all of the above. Who knows?

Seriously, have you ever noticed how good celebrities are at answering the questions they don't want to by giving completely incongruous responses?
Good call Ribbons. The whole time I was reading your post, I was giddy at the prospect of giving an option of dropping acid and trying to kick Dave in the head to show how tough he is. Then I get to the end and BAM you steal my thunder, damn you man,
I'm not with Cowbell, he's with me.
Man-in-the-Box
AIRWOLF

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:39 am

Ribbons wrote:Well...

OH LET IT BE C... PLEASE! WE NEED MORE DRAMA.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:43 am

The great thing about Letterman is he'll disarm you with his slightly misanthropic charm, get you all comfortable in the chair, banter with Paul a bit and then BAM! hard question. You don't see it coming. I think Dave is underrated as an interviewer. He may playfully dance around the subject for a bit but he will ask, without being belligerent about it. How much Rummy will let himself be led around the dancefloor remains to be seen. I don't think the entire interview will be along the lines of, "Mr. Secretary, how's your summer going? Did you see The Wedding Crashers?"
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Return to Coaxial