Random Coaxial

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Random Coaxial

Postby wonkabar on Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:08 pm

This a thread where you spout-off random thoughts about anything on or about TV without having to start a new topic or search for an existing discussion. Think of it as the "general interest" of coaxial.
Anyway, I'll begin now by venting my frustration about Harry'Clash of the Titans'Hamlin getiing the axe on 'Dancing with Stars'....I'm just...so...disappointed.
Last edited by wonkabar on Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby Bob Samonkey on Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:09 pm

TV ROCKS!!!!1!!
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby Flumm on Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:16 pm

Get that outta the way, Bobz0rs!!1

I gots a hot tip from down low on teh b4nn3dsv1ll3 and I'm trying to watch for Philbin conspiritorial 'ology connections, and I can't tell whether his crinkles are for real or not when you keep putting... "shadow bananas" up his nose. :?
Last edited by Flumm on Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flumm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby colonel_lugz on Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:17 pm

You Called Down The Thunder, Well Now You Got It!
colonel_lugz
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MasterWhedon on Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:18 pm

I fucking hate it when I lose the remote control. No way in hell am I actually walking over to the TV to switch the channel.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby buster00 on Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:20 pm

It was probably Andy Rooney who once pointed out:

Ever notice how it sounds funny in the room if the TV isn't on?
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby thebostonlocksmith on Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:21 pm

Ok, so i have a question. What the hell is 'dog the bounty hunter' all about, not the premise, just, why? whats the point? They've just started airing the third series of it in the UK. Who watches some seventy year old be-mulleted short arse panting and wheezing as he tries to catch 'dangerous' criminals that always seem to come quietly anyway? It's absolutley shit.
thebostonlocksmith
AIRWOLF

Postby Brocktune on Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:27 pm

i did not know that george hamilton was in clash of the titans.

in fact, i still dont know it.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby colonel_lugz on Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:28 pm

I believe it was Harry Hamlin
colonel_lugz
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DennisMM on Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:32 pm

Exactly. Back when he was a real studmuffin.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Postby wonkabar on Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:33 pm

colonel_lugz wrote:http://zone.aintitcool.com/viewtopic.php?t=42639

Everyone hates mt thread

:cry:

uh, I see your point, but this is a little different in that it's not "what you're watching" which implies something that you like...it's more just random shit that would be off-topic anyplace else. This is like if you just saw a commercial you want to discuss, or yeah, maybe even your remote-control or some random bullshit and you're not sure where to go.
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby Brocktune on Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:33 pm

i assumed he was talking about ursula andress :wink:

but seriously, who doesnt want to fuck kelly ripa?
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby wonkabar on Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:34 pm

Brocktune wrote:i did not know that george hamilton was in clash of the titans.

in fact, i still dont know it.
oops, I'm thinking of last season...I meant Harry Hamlin.
Last edited by wonkabar on Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby Bob Samonkey on Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:36 pm

Everyone hates mt thread

Where is Mt. Thread? Is it hard to climb? Is that why everyone hates it?
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby colonel_lugz on Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:37 pm

wonkabar wrote:

Everyone hates mt thread

uh, I see your point, but this is a little different in that it's not "what you're watching" which implies something that you like...it's more just random shit that would be off-topic anyplace else. This is like if you just saw a commercial you want to discuss, or yeah, maybe even your remote-control or some random bullshit and you're not sure where to go.

its cool dude

Speaking of remote controls, If you are round someones house who you dont particulary like just steal all their remotes, it works wonders. this one complete bitch still gives me death stares when I walk in the pub
colonel_lugz
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby colonel_lugz on Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:38 pm

Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:

Everyone hates mt thread

Its on Poopflingius Maximus Island, thats also why they hate it
colonel_lugz
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Bob Samonkey on Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:47 pm

colonel_lugz wrote:
Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:

Everyone hates mt thread

Its on Poopflingius Maximus Island, thats also why they hate it

Well I could see that. Monkey's are annoying...
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby DennisMM on Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:47 pm

Remotes are pissing me off. A couple years ago I bought a new "universal" remote because I bought a new VCR (the old one died) and the old remote wouldn't run it -- not even turn it on. So my wife and I finally break down and buy a DVD/VHS recorder to supplement our dying DVD player and allow us to transfer stuff that's not on DVD or is too expensive to bother.

The universal I had wouldn't even turn on the new machine. So I went out and bought a solid-looking new universal. It wouldn't even turn on the new machine. Yet another remote wouldn't turn on the new machine. So I'm stuck with my old remote, which hardly runs the basic functions on the old DVD player (won't even select a disc from the carousel) and this big-ass remote for the new machine sitting in my side table organizer. And if I want to do more than start a disk, etc. on the old DVD I have to get out its own remote, which is slowly falling apart.

Should I go out and buy one of those $100 remotes that claims to run everything and has a USB port to upload control codes?
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM

Postby Fried Gold on Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:48 pm

ITV Play. What a crappy pointless channel that is.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby thebostonlocksmith on Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:49 pm

I went to buy one of those universal controlers because i lost my old DVD one. Turns out i could buy a DVD player (sony) cheaper then the controller, that makes little sense to me.
thebostonlocksmith
AIRWOLF

Postby DennisMM on Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:50 pm

What the fuck was with Mr. Belvedere? Did the parents really trust this raging queen to raise their kids?
DennisMM

Postby thebostonlocksmith on Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:50 pm

Is ITV play the one with all of the phone in gameshow type things?
thebostonlocksmith
AIRWOLF

Postby Fried Gold on Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:51 pm

Yeah. I really can't see how ITV was able to get a licence for freeview channel with it.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby colonel_lugz on Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:53 pm

DennisMM wrote:Remotes are pissing me off. A couple years ago I bought a new "universal" remote because I bought a new VCR (the old one died) and the old remote wouldn't run it -- not even turn it on. So my wife and I finally break down and buy a DVD/VHS recorder to supplement our dying DVD player and allow us to transfer stuff that's not on DVD or is too expensive to bother.

The universal I had wouldn't even turn on the new machine. So I went out and bought a solid-looking new universal. It wouldn't even turn on the new machine. Yet another remote wouldn't turn on the new machine. So I'm stuck with my old remote, which hardly runs the basic functions on the old DVD player (won't even select a disc from the carousel) and this big-ass remote for the new machine sitting in my side table organizer. And if I want to do more than start a disk, etc. on the old DVD I have to get out its own remote, which is slowly falling apart.

Should I go out and buy one of those $100 remotes that claims to run everything and has a USB port to upload control codes?

My girlfirend bought a universal remote a few months ago and its pretty damn good, it's called OneForAll and costs about £20. It comes with a massive book with every code for every machine ever made. If you buy a brand new machine you can just look up the codes online.....I recommend it
colonel_lugz
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby colonel_lugz on Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:54 pm

Fried Gold wrote:Yeah. I really can't see how ITV was able to get a licence for freeview channel with it.

Quizmania can be damn entertaining at times!!

Wheres Kirk when I need him
colonel_lugz
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fried Gold on Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:55 pm

I used to have a Marantz universal remote which was like a little PDA.

Some of the really new ones connect to the internet via wifi and update their codes.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby thebostonlocksmith on Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:57 pm

They got reported to the TV watchdog OFTEL or whatever, apparently they turned over such a massive profit that they are being investigated. They said that they had made the programme safe by only allowing people to phone in a certain amount of times daily, as to not encourage the people phoning in to get into debt. The number of times you're allowed to call in daily at seventy five pence a time? Sixty. That's no shit.

They turned over about 30 million in the space of six weeks, and gave away Two million. They retorted to the complaint by suggesting that other stations oligopolise the market and offtel told them to give the money back. Still they've said they'll lower the application numbers (daily)to fifty. They're just arseholes.

That being said, as an innocent bystander, it's pretty enjoyable to watch. I have heard on occaision the same people get through to the studio, and then give the same wrong answer they gave previously...
thebostonlocksmith
AIRWOLF

Postby Fried Gold on Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:00 pm

colonel_lugz wrote:
Fried Gold wrote:Yeah. I really can't see how ITV was able to get a licence for freeview channel with it.

At times maybe.

I don't need a dedicated 24 hour channel. Especially as it replaced Men & Motors. I miss Magnum PI.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby colonel_lugz on Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:01 pm

Fried Gold wrote:
colonel_lugz wrote:

At times maybe.

I don't need a dedicated 24 hour channel. Especially as it replaced Men & Motors. I miss Magnum PI.

We all do

Did you ever see that cross over ep with Murder She Wrote??!!........that was heaven!
colonel_lugz
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fried Gold on Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:15 pm

Or that episode where Tom Selleck doesn't wear hot pants.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby The Selecter on Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:14 pm

thebostonlocksmith wrote:Ok, so i have a question. What the hell is 'dog the bounty hunter' all about, not the premise, just, why? whats the point? They've just started airing the third series of it in the UK. Who watches some seventy year old be-mulleted short arse panting and wheezing as he tries to catch 'dangerous' criminals that always seem to come quietly anyway? It's absolutley shit.

DTBH is one of those preachy redemption tales that Americans love so much. It's trashy TV that makes them feel better about themselves as the reformed ex-con spews hokey philosophy and makes the streets safe for mothers, fathers, and their children who all get obese gorging on apple pie.

In a delicious bit of irony, Dog is currently being sued for detaining the wrong man on one of their hunts, and defecating bricks while awaiting word on whether he will be extradited to Mexico for being a scofflaw in that country.

In other TV news, there is plenty of Magnum to go around, if you get WGN. They've also started to show Homicide. TBS has started a late night call in game show program, too. Even Discovery has some weird game show where some dude drives around in a tricked-out taxicub asking trivia questions, kinda like a mobile version of Millionaire.

Oh yeah, Smith sucks. WTF was up with the motorcycle chase scene? And yeah, we get it, Amy Smart is a badass chick because she drives a nice car, plays music loud, and pulls into parking spaces really quickly while accompanied by fake engine notes. Is the CBS audience that thick-headed that it must have things repeatedly driven into their heads? Instead of nuanced, three-dimensional characers, it's cliché-o-rama.
Last edited by The Selecter on Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Selecter
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby colonel_lugz on Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:16 pm

What the fuck has happened to Eastenders recently?, it's gone shit!!!

I blame Kirk!
colonel_lugz
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DennisMM on Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:53 am

NBC has given viewers who screw up their video recorders or go out and forget a favorite show is on a second chance by posting full episodes. The problem? They only post the most recently aired episode. So I can't see the pilot for Studio 60 on the web unless someone has cached it at YouTube. NBC, you generous, stingy gentlemen!
DennisMM

Postby Bob Samonkey on Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:57 am

Its ok. I missed the first eps. of this seasons Office and everyone says that it was the bee's knees. Or maybe it was the wasp's nipples, I can't remember...
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby silentbobafett on Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:10 am

Oh lugz please let that be sarcasm!

:-)

And as for STUDIO 60 - due to us Brits having to wait 2000 years until it airs, I decide to get a friend in a america to tape it for me. You should see if any of your friends tape it... there are certain sites you can go on to see if a friend of yours has.

Last time I check friends could tape stuff off tv for other friends... Lugz, wanna borrow my best of Eastenders tape?

:-)
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby silentbobafett on Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:12 am

BTW: STUDIO 60 RULES!!!!! :-)
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby DennisMM on Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:06 pm

I really enjoyed the second ep of Studio 60, but I won't go into details because it has a thread. Have to go looking at YouTube.
DennisMM

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:25 pm

Herc's fault

oh wait, there's already a thread for that...
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby The Vicar on Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:58 pm

Doctor Who, second series with Tennant opened on Sci - Fi last Friday.

And BSG opens this week.
I'm saved!!!!!

We need an approved Herc's Fault logo or something...like a USDA stamp.
Last edited by The Vicar on Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone

Postby DennisMM on Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:52 pm

BSG, you mean? Thank the gods.
DennisMM

Postby Fried Gold on Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:54 pm

The Vicar wrote:Doctor Who, second series with Tennant opened on Sci - Fi last Friday.

Get used to hearing "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry" every week.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby The Vicar on Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:17 pm

DennisMM wrote:BSG, you mean? Thank the gods.

jesus palomino I am making typos faster than I can count.

But I did mean the spinoff series, Battle Barbie Gallactica.
The merchandise is a revelation, to be sure.
The Vicar

Postby The Vicar on Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:19 pm

Fried Gold wrote:
The Vicar wrote:Doctor Who, second series with Tennant opened on Sci - Fi last Friday.

Get used to hearing "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry" every week.

If he's saying it over Rose's body, I'll recover.
Her & her mum, straight out the airlock.
And whiney, moody boyfriend too....
The Vicar

Postby DennisMM on Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:27 pm

I'd like to see Starbuck Barbie or Number 6 Barbie.
DennisMM

Postby The Vicar on Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:31 pm

A Number 6 Barbie?

Hah hah hah.

I know how this one ends.
The line forms behind GI Joe, Woody & Buzz.
The Vicar

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:44 pm

i'll take the Boomer Barbie
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby dimasok on Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:59 pm

Today's episode of Prison Break was horrible. I can't believe that such a clicheich moment of "think about your wife and your future" could have convinced Pedro to join the "light" and by who? By a female tied-up cop! Gimme a friggin break!

Hell, after that, I might stop watching the series altogether. Idiotic and fucked up. Whoever wrote that should be shot at.
dimasok
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby wonkabar on Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:21 am

Wow! I never thought I'd see Mr. T and Martin Scorsese on the same show (Conan)

Marty should put Mr. T in his next flick....no seriously
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby The Vicar on Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:34 am

TheBaxter wrote:i'll take the Boomer Barbie

And, in keeping with the show, you can have more than one.
Yowsa.
The Vicar

Postby DennisMM on Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:31 pm

The Vicar wrote:
TheBaxter wrote:i'll take the Boomer Barbie

And, in keeping with the show, you can have more than one.
Yowsa.

But only one of them really wants to screw. The others are just looking for weak spots in your defense.

There's the opening, Vic. Go for it.
DennisMM

Next

Return to Coaxial