Random Coaxial

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Re: Random Coaxial: Mr. Show

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:41 am

dammit. it's too late to get his beard.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Re: Sesame Street

Postby TheButcher on Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:05 pm

Cookie Monster Gets First Special on PBS’ Kids Lineup
Cookie Monster has shuffled about “Sesame Street” for decades, but he’s about to break out of the long-running kids program and get his own one-hour spotlight on PBS.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Random Coaxial

Postby TheButcher on Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:23 am

J. Michael Straczynski Gets His Ass To Mars
Red Mars, for a new US sci-fi drama
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:16 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:10 pm

Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby Fievel on Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:42 pm

So disappointed..... I thought this was a modern, updated version of Jimmy the Cab Driver. Holy shit those spots sent me into hysterics back in the day. Granted, the room was usually foggy, and the sounds of a water filtration device threatened to drown out Jimmy's sweet voice..... but I still laughed.

Oh, and Stewart...... I hated his MTv show. Took me a while to accept him on The Daily Show.

Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:19 am

Lord Voldemoo wrote:god dammit

brian williams is suspended from NBC nightly news for 6 months.
one day later, jon stewart announces he's leaving the daily show later this year.

coincidence? I THINK NOT!

coming soon:

The NBC Nightly News with Jon Stewart
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:21 am

also... this has to be hard on Comedy Central. first they lose Colbert, then less than a year later they lose Stewart... those are two huge pairs of shoes to fill at that all-important 11pm hour.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Buds

Postby TheButcher on Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:38 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby so sorry on Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:50 pm

iZombie, looks like a cross between Veronica Mars, Buffy, the Walking Dead and a big overflowing bucket of shit.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Ribbons on Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:13 pm

Apparently being a zombie makes you good at martial arts. Or she ate a ninja.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby TheButcher on Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:12 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby SilentBobX on Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:24 am

No joke, I nearly pissed myself watching this.

Mahalo

Mahalo
SilentBobX
AIRWOLF

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:12 am

TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Peven on Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:23 pm

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby so sorry on Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:36 pm

Peven wrote:

Cute mention of Ironman and Thor!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Peven on Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:09 pm

that was one for we DD fans, since our dude does it all without "super" powers and never gets his due respect

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:07 pm

Tales From The Darkside is returning, courtesy of Stephen King Jr.

i loved the original TftDs. i'm mostly excited with a little trepidation that it's coming back. the original series was hardly an untouchable classic, like any anthology, some ep's were better than others, but i definitely remember staying up late in middle school to watch these shows. i'm glad to see it's maintaining the anthology aspect. and cool that Joe Hill is producing, i seem to remember his father being involved in a couple pretty good ep's of the original series.

but.... this "reoccurring lead character" and the way it sounds like they're going to be tying all these eps together somehow leaves me a little worried. also seems like it will restrict them in what kind of stories they can do. and roberto orci as the other producer essentially cancels out whatever good will Joe Hill brings to the project.

still, i'll be giving it a watch. guess i'll have to finally figure out which of my local channels belongs to the CW now.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:46 pm

TheBaxter wrote:Tales From The Darkside is returning, courtesy of Stephen King Jr.

i loved the original TftDs. i'm mostly excited with a little trepidation that it's coming back. the original series was hardly an untouchable classic, like any anthology, some ep's were better than others, but i definitely remember staying up late in middle school to watch these shows. i'm glad to see it's maintaining the anthology aspect. and cool that Joe Hill is producing, i seem to remember his father being involved in a couple pretty good ep's of the original series.

but.... this "reoccurring lead character" and the way it sounds like they're going to be tying all these eps together somehow leaves me a little worried. also seems like it will restrict them in what kind of stories they can do. and roberto orci as the other producer essentially cancels out whatever good will Joe Hill brings to the project.

still, i'll be giving it a watch. guess i'll have to finally figure out which of my local channels belongs to the CW now.

The intro to Tales from the Darkside scared the shit out of me. F@ck this show dammit!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:31 pm

many times that opening was the scariest part of the whole episode. it's all the fault of that narrator (and the 80s synth score). i'm pretty sure the new show's opening won't be nearly as creepy.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Re: The Benny Hill Show

Postby TheButcher on Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:39 am

Benny Hill - The Police Raid in Waterloo Station

The Benny Hill Show Closing Chase Scene
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: George R.R. Martin

Postby TheButcher on Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:07 pm

George R.R. Martin Developing New HBO Series
Aaron Couch wrote:The potential series is called Captain Cosmos and centers on a young science fiction writer living in 1949 at the dawn of the age of TV. The writer spends his time penning stories no one else would dare to write.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheBaxter on Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:06 pm

TheButcher wrote:George R.R. Martin Developing New HBO Series
Aaron Couch wrote:The potential series is called Captain Cosmos and centers on a young science fiction writer living in 1949 at the dawn of the age of TV. The writer spends his time penning stories no one else would dare to write.

kinda like the last two GoT books he seemingly won't "dare to write" in favor of all this other crap? JUST WRITE THE FUCKIN BOOKS ALREADY!!!!
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby TheButcher on Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:37 am

TheBaxter wrote:
TheButcher wrote:George R.R. Martin Developing New HBO Series

kinda like the last two GoT books he seemingly won't "dare to write" in favor of all this other crap? JUST WRITE THE FUCKIN BOOKS ALREADY!!!!

George R.R. Martin will not right them Sam I Am.
He will not write them in a box with a fox.
He will not write them here.
He will not write them there.
He will not write them anywhere.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Thu May 07, 2015 11:55 pm

Comedies ‘The Muppets’, ‘Dr. Ken’ & ‘The Real O’Neals’ Get ABC Series Orders

The Muppets are back on ABC
Gary Levin wrote:The furry Muppets are back on ABC in one of three new comedies the network ordered for next season late Thursday.

The network describes the new series as a "documentary-style" look that "explore(s) the Muppets' personal lives and relationships, bot at home and at work, as well as romances, breakups, achievements, disappointments, wants and desires." That's a tall order for a bunch of felt creatures, but it's in good hands: Bill Prady (The Big Bang Theory) is a co-writer and executive producer.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Cary Fukunaga's The Alienist

Postby TheButcher on Thu May 14, 2015 11:28 am

‘The Alienist’ Lands Big Bucks Series Order From TNT
TNT has made a hefty series commitment to Paramount TV’s adaptation of Caleb Carr’s novel “The Alienist,” spearheaded by “True Detective’s” Cary Fukunaga and screenwriters Eric Roth and Hossein Amini.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Cary Fukunaga's The Alienist

Postby Ribbons on Thu May 14, 2015 12:59 pm

TheButcher wrote:‘The Alienist’ Lands Big Bucks Series Order From TNT
TNT has made a hefty series commitment to Paramount TV’s adaptation of Caleb Carr’s novel “The Alienist,” spearheaded by “True Detective’s” Cary Fukunaga and screenwriters Eric Roth and Hossein Amini.

They've been trying to make this show for years, on HBO and other networks. Cool to see it's finally coming together. I'll be watching this one develop with interest. I know Bloo was a big fan of the book as well, so I'm sure he'll be excited, wherever he is.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby TheBaxter on Fri May 15, 2015 9:25 am

i read this book a long time ago. don't really remember it to well besides that i liked it. i'll probably go reread it again (i think there were more in the series too, weren't there? guess i'll read those too). should make for a good series.

between this, and penny dreadful, and a couple of those magician-based series coming out, it looks like the victorian age is having quite a resurgence on tv.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby TheBaxter on Sat May 16, 2015 10:45 pm

norm macdonald on david letterman last night was pretty special and awesome. gotta watch til the end:

TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Fievel on Sat May 16, 2015 11:14 pm

God damn, Norm........ I just......... God damn, Norm. :(

I'm going to watch all three episodes next week, for sure.

Stolen from the YouTube comments:
plot twist: he wasn't emotional, he was having the acid flashback.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheButcher on Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:38 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:14 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:47 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Umbrella Academy

Postby TheButcher on Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:57 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Fievel on Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:28 am

I just wanted to say that the first couple episodes of Mr. Robot were awesome.
Might be my favorite summer show.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby so sorry on Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:37 am

Fievel wrote:I just wanted to say that the first couple episodes of Mr. Robot were awesome.

Is it filled with silly technobabble and impossible "hacks" and whatnot?
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Ribbons on Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:50 pm

so sorry wrote:
Fievel wrote:I just wanted to say that the first couple episodes of Mr. Robot were awesome.

Is it filled with silly technobabble and impossible "hacks" and whatnot?

From what I've heard they actually take great pains to make the technobabble on the show realistic.

http://www.wired.com/2015/07/mr-robot-fact-check/
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Fievel on Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:59 pm

There is technobabble, but I don't think it's beyond the comprehension ability of anyone here, anyways. Even things that seem like they might be reaching the WTF level are still understandable, for the most part.
The main idea of the show (currently) is the moral choices/sides that the main character has to make. It's not really a hack-of-the-week type of show, but rather one long, continuous story.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:09 pm

i dunno, i'm kind of tired of all these remakes. i still don't see how you can top the original:

TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Seppuku on Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:25 am

Anyone here seen Comedy Central's Nathan For You? I genuinely think it's the funniest program I've seen in...maybe ever? And I don't think it's even aired in the UK yet. It involves a dewd deadpanly suggesting to real business owners the most wild and silly ideas to renovate their company, but which are just good enough to convince 'em he's on the up-and-up (I bet, like with Ali G, they've made a really elaborate website to help shuck 'em). A few of his ventures actually managed to muscle their way into the headlines. I'm hoping he doesn't get so well-known that he can no longer get away with it any more, as this is a hundred times more inventive and dark* than Ali G or Trigger Happy TV ever were. This has to exist in the weird grey area between just successful enough to get renewed, but not so successful that everyone cottons on (series 3 is out in October). I love the moments of genuine warmth between Nathan and his 'victims' which add a depth this could easily have been missing, like when he takes a gaggle of gas station customers on a camping trip up a mountain to find a rebate box. I do think he may have mild asperger's, though. Or that could just be him being Canadian. Watch it if you haven't! Fucking hilarious and inspired.

*see the Claw of Shame episode, in which Nathan has to escape some handcuffs before a robot claw pulls off his underwear and exposes him to a crowd of children, thus genuinely putting him on the sex offender registry for life.
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby Ribbons on Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:50 pm

I've never actually seen the show, but I remember his "Dumb Starbucks" stunt from when it was in the news
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Peven on Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:49 pm

I'm just happy to see that Sepp is still alive. i felt a disturbance in the Force a while back and started to wonder....guess it was someone else drunkenly falling overboard into the Thames

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby so sorry on Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:17 am

Peven wrote:I'm just happy to see that Sepp is still alive. i felt a disturbance in the Force a while back and started to wonder....guess it was someone else drunkenly falling overboard into the Thames

He'll IPAMPILASH at that joke five years from now, when he checks in next.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Seppuku on Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:34 am

Ribbons wrote:I've never actually seen the show, but I remember his "Dumb Starbucks" stunt from when it was in the news

He also managed to get this fake vid of a pig saving a goat viral to help promote an animal sanctuary...which he then forgets to mention. :D

Peven wrote:I'm just happy to see that Sepp is still alive. i felt a disturbance in the Force a while back and started to wonder....guess it was someone else drunkenly falling overboard into the Thames

Pffffffft. Al_Shut made the exact same joke last time I posted (a year ago? Two? ). You Zone survivors are all starting to think alike. I bet you even share each others wives. Unless a certain dark jedi has ascended up through the ranks to Forum Wife! :twisted:

Oy, a friend took me mudlarking in the Thames a few weeks ago. I would not want to fall in there. I did find a 600 year old chicken-feeding pot thing...but also, a LOT of condoms. A lot!

You know, I was staying in a creepy Wicker Man-style village called Pevensey recently, and I thought of you way too much for someone I haven't spoken to in half a decade.

EDIT: Also been watching Banshee, Mr Robot, IZombie, The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst, Review With Forrest MacNeill and a bunch of other shit recently. Dah tee vee's purdy cool.
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby TheButcher on Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:28 am

B Is for Broke: Why 'Sesame Street' Is Moving to HBO
Sesame Workshop has been operating at a loss in recent years ($11 million in 2014), and the new deal will allow it to deliver twice as much content, plus a Muppets spinoff.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby so sorry on Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:53 am

TheButcher wrote:B Is for Broke: Why 'Sesame Street' Is Moving to HBO
Sesame Workshop has been operating at a loss in recent years ($11 million in 2014), and the new deal will allow it to deliver twice as much content, plus a Muppets spinoff.

So not to get lost in this is the fact that PBS will get the shows on air as well, even thought it'll be 9 months after they appear on HBO.

Makes me wonder why the Sesame Street nonprofit company wouldn't just turn itself into a for profit company and go that route. I guess just getting funds from HBO is easier?
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheButcher on Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:03 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: ‘Walt Disney’

Postby TheButcher on Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:19 am

TV Review: ‘Walt Disney’
Documentary; PBS, Mon.-Tues. Sept. 14-15, 9 p.m.)
Brian Lowry wrote:Few lives can sustain a two-hour documentary, but with “Walt Disney,” four doesn’t seem nearly enough. Filmmaker Sarah Colt paints a portrait that’s far more complex than the avuncular presence people came to know — or feel like they did — hosting those Sunday-night TV introductions for “The Wonderful World of Disney.” Here, Uncle Walt is described as a man who was “restless and driven,” and whose genius and tenacity left a towering legacy despite his less admirable qualities. Even those who are familiar with Disney will likely come away with renewed appreciation of his contributions, in a film that, despite a few drawbacks, captures his inextricable link with Americana.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Ribbons on Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:55 pm

Just started watching this, two episodes in. It's quite impressive so far.

Christian Slater, Emmy nom?
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby tfactor on Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:26 pm

Last thing to add, then you probably won't see me again for a while; is anyone watching Drunk History on Comedy Central? I just recently discovered this program and its been funny as hell. They get big name actors to act out these stories as told by drunken fools and it just seems like the perfect mixture of stupid and funny. Anyway check it out if you haven't seen it. Good stuff

K bye
<3
T
tfactor
KING SMARMY

PreviousNext

Return to Coaxial