Random Coaxial

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Postby LaDracul on Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:20 am

Damn, I really liked "Saul of the Mole Men", and they set it up for a season 2...but I don't think that'll happen. :(

I only caught some of "F@t Guy Stuck in the Internet", but the one I wanted to see as a series was the "Maakies" one. Ever since they ran the 2-D short on SNL with Drinky the Crow, I wanted that as a series.
LaDracul
AIRWOLF

Postby buster00 on Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:31 pm

LaDracul wrote: Ever since they ran the 2-D short on SNL with Drinky the Crow, I wanted that as a series.

You'll be getting your wish, but not very soon.
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby LaDracul on Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:17 pm

Thank God! I felt that way about seeing the short "Whatever Happened to Robot Jones?" and wanting it to be a series, it happened, but I hated the fact they replaced the normal computer voice with a kid's voice later on. :(

It did have some inspired moments-
The Nudist and Mr. Pemberton
LaDracul
AIRWOLF

Postby Peven on Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:51 am

animated Black Panther series in the works....

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=44213

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Evil Hobbit on Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:26 pm

For those interested, Leslie Iwerks docu:

THE PIXAR STORY

is airing tonight on

STARZ cable channel at 10pm EST/PST.

It will be preceded by the feature presentations of Cars (6pm ET/PT) and Ratatouille (8pm ET/PT).

More info: http://www.cartoonbrew.com/cgi/the-pixar-story-on-tv-tonight

I hope someone rips it and puts it on torrent tomorrow for us Europeans :)
Evil Hobbit
AIRWOLF

Postby Fievel on Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:43 pm

Late Night With Jimmy Fallon
Not a Fallon fan here.
Not at all.

But.... at least that means that Leno is soon to be gone!!!!
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby so sorry on Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:26 pm

Bob and Doug Makensie Cartoon

I like Strange Brew alot. This, howver, looks like a steaming pile of canadian goose shit.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby LaDracul on Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:39 pm

Fievel wrote:Late Night With Jimmy Fallon
Not a Fallon fan here.
Not at all.

I just hope he brings his Barry Gibb impression with him. :D

But he and Conan are two of my favorites. :D
LaDracul
AIRWOLF

Postby buster00 on Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:29 pm

so sorry wrote:Bob and Doug Makensie Cartoon

I like Strange Brew alot. This, howver, looks like a steaming pile of canadian goose shit.

I ADORE Strange Brew, so I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt.

Thing is, I would swear that I saw some kind of animated Bob & Doug preview, like, a year ago.

Shame Mel Blanc isn't alive to to their dad's voice.
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Peven on Mon May 05, 2008 9:20 am

http://kukla.tv/cbs.html

this show was a highlight of my saturday afternoons when i was a kid and with its variety of foreign films it cultivated the beginning of my love of cinema.
anyone else remember watching it?

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby buster00 on Wed May 07, 2008 1:36 pm

Peven wrote:http://kukla.tv/cbs.html

this show was a highlight of my saturday afternoons when i was a kid and with its variety of foreign films it cultivated the beginning of my love of cinema.

I do!

Didn't that come on, like, right after Marlo and the Magic Movie Machine back in the late 70s?
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Peven on Wed May 07, 2008 2:00 pm

buster00 wrote:
Peven wrote:http://kukla.tv/cbs.html

I do!

Didn't that come on, like, right after Marlo and the Magic Movie Machine back in the late 70s?

it came on during the mid to late 70's, usually around noon or early afternoon. i don't remember the Marlo show, but that could be due to local programming, since as i remember the main network line up of cartoons would end at noon, and then the scheduling became more irregular, as if the local station had taken over program scheduling at that point.

there are a few movies that still stick with me, one being "Tiko and the Shark".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZlM8NhGwXo&feature=related

the first couple minutes

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Wed May 07, 2008 4:17 pm

Don't remember the show at all but there is handful of stuff on that list I saw in grade school. I just bought The Red Balloon because I haven't seen it in forever and always loved watching it. I don't think you can grow up on Lake Superior without seeing Paddle To the Sea. That just came out on DVD too and I might pick it up as well. The one I'm most excited to see on the list is Winter of The Witch. That's another one I haven't seen since grade school and whenever I would ask someone if they remember the movie about the witch and the magic pancakes I'd usually get a blank stare. I'm so happy to finally know its title. Maybe if I ask Criterion nicely they'll put it out on DVD too.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Peven on Wed May 07, 2008 4:19 pm

Tyrone_Shoelaces wrote:Don't remember the show at all but there is handful of stuff on that list I saw in grade school. I just bought The Red Balloon because I haven't seen it in forever and always loved watching it. I don't think you can grow up on Lake Superior without seeing Paddle To the Sea. That just came out on DVD too and I might pick it up as well. The one I'm most excited to see on the list is Winter of The Witch. That's another one I haven't seen since grade school and whenever I would ask someone if they remember the movie about the witch and the magic pancakes I'd usually get a blank stare. I'm so happy to finally know its title. Maybe if I ask Criterion nicely they'll put it out on DVD too.

in school we used to see "Paddle to the Sea" at least once a year it seemed through 3rd or 4th grade

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Fievel on Sat May 10, 2008 2:09 am

The Gong Show Is BACK!!!!!

With Dave Attell hosting, this could actually be hilarious... as long as he's trashed.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby LaDracul on Mon May 12, 2008 10:57 pm

Speaking of comebacks...

PBS confirms "The Electric Company" is returning

Hmm, wonder if Morgan Freeman will pop up.

Fun fact-The Naomi always referred to in "Edge of Chair" later gave birth to Jake and Maggie Gyllenhal.
LaDracul
AIRWOLF

Postby Fried Gold on Tue May 13, 2008 5:14 am

Fievel wrote:The Gong Show Is BACK!!!!!

With Dave Attell hosting, this could actually be hilarious... as long as he's trashed.

Hasn't the Gong Show been back for some years now? (see Pop Idol, X Factor, Random TV Talent Contest....for more details) Just that the gong has been replaced with celebrity trying to revive a career and pantomine English villain character.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby LaDracul on Tue May 13, 2008 10:39 am

Fried Gold wrote:

Hasn't the Gong Show been back for some years now? (see Pop Idol, X Factor, Random TV Talent Contest....for more details) Just that the gong has been replaced with celebrity trying to revive a career and pantomine English villain character.

True, but does that make Randy Jackson Gene Gene the Dancing Machine?
LaDracul
AIRWOLF

Postby Fievel on Tue May 13, 2008 11:48 am

LaDracul wrote:
Fried Gold wrote:

True, but does that make Randy Jackson Gene Gene the Dancing Machine?

If all that were the case then Ryan Seacrest would have a brown paper bag over his face.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby RogueScribner on Thu May 15, 2008 3:44 am

Wow. According to this, I Love Lucy is the spinniest spin-off creator that ever spinned! :shock:

Okay, those aren't all true crossovers and spinoffs, but it sure is interesting to read. :)
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Vegeta on Thu May 15, 2008 3:46 pm

Sad now... I am happy BONES is getting a fourth season, but it looks like FOX is planning to kill it in the Spring of 2009 by putting on Friday nights... :(
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY

Postby Fried Gold on Thu May 15, 2008 6:33 pm

Bones got to a fourth season?
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Peven on Wed May 21, 2008 4:45 pm

Leads Cast for Sam Raimi's Wizard's
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
May 21, 2008

Craig Horner ("Blue Water High") and Bridget Regan will star in Sam Raimi's syndicated series "Wizard's First Rule," which premieres in the fall, says The Hollywood Reporter.

The scripted series, an hourlong weekly from Disney-ABC Domestic Television and ABC Studios, is based on Terry Goodkind's book "Wizard's First Rule" and epic fantasy series "The Sword of Truth."

Horner will star as woodsman Richard Cypher, who transforms into a magical leader and joins with a mysterious woman named Kahlan (Regan) to stop a bloodthirsty, sinister tyrant.

Production on the 22 episodes begins this month in New Zealand.

Raimi is executive producing with Robert Tapert, Joshua Donen, Ned Nalle and John Shiban.

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Brocktune on Wed May 21, 2008 5:03 pm

LaDracul wrote:Damn, I really liked "Saul of the Mole Men",

you did?!

I thought I was the only one. :(

well me and robo
*sigh*
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Peven on Fri May 23, 2008 8:45 am

News

Ron Perlman Joins FX's Sons of Anarchy
May 23, 2008

"Hellboy" franchise star Ron Perlman has joined FX's upcoming series "Sons of Anarchy," says The Hollywood Reporter.

Kurt Sutter's "Anarchy," from FX Productions and Fox 21, revolves around a notorious outlaw motorcycle club's efforts to protect their town of Charming, Calif., from drug dealers and local corporate developers.

Perlman will play the club's president and stepfather of the central character, Jax Teller (Charlie Hunnam). The role, played by Scott Glenn in the pilot, has been recast after the character was re-imagined as part of the project's shift in a more darkly comedic direction.

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Peven on Fri May 23, 2008 8:46 am

News

Hulk Smash American Gladiators!
May 23, 2008

The Hollywood Reporter says NBC will air a special "Incredible Hulk"-themed episode of "American Gladiators" with guest star Lou Ferrigno sharing the arena with host Hulk Hogan.

The "Gladiators" episode will include a hulked-out Gladiator Arena and an exclusive 60-second preview from the June 13 release The Incredible Hulk.

The "Hulk"-themed "Gladiators" episode airs June 9.

About 1,000 pairs of Hulk Hands will be given to audience members to wear throughout the episode, and some also will wear Hulk masks. Gladiators will likewise use Hulk Hands while competing in the Gauntlet.

And just about everything will be green!

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby papalazeru on Thu May 29, 2008 4:05 pm

EZTV gave an announcement about returning shows,

E! online wrote:he aftermath of the strike is still mucking up TV! Many shows that usually air in the summer have been pushed to fall or later because of the production delay. After taking a look at the summer '08 TV schedule, you guys had so many questions about these MIA summer series that I thought it'd be a good idea to address them all in one place!

Click in to find out the whereabouts of The Shield, when Big Love is back and the exact premiere date of Dexter season three!

Premieres: 2008

Jo in Camp Lejeune, N.C.: Any idea when Entourage is coming back?
Entourage will be back in September '08. Also in September on HBO is True Blood, from Alan Ball. It will be fodder for my favorite part of this job: Watch Vampires with Kristin.

Commenter 28: What about Californication?
Californication is most likely returning in September (the exact premiere date is TBD), and the season-one DVD comes out June 17.

Bunnylovee: When is The Girls Next Door returning? It ended like five months ago. Come on!
Oh, you are a girl after my own heart. Look for new episodes of The Girls Next Door to premiere later this year, likely in one of the months that end in ber.

Darlynn in Ann Arbor, Mich.: I just looked at your summer schedule and there was no mention of Mad Men. When are they coming back to air with some new eps?
July...argh! I know the answer to this, but I can't officially report it yet. (I'm not pouting. Really.) I can, however, tell you that the official announcement is coming later this week. Meanwhile, have you seen the packaged-as-a-Zippo-lighter DVD box set for Mad Men season one? Check it out on July 1, or if you're impatient—like, say, me—you can download season one from iTunes.

Jen's Husband: Where is The Shield?!
The Shield's final season premieres in September on FX. Also in September on FX, look for season four of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and a new show called Sons of Anarchy about a guy forced to juggle his commitments to his kid and those to his friends in a motorcycle gang. (Awesome!)

Alison in Surrey, British Columbia, Canada: When is Dexter coming back? I didn't see it on your summer premiere list. I want and need my sexily scary serial killer.
According to sources close to the show, season three of Dexter starts shooting June 9, and the season premiere is currently scheduled for Sunday, Sept. 28! Subject to change of course, but generally, I think it's fair to say yay! If you have yet to partake of the Dexter-y goodness, season two is now available for download on iTunes (thanks to Jenn in Conyers, Ga. for pointing this out!), and the Dexter season-two DVD drops Aug. 19.

Stephanie in Wilmington, N.C.: When will Greek be back?
Greek will return with new episodes this fall, most likely in September.

Premieres: 2009

Jennifer in Syracuse, N.Y.: What's up with Damages?
Damages is not back on FX until early '09 (likely January), but the good news is that it has been renewed for not just one, but two more seasons!

Elana: Where is Nip/Tuck?
Look for Nip/Tuck to premiere around the same time as Damages: Early 2009. January, if I had to guess...

VMarsFan: What about Kyle XY?
Season three of Kyle XY premieres in January '09.

Melissa in Raymond, N.H.: Any idea when new episodes of Big Love will air?
Early in 2009! I can't wait. I miss Margene!

Rox: I'm panicked: When is Rescue Me coming back?
Season five of Rescue Me airs in spring '09 (think March-ish), but there will be minisodes coming out later this summer to tide you over!

Kate in Wis.: What's up with Flight of the Conchords? I haven't heard any mention of my favorite summer comedy.
You'll have to wait until 2009 for more Jemaine and Bret.

Jeff in St. Louis: When will Brotherhood be back? I heard it got renewed…and if it comes back, will Janel Moloney come with it?
Network sources tell me: "The show goes back into production at the end of July, but they haven’t made a decision when season three will premiere. We should know something in the next couple of weeks." You'll hear as soon as we do! As for Janel Moloney, I'm told the next season of Brotherhood is still very much in the script stage, so no decisions have been made about her return.

Premieres: To Be Determined, or Possibly Never

T: What about Tell Me You Love Me? I have to see that show again!
Hang in there...It's going to be a while. They aren't even in production on season two yet. I'd say look for Tell Me You Love Me in summer '09 at the soonest.

Kevin in Louisville, Ky.: What is the status on the third seasons of Dirt and The Riches?
According to the network, "No decisions have been made about Dirt and The Riches yet." However, we've heard from at least one source that "Dirt is dead." No telling how these things will play out, but I'm personally not convinced either show will be back on FX for a third season.

Amy in Portland, Ore.: Is Side Order of Life coming back? And if so, when?
Lifetime has canceled Side Order of Life. Sorry...

WiFidelity: It is true that BSG is going away for the summer?
Yes, it's true. The Battlestar Galactica midseason finale is June 13, but I'm told the network has not yet settled on a premiere date for the remaining 10 episodes. The good news is that after principal photography on the final season of BSG also ends in June, actors like James Callis and Grace Park will be freed up to do other projects, so we'll hopefully be seeing them elsewhere soon!

Kaci in Houston: What about The Dead Zone? Did USA kill it along with with The 4400?
Yes, sorry. The Dead Zone and The 4400 are both gone.

Source: E!Online, Watch with Kristin

Im so glad Dexter is saved and it's for this year. I adore that show. After the slow start of Season 2 which led up to such a blast of a finale, I can't wait.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby Fievel on Thu May 29, 2008 4:23 pm

No Entourage til September!?!? That's a SUMMER SHOW!!! FOCK!!!!

And no Big Love or FLight Of The Conchords til 2009!?!?!? FOCK ME!!!!!
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby papalazeru on Thu May 29, 2008 4:24 pm

I know. It's all gone screwy.

Hopefully the corporate studios will learn not to fuck with the WGA again.

papalazeru

Postby CeeBeeUK on Thu May 29, 2008 4:31 pm

No, this time they'll pick on the actors :roll:
CeeBeeUK
WAIRWOLF GAME

Postby papalazeru on Thu May 29, 2008 5:31 pm

Yeah but then they have to deal with the Film Actors Guild.

:lol:

To be fair, they've already done that. Most normal actors get a flat fee for comercials rather than anything from repeat fees. It's not even any higher than the normal salary anymore.

There's a lot of people who get a raw deal working for studios, most of them freelancers.

papalazeru

Postby Fievel on Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:54 pm

I got an e-mail from my brother last night.
He's going to be a seatfiller at MTV's Movie Awards today.
Here's part of it. The last part made me laugh... and not because it means to be funny.

CONGRATULATIONS!

You & your guest are confirmed to be a SEATFILLER for 2008 MTV MOVIE AWARDS at the UNIVERSAL GIBSON AMPHITHEATER in UNIVERSAL CITY. You will also get a call in addition to this the day before the show to remind you!!

ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS THE FOLLOWING…

READ THE ENTIRE EMAIL & RULES!! EMAIL US THE FOLLOWING

YES- you & your guests ARE %100 CONFIRMING TO ALL INFO BELOW

INCLUDE YOUR NAME & GUEST'S NAME

YES- You & Friends understand all info

YES- you will be on time at 12:30pm!!!

YES- I will bring ID

MUST BE 21 & up, some exceptions have been made so if your getting this you are ok. GUESTS MUST LOOK STUNNING, BE AMAZING & HAVE READ THIS EMAIL AS WELL. SHOW NEEDS TO LOOK AMAZING SO SINCE YOU ARE AMAZING LOOKING, YOUR FRIENDS SHOULD BE TOO!!! HATE TO BE SHALLOW BUT THAT'S THE GIG!!
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby papalazeru on Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:11 pm

Fievel wrote:I got an e-mail from my brother last night.
He's going to be a seatfiller at MTV's Movie Awards today.
Here's part of it. The last part made me laugh... and not because it means to be funny.

CONGRATULATIONS!

You & your guest are confirmed to be a SEATFILLER for 2008 MTV MOVIE AWARDS at the UNIVERSAL GIBSON AMPHITHEATER in UNIVERSAL CITY. You will also get a call in addition to this the day before the show to remind you!!

ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS THE FOLLOWING…

READ THE ENTIRE EMAIL & RULES!! EMAIL US THE FOLLOWING

YES- you & your guests ARE %100 CONFIRMING TO ALL INFO BELOW

INCLUDE YOUR NAME & GUEST'S NAME

YES- You & Friends understand all info

YES- you will be on time at 12:30pm!!!

YES- I will bring ID

MUST BE 21 & up, some exceptions have been made so if your getting this you are ok. GUESTS MUST LOOK STUNNING, BE AMAZING & HAVE READ THIS EMAIL AS WELL. SHOW NEEDS TO LOOK AMAZING SO SINCE YOU ARE AMAZING LOOKING, YOUR FRIENDS SHOULD BE TOO!!! HATE TO BE SHALLOW BUT THAT'S THE GIG!!

I'm pretty sure there's a law against this sort of thing but then, what's the definition of looking stunning. They could mean dress sense, of course we all know what they mean.

If they really wanted to hand pick the beautiful people, why aren't they going through an agency?

Money saving, pure and simple.

papalazeru

Postby Worst Part's Almost Over on Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:16 pm

Just saw an advert for the new series of Big Brother. That time of year again where I refuse to buy a paper, watch the news or give any patronage to Channel 4 whatsoever just in case my soul is tainted by the utter trash that is BB :evil:
Worst Part's Almost Over
AIRWOLF

Postby papalazeru on Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:27 pm

Worst Part's Almost Over wrote:Just saw an advert for the new series of Big Brother. That time of year again where I refuse to buy a paper, watch the news or give any patronage to Channel 4 whatsoever just in case my soul is tainted by the utter trash that is BB :evil:

I own a viewing Statistics Box. Big Brother is going down.

It's amazing how many people are going to be watching 'something else' during that fucking show.

Open University used to be a good thing to put on over night but now it's BBC News 24.

I'll take recommendations if it means the end of Big Brother.

papalazeru

Postby Worst Part's Almost Over on Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:29 pm

papalazeru wrote:
Worst Part's Almost Over wrote:Just saw an advert for the new series of Big Brother. That time of year again where I refuse to buy a paper, watch the news or give any patronage to Channel 4 whatsoever just in case my soul is tainted by the utter trash that is BB :evil:

I own a viewing Statistics Box. Big Brother is going down.

It's amazing how many people are going to be watching 'something else' during that fucking show.

Open University used to be a good thing to put on over night but now it's BBC News 24.

I'll take recommendations if it means the end of Big Brother.

I recommend we find out the location of the Big Brother house and then provide the co-ordinates to the highest bidding fundamentalist.
Worst Part's Almost Over
AIRWOLF

Postby papalazeru on Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:33 pm

How about you have a trip down to Hertfordshire, we chip in for a high impact air rifle and pick them off one by one.

I chose an air rifle because we can tip bullets with different poisons and gauge the reactions.

All the while, my TV's will be tuned into something else.

I don't get why no-one likes my idea for big brother. I say at random intervals at anytime, a claxon will sound and if they don't get out of the house in 10 seconds, the doors automatically close and the house fills with water over 2 days.

I'd watch that.

papalazeru

Postby Worst Part's Almost Over on Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:35 pm

papalazeru wrote:How about you have a trip down to Hertfordshire, we chip in for a high impact air rifle and pick them off one by one.

I chose an air rifle because we can tip bullets with different poisons and gauge the reactions.

All the while, my TV's will be tuned into something else.

Booking my train tickets now.

papalazeru wrote:I don't get why no-one likes my idea for big brother. I say at random intervals at anytime, a claxon will sound and if they don't get out of the house in 10 seconds, the doors automatically close and the house fills with water over 2 days.

I'd watch that.

Why aren't you the head of Channel 4, sir? :D
Worst Part's Almost Over
AIRWOLF

Postby papalazeru on Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:46 pm

Becuase I'd ban texting in messages and stupid fucking phone in competitions that offer a houseload of goodies with a question a 3 month old would know...

What animal goes 'woof'?
Is it...
a) a dog
b) an albatross
c) an elephant.

Call in now....£50 a minute.

...and I don't give a shit how much revenue it rakes in.

papalazeru

Postby Worst Part's Almost Over on Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:04 pm

papalazeru wrote:Becuase I'd ban texting in messages and stupid fucking phone in competitions that offer a houseload of goodies with a question a 3 month old would know...

What animal goes 'woof'?
Is it...
a) a dog
b) an albatross
c) an elephant.

Call in now....£50 a minute.

...and I don't give a shit how much revenue it rakes in.

Why don't we have a UK Zoner Meet-Up and get a video camera and make our own Big Brother? :lol:
Worst Part's Almost Over
AIRWOLF

Re: Random Coaxial

Postby yorrick brown on Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:10 pm

i hope this happens!!!

New hits the web last March that Ninch Inch Nails frontman Trent Reznor was planning to turn his album "Year Zero" into a major motion picture. Then in August we learned it might go to TV with big names like Ridley Scott in talks to produce and direct. Today it was reported that Reznor has not given up on the dream as he reveals to the New York Times that he is working on bringing the adaptation as a cable series sometime in the future. He also hints at more new free song downloads and software?! Read on for the skinny.

From Blabbermouth.net:

The Pulse of Radio reports that NINE INCH NAILS mainman Trent Reznor is working on a cable TV series based on his 2007 concept album, "Year Zero", according to a lengthy profile of Reznor in the Sunday edition of the New York Times. The article does not go into much detail about the project, except to say that Reznor is working on it with producer Lawrence Bender, who is Quentin Tarantino's partner and also produced the Oscar-winning Al Gore documentary "An Inconvenient Truth".

"Year Zero" takes place approximately 15 years in the future, with the U.S. a religious dictatorship and the world on the brink of environmental and social collapse. Reznor has indicated that he'd be interested in a film version of the story, and has also hinted at a recorded sequel at some point.

The rest of the Times interview, which took place at Reznor's home "on the outskirts of Beverly Hills," touches on his abandonment of the major label system, his recent online album releases, and his own struggle to reinvent himself in the age of music downloading.

At one point Reznor explains, "I don't agree that (music) should be free, but it is free, and you can either accept it or you can put your head in the sand." He also says he doesn't want to participate in the way music is marketed these days, adding, "I don't really want to be on the side of a bus or in a BlackBerry ad hawking some product that sucks just so I can get my record out."

A brand new NINE INCH NAILS album called "The Slip" was posted online last month as a free download at nin.com. The band's previous effort, "Ghosts I - IV", was issued in March in a variety of digital and physical configurations.

Reznor hinted in the Times article that more free music, and possibly new software applications, will be coming soon.
Should I call you Bullet? Tooth?
You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
yorrick brown
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Heyoucantlaughatthat on Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:09 am

I've never watched Grey's Anatomy or anything that Katherine Heigl's been in really, but I like her just a little more after reading this...

http://www.imdb.com/news/ns0000002/#ni0246770

Fievel wrote:Late Night With Jimmy Fallon
Not a Fallon fan here.
Not at all.

I've never been too big of a Fallon fan either, but they could have done so much worse (I'm looking at you, Carson Daly.)
Last edited by Heyoucantlaughatthat on Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Heyoucantlaughatthat
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby yorrick brown on Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:13 am

Heyoucantlaughatthat wrote:I've never watched Grey's Anatomy or anything that Katherine Heigl's been in really, but I like her just a little more after reading this...

http://www.imdb.com/news/ns0000002/#ni0246770

ha,good for her! ,bad for the writers of GREY tee heh.
yorrick brown
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Heyoucantlaughatthat on Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:22 am

I'm also happy that we're getting more Conan. My first avatar may feature the Snow Cone himself. I think Max Weinburg is the funniest sidekick too, Paul Schaeffer hasn't said a coherent sentence in years and Kevin Eubanks basically just laughs every time Leno insults him about how much he jerks off.
Heyoucantlaughatthat
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby hackett on Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:04 pm

Heyoucantlaughatthat wrote:I'm also happy that we're getting more Conan. My first avatar may feature the Snow Cone himself. I think Max Weinburg is the funniest sidekick too, Paul Schaeffer hasn't said a coherent sentence in years and Kevin Eubanks basically just laughs every time Leno insults him about how much he jerks off.

I wish Andy was back (as much as i love Max and La Bamba)
http://vimeo.com/pandachase - now in technicolor
hackett
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby LaDracul on Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:26 pm

Too soon? I found out VH1 is doing "I Love the New Millennium". Well, they're going up to last year, but I hope that the universe doesn't implode on itself if the show catches up to itself...
LaDracul
AIRWOLF

Postby yorrick brown on Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:24 am

Goldblum Joins Law & Order: Criminal Intent
Source: USA Network June 27, 2008

Academy Award® and Emmy® nominee Jeff Goldblum ("Raines," Jurassic Park) will join the cast of the USA Network hit original series "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" when it returns for its eighth season. The announcement was made today by Jeff Wachtel, USA's executive vice-president of original programming and Dick Wolf, Executive Producer and creator of "Law & Order: Criminal Intent."

USA recently picked up an eighth season for the hit series produced by Wolf Films and NBCU Cable Studio's. Created and executive produced by Emmy Award winning producer Dick Wolf and developed by Rene Balcer, "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" veers from the traditional "Law & Order" format by taking viewers into the minds of its criminals while following the psychological approaches the Major Case Squad uses to solve the crimes. The seventh season of "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" airs every Sunday at 9/8c on USA Network.

"Jeff is one of the most exciting actors around and is a perfect addition to the 'Law & Order: Criminal Intent' ensemble. We are very excited to see what new moves he will bring to the Major Case Squad," said Wachtel.

"Jeff's presence will add a new dimension to an already successful show," Wolf commented.

"I'm really excited to join this group of incredibly talented people," said Goldblum.

Chris Noth will be leaving the series after his third season as Detective Mike Logan with "Law & Order: Criminal Intent."

"Chris has been a member of the 'Law & Order' family since the beginning and Mike Logan is one of the most popular detectives in the history of television. We all wish him the best," Wolf said
yorrick brown
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby LaDracul on Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:47 am

A while ago, there had been rumblings of Disney Channel shorts featuring the Muppets and stars from their own series...and it's finally coming out as an hour-long special.

Studio DC: Almost Live
LaDracul
AIRWOLF

Postby Fievel on Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:57 am

yorrick brown wrote:Goldblum Joins Law & Order: Criminal Intent

Academy Award® and Emmy® nominee Jeff Goldblum ("Raines," Jurassic Park) will join the cast of the USA Network hit original series "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" when it returns for its eighth season. The announcement was made today by Jeff Wachtel, USA's executive vice-president of original programming and Dick Wolf, Executive Producer and creator of "Law & Order: Criminal Intent."

USA recently picked up an eighth season for the hit series produced by Wolf Films and NBCU Cable Studio's. Created and executive produced by Emmy Award winning producer Dick Wolf and developed by Rene Balcer, "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" veers from the traditional "Law & Order" format by taking viewers into the minds of its criminals while following the psychological approaches the Major Case Squad uses to solve the crimes. The seventh season of "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" airs every Sunday at 9/8c on USA Network.

"Jeff is one of the most exciting actors around and is a perfect addition to the 'Law & Order: Criminal Intent' ensemble. We are very excited to see what new moves he will bring to the Major Case Squad," said Wachtel.

"Jeff's presence will add a new dimension to an already successful show," Wolf commented.

"I'm really excited to join this group of incredibly talented people," said Goldblum.

Chris Noth will be leaving the series after his third season as Detective Mike Logan with "Law & Order: Criminal Intent."

"Chris has been a member of the 'Law & Order' family since the beginning and Mike Logan is one of the most popular detectives in the history of television. We all wish him the best," Wolf said

As a Law & Order junkie.... I like this casting.
I'm just wondering if Goldblum will play it straight or if he'll be creepy-cerebral.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Peven on Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:47 am

Fievel wrote:
yorrick brown wrote:Goldblum Joins Law & Order: Criminal Intent

As a Law & Order junkie.... I like this casting.
I'm just wondering if Goldblum will play it straight or if he'll be creepy-cerebral.

is it possible for Goldblum to play a character "straight"? i think they wanted another character like Goran, brilliant but quirkily flawed.

Peven
Is This Real Life?

PreviousNext

Return to Coaxial