Random Coaxial

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Re: No Reservations and The Layover

Postby TheButcher on Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:04 am

Bourdain rant sours relations with Travel Channel - 'The Layover' won't continue after season 2 as host focuses on CNN
AJ Marechal wrote:The recent blow-up between Anthony Bourdain and Travel Channel over the cabler's use of his voice and likeness in an ad for Cadillac illustrates an issue that's become a growing point of contention between reality TV talent and networks.

The spot aired in conjunction with Bourdain's long-running Travel skein "No Reservations." In a post Monday on his personal Tumblr blog, Bourdain ranted about what he saw as a violation of an understanding he had with Travel "where my name or image was never to be used to either endorse or imply use of a product without my specific agreement."

In Bourdain's view, "The network made a commercial, with me endorsing a product, and hadn't even bothered to ask me. After the first airing of the commercial, I let the network know of my extreme displeasure...They ran it again anyway."

Travel has since stopped airing the Cadillac spot.

As a result of the flap, Travel, which is owned by Scripps Networks Interactive, confirmed to Variety that Bourdain's other series, "Anthony Bourdain: The Layover," will conclude after its second season, which is set to bow Monday. Relationship between net and Bourdain had been positive before the debacle, even as Bourdain set up a nonexclusive deal at CNN to host "Parts Unknown," a show similar to "No Reservations" slated to launch early next year. Travel congratulated Bourdain on his CNN ventures in May and left the door open to future projects with the traveling chef.

Cadillac incident has turned the tide of Travel's well wishes, however. In a statement this week, cabler said it has "enjoyed a long and mutually beneficial relationship with Tony and his production team, but his decision to make further remarks on this matter in the public domain is unfortunate."

Industry sources say the situation that erupted between Bourdain and Travel is not uncommon, and that talent reps fight with networks frequently to protect a reality star's endorsement rights. Problem crops up particularly on formatted shows in the vein of "Celebrity Apprentice," where many segments involve cast members doing everything short of creating a commercial for a product featured in the episode.

Stature plays into bargaining, as unknown personalities have little leverage when it comes to protecting their image from overt product placement and implied endorsements.

"We always pay very significant attention to endorsement concepts as we realize that integrations, tie-ins and sponsorships are massive drivers of revenue for the networks and there is no union protection for talent here," said an attorney who reps reality talent. "We try to clamp down on the network's, and any third parties', ability to use our client's name or likeness in, and in connection with, integrations. We do this not only to manage our clients' brands but also to have a mechanism in place to negotiate for a piece of the resulting revenue."

Bourdain himself recognizes the shifting terrain of advertising on TV with the advent of DVRs. "Fewer and fewer people watch their favorite television programs in their scheduled time periods," he wrote in his post, titled "Fighting Mad." "People tend, under such circumstances, to skip -- or speed through -- commercials. For this reason, there's pressure from networks to 'integrate' products into the body of the actual shows whenever possible."

Insiders also point out that integration and endorsement contract clauses are rarely broached by the network. Instead, a reality star's representation team must raise the issue in negotiations.

For Bourdain, however, lost revenue was not what drove him to vent on Twitter and Tumblr about the Cadillac spot. He was mostly concerned that it reflected badly on his credibility as host of his show. "My inclination...has always been to do NO product integration of any kind," wrote Bourdain, emphasizing that he does not have a merchandise line even though he has been approached multiple times to launch one. "I was sensitive to the possibility that if I was seen taking money for saying nice things about a product, my comments and choices and opinions would become, understandably, suspect."

Bourdain hinted at possible legal action against Travel. His reps did not return calls seeking comment.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: The Blues Brothers

Postby TheButcher on Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:11 pm

'Blues Brothers' lands Canadian producer - Reworked Jake and Elwood tale makes steps toward TV deal
Stuart Levine wrote:The Blues Brothers are a step closer to landing a TV deal.

Canadian-based production shingle Reunion Pictures has signed on to the project. Pitching to Canuck networks will now commence shortly, with a pact from a U.S. net possibly to come afterward.

The idea for a show came to fruition more than a year ago when Judy Belushi -- wife of former frontman John Belushi, aka Jake Blues -- wrote a pilot with "Saturday Night Live" writer Anne Beatts, Wayne Catania and Kieron Lafferty. Dan Aykroyd, John Belushi's onscreen partner as Elwood Blues, is also an exec producer.

Script has the pair out of jail and Elwood Blues, who was raised in an orphanage, looking for his real dad.

Aykroyd, Beatts, Belushi and Eric Gardner of Panacea Entertainment will exec produce alongside Reunion principals Lisa Richardson, Matthew O'Connor, and Tom Rowe.

"Pacting with an A-list Canadian studio was a quintessential strategic component," Gardner said.

Following a Canuck deal, Gardner is hoping a Stateside net would come onboard. He also intends to pre-sell the project to international territories. "But we are not without a backup plan," Gardner amusingly added. "Sister Mary Stigmata is holding Thursdays at 9 p.m. on the Catholic Channel."

Said Aykroyd: "It is fitting and appropriate that this new generation's exposure to the Blues Brothers will be in the form of a Canadian-created show as the Blues Brothers started in Toronto when John and I put on the Don Walsh and the Downchild Blues Band's record 'Straight Up.' Our lives changed forever that night."

The Blues Brothers launched as a skit on "Saturday Night Live" in 1978 and then segued to the bigscreen. Their first self-titled Universal pic was directed by John Landis and earned more than $100 million worldwide.

"These are great American characters," Judy Belushi told Variety last year. "We want to keep them alive. We chose to introduce them as new characters but do it in an way that they have some history."

Added Beatts: "We're not trying to replicate Dan and John but Jake and Elwood."

If the pilot goes to series, each episode would include a musical number, presumably featuring a new Blues Brothers band.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Random Coaxial

Postby SilentBobX on Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:56 pm

I'm sorry but nothing good can come of this. I've never been a big fan of the film even though it was entertaining. I just never got the superhots for it that most folks seem to have. And Blues Brothers 2000 should've been the cement shoes that dropped this entire franchise out of sight. I can't say that I'm enthused.

Mahalo
SilentBobX
AIRWOLF

Re: The Blues Brothers

Postby TheButcher on Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:50 am

SilentBobX wrote:I'm sorry but nothing good can come of this. I've never been a big fan of the film even though it was entertaining. I just never got the superhots for it that most folks seem to have. And Blues Brothers 2000 should've been the cement shoes that dropped this entire franchise out of sight. I can't say that I'm enthused.

Mahalo

You're probably right, but I'm hoping for the best.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:14 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:55 pm

Greg Berlanti, Julie Plec's 'Tomorrow People' Among CW Pilot Orders
Lacey Rose & Lesley Goldberg wrote:Tomorrow People, based on a U.K. drama of the same name, tells the story of young people around the world who represent the next stage in human evolution who possess special powers, including the ability to teleport and communicate with one another telepathically. Together, they work to defeat the forces of evil.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:31 pm

TheButcher wrote:Greg Berlanti, Julie Plec's 'Tomorrow People' Among CW Pilot Orders
Lacey Rose & Lesley Goldberg wrote:Tomorrow People, based on a U.K. drama of the same name, tells the story of young people around the world who represent the next stage in human evolution who possess special powers, including the ability to teleport and communicate with one another telepathically. Together, they work to defeat the forces of evil.

Heroes?
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Bloo on Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:32 pm

TheBaxter wrote:
TheButcher wrote:Greg Berlanti, Julie Plec's 'Tomorrow People' Among CW Pilot Orders

Heroes?

Alphas?
The 4400?
That Ordinary Family one with the Commish Vic Mackey?

yeah just seems like, been there done that
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby so sorry on Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:59 pm

Bloo wrote:
TheBaxter wrote:

Heroes?

Alphas?
The 4400?
That Ordinary Family one with the Commish Vic Mackey?

yeah just seems like, been there done that

But this is the CW guys! That means hot young people, who will mope about as they defeat the forces of evil. And look hot. And bored. And rich.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Ribbons on Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:25 pm

Does anybody not remember the original Tomorrow People from Nickelodeon!? Yeesh you guys are old.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Al Shut on Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:09 am

That post confuses me. I do not remember a series called The Tomorrow People, probably because I'm too young.
Note to myself: Fix this image shit!
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby so sorry on Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:55 pm

Trailer for the Hannibal TV Series

Maybe I'm just in a super mood, but this looks fucking fantastic.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Fievel on Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:16 pm

so sorry wrote:Maybe I'm just in a super mood, but this looks fucking fantastic.

No, I agree, it really does look good. But... given that it's on NBC - network television, and that it has received almost no promotion so far.... it will fail.

This is a quality product of a quality franchise that should be on cable at a minimum and pay cable at best. Network television can't handle something like this. It's too intense, advertisers will fluctuate, the subject matter will probably draw complaints, and they'll throw it around different time slots until it dies. They knew they were wrong when they picked it up for those very reasons. So desperate for a hit, but so wrong and greedy to pick it up.

Question is, if they do end up losing interest in it, can they push/sell it to a cable channel where it could flourish?
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby so sorry on Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:45 pm

Frankly I'm shocked that a moderately successful feature films actor (Mads) took on a TV role, one that potentially had legs. Unless he knew it wouldn't last long, and saw it as a good opportunity to get his name and (grizzled) face out there).

As for the subject matter...I don't know. Implied gory violence and cannibalism can survive mainstream audiences I think. I don't watch any of those SVU/NCSI-type shows, but I've flipped by them and seen a few things. They don't hold back on nasty subject matter either.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby caruso_stalker217 on Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:18 am

I must admit, they have my attention.

caruso_stalker217
TOO AGED FOR THIS MALARKEY

Postby Al Shut on Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:49 am

so sorry wrote:Trailer for the Hannibal TV Series

Nope, unless your mood is trailer induced. looks great to me too
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby travis-dane on Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:21 am

Al Shut wrote:
so sorry wrote:Trailer for the Hannibal TV Series

Nope, unless your mood is trailer induced. looks great to me too

Yeah, it looks good, I am surprised how much gore there is.
-
Lesbian Nazi Hookers Abducted by UFOs and Forced Into Weight Loss Programs!
travis-dane
100% OLEG!

Postby DerLanghaarige on Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:16 pm

travis-dane wrote:Yeah, it looks good, I am surprised how much gore there is.

Yeah, it'S weird that the Network TV version seems to be gorier than the theatrical versions.
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby Ribbons on Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:13 pm

I don't know, the movies are pretty messed up at times, especially Hannibal (Ray Liotta eating his own brain, anyone?).

Is this going to be a period piece, or is it going to be sort of a prequel but also set in the present? And is Lecter a concentration camp refugee who learned to love cannibalism like eating Nazis like in Hannibal Rising? So many questions. I think the biggest question of all is whether they'll work in a "tuck scene" in honor of Buffalo Bill.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:39 am

the best thing about this show and these trailers so far is that hannibal actually seems like the least interesting part of the show. i think they could make the show entirely about will graham and not have hannibal at all and it would still be a good show. i always thought the manhunter/red dragon films never really captured the full potential of the empath as serial killer hunter aspect, and this show has a lot of potential in exploring that character. the dude playing will looks like he's going to nail it.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Re: 'Da Vinci's Demons

Postby TheButcher on Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:13 pm

Matt Fraction & Jonathan Hickman Join David S. Goyer's 'Da Vinci's Demons' For Season 2
Andy Khouri wrote:Longtime ComicsAlliance favorites for their work on books like Casanova, The Nightly News, Fantastic Four, Immortal Iron Fist, The Manhattan Projects, Hawkeye and more, comics writers Matt Fraction and Jonathan Hickman have confirmed they will be contributing two episodes to the second season of Da Vinci's Demons. A Starz network original series created by David S. Goyer (co-writer of The Dark Knight film trilogy), Da Vinci's Demons is a historical fantasy saga full of mystery and intrigue that imagines the early life of artist, inventor and, in the series, romantic adventurer Leonardo da Vinci.

"One of the best parts of this job is that you occasionally get to call up people you admire out of the blue and ask them if they want to play in your sandbox. Sometimes, they say 'yes,'" wrote Goyer on his website.

Appropriately both Fraction and Hickman are known for works in which they put forth some fantastical alternatives to what we know about various inventors and other geniuses of human history. In his and Steven Sanders' 2006 graphic novel The Five Fists of Science, Fraction imagined a kind of sinister pact between Nikola Tesla, Mark Twain and Bertha von Suttner to trick the world into ending war.

Reached for comment, Fraction told CA, "Da Vinci's Demons has everything I look for in a show as a viewer, from the vision of the creator to the caliber of writers to the narrative structure, intrigue, blood, sex, carnage, fun, and all points in-between. So as a writer to be asked by David to play in his sandbox is an amazing opportunity. Besides, Leonardo was always my second-favorite ninja turtle and I look forward to exploring his mythos with all of you."

Hickman agreed, writing via email, "I, obviously, echo everything Matt has said. When David let me read the first couple of scripts, I knew five pages into the pilot that they were on to something. So, I'm just incredibly honored that they extended the opportunity to come in and write for the show. It's fun, ambitious, and irreverent in all the right ways. Check it out if you get a chance."

Longtime Hickman readers will remember that Leonardo da Vinci was actually a character in his and Dustin Weaver's S.H.I.E.L.D. for Marvel Comics, also a historical fantasy dealing with real-life figures in epic struggles with secret societies of the distant past -- although with a distinctly science fiction/superhero angle, and not to be confused with the Goyer series.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby so sorry on Tue May 14, 2013 12:29 pm

Sleepy Hollow trailer

Looks well produced and funded (for now), but still looks pretty silly.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Al Shut on Tue May 14, 2013 1:14 pm

so silly (your cousin perhaps?) that I have to see this
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby TheBaxter on Tue May 14, 2013 3:03 pm

basically a tv version mashup of Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, Van Helsing, and Hansel and Gretel.

well, i saw AL:VH and VH, and they both sucked. never got around to seeing H&G.
this show looks well-made and well-cast, but i don't know if i can get past that silly premise. the time-travel fish-out-of-water jokes are bound to get old soon, but i'm a sucker for the headless horseman (<harry>i even dressed up as the headless horseman for halloween one year and won a best costume award</harry>), and the idea of making him one of the four horsemen of the apocalypse is kinda inspired. just wish they didn't have to use the old time travel and hidden secret society conspiracy cliches to make a series out of it.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Tue May 14, 2013 3:54 pm

Yeah it seems like it could work as a made-for-tv-movie, or maybe a short mini series. But there ain't know way this can be dragged out to an entire season, or more than 1 season.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby so sorry on Wed May 15, 2013 11:36 am

Seth Macfarlane's new TV comedy called Dads. This is groan worthy material. I'm not sure who drugged Giovani Ribisi into taking this gig. Maybe it was that little gremlin Seth Green (whom I can't stand).

This looks like a huge amount of unoriginal ass.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Al Shut on Wed May 15, 2013 11:59 am

I can't wait to not see this
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby TheBaxter on Wed May 15, 2013 12:20 pm

you had me not watching at seth green.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby caruso_stalker217 on Thu May 16, 2013 12:03 am

Bax. I'm sorry. I mean, I see you've typed words there, but I... I can't recall reading anything by you for, like, a year now.

Don't ever change.
caruso_stalker217

Postby Fievel on Thu May 16, 2013 1:25 am

The only thing worse than Seth Green smarmy being oozed onscreen is the same characteristic coming from Giovanni Ribisi. And all that does is bring out the anti-Scientologist racist in me and cause me to say "Fuck Ribisi!"
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby so sorry on Thu May 16, 2013 11:58 am

Well I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who thinks that Seth Green is a smarmy douche.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Thu May 16, 2013 12:44 pm

when the high point of your career is playing the son of dr. evil... that pretty much says it all right there.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby caruso_stalker217 on Sat May 18, 2013 2:48 am

Okay, I finally watched the video for some reason. It was the longest four minutes of my life. It looks cheap and also like shit. The jokes are bad. It's bad writing. The acting is also bad. I shouldn't feel sorry for Giovanni Ribisi at this point, but I do. Yes, he is better than this. Even Giovanni Ribisi is better than this. Do you hear me, MacFarlane, you fuck? Even Giovanni Ribisi is too good for this garbage you have slapped your name on. Also, Seth Green and Giovanni Ribisi are short little fuckers and they look very short together when they are on screen. Not even like children-sized. They look like ventriloquist dummies. That is how small they are. I feel really bad for Richard Moll. Or Martin Mull. Whichever the fuck was on "Roseanne".

Ribisi peaked with THE MOD SQUAD.

Yeah, I said it.

Fuck you.

It was an okay movie.
caruso_stalker217

Postby so sorry on Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:25 am

Full trailer for Larry David HBO movie Clear History

When I first saw the teaser (that really showed nothing about the movie) I kinda got excited. I'm a massive Curb fan. I heard read some good things about the Woody Allen flick he did too, although I never saw it.

But this... this literally looks like its a drawn out Curb Your Enthusiasm episode. Which on one hand is great, becuase I love Curb. But on the other hand, this isn't supposed to be Larry David living out this nightmare scenario. He's supposed to be "acting" like another character. But its just Larry David doing Larry David.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby so sorry on Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:46 pm

I have a confession to make: I watched a SyFi Channel movie last night. And I kinda liked it. :oops:

That movie? Sharknado. In case you aren't able to deduce what the movie was about, there's a hurricane that is sweeping the west coast, creating massive water spouts and tornados, that have sucked up thousands of sharks from the ocean and throws them all across Hollywood and Beverly Hills. Speaking of Beverly Hills, this movie stars Ian Ziering as a maverick badass dad who will stop at nothing to get his two estranged kids to safety. It also stars Tara Reid, playing Tara Reid playing Ian Ziering's ex wife. She basically stares at the sky as sharks rain down upon her.

This movie is rediculous on an extreme level, and its completely intentional. Zeiring cuts great white sharks in half with chain saws as they fly by him, he shoots them out of the sky hundreds of feet away with a pistol, and the ending...well, what he does in the end is nothing short of OLEG.

I'm not sure there's any way I'd be able to sit thru this again, but dammit I'm glad I stuck with it for one viewing.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Fievel on Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:13 pm

so sorry wrote:I have a confession to make: I watched a SyFi Channel movie last night. And I kinda liked it. :oops:

That movie? Sharknado. In case you aren't able to deduce what the movie was about, there's a hurricane that is sweeping the west coast, creating massive water spouts and tornados, that have sucked up thousands of sharks from the ocean and throws them all across Hollywood and Beverly Hills. Speaking of Beverly Hills, this movie stars Ian Ziering as a maverick badass dad who will stop at nothing to get his two estranged kids to safety. It also stars Tara Reid, playing Tara Reid playing Ian Ziering's ex wife. She basically stares at the sky as sharks rain down upon her.

This movie is rediculous on an extreme level, and its completely intentional. Zeiring cuts great white sharks in half with chain saws as they fly by him, he shoots them out of the sky hundreds of feet away with a pistol, and the ending...well, what he does in the end is nothing short of OLEG.

I'm not sure there's any way I'd be able to sit thru this again, but dammit I'm glad I stuck with it for one viewing.

This movie pretty much blew up my Facebook page. I may have to catch a repeat.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby so sorry on Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:34 pm

Fievel wrote:
so sorry wrote:I have a confession to make: I watched a SyFi Channel movie last night. And I kinda liked it. :oops:

This movie pretty much blew up my Facebook page. I may have to catch a repeat.

Yeah it was a phenomenon last night on social media.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby caruso_stalker217 on Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:44 pm

Wow. Sounds like Spandau finally sold one of his ideas.
caruso_stalker217

Postby Al Shut on Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:54 pm

Enough Said!

I like that
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby Ribbons on Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:34 pm

Yeah, seems pretty self-explanatory. Sharknado! It's a force of nature, like Octo-phoons
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:13 am

not that anybody cares, but i caught the season, er, series finale of 666 park avenue this weekend. i wasn't really too interested in the show, but since i'd seen it up to when it was cancelled, and i knew there were only a few episodes left once it came back on this summer, i figured i'd finish it off. i was pleased that they did actually wrap the show up in the final episode... even if it obviously wasn't actually meant to be the final episode. it's pretty obvious it was meant to end with a cliffhanger for season 2 (when the blonde chick finds out that evil john locke is her father) and the last 5 minutes were just tacked on to give the show an ending. if the "one year later" intro wasnt' a tip-off, or the whole out-of-nowhere introduction of the "you will give birth to the antichrist" story point, then probably the fact that this episode was titled "Lazarus Part 1" might be. alas, there will never be a "Lazarus Part 2" now.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:14 am

TheBaxter wrote:not that anybody cares, but i caught the season, er, series finale of 666 park avenue this weekend. i wasn't really too interested in the show, but since i'd seen it up to when it was cancelled, and i knew there were only a few episodes left once it came back on this summer, i figured i'd finish it off. i was pleased that they did actually wrap the show up in the final episode... even if it obviously wasn't actually meant to be the final episode. it's pretty obvious it was meant to end with a cliffhanger for season 2 (when the blonde chick finds out that evil john locke is her father) and the last 5 minutes were just tacked on to give the show an ending. if the "one year later" intro wasnt' a tip-off, or the whole out-of-nowhere introduction of the "you will give birth to the antichrist" story point, then probably the fact that this episode was titled "Lazarus Part 1" might be. alas, there will never be a "Lazarus Part 2" now.

Wow I had no idea they actually came back to finish off the season.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheButcher on Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:53 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Fievel on Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:55 pm

BBC's Original Drama Trailer

I want to see every single one of these shows (already watching Sherlock).
And as an American, I'm embarrassed at the current state of our network television after watching this. Cable is truly where to find the quality here.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Fievel on Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:03 pm

NBCU Switch-Up: Esquire Network to Take Over Style, Not G4

I wish they would have figured this shit out before E3 this past summer. Despite the constant "G4 sucks since they killed TechTV" rants, I always enjoyed their E3 coverage. Now that all of their personalities have gone elsewhere, it will be interesting to see what they scrap together.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:24 am

so i watched that sleepy hollow show last night. yes, the premise is ridiculous, but they speed through the setup so fast that you hardly notice. you barely even remember that ichabod crane started out as a soldier in the revolutionary war until the occasional reminder by the show when he encounters some kind of 21st century custom or technology that confuses him (and there's realistically speaking not enough of that, i would suppose a real 18th century transplant would spend about a month in a state of shock dealing with all the changes, even simple things like electric lights taking a while to accept). anyway it's entertaining enough to keep watching for now and the supernatural aspect looks like it will be pretty fun, and the time traveller aspect will eventually die away like it should once the main character is acclimated to his new surroundings. clancy brown, we hardly knew ye.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Re:

Postby TheButcher on Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:54 am

John Noble Joins Sleepy Hollow
- Fringe star John Noble is set to join FOX's modernized Sleepy Hollow series as a man of great power
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Re:

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:25 am

TheButcher wrote:John Noble Joins Sleepy Hollow
- Fringe star John Noble is set to join FOX's modernized Sleepy Hollow series as a man of great power

i dig it. but you left out the best part: anna torv is going to star in an HBO lesbian sex show. now THAT is exciting news.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:20 am

watched blacklist last night.

question: you have a very important meeting to finalize the adoption of your first child with your new husband. when do you schedule that interview for?
the answer, apparently, is on the lunch break for your very first day at a your new job as an fbi agent. :roll:
oh yeah, and your husband is the kind of schmuck who thinks you're using your job as an excuse not to go through with the adoption when you have to cancel the meeting because some little girl got kidnapped and you have to go find her. and this is AFTER you get picked up for work in the morning by a helicopter and a police escort of about 20 black SUVs flashing sirens and screeching to a halt at your front door.

this show is ridiculous. i like all the twists and turns but i have a feeling they are going to end up being more like 24 (out-of-nowhere twists that have no basis in logic or rational plotting) than, say, homeland.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:59 am

TheBaxter wrote:this show is ridiculous. i like all the twists and turns but i have a feeling they are going to end up being more like 24 (out-of-nowhere twists that have no basis in logic or rational plotting) than, say, homeland.

I'd guess this show doesn't last 24 episodes. Spader seems just perfect for the creepy mysterious mastermind criminal, but the set up (from the extended preview I saw) was so outlandish, that I decided this was too much for me to stomach.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

PreviousNext

Return to Coaxial