Random Coaxial

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Re: Random Coaxial

Postby caruso_stalker217 on Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:09 pm

I've been waiting for somebody to make this show.

http://www.wired.com/underwire/2013/09/ ... -show-fox/

Too bad it's going to get cancelled early.
caruso_stalker217
TOO AGED FOR THIS MALARKEY

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:40 pm

Sleepy Hollow gets 2nd season

i liked the premiere, but the last couple episodes have been kinda dull. i really wish they would've done this show as a period piece, instaed of time-shifting ichabod crane to the 21st century. this show could have been a lot creepier/spookier. still, it's not bad enough yet to stop watching, and there's still hope it can get better.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Re: NBC

Postby TheButcher on Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:36 pm

What Old NBC Shows Might The Peacock Consider Next?
Brian Steinberg wrote:B.J. And the Bear

Original Run:
February, 1979 to August, 1981

Original Premise: Trucker B.J. McKay and his pet chimpanzee Bear travel the nation’s highways while avoiding long arm of lawman Sherriff Lobo. In later episodes, McKay ran his own trucking concern and hired seven lady truckers to haul freight.

Potential New Premise: “Breaking Bad” meets “Every Which Way But Loose”: Down-and-out trucker must transport illicit goods across state lines to earn money to pay for sick daughter’s medical bills. Chimpanzee is old family pet who keeps lookout for the law.

Likelihood of rebirth: Slim. Animal activists have turned use of live animals in ads and TV shows into cause celebre, and many purveyors of entertainment routinely shun the practice. Could digital chimp prove viable substitute (Note to showrunners: Possible social media extensions)?
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:04 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:06 pm

TheButcher wrote:What Old NBC Shows Might The Peacock Consider Next?

Original Run:

Original Premise: Trucker B.J. McKay and his pet chimpanzee Bear travel the nation’s highways while avoiding long arm of lawman Sherriff Lobo. In later episodes, McKay ran his own trucking concern and hired seven lady truckers to haul freight.

Potential New Premise: “Breaking Bad” meets “Every Which Way But Loose”: Down-and-out trucker must transport illicit goods across state lines to earn money to pay for sick daughter’s medical bills. Chimpanzee is old family pet who keeps lookout for the law.

Likelihood of rebirth: Slim. Animal activists have turned use of live animals in ads and TV shows into cause celebre, and many purveyors of entertainment routinely shun the practice. Could digital chimp prove viable substitute (Note to showrunners: Possible social media extensions)?

i once rented a movie called "BJ and the Bear".

it was.... not what i expected.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:23 pm

TheBaxter wrote:
TheButcher wrote:What Old NBC Shows Might The Peacock Consider Next?

Original Run:

i once rented a movie called "BJ and the Bear".

it was.... not what i expected.

Did you get the movie suggestion from Burlivesleftnut? (old, OLD Zoner reference... :roll: )
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheButcher on Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:14 am

TV Review: ‘JFK,’ ‘Letters to Jackie: Remembering President Kennedy’
PBS, TLC docs find human side of Kennedy, amid numbing onslaught of 50th anniversary fare
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:25 am

i've been watching Dracula on NBC and it's been surprisingly good. higher quality than i would have expected, an excellent cast, and i'm glad they kept it a period piece instead of bringing it into the 21st century. don't know why they stuck it with a crappy Friday night time slot, but just like with Hannibal, NBC are the experts at screwing their good shows with poor scheduling.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:52 pm

TheBaxter wrote:i've been watching Dracula on NBC and it's been surprisingly good. higher quality than i would have expected, an excellent cast, and i'm glad they kept it a period piece instead of bringing it into the 21st century. don't know why they stuck it with a crappy Friday night time slot, but just like with Hannibal, NBC are the experts at screwing their good shows with poor scheduling.

I'm not even sure I knew this show existed... :oops:
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:11 pm

so sorry wrote:
TheBaxter wrote:i've been watching Dracula on NBC and it's been surprisingly good. higher quality than i would have expected, an excellent cast, and i'm glad they kept it a period piece instead of bringing it into the 21st century. don't know why they stuck it with a crappy Friday night time slot, but just like with Hannibal, NBC are the experts at screwing their good shows with poor scheduling.

I'm not even sure I knew this show existed... :oops:

lack of promotion... another way in which this show's treatment by NBC resembles Hannibal
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Fievel on Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:18 am

Watched Almost Human on FOX.
Herc absolutely trashed it.

I was completely entertained by it and look forward to watching it weekly...... (only to have it not get the numbers it needs to sustain a full season's order).
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby so sorry on Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:58 pm

So during The Walking Dead last night, AMC had a commercial for their Thanksgiving Weekend:

Gone With Then Wind Marathon - Weds
Godfather Marathon - Thursday
Hitchcock Marathon - Friday
Steven Segal Marathon - Saturday

"One of these things is not like the other..."
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:06 pm

so sorry wrote:So during The Walking Dead last night, AMC had a commercial for their Thanksgiving Weekend:

Gone With Then Wind Marathon - Weds
Godfather Marathon - Thursday
Hitchcock Marathon - Friday
Steven Segal Marathon - Saturday

"One of these things is not like the other..."

yeah, really. Gone With The Wind???? that's chick-movie crap!!!!
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Al Shut on Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:08 pm

What exactly is a Gone with the Wind marathon?
Showing it twice in a row?
Note to myself: Fix this image shit!
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby so sorry on Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:17 pm

Al Shut wrote:What exactly is a Gone with the Wind marathon?

Showing it 24 hours straight I believe...
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Fievel on Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:27 pm

so sorry wrote:
Al Shut wrote:What exactly is a Gone with the Wind marathon?

Showing it 24 hours straight I believe...

Let me know when they show it 24 hours gay.
Could at least make it interesting........
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby so sorry on Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:29 am

So they killed Brian last night on family guy.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Fievel on Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:19 pm

Watched the HBO show State of Play: Trophy Kids last night. They highlighted a documentary called Trophy Kids about parents who raise their kids to be star athletes. They focused on 4 sets of kids (one of them twin boys) playing different sports (football, golf, basketball, tennis). My wife had to stop watching it, calling it child abuse in regards to the way these parents treated their own children. I fully agreed but had to watch until the end. At the end, Peter Berg, who produced the series, led a roundtable discussion with former child sports prodigy Todd Marinovich and a sports psychologist. It was absolutely fascinating and a haunting look into the lives of kids trapped by their parents' ambition.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby so sorry on Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:05 pm

Fievel wrote:Watched the HBO show State of Play: Trophy Kids last night. They highlighted a documentary called Trophy Kids about parents who raise their kids to be star athletes. They focused on 4 sets of kids (one of them twin boys) playing different sports (football, golf, basketball, tennis). My wife had to stop watching it, calling it child abuse in regards to the way these parents treated their own children. I fully agreed but had to watch until the end. At the end, Peter Berg, who produced the series, led a roundtable discussion with former child sports prodigy Todd Marinovich and a sports psychologist. It was absolutely fascinating and a haunting look into the lives of kids trapped by their parents' ambition.

Interesting and scary. But that mentality of parents driving their kids too hard certainly goes beyond sports. They could do the exact same documentary and focus on four kids who are academically driven hard by their parents. And all these parents use the defense (right or wrong) that what they are doing is for the future benefit of their children. I often have thoughts about whether or not I'm doing enough to 'steer' my two girls into a better acedemic or activities based life, or if I should just sit back and let them go at their own speed and help when asked. Bottom line: parenting is fucking hard and there is no one correct path to follow.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Fievel on Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:59 pm

If you can, check out the show. It's fucking scary. One parent, the father of a young female golfer.... maybe 8-10 years max... openly talks about her "living his dream," getting sponsorships, etc. In other words, he wants her to be his cash cow. He openly swears at her on the golf course when she starts to shoot poorly. He threatens to "smack her in the mouth" because she's not listening to him. Like every one of these parents shown on this special, there is not one bit of positive reinforcement or encouragement shown. There is not one bit of genuine parental love or support shown. These kids are simply treated as products. Their parents are quitting their jobs in order to train their kids full time. They are investing thousands and thousands of dollars in camps, private instruction, etc. So when these kids "screw up" competitively, the parents absolutely rage on them.

You're right, there is no correct path to follow when it comes to parenting, but there's a clear general direction.... and none of these selfish fucks get it.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:23 pm

those who can, do; those who can't, have kids and force them to do what they can't
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Fievel on Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:23 pm

TheBaxter wrote:those who can, do; those who can't, have kids and force them to do what they can't

......and the hooooooome of theeeeee braaaaaaaave!

:D
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby so sorry on Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:19 pm

HBO CEO doesn't care if you share your HBO Go password...for now

So, uh, I know a guy, who may or may not have downloaded the HBO Go app for his iPad, and may or may not have used his cousin's HBO Go username and password, and may or may not have watched all of Game of Thrones (seasons 1 and 2 at the time). And this guy, lets call him Lo Siento, may or may not have felt pretty guilty about it. But fear not HBO, Lo Siento ended up getting utterly hooked on your Game of Thrones show, and went out and bought both Seasons on DVD, and is anxiously awaiting the release of Season 3, so you got a good bit of his money anyway.

Or so I've heard...8-)
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Al Shut on Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:10 pm

so sorry wrote: And this guy, lets call him Lo Siento, may or may not have felt pretty guilty about it.

Sounds pretty apologetic. :-P
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby Fievel on Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:35 pm

Al Shut wrote:
so sorry wrote: And this guy, lets call him Lo Siento, may or may not have felt pretty guilty about it.

He sounds so sorry indeed!

Wait a minute..... :shock:

I think we're 5 minutes from true a la carte offerings on the premium channels to go up against Netflix/Amazon Prime/Hulu/etc. They HAVE to.
If they don't break away from their cable/satellite exclusivity deals, they're going to continue to lose out on millions and millions monthly.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby so sorry on Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:38 pm

Fievel wrote:
Al Shut wrote:

He sounds so sorry indeed!

Wait a minute..... :shock:

I think we're 5 minutes from true a la carte offerings on the premium channels to go up against Netflix/Amazon Prime/Hulu/etc. They HAVE to.
If they don't break away from their cable/satellite exclusivity deals, they're going to continue to lose out on millions and millions monthly.

The a la carte debate for cable services is so damn huge. I just recently got a new Verizon channel list, and just for shits and giggles I underlined all the channels that get watched in my family (me, wife, and two under 8 year old girls). I think the total number was 15. If I were to add another 5 or so for "once in a while" viewings, that still keeps me grossly under the 200 or so channels that I currently subscribe to (even though I have a "basic" package).
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Ron Moore's Star Trek

Postby TheButcher on Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:42 am

Star Trek: The sci-fi saga's heart is in television, says Ron Moore
"You get a lot of CGI effects [in a film] which is the epic movie-making aspect of today. But when you get into the small screen, you need stories - entertaining, interesting, vital stories."
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Ron Moore's Star Trek

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:18 am

TheButcher wrote:Star Trek: The sci-fi saga's heart is in television, says Ron Moore
"You get a lot of CGI effects [in a film] which is the epic movie-making aspect of today. But when you get into the small screen, you need stories - entertaining, interesting, vital stories."

i agree. every movie has to be about saving the universe and big battles and shit, and most of the best episodes of the show were much smaller in scale and stakes. the one time they tried to do that in the films, Insurrection, it turned out horrible.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Peven on Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:59 am

"Almost Human" has been a welcome addition to my weekly tv viewing this season. Urban is solid as the troubled lead and his android side-kick does alright, too, I like the quasi serialized formula where each episode tells its own story but with elements of an overall story arc as well, an underlying mystery Urban is working to sort out. could be better, but could be much worse, and it has a lot of upside going for it depending on how far the writers want to take things

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Fievel on Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:41 pm

Peven wrote:"Almost Human" has been a welcome addition to my weekly tv viewing this season. Urban is solid as the troubled lead and his android side-kick does alright, too, I like the quasi serialized formula where each episode tells its own story but with elements of an overall story arc as well, an underlying mystery Urban is working to sort out. could be better, but could be much worse, and it has a lot of upside going for it depending on how far the writers want to take things

YES!

I absolutely love the show! Such a great surprise and ridiculously entertaining.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby caruso_stalker217 on Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:01 pm

I don't have cable or any of that shit, so my interest in serialized drama won't kick in until February 14 when the new season of House of Cards drops.
caruso_stalker217

Postby Fievel on Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:12 pm

Almost Human is on FOX.
Not cable.
Get dem bunny ears out! :lol:
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby caruso_stalker217 on Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:27 pm

What am I, a savage??
caruso_stalker217

Postby Fievel on Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:26 pm

caruso_stalker217 wrote:What am I, a savage??

Well? Are ya?

Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Re: Metal Hurlant

Postby TheButcher on Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:03 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Al Shut on Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:29 pm

What is a Skein?
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby so sorry on Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:38 pm

Al Shut wrote:What is a Skein?

Apparently its French Scifi, directed by an Italian, using English language, produced by an Asian company. I'm assuming they all wear outfits from Benetton.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Fievel on Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:13 pm

so sorry wrote:

Apparently its French Scifi, directed by an Italian, using English language, produced by an Asian company. I'm assuming they all wear outfits from Benetton.

IPAMPILASH!!!!
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:16 pm

it is a made-up word used by certain magazines in place of real words to make themselves feel cool.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Peven on Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:34 pm

isn't it a measure of yarn?

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Nickelodeon

Postby TheButcher on Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:27 am

Nickelodeon Greenlights New Comedy From Dan Schneider, Two Other Live-Action Series
NELLIE ANDREEVA wrote:Nickelodeon has given a 20-episode order to Henry Danger, a new crime-fighting comedy from the network’s top creator Dan Schneider who is behind eight Nick live-action series from the past two decades, Sam & Cat, Victorious, iCarly, Zoey 101, Drake & Josh, The Amanda Show, Kenan & Kel and All That.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:17 am

Study: U.S. Posted First Full-Year Pay TV Subscriber Drop in 2013
Cable, satellite TV and telecom firms collectively shed 251,000 video subscribers in 2013, led by continued cable losses, the research firm estimates.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

AMC's House of Buggin Reboot

Postby TheButcher on Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:16 pm

AMC Sets Projects With John Leguizamo & Wyatt Cenac As Part Of Push In Comedy
House Of Buggin' - Chicano Militant Minute
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: AMC's House of Buggin Reboot

Postby so sorry on Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:32 pm

TheButcher wrote:AMC Sets Projects With John Leguizamo & Wyatt Cenac As Part Of Push In Comedy
House Of Buggin' - Chicano Militant Minute

So the House of Buggin' was the latino version of In Living Color huh? Never heard of it....

Looked pretty funny
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Re: American Chopper Reboot

Postby TheButcher on Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:56 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Cinemax

Postby TheButcher on Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:04 am

Cinemax Has Become Uncomfortable in Its Skin
Cabler made its name with softcore fare, but changing times have shifted its focus to action
Last edited by TheButcher on Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheBaxter on Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:10 pm

TheButcher wrote:Cinemax Has Become Uncomfortable in Its Skin
Cabler made its name with softcore fare, but changing times have shifted its focus to action

TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Re: Chew

Postby TheButcher on Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:29 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Grim & Gritty Friday The 13th Reboot

Postby TheButcher on Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:34 am

‘Friday The 13th’ Scares Up Hourlong Series
MIKE FLEMING JR wrote:EXCLUSIVE:
After slicing and dicing his way through a dozen feature films, Jason Voorhees is ready to slash his way to small-screen stardom. Emmett/Furla/Oasis Films and Crystal Lake Entertainment have set a deal to produce a new hourlong dramatic series based upon the characters and settings of Friday The 13th. Sean S. Cunningham, who helmed the 1980 original, will be executive producer along with EFO Films principals Randall Emmett & George Furla, Mark Canton of Atmosphere Entertainment MM, Steve B. Harris of Diversion3 Entertainment, and Ted Fox of Fox Entertainment. Also producing is Horror Inc. president Robert Barsamian, who produced the features.

Bill Basso (Terminator) and Jordu Schell (Avatar) have been set to script a storyline that re-imagines Jason in multiple time periods. Roy Knyrim (Gods And Monsters) of SOTA FX will coordinate the special make-up effects for the series. If you recall, the original was set at a summer camp, closed because of the drowning of an unattended child. Promiscuous counselors tried to re-open the place, but they began dying. Jason actually took root as the indestructible villain in the second film, with his signature hockey goalie mask coming later. The series is contemporary, focusing on the eclectic characters of Crystal Lake who are forced to confront the return of the killer, as new secrets about his wacky family are revealed.

“Jason Voorhees is synonymous with the genre and we plan to build on this legacy with a provocative and compelling take that expands upon the storylines that have already thrilled millions worldwide,” explained Cunningham. Said Barsamian: “Expect the show to take viewers in some exciting new directions that we’re confident will not only excite existing fans of Friday The 13th but also attract new audiences to the situations and characters that inhabit the small town of Crystal Lake.”

Emmett and Furla said they sparked to the idea of continuing a horror touchstone with the original creatives. EFOF is currently in the middle of the John Singleton-directed Tupac, which was just acquired by Open Road and is casting up, as well as the Martin Scorsese-directed Silence with Andrew Garfield, Liam Neeson, Adam Driver, Ken Watanabe, and Issei Ogata. They are also backing the M Night Shyamalan-directed Labor Of Love, which reunites the filmmakers with The Sixth Sense and Unbreakable star Bruce Willis.

M Night Shyamalan's Jason vs Tupac

Friday the 13th (TV Series 1987–1990) - IMDb
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Grim & Gritty Friday The 13th Reboot

Postby TheBaxter on Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:21 am

TheButcher wrote:M Night Shyamalan's Jason vs Tupac

i put my money on tupac. machetes can't harm a hologram.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

PreviousNext

Return to Coaxial