The "Buffy, Slayer of The Vamp-iers" Thread

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:49 am

RogueScribner wrote:
At least Andrew gave her a "heroic" death. We all know the grisly truth, however. As disturbing as her death scene was, it's still loads better than what they did to Cordy. ;)

SECONDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby Seppuku on Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:56 am

Iconoclastica wrote:
seppukudkurosawa wrote:Doppleganger (just because without this ep Iconoclastica would cease to exist)

Angel: The Master rose. He let me live...to punish me. I kept hoping maybe you'd come. My destiny.
Buffy: Is this a 'get in my pants' thing? You guys in Sunnydale talk like I'm the Second Coming.

jk seppuku, you're the sweetest :oops: :wink:

Buffy: You wanna go out tonight?
Willow: Strangely, I feel like staying at home... and doing my homework... and flossing... and dying a virgin.

hehe fuck that shit . . . I'm getting motherfucking shitfaced ala post exam festivities tonight

And thanks for not pointing out how I totally screwed up the name of the episode (I did watch it though honest!), 'cause I should have put Dopplegangland.

Trying very hard not to make a Second Coming joke here...(I guess seeing Vampy Willow just puts me in that kind of mood).

Also, damn you're a woman who drinks White Russians! I think if anyone's going to be passing-out it'll be me thinking of that major coolness.

Be still my beating h-

EDIT: Chief Redcock, a.k.a. Master-Hacker Extroardinaire, please stick to stalking Iconoclastica on your own account!
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby Iconoclastica on Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:12 pm

haha yeah I'd first put it in quotes from "Dopplegangland," but decided that was against better etiquette . . . regardless, I like "The Wish" episode better just because it's such a damn mind blow to see how things could have been . . .

like, how would the zone be if the girls had never come around? Would there be mass chaos with blood, shattered glass, milk, and robot parts everywhere? or just a little less clever sexual humor, a lot more homoerotic undertone?

Oh yes, I can probably put up a good fight in a drinking contest with anyone on this board, Brits included . . . ended up not having any white russians last night . . . it was an evening with jose quervo and yeungling chasers :-)

I am Jack's broken heart
Iconoclastica
DEADLY ZONETTE

Postby Seppuku on Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:25 pm

If there were no girls around this dude would still be king:

But then all you pesky femme-bots showed up and stole our hearts away from him

And I agree with you about The Wish being more entertaining. I mean Willow doing an impression of Evil Willow doing an impression of good Willow doing an- wait let me start again...whatever, that scene was pretty damn hot. And it also started the whole lesbian Willow thang: seeing as how vamps still have the same personality traits as whoever they were before getting bitten, in the other dimension Willow was just less inhibited so let out the real Will.
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby Leckomaniac on Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:20 pm

"That's not a hart...that's a bambi..."

"NUMFAR...DO THE DANCE OF HONOR!"

Gotta love Pylea.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Iconoclastica on Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:30 pm

Comshoking the Groosalugg . . . hehehehehe

I am Jack's broken heart
Iconoclastica
DEADLY ZONETTE

Postby RogueScribner on Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:34 pm

seppukudkurosawa wrote:And I agree with you about The Wish being more entertaining. I mean Willow doing an impression of Evil Willow doing an impression of good Willow doing an- wait let me start again...whatever, that scene was pretty damn hot. And it also started the whole lesbian Willow thang: seeing as how vamps still have the same personality traits as whoever they were before getting bitten, in the other dimension Willow was just less inhibited so let out the real Will.

I believe you are referring to "Dopplegangland". Willow and Vampire Willow only interacted in that one episode. :) "The Wish" had the alternate reality where Cordy died and Buffy had to arrive from Cleveland to save the day.

Also, while in retrospect the "I think I'm kinda g@y" line was funny considering what later happened, there were no plans to make Willow a lesbian at that time. It was a silly joke that came true a year later. If Seth Green hadn't decided to leave the series, Willow would still be loving the man-meat.

But then, I suppose there's a little lesbian in all of us. ;)
Last edited by RogueScribner on Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Seppuku on Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:43 am

Sorry, I got a little fuddled and muddled there. To tell you the truth I just love the episodes, but don't really keep up with the names. So I can describe every single plot detail, from the make of Andrew's video-cam, to the exact skin tone of the Judge, but when it comes to remembering the titles I come over like I've just had my memory wiped like in the ep Tabula Rasa.
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby The Vicar on Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:00 am

there's a little lesbian in all of us

Great.
YOU can explain that to my wife....
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone

Postby Neo Zeed on Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:48 pm

Quote from Joss from http://www.empireonline.com/interviews_and_events/interview.asp?IID=459

We are trying to put together a Spike movie – I don’t know if it’s financially feasible. That’s what I’ve been working towards for the past several months, and I should know fairly soon whether or not something’s going to happen with that.

You would think for a guy like joss, who can get a cancelled show like Serenity a big budget movie, this Spike (TV movie/straight to DVD) thing should be a slam dunk. So what's the problem? Any thoughts? because I'm confused....
Neo Zeed
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby gtman8503 on Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:54 pm

It's gotta be a hectic time to try and put together a Spike movie. First of all...TV, so it has to have a much more limited budget than a regular movie. Maybe he's concerned he can't tell the story he wants to tell on a TV budget. Plus with Wonder Woman, Goners, X-Men, Serenity, and Buffy comics, Joss must be mucho busy.

Secondly, The WB and UPN are merging, so there may be some difficulty with that, since the movie would have been with the WB. I'm not up on all the CW stuff, but perhaps the WB doesn't want to finance the movie, just in case the CW decides not to air it, or something. Although, if I was going to President of the CW, I can't think of a better way to kick off my new network than with a Spike film. But I may be a bit biased.
gtman8503
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby Chairman Kaga on Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:49 am

So who is better Spike or Angel?
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby cinephile2000 on Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:23 am

Spike, Angels to much of a baby.
Just remember, your special like everyone else.
cinephile2000
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby cap on Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:29 am

Have to go with Angel.

Although I agree that Angel can be a baby, Spike is to irrational at times to deal with situations properly.

Ambition - The journey of a thousand miles sometimes ends very, very badly
cap
AIRWOLF

Postby The Vicar on Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:17 am

Angel.
Spike hasn't "matured" enough yet,
although that journey could be interesting as well.
The Vicar

Postby RogueScribner on Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:45 pm

As much as Angel can be petty, Spike can let his emotions rule him. But when it really comes down to it, Angel is the man. Anyone who doubts this missed the entire point of "Not Fade Away".
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Leckomaniac on Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:30 pm

I would have to go with Angel as well.

But Spike is hilarious.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Chairman Kaga on Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:26 am

I think Spike is "better" per se because Angel is really just a fluke. He is good only because of a curse while Spike went out of his way to become good.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Iconoclastica on Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:40 am

Chairman Kaga wrote:I think Spike is "better" per se because Angel is really just a fluke. He is good only because of a curse while Spike went out of his way to become good.

I think "Angel being good only because of a curse" is really what makes him all the more admirable of the two. Spike's heroicism is excruitiatingly intentional . . . forced, even. His motive is relatively petty (Buffy's affection), which initially is driven by nothing more than lust and the thrill of the chase. Angel fell into his role against his will . . . consequently, everything about his heroic deeds was instinctive, and even more impressive, nobel. He had no holy grail or grande prize ahead of him . . . he (or, fine, the soul he was cursed with) just needed to protect and do good. Even with buffy, his initial instinct was never lust or even love . . . it was paternalism. And damn, did he earn her.

Spike is awesome . . . for comic relief and eye candy . . . but the greatest thing about him was that he was only rarely worth taking seriously, and once he slid into a more serious role, his greatest qualities still continued to be based on not much more than pure irony.

I am Jack's broken heart
Iconoclastica
DEADLY ZONETTE

Postby Chairman Kaga on Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:53 am

I disagree Angel is unnaturally good. The curse twists what he is against his will to be something deep down he isn't while Spike over his arc (though his reasons for doing so were less then noble) grew of his own will to do so. Well technically he was originally just as inhibited by his chip as Angel is by his curse but once that was removed he continued to stay "good" while if the same was done to Angel that would not be the result. Even as a vamp in the beginning Spike is shown as more compassionate than Angelus ever was what with the turning his mother bit.....though that didn't work all that well. I don't find it noble that Angel steered himself, once cursed, in the goody-goody direction solely pushed by his guilt.

Of course this is what makes the show enjoyable to discuss relating to characters in different ways.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Iconoclastica on Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:09 am

Chairman Kaga wrote:I disagree Angel is unnaturally good. The curse twists what he is against his will to be something deep down he isn't while Spike over his arc (though his reasons for doing so were less then noble) grew of his own will to do so. Well technically he was originally just as inhibited by his chip as Angel is by his curse but once that was removed he continued to stay "good" while if the same was done to Angel that would not be the result. Even as a vamp in the beginning Spike is shown as more compassionate than Angelus ever was what with the turning his mother bit.....though that didn't work all that well. I don't find it noble that Angel steered himself, once cursed, in the goody-goody direction solely pushed by his guilt.

Wow, I couldn't disagree with you more. First comes first, let's get the question straight. You asked it: "Who is better?" You didn't ask, "who is better natured," or "who is the better good guy" . . . just "who is better?" So is this in the nature of "who is cooler" . . . or "who is a 'better' individual in terms of moral fiber, etc."

Coolness, etc, well then, it's hands down. Spike is a pussy. Angel constantly struggles to overcome inner demons, both those of his time as Angelus, and of his life before becoming Angelus. He was a waste of life, and yet with his second chance at a soul, he made something of himself. Damn, if succumbing to the overwhelming guilt from decades of bloodshed is abnoble, I don't see how feeding into meaningles lust (the one and only thing that drives Spike's all-but-large-scale "transformation") can possibly constitute as noble.

If you want to make it a question of who is better natured as a sum of their soulled and soulless selves, sure, Spike is. He was a softy as a vampire because he was a softy as a human being. He was an emotional cripple while he was alive, and his vampire self fed into that . . . his driving force was alway his "heart," and if that meant he had to play bad-boy to win over the one he "loved", then that's what he did . . . so sure, he wasn't as evil as Angelus . . . but Spike with a soul was hardly any different then Spike without a soul . . . the differential for Angel/Angelus was far more substantial, and Angel(+soul) was a far "better" individual than Spike+soul.

I am Jack's broken heart
Iconoclastica
DEADLY ZONETTE

Postby bluebottle on Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:23 am

ahh, but then who deserved to be with Buffy? Spike or Angel? Spike loved Buffy with or without a soul, while Angel only loved Buffy when he had a soul.

:D
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Iconoclastica on Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:35 am

Bluebottle wrote:ahh, but then who deserved to be with Buffy? Spike or Angel? Spike loved Buffy with or without a soul, while Angel only loved Buffy when he had a soul.

:D

haha you bastard. J/k . . . kinda

I refuse to take Spike's version of love nearly as seriously as Angel's . . . with Angel it was epic . . . it was genuine . . . with Spike, it was, as I said before, the thrill of the chase . . . it was petty and vindictive and right for all of the wrong reasons. Considering that Spike's love for her was the same with and without the soul, that should give it away . . . he loved her on a physical, animalistic level through and through . . . Angel's love for her was based solely in his humanity, and not to be trite, but it really did originate from the depths of his soul. :wink:

I am Jack's broken heart
Iconoclastica
DEADLY ZONETTE

Postby Chairman Kaga on Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:33 am

I intentionally didn't quantify the term "better" just to see what people would post.
For me it still comes down to Spike's Free Will to obtain a soul and thus better himself vs Angel's bondage to his soul.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Iconoclastica on Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:39 am

Chairman Kaga wrote:I intentionally didn't quantify the term "better" just to see what people would post.

haha you sly fucker . . .

well played :wink:. I still stand by my opinion that Angel is just a fuckton more badass than Spike . . . Spike is far from fearless, and his "free will" was nothing more than a reflection of how far he'll go in the name of his penis . . . in Angel's defense, you don't become a champion of so many damn pursuits because of something as demeaning as "bondage" . . . it's his redemption, and he earns every painstaking effort he puts into it. He has this colossal burden upon him, and instead of dwelling in self pity (like he did do for a period of time), he overcomes an incomprehensible level of adversity to attempt to right his wrongs. Damn, I don't see how that even compares to a horny, whiney wannabe punk.

EDIT: I gotta crash I got class in the morning . . . but we WILL continue this debate :-p

I am Jack's broken heart
Iconoclastica
DEADLY ZONETTE

Postby RogueScribner on Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:34 am

There is no equitable way to compare Angel with Spike because they are two different beings with two different paths that were miles apart. Spike was inhibited with his chip. The first time he thought his chip was out, he tried to kill again. Hell, with the chip in his head, he chose to feed off a human and this was amidst his puppy love phase with Buffy. Spike took pleasure in causing Buffy pain until he got his soul. Soulless Spike is no better than Soulless Angel. They're both self-involved monsters.

The chip forced Spike to make good with the Scoobies or risk death. You act a certain way for a while and you'll get used to it. But Spike was hardly a good guy. Eventually, the demon in him was bound to rear its ugly head and it did. What caused Spike to fight for his soul was the fact that he thought that's what Buffy would want. He didn't do it for any altruistic reason. He did it in an effort to please the object of his obsession, to win her back. Spike has been a "fool for love" his entire life, but moreso when he was chipped because the world he knew suddenly turned its back on him. His lifelong Slayer obsession transformed into a Buffy-specific obsession which in turn transformed into a sado-masochistic love-hate relationship with her. He thought he loved her as much as he thought Drusilla loved him. But Buffy never loved Spike. And when she spurned him he didn't understand why and when she made it clear she never could love a monster, he decided to make one last ditch attempt to please the only piece of the world he cared about. Spike has always been tethered to the world by the women in his life. His mom was long gone, he was never going to get Dru back, Buffy was his last shot at happiness again. So he did what he thought she wanted: Spike got his soul. Does this make him better than Angel? No, just different.

Angel had his soul forced upon him, sure. But we forget that Angel also had a chance to live as a human and turned it down. Angel had a chance to grab the brass ring in the Shanshu prophecy and he signed that away as well. Angel gave up his son because he wanted Connor to have the life he deserved. Angel left Buffy because she deserved better than what Angel could provide her. Angel didn't have a support system to the path of good like Spike did. Angel took 100 years to find his way, but he did all the same. Angel could make the hard decisions where Spike never could. Angel could willfully sacrifice for the greater good where Spike would fight tooth and nail for what he feels.

It's the Caveman vs. Astronaut argument all over again. In my mind, Spike is the caveman and Angel is the astronaut. They both have their strengths and they both have their weaknesses. Who would win in a fight? That's the debate for the ages.

In my mind, Angel wins. :P

But Spike could get there one day . . .
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby The Vicar on Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:44 am

Chairman Kaga wrote:I intentionally didn't quantify the term "better" just to see what people would post.
For me it still comes down to Spike's Free Will to obtain a soul and thus better himself vs Angel's bondage to his soul.

Free will?
I thought Spike got his soul by accident.
He asked the demon in the cave to "make me the man I was".
What he should have said was " make me the vampire I was"...
cause the next thing you know, that silly old demon returned Spike's soul to him.
Making him the man he used to be.
I don't think he said
"Gimme back my soul."

If I remembered incorrectly, I'm sure the consequences, along with the distain & abuse, will be forthcoming.
The Vicar

Postby RogueScribner on Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:33 pm

You remembered correctly, but it was a deliberate mislead on the producers' part. Joss has said Spike went for his soul. It wasn't an accident. Plus Spike confirms as much in later episodes, when he tells Buffy he went there to get his soul because that's what he thought she wanted.

I don't think Spike really grew into his new skin until AtS S5. For the first time in his life, he wasn't bound by a woman anymore. He was truly on his own, left to find his own purpose in the world. Luckily Angel was there to set a good example. ;)
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby The Vicar on Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:40 pm

Damn I hate those deliberate misleads.

I didn't catch all the action on Buffy during seasons six & seven, so if Joss was dispensing that info then, I surely did miss it.
The Vicar

Postby Iconoclastica on Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:59 pm

RogueScribner wrote:There is no equitable way to compare Angel with Spike because they are two different beings with two different paths that were miles apart. Spike was inhibited with his chip. The first time he thought his chip was out, he tried to kill again. Hell, with the chip in his head, he chose to feed off a human and this was amidst his puppy love phase with Buffy. Spike took pleasure in causing Buffy pain until he got his soul. Soulless Spike is no better than Soulless Angel. They're both self-involved monsters.

While I love your reference to the caveman vs. astronaut debate, I still disagree . . . you proved why Angel is so much cooler in what you said about him . . . and anyway, Angelus is so much more cunning and evil than soulless Spike. I can't see any logic in saying that they're equally self-involved monsters, yet still can't be compared to each other.

There's a finesse to being a villain. Angelus's version of that was through his meticulate psychological dissection of his victims. Spike's version of that was in his haste and over-zealousness in an attempt to compensate for his spinelessness. Angelus was an artist. Spike was a bully and a momma's boy. Comparable, yes . . . equal, no.

I am Jack's broken heart
Iconoclastica
DEADLY ZONETTE

Postby The Vicar on Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:13 pm

Thus Iconoclastica:

"Angelus was an artist. Spike was a bully and a momma's boy. "

That pegs it quite succinctly.
Its also why I never found Spike all that interesting, except in a few places.
I really dislike bullies.
One the lower forms of life on this planet.
The Vicar

Postby Iconoclastica on Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:17 pm

haha I hear ya, man

EDIT: ::group hug:: :wink:

I am Jack's broken heart
Iconoclastica
DEADLY ZONETTE

Postby The Vicar on Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:31 pm

Iconoclastica wrote:haha I hear ya, man

EDIT: ::group hug:: :wink:

You're sweet.

Around here it's usually group-kicks-in-the-groin.

Or some other form of circle-jerking entertainment.

Thanks for saving the day....
The Vicar

Postby Chairman Kaga on Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:55 pm

Angelus was definitely a better villian.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby RogueScribner on Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:16 am

Which Angelus was better? S2 Buffy or S4 Angel? S4A Angelus seemed more diabolical, but S2B Angelus not only tore Buffy's heart out and stomped on it, not only did he murder the beloved Jenny Calendar, not only did he try to end the world, but he also KILLED WILLOW'S GOLDFISH!!!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:19 am

RogueScribner wrote:Which Angelus was better? S2 Buffy or S4 Angel? S4A Angelus seemed more diabolical, but S2B Angelus not only tore Buffy's heart out and stomped on it, not only did he murder the beloved Jenny Calendar, not only did he try to end the world, but he also KILLED WILLOW'S GOLDFISH!!!

S2 Buffy. The whole murder and posing of Jenny Calendar just to fuck with Giles (and by extension fuck with Buffy) is absolute evil. He took the time to sprinkle rose petals on the stairs for fucksake! That's evil.
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby Leckomaniac on Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:56 am

So I never watched either Buffy or Angel when they were on air...but I have downloaded all seven seasons of Buffy and all 5 of Angel...well I am currently on season 6 of Buffy and I must say "Once More With Feeling" blew me away.

Both that episode and "Hush" were totally hyped up for me...personally I didn't see anything all that cool about "Hush"...I mean it was cool but not as cool as everyone made it out to be...but "Once More With Feeling" was amazing...I had to watch it three times...just great.

However, I must say that for me there has only been 3 characters that I like...Buffy, Angel, and Spike...I can't stand Willow at all...Xander gets annoying...Anya was funny for a while...but it got real old fast...Giles has his moments...and Oz was cool until he left.

The fact that I want all the supporting characters to die at all times is never a good sign (especially lesbian with Willow...gosh how obnoxious)...maybe it is just because I am watching all these episodes in a row...without that week long interval between episodes...so they tend to crawl under my skin.

Angel definitely had a better supporting cast...except Gun...he was kind of annoying too.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby The Vicar on Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:02 am

Lord Voldemoo wrote:S2 Buffy. The whole murder and posing of Jenny Calendar just to fuck with Giles (and by extension fuck with Buffy) is absolute evil. He took the time to sprinkle rose petals on the stairs for fucksake! That's evil.

If I were Giles I still would have killed Angel - soul or no soul.
Damn, I too had a bad case of the Jenny Calendars.
The Vicar

Postby cap on Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:32 am

The Vicar wrote:
Lord Voldemoo wrote:S2 Buffy. The whole murder and posing of Jenny Calendar just to fuck with Giles (and by extension fuck with Buffy) is absolute evil. He took the time to sprinkle rose petals on the stairs for fucksake! That's evil.

If I were Giles I still would have killed Angel - soul or no soul.
Damn, I too had a bad case of the Jenny Calendars.

Agreed and agreed.

You always could understand the lingering hatred between the two from that point forward.

cap
AIRWOLF

Postby RogueScribner on Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:57 pm

Is it any wonder why Giles was quick to dismiss Angel in S5 Ats? "Working for Wolfram & Hart still?" *click*
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby cap on Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:00 pm

Not wondering. Just another in many of the things that make the Buffyverse what it is.... Way Way Way too much tension...

Just kill each other and get it over with.

cap
AIRWOLF

Postby The Vicar on Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:07 pm

cap wrote:Not wondering. Just another in many of the things that make the Buffyverse what it is.... Way Way Way too much tension...

That would work if people in the Buffy-verse would only stop coming back from the dead.
The Vicar

Postby RogueScribner on Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:10 pm

The Vicar wrote:
cap wrote:Not wondering. Just another in many of the things that make the Buffyverse what it is.... Way Way Way too much tension...

That would work if people in the Buffy-verse would only stop coming back from the dead.

W3RD!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Iconoclastica on Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:21 pm

RogueScribner wrote:
The Vicar wrote:

W3RD!

IPAMPILASH, indeed

hell, at least Tara never *technically* came back . . . thank holy hell that potential last season episode where Buffy would have wished her back never came to pass . . . I'm finally seeing the light on that

I am Jack's broken heart
Iconoclastica
DEADLY ZONETTE

Postby cap on Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:26 pm

Iconoclastica wrote:
RogueScribner wrote:
The Vicar wrote:

W3RD!

IPAMPILASH, indeed

hell, at least Tara never *technically* came back . . . thank holy hell that potential last season episode where Buffy would have wished her back never came to pass . . . I'm finally seeing the light on that

Agreed

Agreed

And definitely agreed. Even though I came late to the Buffyverse, if they would have brought Tara back it would have made most of S6 entirely moot.

cap
AIRWOLF

Postby The Vicar on Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:40 pm

Hot Buffy Buttcheeks!

I got me an IPAMPILASH !

Thanks for salvaging another crappy day,
Iconoclastica.

Its vicodeine time!
The Vicar

Postby Chairman Kaga on Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:43 pm

In that never happened wish scenario Buffy shouldd use it on Jenny Calendar...
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Iconoclastica on Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:47 pm

hehe happy to be of service, vicar . . . I've been trying to dissect the show more lately thanks to the *evil temptage* of this thread . . . and that's one thing that's just been getting to me . . . the show tries to achieve depth, not to mention an incredible level of shock value . . . and it succeeds at that endlessly . . . and I love zombies, I'm "meh" about ghosts . . . but I can't deal with the fucking with death and mashing of the different excuses of undeadness . . .

heh but I love most everything about the shows regardless (sans the AtS Cordelia death/god/Conner shit, but I adored the way it was all ultimately resolved/integrated into the final season . . . i.e. the end definitely overcame the BULLSHIT means), so I'm not really criticizing . . . just whining mindlessly 8)

I am Jack's broken heart
Iconoclastica
DEADLY ZONETTE

Postby The Vicar on Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:59 pm

Iconoclastica wrote:hehe happy to be of service, vicar . . . I've been trying to dissect the show more lately thanks to the *evil temptage* of this thread . . . and that's one thing that's just been getting to me . . . the show tries to achieve depth, not to mention an incredible level of shock value . . . and it succeeds at that endlessly . . . and I love zombies, I'm "meh" about ghosts . . . but I can't deal with the fucking with death and mashing of the different excuses of undeadness . . .

heh but I love most everything about the shows regardless (sans the AtS Cordelia death/god/Conner shit, but I adored the way it was all ultimately resolved/integrated into the final season . . . i.e. the end definitely overcame the BULLSHIT means), so I'm not really criticizing . . . just whining mindlessly 8)

Not at all.
I nearly tuned out during that whole "Cordelia death/god/Conner shit", but there were just too many excellant episodes that kept bobbing to the surface to stay tuned out.
Is this is good time to whine that Cordy should have never cut her hair?
The Vicar

Postby RogueScribner on Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:08 pm

The Vicar wrote:Not at all.
I nearly tuned out during that whole "Cordelia death/god/Conner shit", but there were just too many excellant episodes that kept bobbing to the surface to stay tuned out.
Is this is good time to whine that Cordy should have never cut her hair?

Worse than cutting her hair, Cordy's personality shouldn't have completely changed in late S3. The Cordy I know would never have turned her back on Wesley without getting all the facts first! And then she thinks she's saintly enough to ascend with the higher powers? Puh-leeze!

Chairman Kaga wrote:In that never happened wish scenario Buffy shouldd use it on Jenny Calendar...

Or better yet, wish the hellmouth never existed in the first place. Imagine ALL the lives saved!

It'd be really funny if Buffy wished everyday was a musical day . . . ;)
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

PreviousNext

Return to Coaxial