Celebrity Paranormal Project

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

This show...

looks like crap
30%
looks awesome
30%
I refuse to look
10%
Kong
30%

Total votes : 10

Postby tfactor on Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:02 pm

Well I've mentioned in the past how much I loved MTVs Fear and how I long for its return, though I'm pretty sure something happened on a legal level that will prevent it from ever returning I was pleasantly surprised yesterday when I saw this:

You can actually watch the entire premiere episode right there on VH1's website. We haven't watched it yet but tbh I freaked the fuck out when I saw the commercials for this and I wanted to share. Basically this is almost exactly like MTVs Fear except they've replaced the potential lawsuit teens with actors who've .. well, lets just say they've passed their peak!

I'm very much looking forward to watching this tonight, what do you people think?
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:07 pm

i think half of those "celebrities" have already been on Celebrity Fit Club. does vh1 have some kind of top secret holding pen where they keep all the has-been celebrities, and then trot them out every time they have a new series?

also, i can't imagine anything on this show being scarier than scarey busey.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Fried Gold on Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:11 pm

It's sounds a bit like I'm Famous and Frightened which pitted such celebrities as Keith Chegwin and Gary Bushell against hoardes of poltergeists in an old manor house.

But this has the extra added crazy of Gary Busey.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tfactor on Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:19 pm

I don't know about a holding pen for other celebs but if anything I would think they would need something to get Busey to actually go home at the end of the day - not keep him there.

"No Gary, you can't sleep here, the set is closed"
"but I'd like to explain how life .."
"No Gary! please, no more explaining, just go home"
"But if the aliens are watching us..."
"Gary, I swear to god, I'm going to shoot you in the face if you don't go home"
"alright fine but I'll be back tomorrow at 5am"
"yeah ok gary, and you'll be sitting outside until 9am when the rest of the world gets to work"
"thats fine I will make a connection with the building"
"Yes I know you will gary ... I know you will"
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby Saffy on Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:49 pm

Busey+camera= Craptastic!
Saffy
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Bob Samonkey on Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:14 pm

"Gary is the scariest thing on this show" actually being uttered made me know that I will be sitting this show out...

I blame the MLB for making me watch it.
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby buster00 on Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:13 pm

Hey, I've always wondered whether or not Donna d'Errico could be fooled into thinking that ghosts exist.

And I've always wondered what happened to Jenna from "Survivor."

Oh, wait. No I didn't.

Looks like crap. Also, Kong.
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Bob Samonkey on Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:25 pm

I think the crew makes all of the sounds they hear as well.
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby justcheckin on Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:30 pm

It looks like a good creepy scare. Funny to see B list, or maybe lower, actors get scared shitless on TV. I'll watch it just to check it out. It might be cool.
justcheckin
AIRWOLF

Postby tfactor on Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:51 am

OK so we watched this last night and I liked it a lot! which I know means some of you will automatically dislike it but I don't really care.

This show is an exact re-enactment of Fear down to the smallest detail. My only hesitance in watching this was that these are nolonger teens that you know are being genuinely scared but rather actors who can just act scared. But that didn't end up bothering me as several of them did seem really scared.

I am pretty sure that the sounds/effects are generated by the shows producers or whatever and I don't suspect much is actual ghosts or spirits, but who cares? if it succeeds in scaring the person with the camera in their face, seriously who cares? I watch this show to see people get scared and the more scared they get the better the show.

I don't expect most of you to like this as it is extremely cheesey but again I was a huge fan of MTVs Fear, and when they just suddenly stopped airing those episodes I was pissed. So personally I'm just happy this concept is back on TV and I can't wait to see what other celebs they get to scare
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby ONeillSG1 on Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:36 am

They have Ethan Zohn AND Rachel Hunter?

I'm down!!!

Kong.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby HollywoodBabylon on Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:57 am

How about a 'Celebrity Paranoid Project', perhaps hosted by Miss Persecution Complex herself.....Heather Mills McCartney???
HollywoodBabylon
AIRWOLF

Postby tfactor on Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:23 pm

OK episode #2 was on last night and in case you missed it click here

ok first of all Tony Little is a freak to the core and I'm guessing that guy is seriously hoping to get an acting job outside of info-mercials from his participation in CPP, as unlikely as that may be.

2ndly Godfrey is a total pussy, he's pretty funny but overall he was a little scaredy cat. I'm not sure if he was instructed to leave Rachel Hunter in that room or if he did it on his own but as they showed it took Tony & everyone else begging him to get him to turn around and not leave Rachel in the exam room ALONE!

3rdly Bingham was absolutely annoying, I don't know if she to is hoping to get some acting work from this but her performance was crap.

Rachel Hunter and Ethan were the hotness last night, Rachel pretty much had to be dragged away from the investigation - she wanted to stay longer on all the missions and to quote her "if you're going to do something, might as well do it 110 percent" - she actually got pissed off when bingham made her leave a mission early because rachel wanted to keep going! .. to quote slither; bitch is hardcore!

Ethan was one of the more honest characters portrayed and I liked that he had the balls to stick it out in that room when his flashlight went dead. I remember that happened on Fear once and the person freaked the hell out! but Ethan just sat there in the dark until annoying tony returned to get him. personally I would like it if they put the actors on more solo missions and made them wait long periods of time like rachel had to in that room, but thats just me.

Best part of the show, was how freaked out and how fast they all moved back to the main shed after the final challenge. I accept that this show is more than likely 100% fabricated and the environment is seriously tampered with to create a lot of these scaring effects but I don't care. I LOVE WATCHING PEOPLE GET SCARED! and I hope they never stop making these episodes.

Next week: Mariel Hemingway, Joe Piscopo, gold medalist Picado Street, Tonya Cooley and yet another baywatch-er Micheal Bergin
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby tfactor on Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:20 am

in case you missed it, I watched the new episode from sunday last night, and again I love the concept of this show, but once again they managed to almost completely screw this up.

Last night we saw Mariel Hemingway, Joe Piscopo, gold medalist Picado Street, Tonya Cooley and yet another baywatch-er Micheal Bergin, right?

My opinion is that this show is fake (obviously) so trying to pretend otherwise is just stupid, so as I see it the shows purpose is to scare the crap out of people. That being said...

At the end of the episodes they all have to go to the place the found most hauted and do a little seance, well Picado was the "channeler" and they usually ask the "ghost" to make contact thru the channeler and then they ask it questions but nothing has ever actually happened, until last night; Picado was answering the question as if possessed by the ghost.

I was reminded of a time when I was a child and I had my first encounter with a ouija board, there was always that one person pushing the stupid fucking thing around, last night picado was that person.

Anyway the show need to focus more on scaring people and a whole lot less on proving the existence of paranormal entities. Becasue truth be told if you scare people enough, I will watch - but all this other stuff I could care less about.

next weeks episode looks better but we'll see; Traci Lords, Gilbert Gottfried, Evan Farmer, American Idol's Kimberly Caldwell, and Philadelphia Eagles linebacker Jeremiah Trotter
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Return to Coaxial