Torchwood

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Postby Logan5 on Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:44 am

ONeillSG1 wrote:
But at least the Asian chick is hot and has nice boobies. Gwen is hot too.

I agree. They seem to try and hide it, but sometimes, just for a second or two, you get a glimpse and somehow the show is worth seeing again.
Logan5
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby ONeillSG1 on Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:26 pm

Yeah she is all kinds of uber hawt.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby Shane on Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:26 am

I loved Countrycide. The fact that it wasn't an alien menace but something so unhuman that they thought it had to be was great. I think it may have been the highlight so far. Before this I was loving the One with the time glasses and the Rape but this is better. I'm not as excited about next weeks. I think the arc will have to do with the wheevils.
Shane
AIRWOLF

Postby ONeillSG1 on Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:23 pm

Anyone care to comment on "Greeks Bearing Gifts"? I love the Korean chick.

She is all kinds of lovely-ness.

HAWT!
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby Logan5 on Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:24 am

ONeillSG1 wrote:Anyone care to comment on "Greeks Bearing Gifts"? I love the Korean chick.

She is all kinds of lovely-ness.

HAWT!

I actually enjoyed that episode, even though they were at Torchwood almost all the time. The acting felt spot on, and the story was interesting.

What I love the most about this show is the Jack stuff. Love the way he reacted when Tosh was trying to read his mind, and I absolutely love love love the way he gets colder and colder.
He is a man on a mission and no god-damned human feelings is going stop him.

Next episode looks like it's going to tie into the first episode. Let's hope it's a two-parter. Looks nice.
Logan5
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby rhaps0dy on Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:45 pm

I understand the need for this show to develop each character and i think they have all had there own episode now, which hopefully means they can focus alittle more on Jack who really is the most interesting character in this show!
"All happy families resemble one another, each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way.."
rhaps0dy
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Logan5 on Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:01 am

Watched "They keep killing Suzie" the other day and thought I'd put down a couple of words 'bout it, since no one else is doin' it.

Countrycide is still the best episode this season, and TKKS isn't even close. The only thing that somewhat redeemed this episode was the mentioning of something dark, something evil, coming for Jack.
I hope that this will be something leading up the the big finale.

It felt like the writers had a nice story going but when Suzie entered and almost everything was explained it just dragged on, repeating the same conversations over and over.

Does anyone know if Torchwood will be 13 episodes per season just like Doctor Who? If so, I think it's time for a two-parter because soon it will be too late for a mid season two-parter.

Please, give us more episodes with the same intensity, cool story and above all acting as we saw in Countrycide.
Logan5
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby Fried Gold on Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:36 am

Yep 13 episodes, the finale is on New Years Day. The last four episodes apparently relate to The Rift a lot more.

I thought Countrycide was the worst episode so far. Just a bunch of horror film homages and cliches bunged together by second-rate fan-fiction hack Chris Chibnall.

The focus does need to be brought back to Jack now.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Logan5 on Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:40 am

Fried Gold wrote:Yep 13 episodes, the finale is on New Years Day. The last four episodes apparently relate to The Rift a lot more.

I thought Countrycide was the worst episode so far. Just a bunch of horror film homages and cliches bunged together by second-rate fan-fiction hack Chris Chibnall.

The focus does need to be brought back to Jack now.

I liked Countrycide because of that... :oops:

And I agree that the focus needs to get back on Jack.
Logan5
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby Shane on Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:03 am

I| don't think the focus was ever intended to be just on jack. I liked TKKS but I liked Countrycide the best yet also.
Shane
AIRWOLF

Postby tapehead on Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:13 am

No second rate CGI, a story that, at least in the beginning and conclusion shows some real character development, and an ep that is fairly complete in itself while also having connections to the shows' original scenario - yep, 'Countrycide' is about the onlt thing that has me prepared to stick with this show for the next few eps.
Last edited by tapehead on Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby ONeillSG1 on Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:14 pm

Countrycide was ok. I don't think there was an ep that is the go to episode for me. They are all at a same level.

The episode when the Doctor comes in an tries to help Jack with his problem and ends up trying to blow up the rift . . . that's the go-to ep.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby Strabo on Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:44 am

Torchwood 1x10 - Out of Time: BEST episode yet. I love the Doctor Who mythos, and I really love John Barrowman's Captain Jack, but honestly, this series has really left me kind of underwhelmed. The technobabble has been, at times, grating, and I really appreciate their attempt at Whedon-esque dialogue, even though a not insignificant portion of the time it falls flat, but this episode just hit every note absolutely perfectly. The only even slight quibble I have with it is that they don't give resolution on Diane, though, dramatically, where they ended the episode was probably the best choice.

Luckily, it looks like the woman who wrote this episode also wrote episode 12, the next-to-last episode of the series. Maybe, if we're lucky, she'll be this series' Steven Moffat.
Strabo
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby silentbobafett on Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:26 am

I didn't think you could get shitter than Doctor Who but then I saw this.... awwww come on guys you got to expect more from stuff than this Dumbledore, over camped, poorely done in every fucking way excuse for visual entertainment!

It looks like its done bby some 50 year old, for the pay check director whose too busy trying to fuck the young runner than direct anything of fucking merit.

What the fuck makes this even remotly noteworthy is beyond me... you're all fucking wrong... fucking wrong wrong wrong in the fucking head :-)
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby Strabo on Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:58 am

silentbobafett wrote:I didn't think you could get shitter than Doctor Who but then I saw this.... awwww come on guys you got to expect more from stuff than this my lover, over camped, poorely done in every fucking way excuse for visual entertainment!

It looks like its done bby some 50 year old, for the pay check director whose too busy trying to fuck the young runner than direct anything of fucking merit.

What the fuck makes this even remotly noteworthy is beyond me... you're all fucking wrong... fucking wrong wrong wrong in the fucking head :-)

Thanks for that lovely post, now kindly go fuck yourself and shit in someone else's thread. Thanks.
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Strabo
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby silentbobafett on Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:05 am

Hey man.... I shit where everyone else shits. And this thread sure smells like shit to me! Certainly looks like it... ;-)

:-) :-) :-)
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby The Vicar on Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:22 am

silentbobafett wrote:I didn't think you could get shitter than Doctor Who but then I saw this.... awwww come on guys you got to expect more from stuff than this my lover, over camped, poorely done in every fucking way excuse for visual entertainment!

Right.........cause all old people are fucking stoopid.
Nice.
Did you expect to gain any credibility out of that statement?
Or merely expose yourself?

Bulletin from the front - there are morons in every age bracket.
Depend on it.
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone

Postby ONeillSG1 on Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:28 pm

Back on topic:

This week's episode was very well done. Owen falls in love and Gwen becomes a mom? Nice.

BTW: Is the actress who was the young girl the same actress who was in the second episode, who was possessed by the sex-wanting alien?

She looked awfully familiar.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby Strabo on Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:26 pm

ONeillSG1 wrote:Back on topic:

This week's episode was very well done. Owen falls in love and Gwen becomes a mom? Nice.

BTW: Is the actress who was the young girl the same actress who was in the second episode, who was possessed by the sex-wanting alien?

She looked awfully familiar.

Different girls.

Emma: Olivia Hallinan

Carys: Sara Lloyd Gregory
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Strabo
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby Fried Gold on Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:49 pm

The big finale is tonight.

Will it be any good? Will it actually answer anything?

UPDATE!!

Well it was okay. The first episode was good. The second was okay, not very well written.

A few things got answered, but not much. The ending was a very nice touch.

TARDIS!!!11
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby shakermakerman on Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:36 pm

well i nearly throw up at one point and as for something coming out of the drakness all series and it lasted awwww five minutes lol.
shakermakerman
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby ONeillSG1 on Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:15 am

Fried Gold wrote:The big finale is tonight.

Will it be any good? Will it actually answer anything?

UPDATE!!

Well it was okay. The first episode was good. The second was okay, not very well written.

A few things got answered, but not much. The ending was a very nice touch.

TARDIS!!!11

Yes, but is it the Doctor and Rose or the Doctor and the new girl? I was trying to get an idea as to the timing of this show in relation to the Doctor Who second season . . . or third.

I kinda dig the chemistry (although the actor who plays Owen is what you Brits call a "tosser") of the cast.

Question is: Was that the Doctor at all? Was that his temptation to open the rift? Or was the Doctor really there? If so, why did he take Jack? And what will Jack be like if/when he returns?

BTW: What's up with all the ghey stuff? God damn I know Barrowman is ghey but why is it necessary to incorporate it into the plots.

Just to be clear: I mean the man on man stuff. The girl on girl stuff is ok, just make it relevant to the story . . . like mud-wrestling naked or sexual experimentation.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby Shane on Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:13 am

The best part of the finale was that bad guy. Not the deamon but the other dude. That was a classic Who villain. I loved the finale.

**SPOILERS***

It does happen after season 1. The Doctor does pick up Jack at the end of the season he is in the last two or three episodes of season 3.

I would assume it is the Doctor since they still claim no more timelords exist but we will see.

I loved the way it kind of left with a cliffhanger for season 3 of Who.

And Jack has been with the Dumbledore stuff since the show first started.
Shane
AIRWOLF

Postby CeeBeeUK on Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:28 am

Did anyone else think that the Rift manipulator looked like a TARDIS?

It has a large, wheezing column that pumped up and down :shock: :oops:, when esoteric objects are plugged in?
CeeBeeUK
WAIRWOLF GAME

Postby Shane on Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:04 am

CeeBeeUK wrote:Did anyone else think that the Rift manipulator looked like a TARDIS?

It has a large, wheezing column that pumped up and down :shock: :oops:, when esoteric objects are plugged in?

Yes it did. Seeing who had it I would say that there is a good possibility it was timelord technology. I think it may be a council column from jettisoned council room. And the fact that the piece he took from that Billis guys clock was the piece to make it work I suspect he may be a timelord or at least time sensitive. I know RTD and them say no timelords, but just look at the bigger picture. The Doctor finally said Galifrey. It seemed Billis could walk through the time rift at will. The piece from his clock made the timerift thing work. Maybee Jack left in Billis's TARDIS.
Shane
AIRWOLF

Postby Fried Gold on Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:17 pm

I think it's been confirmed that it was The TARDIS, with the Doctor getting him for the last three episodes of the series 3 of Doctor Who.

As for Bilis Manger being a Time Lord, it did cross my mind. But as he was crossing era's at will, he probably isn't. If he is, Bilis must be some kind of super Time Lord.

I think The Rift is essentially just the same as The Hellmouth from Buffy - a way for alien and temporal 'stuff' to get through to Earth.

It was left unclear as to the origin of the rift manipulator. So it seems it must be Torchwood technology.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Shane on Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:15 pm

Bilis wouldn't be the first timelord to move about without a tardis through time. In the Pertwee era, I want to say it was terror or the Autons, a Timelord came and went somewhat like that without a TARDIS jsut appearing and reappearing. The Doctor reacts as if this is common place. I assume he knows how this is done.

I'm not saying he is a Timelord. I just think he might be. Also I want him to be.
Shane
AIRWOLF

Postby Fried Gold on Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:29 pm

I haven't seen it again yet, so this isn't confirmed, but apparently you can hear the fluttering of wings (similar to the fairies from a few eps ago) when Bilis is around.

He could be something similar to them.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby phillyjack on Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:19 am

Spoiler Alert!!!! if you haven't seen all the episodes

Hi just stumbled on to Torchwood and I have seen all 12 shows and have found it very entertaining. It's a nice little spin off but I just don't see the getting bought up and shown in the states. 1X11 when Jack made out with the the real jack that was nasty didn't see that coming is every one on that show Bi sexual. Yes I am a proud hypocritical pig I thought the one where the two girls were shacking and getting it on was hot till she turned out to be a Lezbo alien just made it hotter sorry Geek Pig coming out. But the show is way too sexual and homo erotic for Sci-Fi network or any normal channel on cable maybe they could get it on the Logo network. They talk like normal people saying fuck, shit, Sit The FUCK Down " that one was pricless and bollocks "not that you ever hear that on amarican tv and not that any one would get it for what it is" if you heard that on sci-fi they would have every politisions in fron of every new outlet getting face time saying every one is out raged you'd think peoples heads were exploding hearing fuck on tv.
I like this show hope to see a season two.
phillyjack
GLIB

Postby ONeillSG1 on Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:58 am

phillyjack wrote:I like this show hope to see a season two.

This is the only thing I understood from your post and I agree wholeheartedly.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby phillyjack on Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:26 pm

[/quote]
This is the only thing I understood from your post and I agree wholeheartedly.[/quote]
Have you seen torchwood it has turned into CAPTAIN JACK HARKNESS Dumbledore super hero. He started out on DR Who as a dashing intergalactic mans man hitting on Rose having drinks with her trying to get into her paints now he's making out with guys in the last two episodes. What I am trying to say was it will never make it to american TV they would have to dub out a lot of cursing and cut out the sexual content for it to make it by the current day FCC.
phillyjack
GLIB

Postby Logan5 on Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:10 am

This is just me cut'n'pasting someone else's words.

Someone else wrote:The Irish deity Nuada (and Nechtan) is cognate with Nodens, and the Welsh Nudd is derived from him. This deity was sometimes worshipped as Bilis, King of the Otherworld, whose gates were said to be in the hollow hills.

I almost didn't bother to google for Manger at first, but I'm glad I did.

Manger was a small town in Norway before it got combined with a bunch of other small towns in 1964. It was in the Hordaland county, the main town of which is Bergen. The location we got for Bad Wolf Bay in Doomsday was 50 miles outside of Bergen. Oh, and the county of Hordaland is twinned with...Cardiff.

Even odder, one of the first google references about Manger in Norway is about a cholera epidemic there in 1848.

Edit: AND! Rhea Silvia, who was Jack's codeword / password, was the mother of Romulus and Remus, who were brought up by wolves.

Interesting...

I think we should have a combined Torchwood/Doctor Who thread.
Logan5
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby ONeillSG1 on Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:43 am

phillyjack wrote:
ONeillSG1 wrote:This is the only thing I understood from your post and I agree wholeheartedly.

Have you seen torchwood it has turned into CAPTAIN JACK HARKNESS my lover super hero. He started out on DR Who as a dashing intergalactic mans man hitting on Rose having drinks with her trying to get into her paints now he's making out with guys in the last two episodes. What I am trying to say was it will never make it to american TV they would have to dub out a lot of cursing and cut out the sexual content for it to make it by the current day FCC.

What I meant when I said "This is the only thing I understood from your post and I agree wholeheartedly" is because of 1) your horrible grammar and 2) the fact that you type like a 4 year old monkey on speed, I couldn't understand what you said.

I've seen the show and know what's going on. Thanks.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby Shane on Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:23 am

Jack was with men in Empty Child, it was just not show. In his first scene he subtly dumps a guy before chasing Rose. Then the Doctor and Rose made a few jokes about it.
Shane
AIRWOLF

Postby ONeillSG1 on Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:30 am

Anyone catch this:

Australia is set to broadcast Torchwood on ABC down there.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/tv--radio/now-look-here/2006/12/30/1166895516422.html?page=4

Never will come to the States though.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby Shane on Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:02 am

ONeillSG1 wrote:Anyone catch this:

http://www.smh.com.au/news/tv--radio/now-look-here/2006/12/30/1166895516422.html?page=4

I think it might show up on BBC America one day, or PBS would air it if they would sell it to them. But if it does come it will be a while.
Shane
AIRWOLF

Postby Fried Gold on Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:22 am

For those of you who:

- need a fix before Who-series 3
- want to know what Captain Jack gets up to in his spare time.
- want to get certain references later in Who-series 3
- wanted another series of Angel
- like lame movie homages
- like stories with lots of inferred homosexuality and nonsensical payoffs where a heavily armoured cyborg loses a fight to a fish-eating pterosaur

I'm reliably informed that Torchwood starts on BBC America this coming weekend. Watch it, if only for the excellent 5th episode.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Chilli on Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:12 pm

- wanted another series of Angel
- like lame movie homages
- like stories with lots of inferred homosexuality and nonsensical payoffs where a heavily armoured cyborg loses a fight to a fish-eating pterosaur

Be warned, this show ranges from rather spiffing to hilariously and brilliantly awful often within the same scene.
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby digideus on Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:47 pm

Chilli wrote:Be warned, this show ranges from rather spiffing to hilariously and brilliantly awful often within the same scene.

Yeah, Id say that was fair. Great premise, some naff stories but some amazing ones (Countrycide is probably the best 50 minutes of UK sci-fi since Blakes 7!). Personally I dont think the series has really come into its own yet (sic) but the Beeb seem to be investing heavily in series 2, which has a 7 month shooting schedule! AND its moved from BBC3 to BBC2 which means bigger audience figures.

Ooo and Martha (freema wossisface) is supposed to be in several episodes....

bite me, i'm a fan!
digideus
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby ONeillSG1 on Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:57 pm

Fried Gold wrote:- like stories with lots of inferred homosexuality and nonsensical payoffs where a heavily armoured cyborg loses a fight to a fish-eating pterosaur.

Brilliant.

Sadly, it is true. Yet, still well put.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby tapehead on Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:04 pm

ONeillSG1 wrote:Anyone catch this:

Torchwood actually aired on a commercial network here, rated badly and is now appearing, apparently randomly and non-sequentially late at night.

We've just had the Professor Yana/Master ep of the latest Who on the ABC though.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Torchwood

Postby bastard_robo on Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:42 am

Finally watched the first ep..

I felt a bit.. unfullfiled. The ep seemed to be really streched out for an introduction for the main charecter.
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby Fried Gold on Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:57 pm

digideus wrote:
Chilli wrote:Be warned, this show ranges from rather spiffing to hilariously and brilliantly awful often within the same scene.

Yeah, Id say that was fair. Great premise, some naff stories but some amazing ones (Countrycide is probably the best 50 minutes of UK sci-fi since Blakes 7!). Personally I dont think the series has really come into its own yet (sic) but the Beeb seem to be investing heavily in series 2, which has a 7 month shooting schedule! AND its moved from BBC3 to BBC2 which means bigger audience figures.

Ooo and Martha (freema wossisface) is supposed to be in several episodes....

bite me, i'm a fan!

It does seem the BBC are putting more into the second series. I also think it might improve due to the Captain Jack character loosing his ties to Doctor Who. Having the "I NEED JUST THE RIGHT KIND OF...DOCTOR *wink wink*" thread resolved sets Torchwood free from Doctor Who so it can become it's own series.

I don't personally agree about the Countrycide episode though.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby The Vicar on Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:30 pm

Now that I get the BEEB I've been trying to catch up with this series.
I have to say, "Out of Time" was a damned strong episode.

SPOILER SPOILER

The scene where Jack stays in the car with the suicide, holding his hand until he passed - that was righteous. Very powerful.
In the states, such a scene would likely not be shot at all: religious conservatives here would have went ape shit over assisting a suicide ( Jack Kevorkian just recently got released from jail for doing exactly that ).
Good moments for Gwen & Owen as well.
Liked the Cyberchick ep, but Out of Time worked better for me.
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone

Postby Fried Gold on Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:22 pm

Ever wanted to see Captain Jack Harkness snog Spike from Buffy?

You might want to watch the new episode of Torchwood then....
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tapehead on Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:32 pm

Fried Gold wrote:Ever wanted to see Captain Jack Harkness snog Spike from Buffy?

You might want to watch the new episode of Torchwood then....

On a fan fic site somewhere, three or four big Dumbledore sci-fi fantasy nerds are having the best day ever...
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby Fried Gold on Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:22 pm

The first episode was fairly enjoyable with just a couple of annoyances...the biggest of which was the terrible music.

However, I think there was a slight continuity problem. I don't think the team should've had any knowledge that Jack was ever away - I thought the Doctor brought him back to Cardiff about the same time he left, and nobody on Earth should've been aware of the Master stuff happening.

There also seemed to be a general sense that the general public is now fully aware of the supernatural/alien things that go on. Which I like, as I prefer there to be some sort of consequence shown.

I do think it's good that it's able to leave behind it's Who connection now and explore it's own avenues a bit more (like the Time Agency thread).
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby ONeillSG1 on Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:21 am

Anyone here want to comment on the recent eps "Adam" and "Reset"?

Just wondering.

It meant the death of a CAST REGULAR!! I think.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby ONeillSG1 on Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:07 am

Anyone? Bueller?
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby CeeBeeUK on Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:17 am

I haven't watched Reset (not until it airs next week) yet, but 'Adam' was probably the weakest of this series. It was done better by Buffy with the Jonathan episode (Superstar).

Even though they tried to copy superstar by putting Adam in the credits, it just bored me. Half way through the episode I picked up a magazine and started reading. It seemed to lack the humour of the earlier episodes.

I had hoped that Torchwood would be using humour better after the first episode, but apparently not. :(
CeeBeeUK
WAIRWOLF GAME

PreviousNext

Return to Coaxial