Bryan Fuller's "Pushing Daisies"

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Postby Leckomaniac on Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:46 am

godzillasushi wrote:I felt differently! I thought it was way better then last weeks episode. It is absurdly quirky though. I mean, every little thing has that whimsical quality when it doesn't need to be. Still, I really enjoyed it. They cast some cute hotties, that's for sure.

I will stick with it since they are bound to take the feedback and fix the little bugs on the show. I think future episodes will have less narrator and stuff. Anyway, I thought it was an improvement.

This new season sure has been weak though eh? Nothing new is really good.

You obviously have not seen Gossip Girl. :lol: :wink:

/totally not joking. did not disappoint (if you like teen drama/angst)
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby stereosforgeeks on Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:58 am

Leckomaniac wrote:
godzillasushi wrote:I felt differently! I thought it was way better then last weeks episode. It is absurdly quirky though. I mean, every little thing has that whimsical quality when it doesn't need to be. Still, I really enjoyed it. They cast some cute hotties, that's for sure.

I will stick with it since they are bound to take the feedback and fix the little bugs on the show. I think future episodes will have less narrator and stuff. Anyway, I thought it was an improvement.

Ohh yes Gossip Girl is great!
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby godzillasushi on Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:01 am

stereosforgeeks wrote:
Leckomaniac wrote:

What channel is that on, and when?
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby stereosforgeeks on Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:01 am

godzillasushi wrote:
stereosforgeeks wrote:
Leckomaniac wrote:

What channel is that on, and when?

CW Wednesdays at 9.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Leckomaniac on Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:05 am

It is like The OC...set in New York. The life and times of wealthy, pretty teens. I am a sucker for that stuff.

And back to the topic at hand...I have yet to see the second ep, but i am working on changing that. I loved the pilot and I cant wait to see where this show goes.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby stereosforgeeks on Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:30 am

Leckomaniac wrote:It is like The OC...set in New York. The life and times of wealthy, pretty teens. I am a sucker for that stuff.

And back to the topic at hand...I have yet to see the second ep, but i am working on changing that. I loved the pilot and I cant wait to see where this show goes.

It gets better. 4 have aired so far.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Leckomaniac on Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:33 am

stereosforgeeks wrote:
Leckomaniac wrote: It is like The OC...set in New York. The life and times of wealthy, pretty teens. I am a sucker for that stuff.

It gets better. 4 have aired so far.

oh I meant that I havent seen the second ep of Daisies. I am on episode 3 of Gossip Girl. i was just trying to end our thread jack. :lol:
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DennisMM on Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:11 am

Yuck with pretty wealthy teens. I disliked 90210 apart from the lovely, thirtyish Gabrielle Carteris and haven't seen any other shows of that sort that interest me at all.

No, The Piemaker won't get slapped; he's just a victim. The Narrator won't get slapped; he's doing his job. Bryan Fuller might get slapped. Or I might slap Chuck just to shake things up in a shocking twist.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Postby Fievel on Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:33 pm

Next week's pie flavor - hair.

You heard it here first.

Loved the second episode just as much. Yes, it's quirky but I love it. It's like both Willy Wonka movies had sex and then their offspring hung out with various directors, and then did a little stint on Broadway for a bit....

....and then some British Guy tells us all the juicy details as they unfold.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby stereosforgeeks on Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:38 pm

Maybe I missed something last night but who were the extra bodies on the hooks?
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby stereosforgeeks on Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:43 pm

Variety wrote:Opening the night, the second episode of ABC's "Pushing Daisies" (3.6/11 in 18-49, 10.1 million viewers overall) was down about 15% from its strong premiere, winning in all key ratings categories; it held up best among younger viewers, retaining 94% of its premiere-week 18-34 audience.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:08 pm

stereosforgeeks wrote:
Variety wrote:Opening the night, the second episode of ABC's "Pushing Daisies" (3.6/11 in 18-49, 10.1 million viewers overall) was down about 15% from its strong premiere, winning in all key ratings categories; it held up best among younger viewers, retaining 94% of its premiere-week 18-34 audience.

held up more strongly than i expected. i haven't had a chance to see the 2nd episode yet.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby stereosforgeeks on Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:32 pm

TheBaxter wrote:
stereosforgeeks wrote:

held up more strongly than i expected. i haven't had a chance to see the 2nd episode yet.

So your the reason ratings fell!
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:11 pm

stereosforgeeks wrote:
TheBaxter wrote:
stereosforgeeks wrote:

So your the reason ratings fell!

nope, i didn't watch the first episode til a day or two later either.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby stereosforgeeks on Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:24 pm

I suppose I'll give you a pass then.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Fievel on Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:44 pm

stereosforgeeks wrote:Maybe I missed something last night but who were the extra bodies on the hooks?

People that were used (or were to be used?) as crash test dummies.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby stereosforgeeks on Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:00 pm

Fievel wrote:
stereosforgeeks wrote:Maybe I missed something last night but who were the extra bodies on the hooks?

Since people cant save data.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Fievel on Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:10 pm

stereosforgeeks wrote:
Fievel wrote:

For cars..... that run on dandelions.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby stereosforgeeks on Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:25 pm

Fievel wrote:
stereosforgeeks wrote:
Fievel wrote:

For cars..... that run on dandelions.

don't be a dandy

had to
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Vegeta on Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:05 pm

Tonight's episode was pretty enjoyable. Maybe it's me but I must be getting used to the incredibly high levels of quikyness, because it didn't bother me nearly as much this time around. Loved the Asian guy with the Southern Gentleman accent... hysterical!
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY

Postby stereosforgeeks on Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:06 pm

Vegeta wrote:Tonight's episode was pretty enjoyable. Maybe it's me but I must be getting used to the incredibly high levels of quikyness, because it didn't bother me nearly as much this time around. Loved the Asian guy with the Southern Gentleman accent... hysterical!

The part with his great great great great grandfather. Hilarious
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby stereosforgeeks on Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:24 am

I am glad Chuck finallyt knows the extent of Neds powers and how she came into being again. Now the only secret ned has from her is the death of her father.

"Accidental involuntary manslaughter." well said.

I loved the jedi shout out as well.

Kick Pooh Kick!
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Zarles on Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:02 am

Great episode. Best scene was when Kristin Chenoweth was running down the front stairs of the aunts' house, and she held her boobs so they wouldn't jiggle around. Hilarious. I had no idea she was such a good physical comedy actor.

Also, I had no idea I had a plastic wrap fetish until last night. Thanks, Pushing Daisies!
Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby stereosforgeeks on Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:08 am

Zarles wrote:Also, I had no idea I had a plastic wrap fetish until last night. Thanks, Pushing Daisies!

It's probably just Anna Friel :-P
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby havocSchultz on Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:17 am

Mind over matter makes Pooh less fatter...

And I enjoyed Chi McBride's "oh fuck" look when the coffin lid got stuck and he had to high tail it out of there...

And I didn't even recognize Swoosie Kurtz till this episode...

Ha!

Well done Bad-Spelling of Susie...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Zarles on Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:02 pm

stereosforgeeks wrote:
Zarles wrote:Also, I had no idea I had a plastic wrap fetish until last night. Thanks, Pushing Daisies!

I already knew I had an Anna Friel fetish, though. :D
Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby stereosforgeeks on Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:30 pm

Zarles wrote:
stereosforgeeks wrote:

I already knew I had an Anna Friel fetish, though. :D

After the first episode I think every hetero male that watched the show found out they had an anna friel fetish.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Zarles on Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:47 pm

It's not just Anna Friel, though. This show is packed with hotness. There are more boobs in it than a Republican National Convention.
Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:50 pm

Zarles wrote:It's not just Anna Friel, though. This show is packed with hotness. There are more boobs in it than a Republican National Convention.

let's not get carried away now...
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby John-Locke on Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:11 pm

I haven't seen the 3rd episode yet but I'm loving this show a lot, sure it's episodic already but I love the stylistic choices and weird world it's set in, I hope Sonnenfeld is around to make sure no one messes with the Visuals of the world Fuller has created.

I love the Narration and didn't even mind the Musical number last week, the only thing that annoys me is Anna Freils teeth, having grown up seeing her on TV I'm constantly distracted by her new teeth. First Dominic Monahan and now Friel, is there a new US Law saying that all Brits with slightly dodgy teeth must have them sorted before they can appear on TV?
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby stereosforgeeks on Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:15 pm

John-Locke wrote:I haven't seen the 3rd episode yet but I'm loving this show a lot, sure it's episodic already but I love the stylistic choices and weird world it's set in, I hope Sonnenfeld is around to make sure no one messes with the Visuals of the world Fuller has created.

I love the Narration and didn't even mind the Musical number last week, the only thing that annoys me is Anna Freils teeth, having grown up seeing her on TV I'm constantly distracted by her new teeth. First Dominic Monahan and now Friel, is there a new US Law saying that all Brits with slightly dodgy teeth must have them sorted before they can appear on TV?

Wow JL is posting!!!
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Zarles on Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:52 pm

John-Locke wrote:I haven't seen the 3rd episode yet but I'm loving this show a lot, sure it's episodic already but I love the stylistic choices and weird world it's set in, I hope Sonnenfeld is around to make sure no one messes with the Visuals of the world Fuller has created.

Actually, I heard Sonnenfeld got some shit from the bigwigs of the show because he was spending too much money on it. Barry claims otherwise, but I'm not sure who to believe. Link.

Besides that, though, this is by far my favorite new fall show. Good writing, acting, directing, the works.
Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby buster00 on Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:28 pm

Zarles wrote:Besides that, though, this is by far my favorite new fall show. Good writing, acting, directing, the works.

Count me in for that sentiment. I love this show more and more every week.
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Zarles on Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:38 pm

buster00 wrote:
Zarles wrote:Besides that, though, this is by far my favorite new fall show. Good writing, acting, directing, the works.

Count me in for that sentiment. I love this show more and more every week.

Oh, I forgot to mention boobs. It's got lots of boobs, too. Boobs good.

And pie! :D
Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Vegeta on Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:40 pm

Ripe cleavage a plenty that's for sure!
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY

Postby stereosforgeeks on Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:47 pm

Vegeta wrote:Ripe cleavage a plenty that's for sure!

let me have a slice of that!
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby stereosforgeeks on Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:05 pm

Pushing Daisies has been picked up for a full season!
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Leckomaniac on Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:24 pm

stereosforgeeks wrote:Pushing Daisies has been picked up for a full season!

KICK ASS!!!!!

Some good news. Now lets just hope this pesky strike doesn't rob us of our full Pushing Daisies goodness.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby stereosforgeeks on Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:34 pm

Leckomaniac wrote:
stereosforgeeks wrote:Pushing Daisies has been picked up for a full season!

KICK ASS!!!!!

Some good news. Now lets just hope this pesky strike doesn't rob us of our full Pushing Daisies goodness.

That is the concern ;)
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Vegeta on Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:37 pm

From what it sounds like the strike will likely rob us of everything but reality TV and game shows!
Anyone ready to pass out the cyanide tablets?
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY

Postby stereosforgeeks on Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:38 pm

Vegeta wrote:From what it sounds like the strike will likely rob us of everything but reality TV and game shows!

It'll mean an increase of netflix subscriptions
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Leckomaniac on Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:58 pm

Vegeta wrote:From what it sounds like the strike will likely rob us of everything but reality TV and game shows!

If the strike happens, the moment the new episodes dry up I am turning off my tv and not turning it on again until the studios cave. I will not tolerate reality programming and game shows.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby RogueScribner on Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:18 am

Was there an episode that aired this week? I can't seem to find it.
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Fievel on Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:32 am

No... I think it was a country music awards show that aired.
Gross.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby RogueScribner on Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:02 am

Danke.
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby junesquad on Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:22 am

Leckomaniac wrote:

If the strike happens, the moment the new episodes dry up I am turning off my tv and not turning it on again until the studios cave. I will not tolerate reality programming and game shows.

I am with you. I had a cable guy come buy and offer me cable. I told him I wasn't willing to pay the money until the Hollywood Strikes were over. I am not going to PAY to see reruns and reality television (Something I've hated since day 1). He asked me what I was talking about and then he said, "I'm glad that few people here know about this." Once things are resolved, I'll get some form of cable/satellite.
Junesquad
junesquad
AIRWOLF

Postby Fried Gold on Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:07 pm

As good as it has been the show is certainly going to need diversify a tad to survive. Mighten it get boring after 20+ episodes?

Possibly not! That Halloween episode was one of the best pieces of television I've seen in a long while.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Leckomaniac on Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:17 am

Hey does anyone know why they have yet to put a single episode of Daisies on iTunes??? They put Grey's Anatomy on there, but not Daisies.

Hm.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby stereosforgeeks on Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:35 am

That seems ridiculously stupid.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Leckomaniac on Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:41 am

stereosforgeeks wrote:That seems ridiculously stupid.

Especially since i was more than willing to throw down the 1.99 for the first set of episodes. But the moment I get back in the states I am not paying for shit. They lost my 14 dollars thats for sure!
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

PreviousNext

Return to Coaxial