Celebrity Big Brother UK 2007 now with Poll and Hoff?

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Who do you love?

Poll ended at Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:35 pm

Danielle Lloyd - Miss Great Britain (2006), stripped of her title for bonking the judge
No votes
Ken Russell - English director of Salome's Last Dance, Lair of the White Worm, Altered States (three of my favorites anyway)
8%
Jo O'Meara - Former member of the pop group S Club 7 and contestant on Just the Two of Us.
No votes
Leo Sayer - Famous in the '70's..
No votes
Shilpa Shetty - Famous in Bollywood
8%
Carole Malone - Soul eater
No votes
Donny Tourette - Lead singer of Towers of London, a naff label creation from London.
No votes
Ian "H" Watkins - Former member of the pop group Steps.
No votes
Cleo Rocos - Foxy old broad who appeared on The Kenny Everett Television Show
25%
Dirk Benedict - Fanboy legend and very nice fellow
50%
HOFF!
8%

Total votes : 12

Postby John-Locke on Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:24 am

I'd give those twats the beating of their lives given half the chance, that video is totally set up though.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby John-Locke on Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:25 am

Doc Holliday wrote:
colonel_lugz wrote:To the Lynch-mobile!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH!
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Doc Holliday on Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:26 am

Heh - I knew you'd get it JL :D
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Doc Holliday on Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:43 am

ThisIsTheGirl wrote:Seriously, I think I might have to give up on CBB this year. There's just zero chemistry in the house, most of the contestants look a bit confused about the whole thing - I can see Jermaine leaving in a day or two, Donny getting kicked out (pissing in the shower? The maverick!) and Ken Russell passing away.

And apparently Jade Goody comes into the second house today, along with her boyfriend and her crazy mum. Who the fuck wants to see Jade's mum on TV (or Jade, for that matter). BB has let me down this time, even Russell Brand can't seem to get himself excited about it (I know some of you loathe him. I think he's a piss-poor comedian but BBBM is usually his finest work). Like SBF says though, Templeton Peck seems like a very likely winner - he's the only one who is retaining a sense of humour about the whole thing.

I'm sure the only reason they had such high viewing figures on opening night was because last year's one was fucking legendary. This year is looking boooooor-riiiing.

Here's that video of the Twats of London, btw...Although recent posts on YouTube suggest it might be a fake, but I'm not so sure. Check out how Donny's bandmate sounds like he's about to cry after he has committed presumably the first and last vaguely violent act of his entire life. Twat.

I'm going to give it until Sunday night's show before I decide - itn normally takes a few days to liven up anyway, for the fakery to melt away and the bitchiness to begin. I agree that the line-up ain't the greatest this year... but there could still be some possibilities for trauma I think - and if it looks like being flat, Big Brother will come up with some machavellian device to cause trouble.

Leo Sayer could be one to watch - I've read various articles about him since the 80's...he's got undertones of Barrymore to his personality - likes to be centre stage, kids himself that he's a 'fun guy' - but is often just a step away from tears. Benedict has been a pleasant surprise - It hought he'd be far more precious - but he's quite amusing so far and is taking it all at a pinch which is the only way to go in there. "I told them - no cigars....no Benedict!!"

Rocos is the new Lenska - she can keep her multiple personality sketches to herself please. The other girls will be interesting to watch - there's always one or two poisonous vipers in the nest. I reckon the Bollywood actress could be a potential hotspot by week 2 - I reckon she's got a temper on her and can be quite bitchy.

Then again...I could actually trip on teh carpet, fall out the door and actually go outside and do something with my life.

After 10 o'clock tonight, of course.
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby John-Locke on Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:46 am

Hey man, don't bitch on Cleo Rocos, she's a legend.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby silentbobafett on Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:47 am

As I'm sure ye know, Towers of London have a show on (I think) bravo... its a bullshit reality prog that follows them round.

They are all a bunch of wankers who think rock n roll is about getting pissed up and smashing shit up.

Its about the music first - and they have ZERO of that - I mean this bad is just awful!

Without the music they are jsut chavs themselves.

I'd say give em ASBO's and be done with it! Heh heh

But, noooo, we stick on TV for people to idolise! You know what, we hat ethis Donnie guy (i thought it was Danny!) but I reckon people love him!

He is the most fakest Struggling Background Artist ever... I don't believe that he believes in what he's doing at all!

I'm all up for sticking your finger sup to society but only if you A) believe in it and B) you have a reason to (i.e art)

If I see him... i get maaaaaaad (HULK STYLEY) so apart from me hating the show anyway, he is the main reason I won't watch the show...
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby Doc Holliday on Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:50 am

John-Locke wrote:Hey man, don't bitch on Cleo Rocos, she's a legend.

She may be the dark horse IMO - she seems to be slipping in to that "Mother Hen" role with ease.

Her boobs, in fact, may well have been the first ever boobs that made me think something other than "food!".

I was 24.
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:53 am

Doc Holliday wrote:Benedict has been a pleasant surprise - It hought he'd be far more precious - but he's quite amusing so far and is taking it all at a pinch which is the only way to go in there. "I told them - no cigars....no Benedict!!"

That was funny! I also like it when Donny said "You're Dirk fakkin' Benedict", and he said "Yeah, but I don't usually use my middle name". If he can keep that kind of comedy up, he will sail into the final, I should think.

Doc Holliday wrote:Rocos is the new Lenska - she can keep her multiple personality sketches to herself please.

I reckon the Bollywood actress could be a potential hotspot by week 2 - I reckon she's got a temper on her and can be quite bitchy.

Aaargh - get out of my head! I was gonna say both these things. I think Shilpa must be used to people bowing and scraping wherever she goes, given how huge the Indian film industry is...

I forgot to mention how much I loved the fact that Carol Malone got booed to shit when she went in - you could just see the realisation gradually dawn on her: "I thought everybody loved gossip columnists.....maybe not". I hope all tabloid journalists saw that moment, then went and took a good long look at themselves in the mirror.
ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tapehead on Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:54 am

Cleo Rocos seems like should would be a lot of fun - she looks pretty good to me, too, which is odd, because I must have been about six the first time I saw her in Kenny Everett's Video Cassette or one of his others.

I call Bullshit SBF - there's no way in hell you're not going to glued to the box watching this every night, and if not, I expect not to see you posting in this thread anymore. 8)
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby Doc Holliday on Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:55 am

silentbobafett wrote:He is the most fakest Struggling Background Artist ever... I don't believe that he believes in what he's doing at all!

He pretty much admitted this during the morose phase of his drunkenness last night when he was talking to Jo about what he did:

"I'm a singer. [pause] Except I'm not. I'm not very good. I'm more of a shouter than a singer."

There were still times he made me laugh last night - but it was just the booze - I bet its a different story when he's sober...a right mommy's boy. Expect BB to keep feeding him booze to try and provoke situations in the house I reckon!
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby John-Locke on Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:57 am

tapehead wrote:Cleo Rocos seems like should would be a lot of fun - she looks pretty good to me, too, which is odd, because I must have been about six the first time I saw her in Kenny Everett's Video Cassette or one of his others.

She was only 19 when she first appeared on the Kenny Everett show, she still look pretty damn good for her age if you ask me.

I most definitely would.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:58 am

Doc Holliday wrote:Her boobs, in fact, may well have been the first ever boobs that made me think something other than "food!".

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - so true! She was definitely responsible for some of the earliest groin-related stirrings I ever experienced. Her and Bonnie Langford :oops:
ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tapehead on Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:00 am

John-Locke wrote:
tapehead wrote:Cleo Rocos seems like should would be a lot of fun - she looks pretty good to me, too, which is odd, because I must have been about six the first time I saw her in Kenny Everett's Video Cassette or one of his others.

She was only 19 when she first appeared on the Kenny Everett show, she still look pretty damn good for her age if you ask me.

I most definitely would.

seconded - this would be the part where someone says 'MILF!' but I don't believe she's ever settled down.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby Doc Holliday on Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:00 am

ThisIsTheGirl wrote:I forgot to mention how much I loved the fact that Carol Malone got booed to shit when she went in - you could just see the realisation gradually dawn on her: "I thought everybody loved gossip columnists.....maybe not". I hope all tabloid journalists saw that moment, then went and took a good long look at themselves in the mirror.

I loved how they stitched her up with her own promo on the first night - showing first her final cut where she tried to be all demure and vulnerable saying "I'm quite a sensitive person really" - then cut to a montage of her throwing tantrums and swearing incessantly at the camera. :D

I would imagine if a columnist did take an honest look at themselves in the mirror, their reaction would be akin to Daniella's after she caught Ken Russell in the bedroom window..."It'll give me nightmares for years!"
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby silentbobafett on Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:02 am

I swear down now that I only watched the opening nights show!

I've never seen the need to hide what you're watching, if its crap - still be proud that you're watching otherwise your wasting you life!

And for me, CBB would be a waste!

The only reason I would watch would be if something major happened and I just wanna see it.

So that would be along these lines:

1) Donnie Tourette gets his head kicked in by Cleo

2) " " by The Face

3) " " by anyone

4) Jermaine reveals that his is actually MJ but with a mask (which is obvious anyway)

5) Teddy Sherringhams wife gets it on with the girl from S Club, or even Cleo, I'd still watch!!!! :-)

6) The A Team burst in and after they kick in twat features, beg The Face to come back for one last mission.... and yes... it involves a plane... (And of course, this will be news to B.A- WHA-WHAT!!!??!?!)

:-)
Last edited by silentbobafett on Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby Doc Holliday on Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:04 am

ThisIsTheGirl wrote:BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - so true! She was definitely responsible for some of the earliest groin-related stirrings I ever experienced. Her and Bonnie Langford :oops:

What? :shock: >SLAPS TitG around the face<

ThisIsTheGirl wrote:AGAIN!

>SLAP!<

ThisIsTheGirl wrote:BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - so true! She was definitely responsible for some of the earliest groin-related stirrings I ever experienced. Her and Hot Gossip

You're welcome - don't ever do that again.....
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Doc Holliday on Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:07 am

There's a dangerous rumour going round this office that one of the Stars they drop in to the house for a day is going to be none other than The Hoff!

I hope its true....maybe he will get them all to do a dance routine to that song he did, "Get in my car" or whatever it was...
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tapehead on Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:12 am

silentbobafett wrote:I swear down now that I only watched the opening nights show!

I've never seen the need to hide what you're watching, if its crap - still be proud that you're watching otherwise your wasting you life!

And for me, CBB would be a waste!

The only reason I would watch would be if something major happened and I just wanna see it.

So that would be along these lines:

1) Donnie Tourette gets his head kicked in by Cleo

2) " " by The Face

3) " " by anyone

4) Jermaine reveals that his is actually MJ but with a mask (which is obvious anyway)

5) Teddy Sherringhams wife gets it on with the girl from S Club, or even Cleo, I'd still watch!!!! :-)

6) The A Team burst in and after they kick in twat features, beg The Face to come back for one last mission.... and yes... it involves a plane... (And of course, this will be news to B.A- WHA-WHAT!!!??!?!)

:-)

It's clear to me you are totally obsessed with this programme already - look forward to hearing more of your crackpot theories :lol:
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:30 am

Doc Holliday wrote:What? :shock: >SLAPS TitG around the face<

ThisIsTheGirl wrote:AGAIN!

>SLAP!<

I am so, so very sorry! I was about 5 and really didn't understand what was going on.

Hoff was rumoured to be a contestant earlier in the week, so it wouldn't surprise me if he showed up. How would Benedict cope with having to share a space with another 80s action-TV icon? I imagine he'd feel threatened. Perhaps they should send MacGyver in as well and see who can come up with the fastest wisecracks!
ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Doc Holliday on Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:35 am

I hope the Hoff does put in an appearance - maybe he could take Donnie aside and have a talk to him about the perils of booze.

You know, originally we were getting ex-The Darkness frontman Justin Hawkins...he dropped out very late in the running and so we ended up with that sadsack instead :evil:

I would've liked Hawkins to have been in it - but only if he'd turned out to be like his Bo Selecta caricature, approaching every action/chore with his trademark warbling SHRIEK!
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:39 am

Doc Holliday wrote:You know, originally we were getting ex-The Darkness frontman Justin Hawkins...he dropped out very late in the running and so we ended up with that sadsack instead :evil:

I heard that too - but hasn't Hawkins just come out of rehab for coke and anorexia? I reckon he wouldn't have been on very good form.

Hey! I've just realised! PapaLazeru = Justin Hawkins without the anorexia!
ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby colonel_lugz on Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:40 am

ThisIsTheGirl wrote: without the anorexia!

and how
You Called Down The Thunder, Well Now You Got It!
colonel_lugz
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Doc Holliday on Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:41 am

ThisIsTheGirl wrote:
Doc Holliday wrote:You know, originally we were getting ex-The Darkness frontman Justin Hawkins...he dropped out very late in the running and so we ended up with that sadsack instead :evil:

I heard that too - but hasn't Hawkins just come out of rehab for coke and anorexia? I reckon he wouldn't have been on very good form.

Hey! I've just realised! PapaLazeru = Justin Hawkins without the anorexia!

HAHAHAHAHA! Its funny because its true! Where's that Chris Evans TFI Friday programme when you need it?

"My name's Paplazeru and I'm a studly.............Justin Hawkins!"

Cue wacky camera shots of beer and people generally cheering....
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tapehead on Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:49 am

I've just taken the opportunity to start using Channel four's 'on demand' television download services - quite a bit of good free stuff here. I haven't actually seen any of CBB since the first night, so I'll have last night's daily ep shortly - very good download speeds. Be warned, the application will take over your computer while it installs itself, but I must say, first impressions are very favorable.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby Fried Gold on Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:03 am

John-Locke wrote:

I most definitely would.

She is quite alluring, but still with something slightly strange about her.

Don't forget there is still a secret house attached to the main one........
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tapehead on Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:16 am

I've never run a poll before, and I did mean to include a few more options for surprise guests that might turn up - it doesn't seemed to have worked out that way though

I did manage to fit Hoff in just by going back pages on my browser however, so I guess I've learned something today.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby brendonconnelly on Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:19 am

Are there any concerted watchers here? I'm looking for a correspondant to do Ken Russell updates for a website...

Any takers, PM me...
brendonconnelly
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby mistertim on Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:29 am

tapehead wrote:Donny Tourette - Lead singer of Towers of London, a naff label creation from London.

Dude, I wish it were true, but I'm not sure they are a naff label creation - They've been pulling the same pathetic schtick for years without the publicity they're currenty getting...
"That's why they sent me I am an expert."
mistertim
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:37 am

brendonconnelly wrote:Are there any concerted watchers here?

SilentBobaFett is probably your best option

*runs*

:lol: just kidding, SBF!

I'm following Doc's sage advice and waiting till the end of the weekend to make my mind up about whether to watch it every day or not. I usually do, but I just have a bad feeling about this year's show. I want Ken Russell to beat the living shit out of Donny Tourette - THAT would certainly hold my attention....
ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tapehead on Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:45 am

mistertim wrote:
tapehead wrote:Donny Tourette - Lead singer of Towers of London, a naff label creation from London.

Dude, I wish it were true, but I'm not sure they are a naff label creation - They've been pulling the same pathetic schtick for years without the publicity they're currenty getting...

Come on, surely they've been touched up by publicists and coached by management for that resulting sick mix of '80's Motley Crue and 'Sexpistols-lite'? if not, then they're even worse than I suspected...

also, If there is a kind mod who could help me by deleting that double entry in the poll, I would be very thankful
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:48 am

But double entry is one of my favourite things!

Oh, go on then...
ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tapehead on Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:54 am

yes, I just realised I'd referred to a double entry with Danielle Lloyd

Fucking slippery Freud!
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby mistertim on Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:56 am

tapehead wrote:yes, I just realised I'd referred to a double entry with Danielle Lloyd

I call heads!

:lol: :lol: :oops:
"That's why they sent me I am an expert."
mistertim
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:38 pm

OK, I ended up having to delete the poll and repost it. I have no idea why that thing with the doubling of the first option happens - it's happened before though.

Anyway, you'll need to vote again, sorry!

Faceman ftw.....
ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tapehead on Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:43 pm

cheers TITGirl, you hot piece of Zoner-bait!
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby Fried Gold on Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:53 pm

There's no option for Stephen Hawking.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Doc Holliday on Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:58 pm

Fried Gold wrote:There's no option for Stephen Hawking.
Story of his life - still the smartest wheelie-bin I ever knew though...

Faceman gets my vote
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tapehead on Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:01 pm

Doc Holliday wrote:
colonel_lugz wrote:To the Lynch-mobile!!

LET'S GO FOR A RIDE!

yeh, I know it's a slow reaction, but I had this pic in phtobucket and couldn't resist
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby Fried Gold on Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:17 pm

Doc Holliday wrote:
Fried Gold wrote:There's no option for Stephen Hawking.
Story of his life - still the smartest wheelie-bin I ever knew though...

Faceman gets my vote

He could use CBB to promote his new Stephen Hawking's Pro Skater game.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby John-Locke on Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:54 pm

I just called Donnie a gentleman on their MySpace page, I'm sure it'll get deleted quickly but still, I thought it was funny.

http://www.myspace.com/towersoflondon
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby colonel_lugz on Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:56 pm

AAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Nice one Centurian, Like it, Like it
colonel_lugz
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tapehead on Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:59 pm

Bwahahahaha!

that fucking music that atarts when you open the page is awful - and I see they get quite a few insults regards their ripping of '80's soft metal and the sex pistols
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby colonel_lugz on Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:04 pm

The longer it stays there the funnier it gets
colonel_lugz
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Seppuku on Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:07 pm

Did Towers of London name themselves after the XTC song? I remember talking about them with Brock way back when.
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby tapehead on Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:53 pm

tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby colonel_lugz on Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:47 pm

Anyone else think Shilpa is really hot?
colonel_lugz
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tapehead on Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:08 pm

Ken Russell is out! Dirk Benedict and Cleo had better get busy or my interest is likely to start drifting.

Either that or Danielle should start modelling her lingerie line while serving breakfast.

I did a few blog entries on Ken's highlights here:

http://filmick.blogspot.com

Yes, the address probably does look familiar.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby Fried Gold on Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:23 pm

The Goody Gang has ruined the show and removed any appeal it had.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:43 pm

Fried Gold wrote:The Goody Gang has ruined the show and removed any appeal it had.

Thank you! My sentiments exactly! I hope several people learn from this:

Channel 4 need to learn that we the British public do not find Jade "sweet" or "charming", and we think even less of her family. Endemol should learn that Celebrity BB is a delicate art. You can't just put a bunch of loud-mouthed wankers in a house to spice things up - and while I can just about accept Jade as a celebrity, neither I nor the other people in the house should have to put up with Jade's barely pubescent boyfriend, or her one-armed lezzer psycho of a mum, "Jackiey" (what the FUCK is that spelling all about?), a woman who was in the presence of 3 stars that are all fucking massively famous in their own right, and she was behaving as if she was somehow equal to them.

I don't think celebrity itself is enough to garner respect, but I DO think that Shilpa, Ken and Jermaine have done more than enough in their lives for her to have shut her gob and dealt with the situation in a respectful way. Instead she behaved like a total twat and showed the world how Jade has ended up the way she has - and frankly, her insistence that she could not pronounce the two-syllable name "Shilpa" smacked of racism. Obviously, I hope the Goodey family also learn that the public despises them

The moment Ken asked to leave, the producers should have said to themselves "we've fucked up massively here, get that family of no-good shits out, and keep the world-famous Oscar-nominated director" :roll:

I think I'm done with CBB this year. I hope another 3 have left by the end of this week. Endemol deserve to lose some cash on this one (for a change)
Last edited by ThisIsTheGirl on Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tapehead on Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:44 pm

I miss Ken

I'm not watching anymore until they ditch the Goodys, or at least Jackie - she turned all the fun and games into an on-going domestic argument
Last edited by tapehead on Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

PreviousNext

Return to Coaxial