TV Smackdown (HBO SHOW vs. HBO SHOW!!)

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Poll #2: Which of the following acclaimed HBO series is the absolute best?

Arli$$
No votes
Deadwood
24%
Carnivale
3%
Entourage
6%
Oz
No votes
Rome
3%
Sex and the City
9%
Six Feet Under
6%
The Sopranos
18%
The Wire
30%

Total votes : 33

Postby The Ginger Man on Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:32 pm

Dude?!? What's with all the Babylon 5 hate? I'll be the first to admit that the acting could be crap, the effects could be crap, and the...well, alot of it could be crap. But I was mainly comparing how the narrative worked.

I caught B5 on DVD about 2 years ago and just watched seasons 1-4 straight through. I was blown away by how it told a massive story over four years. Small, seemingly insignificant things in an early episode would snowball through multiple seasons, turning into massive plot points by the series' end.

So in that regard, I think B5 is great. And Buffy does it just as good, if not better at many times. That's all I was saying.

But yeah, the acting was pretty fucking bad.
The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle

Postby havocSchultz on Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:37 pm

The Ginger Man wrote:Dude?!? What's with all the Babylon 5 hate? I'll be the first to admit that the acting could be crap, the effects could be crap, and the...well, alot of it could be crap. But I was mainly comparing how the narrative worked.

I caught B5 on DVD about 2 years ago and just watched seasons 1-4 straight through. I was blown away by how it told a massive story over four years. Small, seemingly insignificant things in an early episode would snowball through multiple seasons, turning into massive plot points by the series' end.

So in that regard, I think B5 is great. And Buffy does it just as good, if not better at many times. That's all I was saying.

But yeah, the acting was pretty fucking bad.

Just to be clear, I wasn't agreeing with the Babylon/Texas Ranger comparison...I was just trying to explain it as I understood it...

I've never had a chance to check out Babylon5 - but I've always heard great stuff about it...it's just a matter of finding time to pick it up and give it it's due...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby MasterWhedon on Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:43 pm

Yeah, I've heard people rave about Babylon 5's structure but have yet to check it out. Once I get through Alias, The Wire and Deadwood on DVD, I might check it out.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Fried Gold on Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:54 pm

havocSchultz wrote:
Fried Gold wrote:
Fawst wrote:Buffy : Babylon 5 :: 24 : Walker, Texas Ranger

So:
Buffy and Babylon 5 both begin with "b".
Babylon 5 and 24 both have numbers in their title.

I don't get the link between the last two.....

I think he's trying to say that comparing Buffy to Babylon 5, is like comparing 24 to Walker, Texas Ranger (I'm assuming the show, and not Ricky Bobby's children...)

If I'm getting the gist of it - he's comparing the craptacular Walker to Babylon5...

Yeah I know, but I was no-selling it.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby havocSchultz on Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:55 pm

Fried Gold wrote:
havocSchultz wrote:
Fried Gold wrote:
Fawst wrote:Buffy : Babylon 5 :: 24 : Walker, Texas Ranger

So:
Buffy and Babylon 5 both begin with "b".
Babylon 5 and 24 both have numbers in their title.

I don't get the link between the last two.....

I think he's trying to say that comparing Buffy to Babylon 5, is like comparing 24 to Walker, Texas Ranger (I'm assuming the show, and not Ricky Bobby's children...)

If I'm getting the gist of it - he's comparing the craptacular Walker to Babylon5...

Yeah I know, but I was no-selling it.

Yeah...I figured that...but I thought I'd try and explain it (to the best of my comprehension) in case anybody actually didn't understand or thought you were serious...

But mostly because I wanted to throw the Ricky Bobby reference into a post...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:01 pm

I never saw one episode of B5. Is that weird? No hate...just never saw it. Should I get the DVDs now? Does it hold up ok?
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby The Ginger Man on Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:06 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote:I never saw one episode of B5. Is that weird? No hate...just never saw it. Should I get the DVDs now? Does it hold up ok?

The story holds up very well. The effects, especially in the earlier seasons, not so much. There are 5 seasons, but you only need to watch 1-4, then the last episode of 5. The original story was fit into the first 4, but the studio ordered a 5th, so that season is all fluff, with the shows original ending being the capper.

Again, I'll point out for those who might grab it, the human acting is pretty bad. The alien acting is much better. Those are the characters you really get into. And since the story works on a somewhat slow build, it's worth sticking with it through the early episodes until you start seeing threads appear/come together.
The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle

Postby Fried Gold on Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:24 pm

I haven't seen the DVD versions yet, but I'm told that the effects shots aren't really shown at their best - due to all the digital effects being archived in a relatively low grade fashion.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Ribbons on Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:49 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:Yeah, I've heard people rave about Babylon 5's structure but have yet to check it out. Once I get through Alias, The Wire and Deadwood on DVD, I might check it out.

Watching "Alias" now, eh? How far along are ye?
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby MasterWhedon on Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:56 pm

Ribbons wrote:
MasterWhedon wrote:Yeah, I've heard people rave about Babylon 5's structure but have yet to check it out. Once I get through Alias, The Wire and Deadwood on DVD, I might check it out.

Watching "Alias" now, eh? How far along are ye?

Actually, haven't started yet. I was about to, but then I figured with all my shows returning from reruns, I don't have time just yet. I think this summer I'm gonna go on a spree.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby burlivesleftnut on Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:08 am

I have watched too much B5, and I hate it. Perhaps, if the episodes I had seen had been more engaging, I would have gotten more into it, but sheesh, I saw most of S1 and then caught it sporadically after. I felt nothing.

Buffy was amazing because, much like the X-Men, I felt like the show was tapping into something personal. Buffy was a normal girl tuned into the extra-normal. And it certainly helped that the acting and script amplified the stories. Oh and the amazing fucking comedy of it all.

B5? From what I recall it was pretty humorless, the acting was shit, and the scripts were pretentious.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:27 am

burlivesleftnut wrote:B5? From what I recall it was pretty humorless, the acting was shit, and the scripts were pretentious.

now tell us how you really feel about it...
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby RogueScribner on Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:26 am

Buffy was a multi-layered series. Watch "Welcome to the Hellmouth" and then "Chosen" and tell me there wasn't a progression in the series. No character remained static, themes of love, death, and destiny were continuously explored. Buffy was more than the sum of its parts and how many shows can you say that about?

Smallville is what it is. It's nothing grander than the surface actions you see every week. Every blue moon it'll try to delve deeper, but it has that nasty reset button it likes to employ and I've quit watching the show as a result.

Heroes could be a great show some day, but it's not there yet. I don't really see it reaching for anything epic just yet, but maybe it will. I hope so. This show has loads of potential and I'd like to see it fulfill its promise.
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Fried Gold on Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:59 am

burlivesleftnut wrote:I have watched too much B5, and I hate it. Perhaps, if the episodes I had seen had been more engaging, I would have gotten more into it, but sheesh, I saw most of S1 and then caught it sporadically after. I felt nothing.

B5 Series 1 - not the best thing to judge it by.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:22 am

HAHAHAH. So how long am I supposed to watch a crap show before it becomes golden? That's ludicrous.

"Just keep watching, dude. I swear when you get to season 6 of King of Queens, it's all gonna pay off."
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Ribbons on Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:27 am

burlivesleftnut wrote:"Just keep watching, dude. I swear when you get to season 6 of King of Queens, it's all gonna pay off."

Really? Man, I wish I hadn't crapped out at season 5.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby TonyWilson on Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:34 am

burlivesleftnut wrote:HAHAHAH. So how long am I supposed to watch a crap show before it becomes golden? That's ludicrous.

"Just keep watching, dude. I swear when you get to season 6 of King of Queens, it's all gonna pay off."

So Smallville is gonna pay off when, Burl? :twisted:
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby cinephile2000 on Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:35 am

Smallville is what Buffy was in the first season a monster of the week show, it never seems to want to delve deeper. The only reason I still watch it is to find out when the stupid git is going to fly.
Buffy was a great metaphor for highschool and finding oneself. The second or third seasons I thought was the best of the series with later seasons getting way too depressing.

I agree with lost being a good idea not particularly well exicuted, but its the first season.
Just remember, your special like everyone else.
cinephile2000
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby so sorry on Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:46 am

burlivesleftnut wrote:HAHAHAH. So how long am I supposed to watch a crap show before it becomes golden? That's ludicrous.

screw you, I like King of Queens!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby havocSchultz on Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:09 am

so sorry wrote:

I can see why...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Fawst on Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:36 am

Ok, Ok, I took a cheap shot at B5 with my comparison. I really just wanted to throw a Walker reference in :)

Actually, I remember some really great episodes of B5. Like this absolutely gargantuan alien ship showing up out of nowhere and then just taking off. Someone makes an analogy of Humans to Ants, or something like that. I thought that was cool.

ALIAS :D My roommate bought me Season 1 for Christmas last year, she fell in love with it, bought the rest of them, and then when I was in the middle of season two, my fiancee made me start watching episodes that she was up to... in the middle of season 3. Yah, that didn't ruin TOO much of the show for me. I haven't picked it up since last summer, but now my roommate bought the Rombaldi Box Set, so I'm gonna start over from the beginning of Season 2. What an amazing show. And here I thought it was just Jenn Garner running around in hot little outfits... no, you get the hot little outfits AND guns AND Indiana Jones style mystery!
Prince of the Land of Stench!
Fawst
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:19 pm

TonyWilson wrote:
burlivesleftnut wrote:H AHAHAH. So how long am I supposed to watch a crap show before it becomes golden? That's ludicrous.

I would never ask anyone to watch the show... nor proclaim its great entertainment. I would with Buffy, but not Smallville. Why? Because I know it's not the best show around, but at this point, I love it like an old friend. AND all the Super-mythos episodes rock my nuts. So if at this point, it ain't your thing? I would quit watching.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby TonyWilson on Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:53 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:
TonyWilson wrote:
burlivesleftnut wrote: HAHAHAH. So how long am I supposed to watch a crap show before it becomes golden? That's ludicrous.

I would never ask anyone to watch the show... nor proclaim its great entertainment. I would with Buffy, but not Smallville. Why? Because I know it's not the best show around, but at this point, I love it like an old friend. AND all the Super-mythos episodes rock my nuts. So if at this point, it ain't your thing? I would quit watching.

Well I do watch Smallville, and I love the mythos episodes, I love anytime Clark does something cool. I think Lionel and Lex are excellent too, and Chloe is a hotty, but I cringe hard at some of the other stuff. Take the last ep for example. I didn't enjoy that at all whereas you seem to like that other stuff...if I'm wrong and you hate all the filler then I apologise for getting the wrong end of the stick.
There is going to be a payoff though, and we both know when Clarks in the suit taking off at the end of season 7 all the shit will be forgiven. it's just that soo many times I come away dissapointed.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson

Postby ONeillSG1 on Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:54 pm

havocSchultz wrote:
so sorry wrote:

I can see why...

Being a Scientologist negates the hotness.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby MasterWhedon on Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:56 pm

TonyWilson wrote:There is going to be a payoff though, and we both know when Clarks in the suit taking off at the end of season 7 all the shit will be forgiven. it's just that soo many times I come away dissapointed.

I had to leave the show because it frustrated me WAY the fuck too much, but I'll definitely be there for the series finale.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby burlivesleftnut on Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:58 pm

TonyWilson wrote:
burlivesleftnut wrote:
TonyWilson wrote:
burlivesleftnut wrote: HAHAHAH. So how long am I supposed to watch a crap show before it becomes golden? That's ludicrous.

Well I do watch Smallville, and I love the mythos episodes, I love anytime Clark does something cool. I think Lionel and Lex are excellent too, and Chloe is a hotty, but I cringe hard at some of the other stuff. Take the last ep for example. I didn't enjoy that at all whereas you seem to like that other stuff...if I'm wrong and you hate all the filler then I apologise for getting the wrong end of the stick.
There is going to be a payoff though, and we both know when Clarks in the suit taking off at the end of season 7 all the shit will be forgiven. it's just that soo many times I come away dissapointed.

I DO like the filler episodes. Do I love them? Nah, but they are more watchable than Law & Order: Dumbledore Sex Crimes Unit or CSI: Queer City. And its wrong to just say ALL the filler episodes suck. Sometimes they do one that knocks it out of the park, but whatever. I equate the filler episodes to Silver Age Comic-y goodness. Just a random villain for Clark to fight while he hones and skills and deceives his loved ones.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby RogueScribner on Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:46 am

MasterWhedon wrote:
TonyWilson wrote:There is going to be a payoff though, and we both know when Clarks in the suit taking off at the end of season 7 all the shit will be forgiven. it's just that soo many times I come away dissapointed.

I had to leave the show because it frustrated me WAY the fuck too much, but I'll definitely be there for the series finale.

Ditto.

In the end, what good the show has is always negated by the craptacular cheese that surrounds it. I'm hoping Heroes doesn't end up like Smallville.
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby MasterWhedon on Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:46 pm

And the winner is...

Poll #1: Which of the following superhero shows is the bomb diggidiest?

Buffy the Vampire Slayer 70% [ 21 ]
Smallville 6% [ 2 ]
Heroes 23% [ 7 ]

Total Votes : 30

...BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER!!

New poll up momentarily.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Peven on Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:48 pm

fucking browncoats and their multiple personalities/screennames

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby MasterWhedon on Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:50 pm

Poll #2 is up! HBO vs. HBO vs. HBO!!
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Peven on Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:52 pm

Deadwood pwns all.

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Vegeta on Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:54 pm

Deadwood, Cocksuckers!

Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY

Postby John-Locke on Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:01 pm

Anyone who votes Deadwood sucks cock through choice.

If you haven't seen The Wire you are missing out on not only the greatest HBO Show to date but the Greatest TV Drama of all time.

After The Wire I'd say The Sopranos is next, especially the early seasons.

I've not seen 6 Feet Under yet so I can't comment on where that should go on the list, Sex and the Shitty obviously goes right at the bottom of the pile, you forgot OZ and Carnivale of the list too.

For my money Rome is slightly better than Deadwood, the problem with Deadwood is it's fucking difficult to actually know whats going on, there is far too much characterisation and not enough plot development or action, plus the beautifully written dialogue is too rich to understand at times without watching it twice with the subtitles turned on.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Peven on Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:08 pm

John-Locke wrote:Anyone who votes Deadwood sucks cock through choice.

If you haven't seen The Wire you are missing out on not only the greatest HBO Show to date but the Greatest TV Drama of all time.

After The Wire I'd say The Sopranos is next, especially the early seasons.

I've not seen 6 Feet Under yet so I can't comment on where that should go on the list, Sex and the Shitty obviously goes right at the bottom of the pile, you forgot OZ and Carnivale of the list too.

For my money Rome is slightly better than Deadwood, the problem with Deadwood is it's fucking difficult to actually know whats going on, there is far too much characterisation and not enough plot development or action, plus the beautifully written dialogue is too rich to understand at times without watching it twice with the subtitles turned on.

you just can't understand it because you're a UK'er. :P and yeah, i have seen the Wire, and it is very good, but there a a shitload of very good cop shows. there is only one Deadwood.

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby MasterWhedon on Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:17 pm

Poll updated to include gratuitous male nudity, man-hugging and circus freaks.

RE-VOTE, FUCKHEADS!!
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby John-Locke on Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:18 pm

The WIre is not just a Cop show, it's far better than any other show with Cop Characters out there, it's comments on Society like no other show ever created and has the most believable characters too, it's not a case of good guys and bad guys being painted in Black and White, everyone is their own deviant shade of grey. I'm not saying Deadwood is a bad show, I do love it but if you had actually seen every episode of The Wire you would be voting for it on the poll. FACT.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Peven on Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:22 pm

John-Locke wrote:The WIre is not just a Cop show, it's far better than any other show with Cop Characters out there, it's comments on Society like no other show ever created and has the most believable characters too, it's not a case of good guys and bad guys being painted in Black and White, everyone is their own deviant shade of grey. I'm not saying Deadwood is a bad show, I do love it but if you had actually seen every episode of The Wire you would be voting for it on the poll. FACT.

oh come on, Locke. you think The Wire is the first cop show to depict "shades of grey"? it is one of the best cop shows ever produced, i give you that without reservation, but it wouldn't exist without shows like Hill Street Blues or NYPD Blue, just to name a couple off the top of my head.

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Fievel on Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:23 pm

1. Sopranos
2. Deadwood
3. Six Feet Under
4. The Larry Sanders Show (WHAT!?!? NO love for this in the poll!?!? SHAME!)
5. Entourage
6. Rome
7. Oz
8. Extras
9. 1st & 10
10 Phillip Marlowe, Private Eye
11. Not Necessarily The News
12. Fraggle Rock

Yeah, I kicked it way old school on the last 4 just to be cute.
I stopped watching The Wire after the second or third episode of the first season and never got back into it. I understand that it's good, just not something that I got into.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby MasterWhedon on Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:25 pm

Peven wrote:oh come on, Locke. you think The Wire is the first cop show to depict "shades of grey"? it is one of the best cop shows ever produced, i give you that without reservation, but it wouldn't exist without shows like Hill Street Blues or NYPD Blue, just to name a couple off the top of my head.

Or Homicide: Life on the Street, a pesonal favorite.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Peven on Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:27 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:
Peven wrote:oh come on, Locke. you think The Wire is the first cop show to depict "shades of grey"? it is one of the best cop shows ever produced, i give you that without reservation, but it wouldn't exist without shows like Hill Street Blues or NYPD Blue, just to name a couple off the top of my head.

another good example

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby John-Locke on Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:28 pm

Peven wrote:
John-Locke wrote:The WIre is not just a Cop show, it's far better than any other show with Cop Characters out there, it's comments on Society like no other show ever created and has the most believable characters too, it's not a case of good guys and bad guys being painted in Black and White, everyone is their own deviant shade of grey. I'm not saying Deadwood is a bad show, I do love it but if you had actually seen every episode of The Wire you would be voting for it on the poll. FACT.

oh come on, Locke. you think The Wire is the first cop show to depict "shades of grey"? it is one of the best cop shows ever produced, i give you that without reservation, but it wouldn't exist without shows like Hill Street Blues or NYPD Blue, just to name a couple off the top of my head.

Have you seen every single episode?

Again if you had I can state as fact that you'd be voting for it.

FACT
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby John-Locke on Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:29 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:

Yeah it owes a lot more to Homicide:LotS than it does to any other show, that and the mini series "The Corner" which was made by the same team who made The Wire.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Peven on Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:30 pm

John-Locke wrote:
Peven wrote:

FACT

you have been spending too much time around Kirk. :P :wink:

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Vegeta on Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:31 pm

Fact... Schmact.

Deadwood, cocksucker!
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY

Postby TonyWilson on Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:33 pm

Fear not JL, I'm working on an epic Wire post for this thread, give me an hour or so.
TonyWilson

Postby John-Locke on Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:34 pm

Fievel wrote:I stopped watching The Wire after the second or third episode of the first season and never got back into it. I understand that it's good, just not something that I got into.

I did the same thing when I first tried watching it, it starts slowly and throws you in at the deep end, I can assure you that if you are patient with it you should get hooked by the 5th or 6th episode.

Each Season has managed to get better and better too, there are well over 30 characters by the 4th season who come in and out of the story, all of whom are well rounded and believable.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby John-Locke on Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:38 pm

Peven wrote:
John-Locke wrote:
Peven wrote:

FACT

As always Peven my old chum, you are skirting over the question at hand.

Or have you seen a few and think that it's enough to form a concrete opinion on the quality of what every single person who has seen every single episode will tell you is the greatest TV show in the History of the World.

Hmmmm?
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Vegeta on Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:44 pm

Well, J-L is definetly living up to his ranking :P
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:45 pm

You can never turn an opinion into a FACT. That's just...

FUKT!!!!

Sorry, it was crying to be done.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Pacino86845 on Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:45 pm

John-Locke wrote:
Peven wrote:
John-Locke wrote:
Peven wrote:

FACT

As always Peven my old chum, you are skirting over the question at hand.

Or have you seen a few and think that it's enough to form a concrete opinion on the quality of what every single person who has seen every single episode will tell you is the greatest TV show in the History of the World.

Hmmmm?

Have you seen every episode of every tv show in the history of the world? THEN SHUT THE F**K UP!!!! 8)
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

PreviousNext

Return to Coaxial