NBC Universal Launches Horror Channel - Chiller - March 1st

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

NBC Universal Launches Horror Channel - Chiller - March 1st

Postby jason.cinema on Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:36 pm

NBC Universal Launches Horror Channel - Chiller - March 1st On DIRECTV

It'll be cool to see all of those old shows and I hope they dig deep into the vaults of their content providers. But I have to remember to temper my excitement just a tad when I see what NBC Universal's done with SCI FI through the years, Battlestar Galactica and the occasional miniseries excluded. Hopefully Chiller can avoid that and it will as long as Bonnie Hammer's nowhere near it.

Also chillernetwork.com currently redirects to NBC.com

Thoughts?

I sincerely hope that NBC Universal really puts a considerable effort into Chiller. Look I'm not naive. I know that both Sleuth and Chiller are basically, for the moment, a way for NBC Universal to make money off of the thousands of hours of programming in their and other companies vaults. And that's just fine with me, as long as the lineup is programmed with diversity and character. As I stated on another messageboard, Chiller might turn into SCI FI by 2013, with shows like WWE Fear Fights and Who Wants To Be A Serial Killer?. I'm crossing my fingers it doesn't and until it does I plan to watch Chiller and enjoy the repurposed programming, alot of which (Twin Peaks, Freddy's Nightmares, Friday The 13th: The Series, Alfred Hitchcock Presents) hasn't been on TV in a long time.
jason.cinema
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby Fried Gold on Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:44 pm

Hopefully it'll be as good as Zone Horror......
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby so sorry on Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:48 pm

despite the fact that this is most likely a spam thread, the idea of a Chiller Channel sounds pretty cool.
why the hell not? If universal/NBC has this shit lying around, why not dedicate a channel to it and try and earn a few extra bucks.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:14 pm

so sorry wrote:despite the fact that this is most likely a spam thread, the idea of a Chiller Channel sounds pretty cool.
why the hell not? If universal/NBC has this shit lying around, why not dedicate a channel to it and try and earn a few extra bucks.

Seems like a spam thread to me too, SS, but let's keep it open for now because it is an interesting topic.
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby stereosforgeeks on Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:27 pm

a chance to watch Twin Peaks again before that Season 2 DVD comes out in April?
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby unikrunk on Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:20 pm

Fear.net on Comcast On Demand service is pretty cool already, so, the more the scarier...

/I know, I am trying too hard
He can't' love you back...
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby so sorry on Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:31 pm

speaking of fearnet, I recently watched two movies that have been on my radar screen for years that i never got around to renting:

Pumpkinhead and Last House on the Left.

One of these was meh, and one made me want to reach thru my TV screen, grab the director behind the camera, punch him in the balls and simultaneously shove a broomhandle up his fucking sick-fuck ass (i'll let you figure out which was which). How anyone finds that film 'good' is beyond me.

/end.threadjack
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Chairman Kaga on Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:06 pm

This reminds me of what Sci-Fi was like when it started. Man I miss the horror stuff (though most of the time it was out of place with the whole sci-fi thing).
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby unikrunk on Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:09 pm

so sorry wrote:speaking of fearnet, I recently watched two movies that have been on my radar screen for years that i never got around to renting:

One of these was meh, and one made me want to reach thru my TV screen, grab the director behind the camera, punch him in the balls and simultaneously shove a broomhandle up his fucking sick-fuck ass (i'll let you figure out which was which). How anyone finds that film 'good' is beyond me.

/end.threadjack

I will take 'Last House on the Left' for a thousand, Alex.
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby so sorry on Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:23 pm

unikrunk wrote:
so sorry wrote:speaking of fearnet, I recently watched two movies that have been on my radar screen for years that i never got around to renting:

/end.threadjack

[Alex Trebeck]: The answer, "This 1970's shitfest contains child rape and some of the worst acting ever put to film, yet is regarded by some as a "classic" film" [/Alex Trebeck]
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:30 pm

so sorry wrote:[Alex Trebeck]: The answer, "This 1970's shitfest contains child rape and some of the worst acting ever put to film, yet is regarded by some as a "classic" film" [/Alex Trebeck]

Sean Connery wrote:What is Zardoz?

Hehehe... just a the little SNL Celebrity Jeopardy funny bit, eh?
DinoDeLaurentiis
SHE'S A THE SARAH SILVERMAN

Postby TheBaxter on Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:31 pm

so sorry wrote:
unikrunk wrote:

/end.threadjack

[Alex Trebeck]: The answer, "This 1970's shitfest contains child rape and some of the worst acting ever put to film, yet is regarded by some as a "classic" film" [/Alex Trebeck]

if you think that's bad, try watching the remaker, errr, i mean, tribute Chaos by Dave The Demon Defalco. it is at least redeemed by the ridiculous morgue feauturette on the DVD.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Chairman Kaga on Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:33 pm

Some movies need to be thought about in the context of the time period in which they were produced.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby unikrunk on Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:35 pm

DinoDeLaurentiis wrote:
so sorry wrote:[Alex Trebeck]: The answer, "This 1970's shitfest contains child rape and some of the worst acting ever put to film, yet is regarded by some as a "classic" film" [/Alex Trebeck]

Sean Connery wrote:What is Zardoz?

Hehehe... just a the little SNL Celebrity Jeopardy funny bit, eh?

IPAMPILASH! - Connery, you fucking maroon; what the shit was going on with you in the loincloth, riding around in a giant rock head? That is as far as I got; had to turn it off, pants wetting and all.
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby so sorry on Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:36 pm

Chairman Kaga wrote:Some movies need to be thought about in the context of the time period in which they were produced.

you mean the child-raping '70s?

good times :wink:

(did you see the :wink: this time?)
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Chairman Kaga on Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:03 pm

I was refering to Zardoz.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby unikrunk on Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:06 pm

Chairman Kaga wrote:I was refering to Zardoz.

it raped my childhood, if that helps any...
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby LaDracul on Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:45 pm

If it's able to resurrect "Transylvania" as a series, then I'm all for it.
LaDracul
AIRWOLF

Return to Coaxial