GAME OF THRONES

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Re: GAME OF THRONES

Postby Peven on Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:39 pm

sooooooo, if anyone took notice of the clip from the new season that was part of the HBO promo during halftime of the college national championship game you'll see that there was actually a pretty big reveal. while everyone has been focused on the Dani-Sansa face to face the more important thing revealed in the scene was that Jorah is still alive and has made it to Winterfell. in case you forgot, the last we saw Jorah he was on the wall with Tormund when the Night King's new dragon blasted it apart so it wasn't clear whether had survived or not, and since we see now that he survived it is a reasonable assumption that Tormund survived as well.
Image

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?
 
Posts: 14498
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:45 am
Location: Group W bench

Re: GAME OF THRONES

Postby so sorry on Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:02 pm

Peven wrote:sooooooo, if anyone took notice of the clip from the new season that was part of the HBO promo during halftime of the college national championship game you'll see that there was actually a pretty big reveal. while everyone has been focused on the Dani-Sansa face to face the more important thing revealed in the scene was that Jorah is still alive and has made it to Winterfell. in case you forgot, the last we saw Jorah he was on the wall with Tormund when the Night King's new dragon blasted it apart so it wasn't clear whether had survived or not, and since we see now that he survived it is a reasonable assumption that Tormund survived as well.



Nope, that was Beric Dondarrion up on the wall with Tormond. Jorah left with his Queen.
User avatar
so sorry
Deacon Blues
 
Posts: 15490
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:29 am

Re: GAME OF THRONES

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:16 pm

so sorry wrote:
Peven wrote:sooooooo, if anyone took notice of the clip from the new season that was part of the HBO promo during halftime of the college national championship game you'll see that there was actually a pretty big reveal. while everyone has been focused on the Dani-Sansa face to face the more important thing revealed in the scene was that Jorah is still alive and has made it to Winterfell. in case you forgot, the last we saw Jorah he was on the wall with Tormund when the Night King's new dragon blasted it apart so it wasn't clear whether had survived or not, and since we see now that he survived it is a reasonable assumption that Tormund survived as well.



Nope, that was Beric Dondarrion up on the wall with Tormond. Jorah left with his Queen.


yeah, he was in Kings Landing for Dany's meetup with Cersei. easy enough mistake to make, since these characters look alot alike, and considering how rushed everything was last season, with characters just travelling from the Wall to King's Landing and back in a single episode. one moment Jorah's up with Jon Snow capturing a white walker, the next he's down in Kings Landing dumping that same white walker at Cersei's feet.
Image
User avatar
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger
 
Posts: 18981
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:00 pm

Re: GAME OF THRONES

Postby Peven on Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:21 am

so sorry wrote:
Peven wrote:sooooooo, if anyone took notice of the clip from the new season that was part of the HBO promo during halftime of the college national championship game you'll see that there was actually a pretty big reveal. while everyone has been focused on the Dani-Sansa face to face the more important thing revealed in the scene was that Jorah is still alive and has made it to Winterfell. in case you forgot, the last we saw Jorah he was on the wall with Tormund when the Night King's new dragon blasted it apart so it wasn't clear whether had survived or not, and since we see now that he survived it is a reasonable assumption that Tormund survived as well.



Nope, that was Beric Dondarrion up on the wall with Tormond. Jorah left with his Queen.


dammit. :oops: :(
Image

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?
 
Posts: 14498
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:45 am
Location: Group W bench

Re: GAME OF THRONES

Postby so sorry on Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:31 pm

User avatar
so sorry
Deacon Blues
 
Posts: 15490
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:29 am

Re: GAME OF THRONES

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:15 pm

so sorry wrote:


that teaser has got to be the cheesiest thing this show has ever produced.
Image
User avatar
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger
 
Posts: 18981
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:00 pm

Re: GAME OF THRONES

Postby so sorry on Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:37 pm

TheBaxter wrote:
so sorry wrote:


that teaser has got to be the cheesiest thing this show has ever produced.



That was my first thought too... like fan-fic level. Message boards are alive with the talk about the statues.... Jon Targaryan's statue seems to show an OLDER Jon. Foreshadowing that he is the only Stark survivor?
User avatar
so sorry
Deacon Blues
 
Posts: 15490
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:29 am

Re: GAME OF THRONES

Postby Fievel on Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:49 pm

Some people think that the single feather in the beginning represents Bran as the 3-Eyed Raven.
Others think that the cold mist represents Bran as he will turn into the Night King.
Me? I just think it was a cheesy-as-hell production and don't want to see anything else until April 14.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
User avatar
Fievel
Mouse Of The House
 
Posts: 12113
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:07 pm
Location: White Lake, MI

Re: GAME OF THRONES

Postby so sorry on Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:00 pm

Fievel wrote:Some people think that the single feather in the beginning represents Bran as the 3-Eyed Raven.


Maybe. But Season 1 Episode 1, King Robert puts a feather in the hands of the statue of Lyanna and says something about how she always loved when he brought her exotic birds or some shit like that. So that feather has been down there since that day, not disturbed until this Soap Opera Promo happened????
User avatar
so sorry
Deacon Blues
 
Posts: 15490
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:29 am

Re: GAME OF THRONES

Postby Peven on Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:47 pm

i think it is a mistake to attempt any deciphering of hidden clues that aren't there. I can only imagine the fun they had making this teaser, chortling and giggling to themselves as they were packing in as many false leads as possible to send fans chasing their tails.
Image

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?
 
Posts: 14498
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:45 am
Location: Group W bench

Re: GAME OF THRONES

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:36 am

Peven wrote:i think it is a mistake to attempt any deciphering of hidden clues that aren't there. I can only imagine the fun they had making this teaser, chortling and giggling to themselves as they were packing in as many false leads as possible to send fans chasing their tails.


i dunno.... i'm pretty sure there's a clue there to the next book's release date, if we only keep looking.
Image
User avatar
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger
 
Posts: 18981
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:00 pm

Re: GAME OF THRONES

Postby so sorry on Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:03 am

Peven wrote:i think it is a mistake to attempt any deciphering of hidden clues that aren't there. I can only imagine the fun they had making this teaser, chortling and giggling to themselves as they were packing in as many false leads as possible to send fans chasing their tails.



Well that's the whole point of this teaser. To titillate the fans, keep them engaged and thinking while in show-hiatus.
User avatar
so sorry
Deacon Blues
 
Posts: 15490
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:29 am

Re: GAME OF THRONES

Postby Peven on Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:05 pm

so sorry wrote:
Peven wrote:i think it is a mistake to attempt any deciphering of hidden clues that aren't there. I can only imagine the fun they had making this teaser, chortling and giggling to themselves as they were packing in as many false leads as possible to send fans chasing their tails.



Well that's the whole point of this teaser. To titillate the fans, keep them engaged and thinking while in show-hiatus.


except that any thinking fan won't waste any time or energy wondering what it all means. teasers like this remind me that the general public are completely simple-minded and gullible
Image

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?
 
Posts: 14498
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:45 am
Location: Group W bench

Re: GAME OF THRONES

Postby so sorry on Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:22 pm

Peven wrote:except that any thinking fan won't waste any time or energy wondering what it all means. teasers like this remind me that the general public are completely simple-minded and gullible



I guess GoT biggest fans all voted for Trump, huh?
User avatar
so sorry
Deacon Blues
 
Posts: 15490
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:29 am

Re: GAME OF THRONES

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:37 pm

so sorry wrote:
Peven wrote:except that any thinking fan won't waste any time or energy wondering what it all means. teasers like this remind me that the general public are completely simple-minded and gullible



I guess GoT biggest fans all voted for Trump, huh?


only the ones who thought Joffrey made a great King.

where do you think they got that whole Wall idea from, anyway?

Image
Image
User avatar
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger
 
Posts: 18981
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:00 pm

Previous

Return to Coaxial

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests