SURVIVOR: Outwit. Outplay. Outlast!

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

You watch a the Survivor? BWAHAHAHA!!

Damn right, eh? She's a still a the best of a them all!
53%
Holy crappa, no way... I am a too elite for a that crappa.
20%
The tribe, she has a spoken, eh?
27%

Total votes : 15

No Survivor Love?

Postby so sorry on Tue May 13, 2008 8:38 am

So Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites ended Sunday night with a mild upset for the win.

After a few lackluster seasons recently, I think this one really stepped up and gave me some memorable moments, and had tons of twists and backstabs.

Next season... back to africa.

PS the lack of Survivor love here in the Zone has always annoyed me. :x
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Re: SURVIVOR: Outwit. Outplay. Outlast!

Postby so sorry on Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:40 pm

Once again, I stand alone in the Zone when it comes to still enjoying Survivor...

Survivor Gabon Cast

Looking forward to it, as usual
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Chris a.k.a StuntMike on Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:28 pm

I still watch it. Nothing even comes close to Australia though. Floods. Burns. Good stuff.
Chris a.k.a StuntMike
Not without incident

Postby Nick on Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:45 am

And it is in HD this year! YAY!
-nick
Nick
AICN Crew

Postby Nick on Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:42 pm

I don't know if anybody is watching this but this week is going to be pretty big in the history of Survivor.

There is a HUGE medical issue that throws the entire show for a loop. Jeff Probst came out and said that the entire crew was afraid the person was going to die.

Oh, and next season has the oilman Russell again. So he is doing back-to-back Survivor seasons literally back-to-back.
-nick
Nick
AICN Crew

Postby so sorry on Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:59 am

Yeah I'm still watching it.

I'm immune to the "Next Week on Survivor: the most shocking survivor moment ever!" stuff. Remember the season where the guy burned his hands really badly? They played that up like his hands had melted to the bone...

My hatred for Russell the Oilman has simmered down a little, but he's still the biggest douche in survivor history IMO.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby tfactor on Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:47 pm

Russell gets to play in back to back seasons? WTH? thats BULLSHIT! Isn't that guy already a millionnaire? Seriously there would be no way in hell that he would succeed in his second attempt after people watch this years season. People will not be such idiots about him on the next turn because of how he is acting currently. Sort of like how Johnny Fairplay was booted with the first couple votes his second time through the show. People knew he was a liar and voted him off accordingly. Same thing should happen to Russell.

Anyway I'm not sure what the big injury is this week. From what we could tell from the coming attractions - it happens during one of the challenges and it looked like most of them were blind folded. So we just assumed someone (Mullet lady, we think) banged them self good by not being able to see where they were going. Probst stops the event and medics rush in. So not really sure how serious the injury will be? It certainly isn't someone passing out and falling face first into the big bonfire (like that Australia season) and getting 3rd degree burns. You can't really do more than burn a lot of your flesh away by falling into a Fire.

We'll see, all I hope for in this season really is that someone calls Russell out on being the snake in the grass that he is and I think that it is coming. Once that Immunity Idol comes into play - he should be gone! If he makes it past the merger - I'd be surprised. Time will tell...
-T
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby Nick on Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:27 pm

tfactor wrote:Seriously there would be no way in hell that he would succeed in his second attempt after people watch this years season.

Nobody got to watch him because S20 was filmed immediately following S19. He is the only contestant that is a completely unknown to the folks playing in S20

*WARNING* Spoiler for S19: Russell is actually one of the final 3 in S19 so he is going to be physically weak going into S20.

tfactor wrote:Anyway I'm not sure what the big injury is this week. From what we could tell from the coming attractions - it happens during one of the challenges and it looked like most of them were blind folded. So we just assumed someone (Mullet lady, we think) banged them self good by not being able to see where they were going. Probst stops the event and medics rush in. So not really sure how serious the injury will be? It certainly isn't someone passing out and falling face first into the big bonfire (like that Australia season) and getting 3rd degree burns. You can't really do more than burn a lot of your flesh away by falling into a Fire.

CBS posted an internet promo that tells you who it is and teases the next episode even more. YouTube Link

If you don't like Russell find another show :)
-nick
Nick
AICN Crew

Postby tfactor on Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:56 pm

:shock: :x UUuugggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Well regardless of what happens - Thank you Nick, for this heads up! My expectations clearly need adjusting

Unfortunately until "I'm a celebrity get me out of here" comes back - Survivor is the only outlet I have to which I can watch people get hurt for money. :o :wink: <--that makes this comment "all better" right?

Seriously though perhaps they need to change the show's moto to: outwit, outplay, outdouche! :roll:

I will admit that this all will make for a very interesting Finale episode but by then it will be TOO LATE! That guy is a snake in the grass, plus the fucker already has lots of money?!?! AAAaaaaarrrrggghhhhh!!! I much prefer when people like that professor guy (the one who made the super convincing fake idol) - win the game, it gives the show integrity.

You know what I mean: let the winner be someone who actually deserves it. More so someone who (like me) would actually use that millionnaire dollars for something absolutely awesome like: building a castle or a drive-in movie theatre or a castle with a drive-in theatre.

-t
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby Nick on Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:55 pm

tfactor wrote:You know what I mean: let the winner be someone who actually deserves it. More so someone who (like me) would actually use that millionnaire dollars for something absolutely awesome like: building a castle or a drive-in movie theatre or a castle with a drive-in theatre.

Or a drive-in theater showing the first season of the TV show Castle
-nick
Nick
AICN Crew

Postby so sorry on Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:32 pm

tfactor wrote:You know what I mean: let the winner be someone who actually deserves it. More so someone who (like me) would actually use that millionnaire dollars for something absolutely awesome like: building a castle or a drive-in movie theatre or a castle with a drive-in theatre.

Despite my love for your castle/drive in idea, I don't agree with your "someone who deserves it" idea. Just because the dude's wealthy doesn't mean he doesn't deserve to get wealthier. They cast interesting characters that they think will drive the show, not needy poor people who need the money more than others.

Can't wait to see this mega-injury tonight... I better see a limb hanging by a thread or a head impaled on bamboo or some shit like that.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby tfactor on Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:58 am

Wow that guys blood pressure was super low, honestly I don't think he was dieing though. Is was scary to witness but after getting him some food and drink or even a direct IV for a couple minutes - he would have been fine within a couple hours. Probst was a dick by calling off the whole damn challenge entirely. And I seriously think if he wasn't sitting right there witnessing the fainting - the results would have been different.

The show must go on Probst you douchbag! And I'm not trying to be harsh to Russell but he was simply dehidrated and exausted himself, his blood pressure was super low because he pushed himself to hard and was likely malnurished. People do that shit all the time. I'm reminded of that lady running the race video where she gets within 20 feet of the finish and falls down, then starts trying to crawling weakly to the finish line but can barely hold herself up.

I think, unless there is some enspecified medical issue (serious heart condition or problem or whatever) with the proper treatment Russell could have recovered quickly and been back in the game. He would have needed to take it easy but otherwise could have recovered before the next challenge. I feel bad for the guy because I would have been pissed if this happened to me.

That ending with Russell's smile getting wiped from his ugly mug after getting a verbal bitch slap from the guy on the other team was the best part of the episode. Overly dramatic but still a great moment.
-T
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby so sorry on Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:13 am

I think you're taking the dropping blood pressure issue a bit lightly... two times like that over the course of an hour or so (I'm guessing but could be wrong) indicates serious issues IN THAT ENVIRONMENT. Just slapping an IV in for an hour and sending him back to camp is a terrible idea. The marathon runner you use as an example probably ended up in a hospital for 24 hours after her experience. She didn't just take a rest and run another marathon. And giving russell a day to recoup at the medical basecamp would be giving him an unfair advantage over his tribemates, who would continue to suffer for those 24 hours etc. Its unfortunate to see a strong competitor go out like that, but I suspect that if one of the "weak" girls had that same thing happen to them, no one would bat an eyelash about letting them go home.
What bothered me the most was Probst's dramatic conversation with Russell: the dude is having serious health problems right in front of you, and you compound the situation by stressing him out telling him he's being taken out of the game. Asshole, you can't wait until his fucking heart rate stabilizes before you hit him with bad news? Why not step on his balls while you're at it? Douche.
And as I suspected, the "drama" of the worst injury in survivor history was ultimately not what I was expecting.

The constant rain is a bitch on this game... I imagine the producers were hating it. Lots of wasted hours of people literally sitting under leaves etc.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby tfactor on Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:31 am

yeah you're right, I just watched the video of Russell 24 hours later and he still doesn't seem to be recovered. He is sitting up and talking but he felt like he coud have died that day. So perhaps the blood pressure coud repeat its major drop and the risk is greater. Still sucks...

Plus you hit the nail on the head with Probst and how he handled the situation. It totally crushed Russell to the point where he said the next day he almost wished he had died. The obviously result of Probst sticking it in and breaking it off while the guy is already down.

"Russell listen I'm kicking you out of the game but I wanted to also tell you - we found out that you're wife got lonely and slept with your neighbor while you were here. Oh and while he was driving away from your house after having banged your wife; he drove over your dog. Yep mr pickles is dead. But don't worry - you'll see them in a couple weeks. And last thing we don't have a room at the hotel so you're going to need to sleep in the woods tonight. Now I'm just going to put my gun down here next to you, but don't touch it because its loaded..."
:evil:
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby Nick on Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:56 am

I think the fact that Jeff is a douche is an accepted fact by people who watch the game

Jeff posted an entry to his blog on Entertainment Weekly's website. Has some more details.
-nick
Nick
AICN Crew

Postby so sorry on Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:13 pm

February's Villians vs. Heroes season lineup confirmed.

God help me I still love this show.

"Villians" isn't the derogatory term I'd use for those douchebags though. Heroes vs. Douchebags just doesn't have the same ring to it I guess.

P.S. Thank God no Johnny Assplay this time around.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby so sorry on Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:58 am

ANybody watch the first episode last night?

Beuller? Crickets? Confused Pete? Anybody????
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Crickets on Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:31 pm

Sorry. I just never could get into this. I tune in and chirp out...
Crickets
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby so sorry on Fri May 22, 2015 10:42 am

Anybody still watch Survivor? Good season this year. Some really despicable people, some good drama, a couple of cuties for eye candy. I'd say this season was a rebound year. Amazing that they've gone thru 30 seasons already...
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Previous

Return to Coaxial