Teenwolf Remake - yep... you read that right!

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Postby Fawst on Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:26 pm

The fact that they were the Beavers is all kinds of funny, too :D

Stiles ruled because not only was he in Teen Wolf... he was in Iron Eagle!!! One of the greatest stupid "Go America!" movies of all time. The others were just stupid.

Something tells me we won't get a Jell-o down the shirt moment either. That was just too 80's. Now it will be like edible underwear eating contest.

Actually, now that I think about it, this remake could be interesting. If they went with an all-teen cast and make it an R-rated comedy, we could get all kinds of greatness. Give this movie to Eli Roth. He's bringing the beaver back, baby! Honestly, they could totally remake this and have it be all kinds of funny and scary! Jesus, my brain is popping with ideas now. What's a sexy female sport? Basketball is done, go with uhh... FIELD HOCKEY!!! That makes sense, a werewolf would tear shit UP on the field.

Then again, now that I think about it, didn't they ignore the whole full moon aspect in the original? Or at least, his first change came from the moon, but then it was at will? Female wolf they could change it up to be that it happens cuz of her period! Fuck the moon, let's go total ballz out crazy with this! AND SHE'S A LESBIAN!? Oh my god, what a GREAT idea! Ok, so we have a teenage lesbian werewolf that plays field hockey and ... and ... her best friend is a transvestite!!! They could have this whole moral thing going on about don't change who you really are, the wolf is not her, the tranny is not him! Or it IS him, and he goes back to being a guy for a while, then realizes that he's really a woman on the inside, just like she's a wolf on the outside only! YAH!!! It makes no sense but it's bat-shit crazy!!!

WITH BEAVER SHOTS!!!

... I want to go home from work, now, thank you.
Prince of the Land of Stench!
Fawst
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby WinslowLeach on Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:31 pm

Teen Wolf was/is a really great feel good movie for me. It may have been 80s cheese, but so what? I like the characters, the van surfing, the Big Bad Wolf dance scene. The basketball sequences. It was F-U-N. I saw it at the movies when I was 11 and had a great time and I still watch it when its on TV.
WinslowLeach
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Nachokoolaid on Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:41 pm

Fact:

An extra is caught zipping up his fly because he has it down on the last shot of the film.

That always makes me laugh. Is the remake going to recapture THAT kind of magic? I doubt it.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby minstrel on Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:41 pm

Fawst has had too much caffeine.
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency

Postby Fawst on Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:44 pm

I'M HOLLYWOOD, BABY!!! My ideas are GOLD, I piss BRILLIANCE!!!

Actually, yah, I got a little carried away. But for the most part, I wasn't kidding about all that. I mean, seriously, a lesbian teenage werewolf? It would make that sex scene backstage at the play that much more interesting...
Fawst
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby WinslowLeach on Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:46 pm

BREAKING NEWS!!

SANJAYA MALAKAR IS PLAYING THE FEMALE WOLF!!
WinslowLeach
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby minstrel on Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:46 pm

Get yourself an agent, Fawst! You're going places!

:)
minstrel

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:48 pm

Fawst wrote:I'M HOLLYWOOD, BABY!!! My ideas are GOLD, I piss BRILLIANCE!!!

Somebody has a been a reading a the Dino's vanity license plate, no?

Hehehe...
DinoDeLaurentiis
SHE'S A THE SARAH SILVERMAN

Postby so sorry on Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:50 pm

So Michael J Fox did an interview and he was asked about the Teen Wolf Remake:

For movie geeks of a certain age — and let's be honest, a certain gender — Michael J Fox's howlin' badass Scott Howard in Teen Wolf is, was, and ever shall be the epitome of cool.

So when Variety reported last week that a remake of the 1985 Rod Daniel classic was in the works with TV's Smallville Superman as the new Teen Wolf, a collective grumbling could be heard. Well, it turns out the diehard fans aren't the only ones grumbling: Fox isn't exactly thrilled about the idea either.

During an interview with Entertainment Weekly about his upcoming role in Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez's Grindhouse (which opens April 6), Fox sounded off on Hollywood's shameless addiction to remakes, why they seem to be picking on his old movies in particular, and why Teen Wolf absolutely has to be played by an American actor.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Over the past couple of months, Variety has reported that Hollywood is remaking Doc Hollywood and now Teen Wolf. What's your take on that?
MICHAEL J FOX: [Laughs] They're remaking everything I've ever done.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Some people are really attached to those movies.
MICHAEL J FOX:Yeah, I think that's what happens to people as they get older, they get territorial and proprietary about these things. However, I will say that when I was told who was going to play Teen Wolf, my initial reaction was ''Oh, man!'' [Fox winces].

messing with teen wolf is a whole different level of heresy...
People come up to me and say, ''You played Teen Wolf.'' I didn't play Teen Wolf, I created him!"

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: What if they asked you to do a cameo in the new Teen Wolf, or play the Vice Principal Rusty Thorne role?

MICHAEL J FOX: F--- that! I am Teen Wolf! It's like Sean Connery always watching someone else do their version of Bond. I think one of the things, for instance, about Teen Wolf that appealed to me was that it wasn't a special effects extravaganza. It's a quiet, dark world and it revolved around watching the behavior of this one guy. He's a fascinating character. In fact, he's the most complex character I've ever played.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby WinslowLeach on Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:51 pm

WTG MIKE!!! Thats my DAWG!!! THATS WHAT IM TALKIN 'BOUT!! :D
Last edited by WinslowLeach on Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WinslowLeach
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fawst on Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:01 pm

That's fucking brilliant! You actually had me until the "picking on him" bit when I woke up :D
Fawst
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby unikrunk on Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:07 pm

I have a feeling that Winslow likes Teen Wolf.

/but I have been wrong before...
He can't' love you back...
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby buster00 on Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:09 pm

Whoa, back up...

Michael J. Fox wrote:It's a quiet, dark world and it revolved around watching the behavior of this one guy. He's a fascinating character. In fact, he's the most complex character I've ever played.

Teen Wolf is the most complex character you've ever played...?

Teen Wolf. Seriously.

Whatever you say, bud.
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby WinslowLeach on Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:10 pm

YOU DONT EVER QUESTION THE FOX!!! :D
WinslowLeach
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fawst on Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:16 pm

buster00 wrote:Whoa, back up...

Michael J. Fox wrote:It's a quiet, dark world and it revolved around watching the behavior of this one guy. He's a fascinating character. In fact, he's the most complex character I've ever played.

Teen Wolf is the most complex character you've ever played...?

Teen Wolf. Seriously.

Whatever you say, bud.

Words cannot express just how funny that is.
Fawst
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby havocSchultz on Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:17 pm

so sorry wrote:So Michael J Fox did an interview and he was asked about the Teen Wolf Remake:

For movie geeks of a certain age — and let's be honest, a certain gender — Michael J Fox's howlin' badass Scott Howard in Teen Wolf is, was, and ever shall be the epitome of cool.

So when Variety reported last week that a remake of the 1985 Rod Daniel classic was in the works with TV's Smallville Superman as the new Teen Wolf, a collective grumbling could be heard. Well, it turns out the diehard fans aren't the only ones grumbling: Fox isn't exactly thrilled about the idea either.

During an interview with Entertainment Weekly about his upcoming role in Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez's Grindhouse (which opens April 6), Fox sounded off on Hollywood's shameless addiction to remakes, why they seem to be picking on his old movies in particular, and why Teen Wolf absolutely has to be played by an American actor.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Over the past couple of months, Variety has reported that Hollywood is remaking Doc Hollywood and now Teen Wolf. What's your take on that?
MICHAEL J FOX: [Laughs] They're remaking everything I've ever done.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Some people are really attached to those movies.
MICHAEL J FOX:Yeah, I think that's what happens to people as they get older, they get territorial and proprietary about these things. However, I will say that when I was told who was going to play Teen Wolf, my initial reaction was ''Oh, man!'' [Fox winces].

messing with teen wolf is a whole different level of heresy...
People come up to me and say, ''You played Teen Wolf.'' I didn't play Teen Wolf, I created him!"

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: What if they asked you to do a cameo in the new Teen Wolf, or play the Vice Principal Rusty Thorne role?

MICHAEL J FOX: F--- that! I am Teen Wolf! It's like Sean Connery always watching someone else do their version of Bond. I think one of the things, for instance, about Teen Wolf that appealed to me was that it wasn't a special effects extravaganza. It's a quiet, dark world and it revolved around watching the behavior of this one guy. He's a fascinating character. In fact, he's the most complex character I've ever played.

Bwhahahahaha...!!!

Take that Kurt Plissken!!!
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby buster00 on Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:23 pm

buster00 wrote:Teen Wolf is the most complex character you've ever played...?

Teen Wolf. Seriously.

Whatever you say, bud.

so sorry, via PM wrote:you do realize I made that "interview" up, right?

Its the interview that Kurt Russell gave regarding the Escape From New York remake...
I just replaced some words... hilarity ensued. you were confused. more hilarity ensued.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!! PWNT!!!1!!1!!!!

+1 so sorry!
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:43 pm

Fawst wrote:I'M HOLLYWOOD, BABY!!! My ideas are GOLD, I piss BRILLIANCE!!!

Actually, yah, I got a little carried away. But for the most part, I wasn't kidding about all that. I mean, seriously, a lesbian teenage werewolf? It would make that sex scene backstage at the play that much more interesting...

it is a well-established (by me) fact that the original 'teen wolf' was an allegory for a teenage boy discovering and coming to terms with his homosexuality.

so the lesbian angle is a natural way to go in the remake.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby minstrel on Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:46 pm

TheBaxter wrote:it is a well-established (by me) fact that the original 'teen wolf' was an allegory for a teenage boy discovering and coming to terms with his homosexuality.

This post goes SO BEAUTIFULLY with your av ...

:)
minstrel

Postby Anti-Christ on Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:23 am

A female Teen Wolf. What would the tagline be? Want to meet a real bitch?
Image Creating worlds
Anti-Christ
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby tapehead on Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:37 am

Cha-Ka Khan wrote:I loved the Ginger Snaps series! It gave me hope that female lycans can be sexy again after being horrified by seeing Julie Delpy's hairy wolf boobies in An American Werewolf in Paris.

For me it was Hairy-blonde ape Patricia Arquette in Human Nature.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby vicious_bastard on Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:08 am

I can dust off my "What are you looking at, dicknose?" shirt! Then use it to beat out the flames of my blazing childhood memories.
vicious_bastard
AIRWOLF

Postby silentbobafett on Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:34 am

That blonde in Teenwolf played an important part in my !growing up"

Wills he be back Iw onder?

Anyone? :-)
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby buster00 on Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:41 am

Ooooh, do I ever remember her.

I was still more attracted to Boof...

buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby silentbobafett on Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:45 am

No no noooo the blonde!

The divvy one who Fox Wolf wants to buff but chooses the brunette instead.... that blonde had a heated PG scene in a changing room behind the school stage. Remember? Or is my mind, bearing in mind I haven't seen this film in like a decade, over blowing the situation?

I remember that and back flips on the van - WHICH RULED!

Any new version with out that... would suck balls... :-)
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby vicious_bastard on Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:25 am

Anti-Christ wrote:A female Teen Wolf. What would the tagnuts be? Want to meet a real bitch?

"Hollywood needs her and she needs a Hollywood"

Wasn't there a threesome in Teen Wolf Too? One of the worst sequels ever, I reckon. Logically, there should be a full-blown gangbang in this one.
vicious_bastard
AIRWOLF

Re: Teenwolf Remake - yep... you read that right!

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:23 pm

TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:32 am

But can he get his new name on a cake?
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:48 am

Tyrone_Shoelaces wrote:But can he get his new name on a cake?

depends in whether walmart finds "teen wolf" references offensive.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby TheButcher on Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:42 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:52 pm

god dammit.
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby RogueScribner on Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:54 pm

But who will play Stiles???
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:42 pm

RogueScribner wrote:But who will play Stiles???

probably one of the Jonas Brothers.
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby Nachokoolaid on Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:24 pm

But wouldn't you want to see a version of the story that centered around football? Oh, and instead of being a teen comedy, it's a hard R rated horror/mystery where the lead goes around killing everything and he's hunted down by a former football great who joined the FBI after his playing days were done and a group of badass wolf-hunting mercenaries? Well, you're in luck my friends. Because my script, TIMBERWOLVES, tells that exact story.

Hope this remake doesn't kill it's chances of seeing the light of day.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby MrTheBoxOffice on Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:13 pm

A remake of Teen Wolf???? Does that really have too happen???? I was having a good day till I just choked on the cock of truth.
I am TheMrBoxOffice and I am America

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheMrBoxOffice
MrTheBoxOffice
GLIB

Postby SilentBobX on Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:38 pm

You know something? I'm numb to this whole 'remake outrage' that with any luck will die along with the current case of remake-itis that Hollywood has injected into its putrid little veins. On the waterfront remake with Brendan Fraser? Big deal, it's still shown on TCM and the dvd is available. Jaws remake rated pg13 with no blood and Adam Sandler as Quint? Yawwwwwn.

The only thing all this angst and anger will do is kill us before we've had a chance to enjoy what little life we all have. Just give me the originals on dvd and you can remake whatever you want. Star Wars, Patton, Spiderman, Rio Bravo, Jurassic Park, Bridge on the River Kwai. I don't care anymore.

Mahalo
SilentBobX
AIRWOLF

Postby TheButcher on Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:24 am

From THR:
'Teen Wolf' pilot moving ahead at MTV - Reinvention is 'very different from' 1985 film, network says
Nellie Andreeva wrote:MTV's reinvention of the 1980s movie "Teen Wolf" is inching closer to reality with a pilot presentation order.

The cable network announced the project in January as part of its development slate. After seeing the script, MTV brass picked it up to presentation.

The 1985 film starred Michael J. Fox as a teenager who discovers he is a werewolf. The MTV version will be set in high school, draw from the horror genre to explore werewolf mythology and include a romantic plot line.

"It has a fresh take and is very different from the original," said Liz Gateley, senior vp MTV series development. "It has more of an 'American Werewolf in Paris' feel to it. It's a dramatic thriller with two best friends in the center who provide a great comedy element: They are two very relatable characters on the outer circles of popular cliques."

The new "Wolf" was written by "Criminal Minds" creator Jeff Davis, who executive produces the pilot with Marty Adelstein (Fox's "Prison Break") and Rene Echevarria (ABC's "Castle").

The '80s continue to be hot at the broadcast networks, with contemporary remakes of the feature "Parenthood" and miniseries "V" set to launch next season on NBC and ABC, respectively, and ABC and Fox developing series based on "St. Elmo's Fire" and "Heathers," respectively.

As part of its push in scripted TV, MTV recently ordered another high school project, the comedy "Hard Times," to series. It also is developing a U.S. version of the raunchy U.K. teen series "Skins."
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:20 am

an 'american werewolf in paris' vibe? really? is that REALLY the touchstone you want to use for a werewolf story?
maybe they meant 'american werewolf in LONDON' and got their geography mixed up. the 'two best friends' description would fit AAWWIL better than AAWWIP.
anyway, i'm not that interested in a werewolf tv show. not unless it has chuck connors, at least.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby TheButcher on Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:52 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:26 pm

The film, directed by Russell Mulcahy, serves as a TV pilot for MTV.

Rapidly losing whatever interest I had...
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

MTV'S TEEN WOLF REBOOT

Postby TheButcher on Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:03 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Previous

Return to Coaxial