Weeds (SPOILERS!)

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Re: Weeds (SPOILERS!!!)

Postby stereosforgeeks on Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:32 pm

Evil Hobbit wrote:Spank spank spank! What an episode, spank spank!

Silas with the Milf
Nancy's ass
Nancys naked photos which shane has in safe keeping
Doug the border patrolman.
Doug and Andy as Coyotes. "IMMIGRATION!"

Funny stuff all around. Nancy will totally start dating that mayor shortly.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Fievel on Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:29 pm

stereosforgeeks wrote:
Evil Hobbit wrote:Spank spank spank! What an episode, spank spank!

Silas with the Milf
Nancy's ass
Nancys naked photos which shane has in safe keeping
Doug the border patrolman.
Doug and Andy as Coyotes. "IMMIGRATION!"

Funny stuff all around. Nancy will totally start dating that mayor shortly.

If by "safe keeping" you mean "at his bedside so that he can look at them at night and shove his hand down his pants", then yeah.... mildly funny, seriously gross.
The kid had enough issues seeing his dead dad, and now he's spanking it to nude pictures of his Mom? Fuck! I need therapy after that!!!!

The intense Mayor-to-Nancy spanking scene was hot, quick, and hilarious... and all wrapped up in a neat package.
This season is getting more interesting.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Evil Hobbit on Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:56 pm

And the best part... it was REAL spanking ! Or at least, it looked like that. Her butt became more red with each spanky spank! This season is hilarious. And Shane probably thought if Silas can have a Milf...
Evil Hobbit
AIRWOLF

Postby stereosforgeeks on Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:45 pm

Well season 4 is over folks and while I loved the season I hated the ending.

Qualms:
Pregnancy? seriously.
Shane has gone from being someone who never liked what his mom did to a drug dealer in the finale. That plot point felt a bit hurried to feel true. Ohh and Shanes bitches are annoying.
Celia being kidnapped? Come on now that plot came out of nowhere.

That said the episode had a lot of strong points:
Nancy ordering the gift basket.
Dougs autoerotic asphyxiation.
Nancy naked chat with andy.
Silas growing up and realizing the mistakes his mom is making.

Anyway I am looking forward to season 5.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Re: Weeds (SPOILERS!)

Postby Evil Hobbit on Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:31 pm

Shane is obviously dealing because he wants the attention he doesn't get at home. I also thought Celia's whole journey to Mexico and being kidnapped was unexpected and out of the blue. LOVED the rest of the episode though. Incredible acting in the Gift ordering scene. Doug's fantasy, holy fuck :shock:
Evil Hobbit
AIRWOLF

Postby stereosforgeeks on Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:05 pm

Evil Hobbit wrote:Shane is obviously dealing because he wants the attention he doesn't get at home. I also thought Celia's whole journey to Mexico and being kidnapped was unexpected and out of the blue. LOVED the rest of the episode though. Incredible acting in the Gift ordering scene. Doug's fantasy, holy fuck :shock:

Your right but Shane was always a rational person trying to get his mom away from this stuff. Remember Pittsburgh? I wasnt really complaining about the plot itself rather that it seemed a little abrupt.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Fievel on Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:47 pm

stereosforgeeks wrote:Well season 4 is over folks and while I loved the season I hated the ending.

Dougs autoerotic asphyxiation.
Nancy naked chat with andy.

My favorite two parts of the episode.
Doug's scene had me a bit worried. I was sure that he'd try to hang himself and screw it up somehow.
But when he started jerking off, I was howling out loud. Kevin Nealon fucking rocks in this show.

The naked chat with Andy was a really neat scene. I liked that.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby psychedelic on Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:15 pm

Just finished Season 4 via On Demand. I've seen all seasons and think season 4 is hands downthe best one. It's at least twice as good as any previous season. Think it's hysterical Celia is kidnapped by her daughter. I checked, it is the same actress playing Quinn as in the first two episodes of season 1. Always thought it was odd they didn't just outright recast the daughter role instead of the flimsy "away in boarding school" excuse they did. But now they made it pay off.

Does anyone else think Silas never got punished enough for a) knocking up his poor deaf girlfriend, and b) putting Nancy into the world of shit with U-Turn? I still want him to suffer more. He's really a douche.

After the misery Shane's endured, I'm glad he's getting 3-ways on a regular basis. But those girls are cun!s. He deserves better.

I'd love it if both Albert Brooks and Zooey Deschanel came back in season 5. Their characters are nut bags in their own unique ways.
"The sky was the color of a television tuned to a dead channel."
psychedelic
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Fievel on Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:04 am

This season is about as interesting as this thread since last November.
Too many stories.
Not enough substance or development in any of them.

Sigh.
Last edited by Fievel on Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Fievel on Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:56 am

Fievel wrote:This season is about as interesting as this thread since last November.
Too many stories.
Not enough substance or development in any of them.

Sigh.

Dude, I hear you. But what about that season finale!?!?
THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!!
Holy crap I didn't see that coming. DID YOU?!?
Wait... don't answer that.

Instead, keep it inside and let it slowly ferment until it is a sweet intoxicating answer.
Then, unleash it to the world you magnificent mouse.

Go now..... and ferment.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby stereosforgeeks on Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:04 pm

Another terrible season with only hints of funny.

Shane has ghad the best character arc of the series and it makes sense where he ended up at the end of the season.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Fievel on Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:57 pm

stereosforgeeks wrote:Another terrible season with only hints of funny.

Yes!
This series, in general, has pissed me off. It doesn't know what it wants to be. Is it a comedy? A drama? Is it supposed to be realistic or ludicrous?

If they would have kept to the basic premise of "suburban housewife widow sells marijuana to make ends meet" I thoroughly believe this show would still be golden.

But no... they had to make Kevin Nealon's character SO ridiculously stupid that it makes no sense.
They had to enter gang thugs into the picture.
They burn down the ENTIRE TOWN.

Then they move beachside..... hope returns!
Then they throw in a Mexican drug cartel... the fake pregnant woman's store... and ultimately THE MAYOR OF TIJUANA?!?!

Oh I forgot.... it's about marijuana... it HAS to be ridiculously stupid. :roll:
Sigh.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby John-Locke on Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:17 pm

And yet we all still watch.

:?:
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Fievel on Thu May 06, 2010 8:17 pm

And now Weeds is losing one of its stars... who was awesome... back when the show was about selling weed in the suburbs to make ends meet.

Bye bye Celia.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Fievel on Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:59 pm

As much as I loathed the direction of the show...... the new season brings promise?

Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Nice Marmot on Fri May 27, 2011 8:36 am

http://www.screenjunkies.com/movies/mov ... is-season/

Aidan Quinn And Martin Short To Share The Blame For ‘Weeds’

by Penn Collins

In a move that isn’t doing much to dispel the perception that the show is increasingly all-over-the-place, “Weeds” has picked up two new guest stars. One of the added characters will be wacky, the other will be wacky only in his non-wackiness. Think about it.

Aidan Quinn will assume the role of a non-wacky “charismatic investment firm CEO.” Wow, it’s like the producers of “Weeds” are reading my dream journal. Martin Short, sadly, will not be reprising his role as Uncle Jack, the parapelegic fitness guru from “Arrested Development.” He will be playing an “eccentric attorney.” Seriously, guys. GET OUT OF MY DREAM JOURNAL!

The upcoming season of “Weeds” jumps forward three years after Nancy Botwin’s prison stint is up and she’s ready to join the outside world via a New York halfway house. The shake-up is welcome, given that the previous formulas haven’t seemed to worked well for the show in recent years. In this scenario, Aidan Quinn and Martin Short are pulling double duty in a “Cousin Oliver” role. Those adorable moppets!
Nice Marmot
REAL DRAGON

Previous

Return to Coaxial