I Watched 'Heroes' And All I Got Was This Lousy Thread

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Re: The Official "Heroes" Thread

Postby ONeillSG1 on Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:35 pm

Bloo wrote:that was my impression as well, that he stillhad the mimic ability but with a new slate

I also predict that Peter and Ando will meet up, Ando will supercharge Peter and he will have not only the power to supercharge others but the power to act like an antenna, grabbing as many powers he can from people around the world. Thus, a REBOOT of PETER.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby Brit Pop on Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:47 pm

I reckon Peter is only able to either a) use one at a time now... or b) can only use the power of the last person he touched... because he now has to touch them as opposed to just being near them.

When he got Mohinders strength he was kicking ass... then when he had touched toothy... he got his ass kicked pretty definitively.
Brit Pop
AIRWOLF

Postby RaulMonkey on Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:49 pm

ONeillSG1 wrote:
Bloo wrote:that was my impression as well, that he stillhad the mimic ability but with a new slate

I also predict that Peter and Ando will meet up, Ando will supercharge Peter and he will have not only the power to supercharge others but the power to act like an antenna, grabbing as many powers he can from people around the world. Thus, a REBOOT of PETER.

They should just make Heroes like The Simpsons and have everything return to a certain status quo at the end of every episode. They pretty much reboot characters on a weekly basis anyway, so they ought to lose the pretension of this ongoing "epic" storyline.
RaulMonkey
ZONE AMBASSADOR

Postby Bloo on Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:37 pm

RaulMonkey wrote:
ONeillSG1 wrote:

They should just make Heroes like The Simpsons and have everything return to a certain status quo at the end of every episode. They pretty much reboot characters on a weekly basis anyway, so they ought to lose the pretension of this ongoing "epic" storyline.

So Peter would be Homer?
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby Fievel on Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:46 am

Parkman = Barney
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby RaulMonkey on Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:40 pm

Well, I think Clare could have stayed in high school for a few seasons, and maintained her "mild mannered" life as a cheerleader. And Mohinder could have had daily duties as a scientist, and Peter could be a drifter who's always bothering his famous politician brother Nathan, Matt's a cop etc. etc. etc. But then there's a weekly baddie, and they have to break away to go kick some ass, get into the occasional scrap with each other, raise a topical issue or two from the day's headlines... And by the end of the episode they're back home on the couch with a mug of cocoa, reminiscing about everything they went through, ready for the next adventure.

NBC wanted a Lost-like mythology, but it seems like the whole conceit of Lost--people stuck on an island--serves as a baseline status quo to keep the story grounded. I've only seen a few First Season episodes of Lost, so someone else can speak to how successful they've been with the consistency of the characters.
RaulMonkey
ZONE AMBASSADOR

Postby Fievel on Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:52 pm

RaulMonkey wrote:NBC wanted a Lost-like mythology, but it seems like the whole conceit of Lost--people stuck on an island--serves as a baseline status quo to keep the story grounded. I've only seen a few First Season episodes of Lost, so someone else can speak to how successful they've been with the consistency of the characters.

Pretty well, actually. Any inconsistencies have been pretty well justified by later episodes.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby papalazeru on Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:54 pm

Bloo wrote:
RaulMonkey wrote:
ONeillSG1 wrote:

So Peter would be Homer?

More like Itchy and Scratchy....they all die every week....or so it would appear *scratches philosopher type beard*
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby Brit Pop on Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:13 am

Should I be the first to say it?

Dare I incur the wrath of my fellow zoners...

Will I be blacklisted quicker than a writer with a picture of Che on his notebook?

Oh well... here goes...

Apart from some clunky dialogue... usually delivered by either Peter or Claire...

THIS SEASON IS ACTUALLY QUITE GOOD - SO FAR.
Brit Pop
AIRWOLF

Postby Fievel on Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:44 pm

Yeah, I'm liking the darker turn so far.
But I do already miss Nemesis. I'm really surprised they killed her.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Fievel on Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:44 pm

Fievel wrote:
papalazeru wrote:
Fievel wrote:YES! The Fallout 3 reference was awesome!!!
I meant to go back and try to read the name on the door but forgot and gaffneyed it from my DVR.

It wasn't the name, it was the little pip boy look a likey on the door. The boy that looks likes the pilsbury dough boy.

I know about the little guy. I was just hoping it was the Megaton Watch Shop or something.

ONeillSG1 wrote:Well, at least Peter has super strength and freeze powers. Just like Milo's famous movie father, HE'S GETTING STRONG NOW!!!!

Does he have ALL those powers? I was getting the impression that he only has one power at a time - depending on the last superhero he touched.

I was right!.....I think?
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby papalazeru on Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:48 pm

Fievel wrote:I was right!.....I think?

Peter's power originally is that he could emulate a person power once he had met them (or touched them now), could keep using those powers if he thought of the person.

He has used two powers at one time before. I remember FG mentioning it.

papalazeru

Postby Fievel on Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:53 pm

papalazeru wrote:
Fievel wrote:I was right!.....I think?

Peter's power originally is that he could emulate a person power once he had met them (or touched them now), could keep using those powers if he thought of the person.

Right, but now once he touches someone the old power is gone. He has no catalogue of powers to search from.
Notice he had to touch Nathan again to be able to fly out of there.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby papalazeru on Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:15 pm

Maybe he doesn't know yet?

I don't know. It's pretty shit if that's his power. That just means that no villain will get near him and take him out from a distance.

papalazeru

Postby Fievel on Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:32 pm

If Sylar's power(s) could suffer a similar fate, then I'd really be happy.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby papalazeru on Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:33 pm

Fievel wrote:If Sylar's power(s) could suffer a similar fate, then I'd really be happy.

But then everyone else would kick there asses.

I wish Elle was still around.

I mean, it's ok for Ando to touch people and give them power, because he's an ancilliary character but for supposedly the star?

papalazeru

Postby Fievel on Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:38 pm

I wish Nemesis girl would have fallen for Elle instead of Matt.
Sigh.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Bloo on Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:26 am

you know last night's ep wasn't bad, but I kinda wish that it had been The President, then Chuck and had a night off of Heros

in other words, I really missed Chuck last night while Heros was kind of touch and go
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby papalazeru on Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:02 pm

The boy that with Sylar, I think it's Sylar's dad.

papalazeru

Postby Brit Pop on Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:14 pm

papalazeru wrote:The boy that with Sylar, I think it's Sylar's dad.

Do you think he turns the frozen donkey wheel the wrong way and goes back in time?
Brit Pop
AIRWOLF

Postby papalazeru on Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:04 am

Brit Pop wrote:

Do you think he turns the frozen donkey wheel the wrong way and goes back in time?

No, I think his Dad has a case of the Benjamin Button, or a sexual predaliction to priests. Either way, Sylar's new son came across a little too 'convenient'

papalazeru

Postby EnnisDelMar on Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:47 pm

I really enjoyed last night's episode, more so then I have in a while. I completely identify with the hero plight. Being a homosexual myself, I know what it's like to be targeted [by the company known as the religious right / christianity].

That aside, please kill off Claire Bennett. Why does she get more screen time then any one else? Why does Ando and Hiro also get so much screen time when they are the least interesting? I'm really intrigued by [the girl who can freeze people]'s story line. I like where they are headed in terms of this gestapo-like push to round up those that are different and intern them, which is all based out of fear.

What did NOT work about last night's episode is when Claire suddenly cries as her faux-father announces his departure from the Bennett family home. She should of looked at him and said "Goodbye."

Claire's character is horribly written what with after her being caught and release four times in the last episode. I've just had enough of her character. I do however like this new character named Alex, the merman, if not only for aesthetic reasons.

J.M. Prater
EnnisDelMar
GLIB

Postby Brit Pop on Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:51 pm

Claires got a new boy-interest... yay - it may get as tedious as Lana n Clark. I preferred Thomas Dekker... but he's kicking ass in Terminator - wont be seein' him no more!

I kinda like the Parkman / Mohinder / Peter bad ass-squad that has formed...

Its just a shame Ando and Hiro seem to have branched off into a separate 'Quantum Leap' style show... so what? they have a full album of Parkman-prophecies... and will travel the globe, hoping that each new leap... will be thier leap back to something resembling a purpose for getting any screen time? Hope so.

He'll doubltess be not getting his power back anytime soon - the writers must have been paying attention to all the talkback scuttlebutt...

"So obviously... a character that has the ability to stop time... to travel through time... and to be able to teleport anywhere on the planet... whether it be Hiro, Peter, Sylar, or Arthur (RIP)... would pretty much be unstoppable by anyone and anything - so its a pretty stupid power give someone, because they would be able to condense each season down to about 35 seconds of action-packed intelligently-dialogued and beatifully-acted bufoonery!"
Brit Pop
AIRWOLF

Postby Bloo on Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:28 am

Last nights episdoe was ok, but not great

and unlike the new zoner above me, I don't like freezing girl's power, get rid of Ali Later, please

mass killings all around

and part of me kind of wishes that Clarie would have chosen to go to KU, so that they could bring back the Lawerence, KS comic book geeks (Seth Green and...Breckin Myer?)
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby Fried Gold on Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:38 am

Heroes starts up here again on Monday (BBC2 9pm) ...for all those who aren't bothered enough about it anymore to download the US showings.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby WalkingToaster on Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:36 pm

Heroes is really getting on my nerves. I'll try to explain this to you. I knew from the beginning, that Heroes won't be what I really liked to watch on TV. That would have been an X-Men like story (still without yellow spandex but with some kind of costume). It's what Heroes could have become but never will be.

I grew accustomed to that and after more than ten boring episodes of the first season I began to like the series. And the second season convinced me that the story contained some really good stuff that powered a red line in an overall arc story. That's what I like most in modern genre TV-series. Series like Babylon 5, the latter half of DS9 , Battlestar Galactica, Kyle XY, etc... that's cool stuff.

As I said, I loved the second season of Heroes much. And I still can't understand why Tim Kring kept on apologizing for such an interesting show back then. Season three continued the good work and developed some characters like Ando and Sylar. I especially liked what they did with Sylar, what changed him from pure evil into a more "coherent" grey character.
But then the second half of the season started. I heard some weeks earlier that a few people from the writing staff were fired, because of mistakes they made. But what followed was an even greater mistake. I feel really lost in that series now! Instead of making everything public they pull back and making me feel that we are back to first season. Everybody goes into hiding. Cheerleaders father works for the wrong people again (can he please one day decide what's the right thing to do? This character is growing more and more implausible.) And Sylar back to psychokiller? No, thank you. What they did to Heroes simply feels like a reboot to me. Throw away your DVDs and Blu-Rays. The story begins here anew.

Do they know where they want to go? I don't think so. Please Mr. Krings take some lessons from Ron Moore or Joe Straczynski. They can surely help you.
living in darkness / sleeping in light
WalkingToaster
GLIB

Postby papalazeru on Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:47 am

After this weeks ep...I feel this is more and more coming true.

papalazeru

Postby Daredrummer on Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:48 am

COLD WARS

Everything was going well. I was totally into this ep, very reminiscent of Company Man. Here we are in Fugitives, and Matt Parkman has Noah tied to a chair at gunpoint, torturing him by digging through his brain. Mohinder is assaulting government officers, it's crazy. And then, it happened.

I had loved the whole entire episode. It slightly bothered me that it seemed that we were dealing with basically the Company being remade, and then repeating the whole storyline, but I felt like I was just being an internet booger eater and decided to let my enjoyment of the episode outweigh that.

So, that being established, I was loving it. And then they returned to the one thing I had despised about the season thus far.

MORE FRAKKING FUTURE PAINTING!!!!!

Man! What a kick right to the nuts to end the episode with the one thing I hate, and not to mention it involved ANOTHER exploded city/state/planet/house/universe/anthill painting. My god, to my understanding this was Jeph Loeb's last episode and he ended it with....A PAINTING OF TEH FUTURZ WIT TEH BLOW UP CITYZ!!! Pathetic.

And you mean to tell me...Matt Parkman....with basically Professor X's abilities, doesn't know that his soulmate...the person he loves and obsesses over is still alive? He didn't ever stop to meditate and try to see? Or have some weird dream? OR PAINT THAT SHE WAS ALIVE?!?!

Oh well at least there was no Claire mucking things up by being a stupid rebellious brat.

God what is up with this show's split personality?

50% awesome
50% totally offendingly stupid

ps Peter absorbs the powers of people he touches....he should've gotten 20 feet away with Parkman then crashed to the ground. MAybe he could've read his own mind and discovered he is an idiot that fucks everything up.
Daredrummer
GLIB

Postby Bloo on Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:55 am

I think Peter has to "focus" on stealing the power now after the plane crash which makes no sense but in the ep where icegirl betrays him and he's holding onto Nathan, there's a like flash that he steals the power
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby Daredrummer on Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:08 am

Hmmm. Ok. Fine. I accept that. Peter has to consciously take the power...it's not just contact-only.

Easy explanation...surprised it didn't occur to me.

Next!
Daredrummer
GLIB

Postby Brit Pop on Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:35 am

Daredrummer wrote:ps Peter absorbs the powers of people he touches....he should've gotten 20 feet away with Parkman then crashed to the ground. MAybe he could've read his own mind and discovered he is an idiot that fucks everything up.

That is a good point - and that would have been hilarious to see Peter and Matt crashing through a drive in cinema screen... or into a Starbucks or something!

And yes, bloody stupid future painting of yet another nuclear blast that must be prevented...

"Suit up team... we're goin to DC!"
Brit Pop
AIRWOLF

Postby Hermanator X on Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:43 am

Brit Pop wrote:
Daredrummer wrote:ps Peter absorbs the powers of people he touches....he should've gotten 20 feet away with Parkman then crashed to the ground. MAybe he could've read his own mind and discovered he is an idiot that fucks everything up.

That is a good point - and that would have been hilarious to see Peter and Matt crashing through a drive in cinema screen... or into a Starbucks or something!

And yes, bloody stupid future painting of yet another nuclear blast that must be prevented...

"Suit up team... we're goin to DC!"

Which only ever come to pass/or come close to happening because of the actions of the protagonists. If they see the paintings, they should say "Whoa, better lay low for a while, or I will more than likely cause this to happen due to my idiocy"

Plus Parkmans chick, does he only love her cos a painting told him to? Better photoshop myself into a Monica Belluci photo and mail it to her pronto.
...and so forth.
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF

Postby Brit Pop on Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:49 am

Hermanator X wrote:Plus Parkmans chick, does he only love her cos a painting told him to? Better photoshop myself into a Monica Belluci photo and mail it to her pronto.

They never seem to be able to let any actors go on this show, but do feel the need to kill off characters and miraculously bring them back after a while!

Ali Larter receives a phone call...

"Yeah hi Ali, at the end of season four we're gonna kill off the Tracy character, but then wou will become Barbara - she has the ability to bite through concrete.
Brit Pop
AIRWOLF

Postby Hermanator X on Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:53 am

Brit Pop wrote:
Hermanator X wrote:Plus Parkmans chick, does he only love her cos a painting told him to? Better photoshop myself into a Monica Belluci photo and mail it to her pronto.

They never seem to be able to let any actors go on this show, but do feel the need to kill off characters and miraculously bring them back after a while!

Ali Larter receives a phone call...

"Yeah hi Ali, at the end of season four we're gonna kill off the Tracy character, but then wou will become Barbara - she has the ability to bite through concrete.

That will save on special effects costs. GO GO LARTER JAW!!
...and so forth.
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF

Postby CeeBeeUK on Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:33 pm

So, three weeks ago we get a musical Fallout reference, now we get a Washington DC, ravaged by a nuclear explosion.

Building 26 should have been Vault 26!

Super Mohinder Behemoth for the finale!
CeeBeeUK
WAIRWOLF GAME

Postby Fievel on Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:49 pm

I actually think the show would be a thousand times more interesting if DC did burn.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Bloo on Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:52 pm

Fievel wrote:I actually think the show would be a thousand times more interesting if DC did burn.

I agree...actually have something happen that has lasting consequences

Loeb wrote this ep right? I wonder if he set things up b/c he knew he was leaving and was like "here take this Fuller"
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby curiousgeorge on Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:33 am

No I don't think so, dude. What made you assume that this is so? Maybe it's a good episode and you just can't see through to the levels as you have a shallow look on things. I mean, your talk of consequences. Where is it written that everything has to have consequences or not? Who says so? You? Maybe if you Zen and philosophise more about life and fate, you'll realise that this doesn't have to be. Things just are. It's that simple. Are clear? ARE WE CLEAR???!!!!!
curiousgeorge
GLIB

Postby stereosforgeeks on Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:42 am

I think Bloo was referring tot he fact that characters and motivations seem to change on a dime without rhyme or reason.

Bloo seems to be wanting actual characters rather than simple chess pieces that are plot devices.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Fievel on Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:45 am

curiousgeorge wrote:No I don't think so, dude. What made you assume that this is so? Maybe it's a good episode and you just can't see through to the levels as you have a shallow look on things. I mean, your talk of consequences. Where is it written that everything has to have consequences or not? Who says so? You? Maybe if you Zen and philosophise more about life and fate, you'll realise that this doesn't have to be. Things just are. It's that simple. Are clear? ARE WE CLEAR???!!!!!

Someone didn't have their banana this morning.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:58 am

Fievel wrote:
curiousgeorge wrote:No I don't think so, dude. What made you assume that this is so? Maybe it's a good episode and you just can't see through to the levels as you have a shallow look on things. I mean, your talk of consequences. Where is it written that everything has to have consequences or not? Who says so? You? Maybe if you Zen and philosophise more about life and fate, you'll realise that this doesn't have to be. Things just are. It's that simple. Are clear? ARE WE CLEAR???!!!!!

i was about to say that that guy sounds like the typical Heroes fan... then i realized that would be an insult even to Heroes fans.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Fievel on Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:21 am

TheBaxter wrote:
Fievel wrote:

i was about to say that that guy sounds like the typical Heroes fan... then i realized that would be an insult even to Heroes fans.

Sounds like someone just came into a thread for an argument.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby burlivesleftnut on Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:18 pm

This episode was a clusterfuck. Noah ain't that interesting, and god damn it Suresh changes from episode to episode. He even changes WITHIN an episode. I mean last volume he was a totally obsessed super villain. Now he's lecturing people about ethics and shit. And the, the supposedly smartest man in the room, goes out and hands his ass to the Feds so Matt could do one more mind read. Fuck that. If Noah opened up his mind Matt should just be able to be all "oh he's totally right she is alive lol sorry". The inconsistency of these people's powers is both amusing and frustrating. And then we had Pete going after the cancer patient. Did Pete really think he was going to have the cojones to kill him? Jesus.

The only cool part was Pete escaping the warehouse.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Bloo on Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:45 pm

stereosforgeeks wrote:I think Bloo was referring tot he fact that characters and motivations seem to change on a dime without rhyme or reason.

Bloo seems to be wanting actual characters rather than simple chess pieces that are plot devices.

thank you for recognizing what I'm actually looking for

wow I gotta wonder if that was Loeb
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby Fievel on Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:12 am

Bloo wrote:wow I gotta wonder if that was Loeb

We'll see next episode? Is the next one Fuller's return?
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Bloo on Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:12 am

I'm not sure...Fuller came back on what 3.11, 3.12 something like that
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby stereosforgeeks on Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:07 am

Bloo wrote:I'm not sure...Fuller came back on what 3.11, 3.12 something like that

3.19 is his first ep back. though i doubt he can correct this sinking ship.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Bloo on Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:36 am

stereosforgeeks wrote:
Bloo wrote:I'm not sure...Fuller came back on what 3.11, 3.12 something like that

3.19 is his first ep back. though i doubt he can correct this sinking ship.

man, that's a long wait...yeah I don't know if he can fix it

I don't know if the show can be fixed but here's my suggestion

FULLER as showrunner

PAUL DINI as creative consultant/producer

next year launch a series of made fo TV HEROES movies, no overall threat or plot, take it from different time periods, each one written (and if possible directed) by someone with geek/comic book cred

THE COMPANY's past (feat. Bennet, Claude, Thompson, The Petrillis, Nakamaura, Bob, etc)--written by Warren Ellis

SYLAR-Garth Ennis

a PETER heavy story (Nathan and Peter perhaps and a few others)-Grant Morrison

CLAIRE-Gail Simone

HIRO/ANDO (future perhaps? try and correct as much continuity as possible) written by Geoff Johns

if you could get Brain K Vaughn write one (don't know if ABC would let him but you never know), have Paul Dini and Bruce Timm write one

do 6 or 8 then take a break and come back renewed and refreashed, or keep this format and make it kind of the old NBC Sat Night Mysteries or Perry Mason movis, maybe not every week but once every couple of months, make it an event for awhile

That's what I would do if I had any creative control

It would also allow you to tell stories in the past and bring back fan favorites and answer some damn questions
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby Fievel on Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:45 am

Genius idea Bloo!
Th serial format is not working here.

Too bad they'd never go for it.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Bloo on Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:53 am

they are trying way to hard to be seriel to compete with LOST or 24 and it's not working

HEROES needs to spin the frozen donkey whell and get back on track (ala 24 in s3 and the last season of 24)

but yeah they would never go for it
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

PreviousNext

Return to Coaxial