HBO SUCKS!

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

HBO SUCKS!

Postby PHATON on Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:50 am

LISTEN I'm all for saying shit but HBO shouldn't be on television. They use the foul language and promote violence through shows like the sopranoes.Is anyone else with me here? I mean i'm sure other people feel offended when they change the channel and they catch some guy screamin the F-word. I just think there's no need for it. Channels that don't have the intelligence to use other words shouldn't be on the air.
PHATON
GLIB

Postby unikrunk on Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:02 am

He can't' love you back...
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby SilentBobX on Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:18 am

unikrunk, you sir, are SO right.

MAHALO

Mahalo
SilentBobX
AIRWOLF

Postby PHATON on Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:20 am

It s a persons opinion silent bob. Back on topic.
PHATON
GLIB

Postby Chilli on Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:21 am

PHATON wrote:It s a persons opinion silent bob. Back on topic.

You're a troll, read the rules.
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby unikrunk on Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:23 am

FATONE is not a troll:

rom: PHATON
To: unikrunk
Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:16 am
Subject: WE NEED TO TALK.
STOP HARRASSING MY THREADS. IF YOU DO YOUR GOING TO PAY. FUCK YOU AND FUCK OFF BITCH. YOUR A LITTLE GEY BITCH COMIN TO ME WITH ALL THAT SHIT MUTHAFUCKER.GO GET A FUCKING LIFE NERD HERDER. YOUR PROBABLY A FUCKIN TREKKY
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Chilli on Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:25 am

unikrunk wrote:FATONE is not a troll:

rom: PHATON
To: unikrunk
Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:16 am
Subject: WE NEED TO TALK.
STOP HARRASSING MY THREADS. IF YOU DO YOUR GOING TO PAY. FUCK YOU AND FUCK OFF BITCH. YOUR A LITTLE GEY BITCH COMIN TO ME WITH ALL THAT SHIT MUTHAFUCKER.GO GET A FUCKING LIFE NERD HERDER. YOUR PROBABLY A FUCKIN TREKKY

:lol:

Learn to type.
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby SilentBobX on Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:29 am

PHATON wrote:It s a persons opinion silent bob. Back on topic.

Yes, and I'm agreeing with unikrunk's opinion on you.

I say ignore the lil pissbag. He'll run out of steam soon enough or get tossed for harassment.

Mahalo
SilentBobX
AIRWOLF

Postby PHATON on Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:31 am

Your the one harassing motherfuker, fuk off and get serious. fukin trekkies. I'll report you guys I don't think you'll like that.
PHATON
GLIB

Postby Coheed_and_Cambria on Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:34 am

Dude, Are you serious. What kind of drugs are you on THIS very moment.

OK, lets try this.......

.....PUT DOWN THE CRACK PIPE...

Walk away from it slowly.

You don't ever touch those rocks again, they can cause delusions, and be very bad for you!
Last edited by Coheed_and_Cambria on Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Coheed_and_Cambria
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby Chilli on Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:34 am

PHATON wrote:Your the one harassing motherfuker, fuk off and get serious. fukin trekkies. I'll report you guys I don't think you'll like that.

Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby unikrunk on Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:34 am

PHATON wrote:Your the one harassing motherfuker, fuk off and get serious. fukin trekkies. I'll report you guys I don't think you'll like that.

To whom are you referring?

If it’s me, I better step to it and start with the harassing, no?

So to start with; STFU and GBTTB
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby PHATON on Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:36 am

ROM is so yesterday Fuckbag!
PHATON
GLIB

Postby Chilli on Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:37 am

PHATON wrote:ROM is so yesterday Fuckbag!

OFF-TOPIC

B3N... B3N... B3N....
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby Bruno Gerussi on Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:39 am

unikrunk is a fuckbag!

Speaking of bags, I saw your dear old Dad at the mall yesterday, PHATON. I told him I liked his purse and he hit me with it. What's up with that?

We Greeks are cool with what you and your Dad get up to trust me, we practically invented it.

No Shame, PHATON, no shame.
Molly can't reach this far...
Bruno Gerussi
GLIB

Postby Chilli on Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:40 am

Bruno Gerussi wrote:

unikrunk is a fuckbag!

Speaking of bags, I saw your dear old Dad at the mall yesterday, PHATON. I told him I liked his purse and he hit me with it. What's up with that?

We Greeks are cool with what you and your Dad get up to trust me, we practically invented it.

No Shame, PHATON, no shame.

Back on topic.
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:41 am

b4nn3d him, and his little alt too...
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Chilli on Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:42 am

Keepcoolbutcare wrote:b4nn3d him, and his little alt too...

Now hit him - Bruno Gerussi
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:45 am

Chilli wrote:Now hit him - Bruno Gerussi

oh no, we'll keep teh Bruno, he's good peeps.

'cept when he argues with himself...
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Maui on Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:12 am

Bruno Gerussi wrote:Speaking of bags, I saw your dear old Dad at the mall yesterday, PHATON. I told him I liked his purse and he hit me with it. What's up with that?

hahahahah, Go Bruno Go! :lol:
Maui
WoWie

Postby Fievel on Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:42 am

You know what really sucks?
A vacuum.

HBO 4-evaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!

I still remember HBO back when it was the only pay channel we could get. We had to put the TV on channel 3 and then turn a knob/dial on this set-top box we called "The HBO Box" in order to turn HBO on. We also got a HBO-specific guide with the cable bill every month. The best part of that was the "Coming Next Month" part at the end that showed what movies we'd see the next month.

Kids today.
They don't appreciate this shit.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby minstrel on Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:47 am

HBO is relentlessly great. They show movies uncut and uncensored and without big ads popping up all over the screen.

AND the produce some of the best TV ever made.
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency

Postby Chilli on Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:52 am

For Deadwood alone, HBO DESERVES RESPECT.
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby minstrel on Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:16 pm

Chilli wrote:For Deadwood alone, HBO DESERVES RESPECT.

And From The Earth To The Moon. That's a magnificent miniseries.
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency

Postby Maui on Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:17 pm

I LOVE ME SOME HBO!!!

Big Love, Sopranos, Flight of the Conchords.......the list goes on and on.
Maui
WoWie

Postby Wolfpack on Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:22 pm

Chill, dude. It's just a word. If this is all it takes to make you unhappy, the rest of your life is going to be one fucking hell.
"Alright Shaggy - you and Scooby head over that way. The girls and I will go this way."
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby Fievel on Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:22 pm

Chilli wrote:For Deadwood alone, HBO DESERVES RESPECT.

Cocksuckers.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Evil Hobbit on Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:25 pm

What a loopy hoopleheaded Struggling Background Artist milcking cocksucker you must be to pay a monthly fee to be offended.
Evil Hobbit
AIRWOLF

Re: HBO SUCKS!

Postby TheBaxter on Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:26 pm

PHATON wrote:LISTEN I'm all for saying shit but HBO shouldn't be on television. They use the foul language and promote violence through shows like the sopranoes.Is anyone else with me here? I mean i'm sure other people feel offended when they change the channel and they catch some guy screamin the F-word. I just think there's no need for it. Channels that don't have the intelligence to use other words shouldn't be on the air.

let me be the first to say the obvious... if you hate HBO so much, WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU PAYING FOR IT!?!?

and second of all...

PHATON wrote:LISTEN I'm all for saying shit but HBO shouldn't be on television. They use the foul language and promote violence through shows like the sopranoes.Is anyone else with me here? I mean i'm sure other people feel offended when they change the channel and they catch some guy screamin the F-word. I just think there's no need for it. Channels that don't have the intelligence to use other words shouldn't be on the air.

PHATON, later on, wrote:Your the one harassing motherfuker, fuk off and get serious. fukin trekkies. I'll report you guys I don't think you'll like that.

ummm.... yeah.... i guess it's not the F-word if you spell it wrong?
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Wolfpack on Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:32 pm

I'm starting to think PHATON is the alter-ego of an already established, legitimate Zoner out for a few laughs.
"Alright Shaggy - you and Scooby head over that way. The girls and I will go this way."
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby Chilli on Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:41 pm

Wolfpack wrote:Chill, dude. It's just a word. If this is all it takes to make you unhappy, the rest of your life is going to be one fucking hell.

?

I'm not unhappy, I'm just bemused people can say HBO sucks. Deadwood is a brilliant, brilliant TV show, and there's a good 3 - 4 other great shows that have come out of HBO.

Cocksuckers.

Fark you and your gold claims, ya farking gentlemenly gentlemn.

What a loopy hoopleheaded Struggling Background Artist milcking cocksucker you must be to pay a monthly fee to be offended.

You marrrffffafarkers got shit in your brain and blanks in your belly.
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby Wolfpack on Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:44 pm

Chilli wrote:
Wolfpack wrote:Chill, dude. It's just a word. If this is all it takes to make you unhappy, the rest of your life is going to be one fucking hell.

?

I'm not unhappy, I'm just bemused people can say HBO sucks. Deadwood is a brilliant, brilliant TV show, and there's a good 3 - 4 other great shows that have come out of HBO.

Cocksuckers.

I was actually talking to PHATON. Sorry, I should have put the quote in there to make it clearer.
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby Chilli on Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:45 pm

Wolfpack wrote:
Chilli wrote:

?

Cocksuckers.

I was actually talking to PHATON. Sorry, I should have put the quote in there to make it clearer.

Radical.

I think Phaton's left the building anyway. Useless cocksarker.
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby Fievel on Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:04 pm

Good and great original shows on HBO (a lot likely missing):

-The Larry Sanders Show
-Dream On
-Oz
-Sopranos
-Band of Brothers (the best ever)
-Deadwood
-Six Feet Under
-Fraggle Rock
-Kids In The Hall
-John From Cincinnati
-Rome
-Real Time With Bill Maher
-The Dennis Miller Show
-From The Earth To The Moon
-Big Love
-Entourage
-Curb Your Enthusiasm
-Philip Marlowe, Private Eye
-Da Ali G Show
-Extras
-Flight Of The Conchords
-The Wire
-Mr. Show
-Sex In The City
-Carnivale
-Spawn
-Arli$$
-1st & Ten
-Comic Relief
-Countless Stand Up specials
-Boxing (back when it was still relevant)
-Countless made-for-HBO movies
-Countless documentaries

I didn't get into all of those shows, but if I didn't I still appreciated the high quality within them.

Things I didn't care for: Lucky Louie, Real Sex, Taxicab Confessions
(the latter two being more Showtime-esque)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby unikrunk on Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:06 pm

Wolfpack wrote:I'm starting to think PHATON is the alter-ego of an already established, legitimate Zoner out for a few laughs.

Like, um, kirks...<cough>?

/waud?
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Chilli on Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:18 pm

-Sex In The City

1... 2... 3...

WROOOOOOONGGGGGG

I never got into the show. Its not awful, but it just seemed like something targetted to the exact opposite of my demographic. Thirty-something women talking about sex bugs me.
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby Evil Hobbit on Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:32 pm

Another great HBO:

Tales from the Crypt!!
Evil Hobbit
AIRWOLF

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:19 pm

Phaton, one more stupid thread, and your getting pushed out an airlock.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Ribbons on Wed May 25, 2016 9:38 pm

I'm surprised TheButcher hasn't linked this news yet! Michael Lombardo, president of programming over at HBO -- a.k.a. the man who brought us The Sopranos, The Wire, Game of Thrones and John from Cincinnati -- has been replaced after 33 years:

http://collider.com/hbo-michael-lombardo-exits/

Though they say he's willingly stepping down, the conjecture is that a string of high-profile flops cost him his job.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby TheButcher on Wed May 25, 2016 10:26 pm

HBO Shake-Up: Casey Bloys Named President of Programming
Michael Lombardo, whose abrupt exit was announced Friday, will segue into a producer deal with the premium network.

Michael Lombardo on Leaving HBO, What He Will (and Won't) Do Next and 'Vinyl' Regrets
"I have a lot of relationships, there are people I’m excited to work with in different capacities in the future, and my intention is to do that for HBO," says the outgoing programming president

The Buzz on HBO's New Programming Chief Casey Bloys: Insiders Speak
The network's former head of comedy, who replaces longtime programming boss Michael  Lombardo, takes on an epic role. Says 'Veep's' showrunner: "I'd elect him president of the United States."
Lacey Rose wrote:Earlier this year, a fight broke out at HBO over a punctuation mark. Should a Veep poster riffing on President Obama's famous "Hope" tagline read "Maybe?" or "Maybe!"?

The network preferred a question mark, but showrunner David Mandel wanted the exclamation point. Weeks later, after hearing Mandel plead his case, then-comedy chief Casey Bloys called him about another issue. "At one point in that conversation, he stops and goes, 'By the way, you were right about the exclamation point,' " recalls Mandel. "To have an executive who in your lifetime says to you, 'You were right' about something, I'd elect him president of the United States, never mind president of HBO programming."

Bloys wouldn't need Mandel's vote. On May 23, the 12-year network veteran was appointed to that position, replacing HBO's longtime programming head Michael Lombardo. In the new structure, HBO's films, miniseries, documentaries, sports and Cinemax programming will fall under Bloys, 44, who will now report to CEO Richard Plepler. He will not be responsible for marketing, research or production, the noncreative divisions that Lombardo suggested had distracted him during his tenure. (Both Bloys and Plepler declined comment.)

It's hard to find producers or agents who have disparaging words to say about the Northwestern alum, who has garnered vast development experience during his stint at HBO and, before that, at Wass-Stein Productions (ABC's Less Than Perfect). The knock, if you can call it one, is that the married father of two (his husband is L.A. First Amendment lawyer Alonzo Wickers) is green for a role of this size and scale. "It's a massive job," says one agency partner, echoing the refrain of a dozen or so who only would speak on the condition of anonymity. As many noted, Bloys' domain included only comedy (series, specials and late night) until January, when he added drama following executive vp Michael Ellenberg's ouster. In that half-hour space, however, Bloys has fared well, shepherding current Emmy champ Veep, Silicon Valley, Girls and Ballers.

Silicon Valley co-showrunner Alec Berg suggests those outside the comedy world have no reason to panic. "I have to assume his methodology in comedy will apply to drama, which is that he's not a guy who comes in and tries to tell you how it is," says Berg, stressing how deferential and thoughtful Bloys can be. Mandel echoes that sentiment: "It's about intelligence, and I believe the same sort of thinking and aiming before firing that Casey does will continue in the drama world, and they'll come to appreciate his insights in the way that Lord knows we have."

That's not to say it'll be a smooth road. HBO remains a top destination, with the ability to land A-list talent and mop up awards (43 at the 2015 Emmys), to say nothing of its contribution of 27 percent of Time Warner's 2015 operating income. But it now competes with streamers Netflix, Amazon and Hulu for prestige projects, as well as traditional rivals Showtime, AMC and FX. And in recent months, the network has been marred by creative misfires. In February, Martin Scorsese's rock drama Vinyl stumbled out of the gate, and showrunner Terence Winter has been replaced by Scott Z. Burns and Max Borenstein. "Do I wish Vinyl was welcomed in a bigger way? Yes. I mean, come on," Lombardo told THR on May 23.

Meanwhile, the network was forced to delay or outright kill a collection of other high-profile projects, including two shows from David Fincher, a limited series from Steve McQueen, a Lewis & Clark mini and big-budget sci-fi drama Westworld, in which Bloys has become heavily involved trying to get it back on track. Since his January promotion, the Pennsylvania native also is said to have taken a hard look at Ellenberg's bloated drama pipeline and begun passing on projects that the network had no intention or ability to make.

While juggernaut Game of Thrones and the final season of Damon Lindelof's Peabody-winning drama The Leftovers shouldn't require too much of Bloys' time, other decisions, including the fate of True Detective, now fall to him. (HBO sources suggest a new project from creator Nic Pizzolatto is more likely.) Bloys already is heavily involved in forthcoming comedies from Sarah Jessica Parker (Divorce), Issa Rae (Insecure) and Danny McBride (Vice Principals), with Rae suggesting Bloys is "a visionary [who was] instrumental in giving [her] show the TLC it needed to become everything [she] imagined and better" and McBride adding: "He's consistently been one of the most insightful and supportive executives around. He also knows black magic and I believe kung fu."

On the drama side, Bloys has since stepped up on David Simon's porn drama The Deuce as well as Amy Adams' Sharp Objects. In assessing his tastes, insiders suggest he's open to younger voices and worlds and is said to covet smart, sophisticated dramas with "pop."

Lombardo, for his part, will segue to a producer with the network, a role he says he intends to honor. "Do I think I'm going to be driving all over the Valley and West L.A. pitching a script? That's not my fantasy right now," he told THR. "I think 'producer' is used euphemistically for a creative entrepreneurial role. Richard has encouraged me to think big, and I'm going to do that." Lombardo is expected to remain involved in a few significant projects, including Bill Simmons' talk show (launching June 22) and shortform videos and other entries from Jon Stewart.

In a joint statement, Girls co-creators Lena Dunham and Jenni Konner praise Lombardo, who "changed [their] lives," and Bloys, whom they call "brilliant, committed, loyal, hilarious and a fierce advocate for artists." True to form, the duo adds: "We are sorry we sent Casey so many sexual/prank emails. We didn't know he'd become our full-on boss. They were out of love."

‘True Detective’ Might Not Return for a Third Season

#Skinemax
On the drama side, Bloys has since stepped up on David Simon's porn drama The Deuce
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Watchmen

Postby TheButcher on Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:12 pm

Ribbons wrote:Is nothing sacred!?

Collider 10/01/2015:
Exclusive: HBO Eyeing ‘Watchmen’ TV Series from Zack Snyder
Update: HBO has confirmed our exclusive with this statement: “Preliminary discussions regarding Watchmen have occurred but we have no additional information and no deals are in place.”
Last edited by TheButcher on Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Ribbons on Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:02 am

Oh god noooooooo!
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Fievel on Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:26 am

Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Ribbons on Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:13 pm

Did you make that yourself?
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Fievel on Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:31 pm

Sort of... I just Googled "keep calm generator" and used one of the sites that popped up to make it
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Re: Watchmen

Postby TheButcher on Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:19 am

Geoff Johns & Zack Snyder Are Working On A Secret Project
Apparently it’s not a film project. Could it be the Watchmen series rumored to air on HBO.
Mark Julian wrote:According to Slashfilm, Snyder and Johns' mystery project is not a movie. Back in 2015, there were reports that HBO was considering developing a Watchmen TV series so perhaps this is the project?

Ribbons wrote:Oh god noooooooo!
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:03 am

HBO's 'Westworld,' With $100 Million Pricetag, Faces Huge Expectations
Sources peg the budget for the 90-minute Westworld pilot alone in the $25 million range
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:11 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:13 pm

J.J. Abrams Prepping Space Drama for HBO
'Glare' brings Abrams' Bad Robot back to the premium cable network home to 'Westworld.'
Lesley Goldberg wrote:Hot off the first season of Westworld, HBO is reteaming with J.J. Abrams for another drama.

The premium cable network is teaming with Abrams' Bad Robot Productions banner to develop Glare, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Glare is an hourlong drama exploring the colonization of another planet.

Javier Gullón will pen the script and executive produce the drama, which stems from a blind script deal the Enemy scribe had with Bad Robot. The drama hails from Warner Bros. Television, where Abrams is under a rich overall deal. Ben Stephenson, former BBC head of drama-turned-Bad Robot head of development, will exec produce alongside Abrams and Gullón. Gullón is repped by CAA, Pacific View Management

This marks Abrams' latest TV foray. The prolific producer (Star Wars, Star Trek, Lost) most recently exec produced Westworld for the premium cable network. The drama, also from WBTV, has been renewed for a second season due in 2018. Abrams' TV credits also include Showtime's short-lived music drama Roadies, Hulu's limited drama 11.22.63 and CBS' Person of Interest, which ended its run earlier this year. Abrams next has Rogue One: A Star Wars Story due Dec. 16.

Space has become a hot genre of late. TBS recently ordered an animated comedy called Final Space; Netflix is reviving Lost in Space; and Syfy has found success with The Expanse, which takes place 200 years in the future and after mankind has colonized the solar system. (Then there's the theory that Westworld is set on another planet.)
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Wolfpack on Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:56 pm

It's less confusing than their original working title, Gaze. Evidently it didn't test well with more conservative audience, who really don't like the Gaze. They find the Gaze to be unnatural. Which is a shame because the Gaze is very festive.
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Next

Return to Coaxial