Real Time With Bill Maher

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Postby Fievel on Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:06 pm

HBO wrote:This week, Bill welcomes Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-TX), talk show host Chris Matthews, and journalist Joel Stein. Plus via satellite, Pres. candidate John Edwards and chess grandmaster Gary Kasparov.


This week should be really good. Too bad Edwards isn't actually on the panel.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
User avatar
Fievel
Mouse Of The House
 
Posts: 12148
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:07 pm
Location: White Lake, MI

Postby Maui on Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:08 pm

Fievel wrote:
HBO wrote:This week, Bill welcomes Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-TX), talk show host Chris Matthews, and journalist Joel Stein. Plus via satellite, Pres. candidate John Edwards and chess grandmaster Gary Kasparov.


This week should be really good. Too bad Edwards isn't actually on the panel.


Yup, a must see!!!

You know Maher has an online forum - we could cause a ruckus over there. tee hee
User avatar
Maui
WoWie
 
Posts: 7608
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 10:19 pm

Postby TheBaxter on Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:10 pm

how about the little brouhaha in the audience on last night's show? that was pretty funny.

i think those hecklers must have been the bastard offspring of mos def and tucker carlson.
Image
User avatar
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger
 
Posts: 19226
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:00 pm

Postby minstrel on Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:17 pm

"Do we have any fucking security on this show??"

Bill leaving his desk to go into the audience and kick ass - that was funny.

"You're the audience! From the Latin for 'to listen'!"

heeheehee
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
User avatar
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency
 
Posts: 12634
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:03 pm
Location: Area 52

Postby Maui on Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:33 pm

minstrel wrote:"Do we have any fucking security on this show??"

Bill leaving his desk to go into the audience and kick ass - that was funny.

"You're the audience! From the Latin for 'to listen'!"

heeheehee


Yup, watched it last night too. Maher kicked some ass he did. Good for him. What a bunch of jerks! Live audience, eh?
User avatar
Maui
WoWie
 
Posts: 7608
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 10:19 pm

Postby Maui on Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:36 pm

TheBaxter wrote:how about the little brouhaha in the audience on last night's show? that was pretty funny.

i think those hecklers must have been the bastard offspring of mos def and tucker carlson.


They were certainly quiet during Edward's interview.
User avatar
Maui
WoWie
 
Posts: 7608
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 10:19 pm

Postby minstrel on Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:36 pm

Maui wrote:
minstrel wrote:"Do we have any fucking security on this show??"

Bill leaving his desk to go into the audience and kick ass - that was funny.

"You're the audience! From the Latin for 'to listen'!"

heeheehee


Yup, watched it last night too. Maher kicked some ass he did. Good for him. What a bunch of jerks! Live audience, eh?


I was also VERY impressed with Garry Kasparov! My reaction was the same as Chris Matthews's - "Doesn't it seem like they're playing chess and we're playing checkers?"
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
User avatar
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency
 
Posts: 12634
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:03 pm
Location: Area 52

Postby wonkabar on Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:41 pm

"don't be gentle with him... ass-kicking is what's called for!"

LOL!
Last edited by wonkabar on Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF
 
Posts: 6220
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:41 pm
Location: The Double Douche

Postby Maui on Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:52 pm

minstrel wrote:
Maui wrote:
minst rel wrote:"Do we have any fucking security on this show??"

Bill leaving his desk to go into the audience and kick ass - that was funny.

"You're the audience! From the Latin for 'to listen'!"

heeheehee


Yup, watched it last night too. Maher kicked some ass he did. Good for him. What a bunch of jerks! Live audience, eh?


I was also VERY impressed with Garry Kasparov! My reaction was the same as Chris Matthews's - "Doesn't it seem like they're playing chess and we're playing checkers?"



Yup - I liked Gary, smart chap! I thought Edwards was good but it's hard for a presidential candidate to come off as anything else. It just starts sounding like a pitch the entire time. Oh well. Corn to fuel? Does it burn cleaner and is it cheaper ? hmmm.

Image
User avatar
Maui
WoWie
 
Posts: 7608
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 10:19 pm

Postby minstrel on Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:07 pm

Maui wrote:Corn to fuel? Does it burn cleaner and is it cheaper ? hmmm.



Well, it IS a boondoggle. It takes nearly as much energy to get ethanol from corn as the resulting ethanol contains. And there really isn't any way to grow enough corn to significantly reduce our dependence on foreign oil.

And while we're trying to grow all that corn for fuel, the prices of corn for food go sky-high.

Rolling Stone magazine did a sort of expose on Ethanol a couple of issues ago. They claimed, being the ultra-left wingers they are (not that there's anything wrong with that ...), that the real motivation for ethanol is coming from Archer Daniels Midland, the huge agricultural company. They're really the ones who will benefit most, according to Rolling Stone.
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
User avatar
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency
 
Posts: 12634
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:03 pm
Location: Area 52

Postby Maui on Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:25 pm

minstrel wrote:
Maui wrote:Corn to fuel? Does it burn cleaner and is it cheaper ? hmmm.



Well, it IS a boondoggle. It takes nearly as much energy to get ethanol from corn as the resulting ethanol contains. And there really isn't any way to grow enough corn to significantly reduce our dependence on foreign oil.

And while we're trying to grow all that corn for fuel, the prices of corn for food go sky-high.

Rolling Stone magazine did a sort of expose on Ethanol a couple of issues ago. They claimed, being the ultra-left wingers they are (not that there's anything wrong with that ...), that the real motivation for ethanol is coming from Archer Daniels Midland, the huge agricultural company. They're really the ones who will benefit most, according to Rolling Stone.



Certainly is!
User avatar
Maui
WoWie
 
Posts: 7608
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 10:19 pm

Postby wonkabar on Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:44 pm

Got it


Hey moo, was that you in audience?
Image
User avatar
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF
 
Posts: 6220
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:41 pm
Location: The Double Douche

Postby Maui on Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:24 pm

wonkabar wrote:Got it


Hey moo, was that you in audience?


Yup, there it is. Maher handled it all very well, I thought.

An ass kicking is what's required here folks.
User avatar
Maui
WoWie
 
Posts: 7608
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 10:19 pm

Postby Fievel on Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:01 pm

Oh man, read the story earlier on Yahoo.
I'm not even going to watch the YouTube version.

Last night's episode is sitting on my DVR waiting to be watched.
Too frickin' cool.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
User avatar
Fievel
Mouse Of The House
 
Posts: 12148
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:07 pm
Location: White Lake, MI

Postby Chairman Kaga on Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:24 pm

I love those nuts using the name "truthers". What a fucking joke.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 7660
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:49 am

Postby Maui on Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:10 pm

Chairman Kaga wrote:I love those nuts using the name "truthers". What a fucking joke.


Everybody knows it was a controlled demolition. :roll: :roll:
User avatar
Maui
WoWie
 
Posts: 7608
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 10:19 pm

Postby Chairman Kaga on Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:57 pm

Of course. It's obviously that those girders were drilled into for month before hand and thousands of tons of high explosives were snuck into the building and strategically placed without anyone knowing. It's SO obvious....
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 7660
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:49 am

Postby Fievel on Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:50 am

I think Chris Matthews has like 10 shots of tequila before he goes out on Maher's show. He just loves to laugh when he's on there!!

Holy shit though, VOTE FOR KASPAROV!!!
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
User avatar
Fievel
Mouse Of The House
 
Posts: 12148
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:07 pm
Location: White Lake, MI

Postby Maui on Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:03 am

Fievel wrote:I think Chris Matthews has like 10 shots of tequila before he goes out on Maher's show. He just loves to laugh when he's on there!!



He was laughing too much. Is it a nervous laugh or what?
User avatar
Maui
WoWie
 
Posts: 7608
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 10:19 pm

Postby minstrel on Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:07 am

Maui wrote:
Fievel wrote:I think Chris Matthews has like 10 shots of tequila before he goes out on Maher's show. He just loves to laugh when he's on there!!



He was laughing too much. Is it a nervous laugh or what?


As Fievel said, it's the tequila.
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
User avatar
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency
 
Posts: 12634
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:03 pm
Location: Area 52

Postby Maui on Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:09 am

minstrel wrote:
Maui wrote:
Fieve l wrote:I think Chris Matthews has like 10 shots of tequila before he goes out on Maher's show. He just loves to laugh when he's on there!!



He was laughing too much. Is it a nervous laugh or what?


As Fievel said, it's the tequila.


I didn't notice a red nose or slurring though. ;)
User avatar
Maui
WoWie
 
Posts: 7608
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 10:19 pm

Postby minstrel on Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:11 am

Maui wrote:
minstrel wrote:
Maui wrote:
Fieve l wrote:I think Chris Matthews has like 10 shots of tequila before he goes out on Maher's show. He just loves to laugh when he's on there!!



He was laughing too much. Is it a nervous laugh or what?


As Fievel said, it's the tequila.


I didn't notice a red nose or slurring though. ;)


He's Chris Matthews, not Ted Kennedy.

:wink:
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
User avatar
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency
 
Posts: 12634
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:03 pm
Location: Area 52

Postby Maui on Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:21 am

minstrel wrote:He's Chris Matthews, not Ted Kennedy.

:wink:


hahahahah, good one!!!
User avatar
Maui
WoWie
 
Posts: 7608
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 10:19 pm

Postby Fievel on Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:47 pm

Matthews has been on there before and he acted the same way. I'm guessing that he's just being himself and having as much fun as he possibly can since it isn't HIS show.

...or it's the tequila.

Andrew Sullivan is there next week. He's always a good & entertaining guest.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
User avatar
Fievel
Mouse Of The House
 
Posts: 12148
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:07 pm
Location: White Lake, MI

Postby Maui on Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:11 pm

Fievel wrote:Matthews has been on there before and he acted the same way. I'm guessing that he's just being himself and having as much fun as he possibly can since it isn't HIS show.

...or it's the tequila.

Andrew Sullivan is there next week. He's always a good & entertaining guest.



Image

Take your vitamin "T" with salt 'n lemon slice ...
User avatar
Maui
WoWie
 
Posts: 7608
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 10:19 pm

Postby The Vicar on Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:20 pm

One of the best Maher shows evar.
Loved it.
.
........................................
Image
User avatar
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone
 
Posts: 16179
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:21 am

Postby Zarles on Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:24 am

Fievel wrote:I think Chris Matthews has like 10 shots of tequila before he goes out on Maher's show. He just loves to laugh when he's on there!!

Holy shit though, VOTE FOR KASPAROV!!!


Hell, I'd vote for Kasparov for President of the United States if I could. He made the entire administration of the U.S. look like the blubbering fools they are in a two-minute interview. Chess instead of checkers, indeed.
User avatar
Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 3773
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:52 am
Location: Bringing something to the table

Postby Maui on Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:44 pm

The ass kicking episode re airs again tonight - for those who missed it on Friday!

Go Bill Go!!!
User avatar
Maui
WoWie
 
Posts: 7608
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 10:19 pm

Postby The Vicar on Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:46 pm

Maui wrote:The ass kicking episode re airs again tonight - for those who missed it on Friday!

Go Bill Go!!!


May have to Pay Per View that one, so I can put it on DVD.
May not have been as much fun as Ed Ames tomahawking someone's nutz on The Tonight Show, but it's on my Top Ten List.
.
........................................
Image
User avatar
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone
 
Posts: 16179
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:21 am

Postby Zarles on Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:48 pm

It's already making the rounds on YouTube, as well. It really was a great moment.

As far-left and out there that Bill sometimes seems to go, (his rant about Ellen Degeneres on this ep was ridiculous) it's nice to see that he's not afraid to shut down the real wackjobs out there that give liberals and left-wingers a really bad name.
User avatar
Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 3773
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:52 am
Location: Bringing something to the table

Postby The Vicar on Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:49 pm

Can you download the clips on Youtube?
Hate to sound thick, but I don't get there often, except to sample some Lewis Black clips so I know what to steal later, so I don't know.
Would be nice.
.
........................................
Image
User avatar
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone
 
Posts: 16179
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:21 am

Postby Fievel on Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:54 pm

Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
User avatar
Fievel
Mouse Of The House
 
Posts: 12148
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:07 pm
Location: White Lake, MI

Postby Maui on Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:00 pm

Oh, but wasn't it great to see it all LIVE on Friday night! Man, that's TV!!!
User avatar
Maui
WoWie
 
Posts: 7608
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 10:19 pm

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:53 pm

Zarles wrote:It's already making the rounds on YouTube, as well. It really was a great moment.

As far-left and out there that Bill sometimes seems to go, (his rant about Ellen Degeneres on this ep was ridiculous) it's nice to see that he's not afraid to shut down the real wackjobs out there that give liberals and left-wingers a really bad name.


i totally agreed with his rant on ellen degeneres. see my related rant(s) in the Wanker of the Week thread.
Image
User avatar
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger
 
Posts: 19226
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:00 pm

Postby The Vicar on Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:48 pm

TheBaxter wrote:
Zarles wrote:It's already making the rounds on YouTube, as well. It really was a great moment.

As far-left and out there that Bill sometimes seems to go, (his rant about Ellen Degeneres on this ep was ridiculous) it's nice to see that he's not afraid to shut down the real wackjobs out there that give liberals and left-wingers a really bad name.


i totally agreed with his rant on ellen degeneres. see my related rant(s) in the Wanker of the Week thread.


Going on TV to do her version of " I have sinned against you...." smacked of self-serving twaddle.
Trying to use her TV show to muscle/embarrass those people was some pretty snarky manipulation.
.
........................................
Image
User avatar
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone
 
Posts: 16179
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:21 am

Postby Maui on Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:55 am

This week, Bill welcomes Gen. Wesley Clark, tennis great Martina Navratilova, and conservative commentator Andrew Sullivan. Plus, via satellite, Sir David Frost and Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison (R-TX).
User avatar
Maui
WoWie
 
Posts: 7608
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 10:19 pm

Postby Maui on Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:40 am

Anyone else enjoy the Shiite fashion show?

tee hee hee
User avatar
Maui
WoWie
 
Posts: 7608
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 10:19 pm

Postby Fievel on Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:00 am

Maui wrote:Anyone else enjoy the Shiite fashion show?

tee hee hee


I fast-forwarded through it.

Loved this line from his New Rules:

Now, this week, as every week, all the Republican candidates talked about was who was the toughest in the war on terror. While the country's most populace state literally burned.
The Democrats, as usual, said nothing, because they didn't want to offend fire.


It'll be interesting to hear how the Dems' debate and Colbert factor into the show.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
User avatar
Fievel
Mouse Of The House
 
Posts: 12148
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:07 pm
Location: White Lake, MI

Postby minstrel on Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:16 am

Interesting that Andrew Sullivan has switched sides on the global warming issue. He's a believer now.

He may lean to the right, but he can't bring himself to ignore facts. At least in this case.
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
User avatar
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency
 
Posts: 12634
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:03 pm
Location: Area 52

Postby Fievel on Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:35 am

Sullivan may lean to the right, but he detests modern Republicans, and that usually leads to interesting bits from him.
Navratilova was a waste of a chair.

Valerie Plame & her husband are on at some point this Friday - should be interesting.
Panel will include political blogger Markos Moulitsas, NPR host and MSNBC contributor Alison Stewart, and comedy legend Martin Short.

Martin Short?!?!? I'd rather see Martin Mull, Martin Gramatica, or Martin Lawrence.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
User avatar
Fievel
Mouse Of The House
 
Posts: 12148
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:07 pm
Location: White Lake, MI

Postby Maui on Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:47 am

Fievel wrote:Navratilova was a waste of a chair.

Yes, indeed she was.

Fievel wrote:Panel will include political blogger Markos Moulitsas, NPR host and MSNBC contributor Alison Stewart, and comedy legend Martin Short.

Martin Short?!?!? I'd rather see Martin Mull, Martin Gramatica, or Martin Lawrence.


Martin Short is Canadian - c'mon! and he's funny too! He may just surprise you.

What did you guys think of Frost. I always liked the guy, smart, insightful. I think his book would be interesting to read re. Nixon. As well, they will be making it into a movie.
User avatar
Maui
WoWie
 
Posts: 7608
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 10:19 pm

Postby Fievel on Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:57 am

Maui wrote:
Fievel wrote:Navratilova was a waste of a chair.

Yes, indeed she was.

Fievel wrote:Panel will include political blogger Markos Moulitsas, NPR host and MSNBC contributor Alison Stewart, and comedy legend Martin Short.

Martin Short?!?!? I'd rather see Martin Mull, Martin Gramatica, or Martin Lawrence.


Martin Short is Canadian - c'mon! and he's funny too! He may just surprise you.

What did you guys think of Frost. I always liked the guy, smart, insightful. I think his book would be interesting to read re. Nixon. As well, they will be making it into a movie.


I'd love to see Frost sit in on the panel. I admittedly know little of him other than the historic Frost/Nixon interview. Not to sound mean, but does he have Parkinson's, or is he just naturally fidgety?

Martin Short has been on the show before, and if I recall correctly I was annoyed. I believe he was another "comedian who only makes jokes" rather than discussing the issues..... I could be COMPLETELY wrong in my recollection, though.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
User avatar
Fievel
Mouse Of The House
 
Posts: 12148
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:07 pm
Location: White Lake, MI

Postby Maui on Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:59 am

Fievel wrote:I'd love to see Frost sit in on the panel. I admittedly know little of him other than the historic Frost/Nixon interview. Not to sound mean, but does he have Parkinson's, or is he just naturally fidgety?


Yes, I noticed that as well. Something is up with that re. health. I'm really intrigued by his book. I may just get it.
User avatar
Maui
WoWie
 
Posts: 7608
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 10:19 pm

Postby Zarles on Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:07 pm

Some bug in the Zone won't let me quote The Vicar's last post up there, but in response to it -

I'm not even talking about Ellen here. I'm more talking about why Bill even bothered to go on and on about it at all. Like Chris Matthews said in that ep, 'Why bother?' I agree that her rant was ridiculous and totally unnecessary, (she really should've just taken a sick day and dealt with it, for chrissakes) but for Bill to prattle on and on about it was what I was referring to as being ridiculous. If you think it's crap, Bill, why bother giving it more attention when it's already gotten entirely too much as it is?
User avatar
Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 3773
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:52 am
Location: Bringing something to the table

Postby Maui on Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:17 pm

Fievel wrote:
Valerie Plame & her husband are on at some point this Friday - should be interesting.


Oh missed this - yeah should definitely prove to be interesting.
User avatar
Maui
WoWie
 
Posts: 7608
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 10:19 pm

Postby TheBaxter on Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:38 pm

Fievel wrote:
Maui wrote:
Fievel wrote:Navratilova was a waste of a chair.

Yes, indeed she was.

Fievel wrote:Panel will include political blogger Markos Moulitsas, NPR host and MSNBC contributor Alison Stewart, and comedy legend Martin Short.

Martin Short?!?!? I'd rather see Martin Mull, Martin Gramatica, or Martin Lawrence.


Martin Short is Canadian - c'mon! and he's funny too! He may just surprise you.

What did you guys think of Frost. I always liked the guy, smart, insightful. I think his book would be interesting to read re. Nixon. As well, they will be making it into a movie.


I'd love to see Frost sit in on the panel. I admittedly know little of him other than the historic Frost/Nixon interview. Not to sound mean, but does he have Parkinson's, or is he just naturally fidgety?

Martin Short has been on the show before, and if I recall correctly I was annoyed. I believe he was another "comedian who only makes jokes" rather than discussing the issues..... I could be COMPLETELY wrong in my recollection, though.


i hope he's not as bad as dana carvey. carvey just sits there and does impressions the whole time. it must be true about comedians that they weren't given enough attention as children, so they hog it all now.
Image
User avatar
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger
 
Posts: 19226
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:00 pm

Postby Maui on Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:44 pm

TheBaxter wrote:
Fievel wrote:
Maui wrote:
Fievel wrote:Navratilova was a waste of a chair.

Yes, indeed she was.

Fievel wrote:Panel will include political blogger Markos Moulitsas, NPR host and MSNBC contributor Alison Stewart, and comedy legend Martin Short.

Martin Short?!?!? I'd rather see Martin Mull, Martin Gramatica, or Martin Lawrence.


Martin Short is Canadian - c'mon! and he's funny too! He may just surprise you.

What did you guys think of Frost. I always liked the guy, smart, insightful. I think his book would be interesting to read re. Nixon. As well, they will be making it into a movie.


I'd love to see Frost sit in on the panel. I admittedly know little of him other than the historic Frost/Nixon interview. Not to sound mean, but does he have Parkinson's, or is he just naturally fidgety?

Martin Short has been on the show before, and if I recall correctly I was annoyed. I believe he was another "comedian who only makes jokes" rather than discussing the issues..... I could be COMPLETELY wrong in my recollection, though.


i hope he's not as bad as dana carvey. carvey just sits there and does impressions the whole time. it must be true about comedians that they weren't given enough attention as children, so they hog it all now.


Think of Primetime Glick! He should be fine. 8)
User avatar
Maui
WoWie
 
Posts: 7608
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 10:19 pm

Postby minstrel on Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:45 pm

Carvey was embarrassing on the show.

One comedian who did well on the show was Garry Shandling. He was funny while being engaged with the issues.
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
User avatar
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency
 
Posts: 12634
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:03 pm
Location: Area 52

Postby Maui on Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:49 pm

minstrel wrote:Carvey was embarrassing on the show.

One comedian who did well on the show was Garry Shandling. He was funny while being engaged with the issues.



Never saw when Carvey was on. Drew Carey was on a few weeks back - he was funny and did prove to have some gray matter.
User avatar
Maui
WoWie
 
Posts: 7608
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 10:19 pm

Postby minstrel on Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:52 pm

Sheesh! Fluff required after only three pages!
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
User avatar
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency
 
Posts: 12634
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:03 pm
Location: Area 52

PreviousNext

Return to Coaxial

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest

cron