Page 1 of 4

Chuck

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:12 am
by stereosforgeeks
Josh Schwartz's new show about about a geeky computer guy that gets Government secrets downloaded into his brain via his laptop.

I saw the pilot and it was fun as hell. Good hybrid of action and humor.

Anyway if you want to learn more of Chuck's Secret go here

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:24 pm
by MasterWhedon
I saw the pilot at Comic Con and loved everything about it. Very, very well-cast, with smart writing and surprisingly awesome direction from McG.

Schwartz called it Alias meets The Office, while the dude who plays Chuck called it The Bourne Identity meets The 40-Year-Old Virgin--the latter being more appropriate, IMO.

Everything about it suggests it'll be a hit, and I think a fair many Zoners will dig it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:26 pm
by stereosforgeeks
MasterWhedon wrote:I saw the pilot at Comic Con and loved everything about it. Very, very well-cast, with smart writing and surprisingly awesome direction from McG.

Schwartz called it Alias meets The Office, while the dude who plays Chuck called it The Bourne Identity meets The 40-Year-Old Virgin--the latter being more appropriate, IMO.

Everything about it suggests it'll be a hit, and I think a fair many Zoners will dig it.


Yeah I'd go with the latter description as well. It does have a little of the awkwardness thing from the office though too.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:48 pm
by DanielSan
Just watched the pilot episode from Amazon.com. Excellent show. And DAMN, that blonde chick is SMOKIN'!

Image

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:50 am
by Leckomaniac
MasterWhedon wrote:I saw the pilot at Comic Con and loved everything about it. Very, very well-cast, with smart writing and surprisingly awesome direction from McG.

Schwartz called it Alias meets The Office, while the dude who plays Chuck called it The Bourne Identity meets The 40-Year-Old Virgin--the latter being more appropriate, IMO.

Everything about it suggests it'll be a hit, and I think a fair many Zoners will dig it.


Totally true. So bummed I missed this at Con. What a great experience that would have been and I just LOVE Josh Schwartz (yes I fucking adore the OC. Sue me.)

Excellent show. I hope it lasts so badly.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:14 am
by stereosforgeeks
Leckomaniac wrote:
MasterWhedon wrote:I saw the pilot at Comic Con and loved everything about it. Very, very well-cast, with smart writing and surprisingly awesome direction from McG.

Schwartz called it Alias meets The Office, while the dude who plays Chuck called it The Bourne Identity meets The 40-Year-Old Virgin--the latter being more appropriate, IMO.

Everything about it suggests it'll be a hit, and I think a fair many Zoners will dig it.


Totally true. So bummed I missed this at Con. What a great experience that would have been and I just LOVE Josh Schwartz (yes I fucking adore the OC. Sue me.)

Excellent show. I hope it lasts so badly.


It's so much fun! It better catch on!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:41 pm
by greengrapes
Hi! Chuck finally premieres on Monday! I'm working with the Show, so I'm psyched to hear you're all looking forward to it! I hope you truly enjoy the Monday premiere (8/7C on NBC) and in the meantime, check out http://www.chuckssecret.com. Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:05 am
by Ribbons
I watched it! It was so-so. On the one hand, I think it's a great premise: this guy has accidentally "downloaded" a ton of valuable information, which forces him into the world of espionage. On the other hand, it could get old really fast if every episode is him bumbling his way through a secret mission until it turns out he's the only one who can save the day through some random piece of trivia that he's picked up. But I like the character of Chuck, and how he's completely out of his element without being too over-the-top, and I think Adam Baldwin's character is hilarious in a deadpan kind of way.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:48 am
by stereosforgeeks
Chuck isnt breaking new ground here, but it's totally fun.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:39 pm
by bluebottle
stereosforgeeks wrote:Chuck isnt breaking new ground here, but it's totally fun.


Yeah, I really enjoyed it too. I'm curious to see what the rest of the season looks like, this felt like a pretty by the numbers pilot (last 4 minutes could have been the opening credits for the show: you can't tell anyone that you've got a computer in your brain, and one day we'll find out why your dead best friend put it there).

It's like there's a total resurgence of late 70's early 80's type 1hr drama... Heroes, Bionic Woman, Chuck...

(not that i'm complaining, i'm glad the "cop/hospital drama" wave is over)

Bring on the shows built around awesome cars, I say!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:40 pm
by DennisMM
I missed it, dammit. I was busy tending to my foot and the internets.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:06 pm
by Zarles
greengrapes wrote:Hi! Chuck finally premieres on Monday! I'm working with the Show, so I'm psyched to hear you're all looking forward to it! I hope you truly enjoy the Monday premiere (8/7C on NBC) and in the meantime, check out http://www.chuckssecret.com. Thanks!


greenPLANT is more like it. Heh.

I enjoyed the show, too, but much like Heroes, it's really not anything special for me. Just more filler until Lost starts.

All these posts and not one mention of the cute Asian girl that Chuck works with? For shame.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:45 pm
by bluebottle
RaulMonkey wrote:That blonde chick is disgustingly cute though. It was like watching cuteness porn. Made me feel ill.


Yeah, she was like the cute girl next door, right down to the buck teeth.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:47 pm
by RaulMonkey
Zarles wrote:All these posts and not one mention of the cute Asian girl that Chuck works with? For shame.


Are you talking about this guy?

Image

I honestly don't remember the Asian chick.

That blonde chick is disgustingly cute though. It was like watching cuteness porn. Made me feel ill. No one should be allowed to look that cute, and if they do, they definitely shouldn't be allowed on TV where they'll be made up to look cuter. It ruins the whole concept of cuteness when it's done to such perfection. Cuteness needs something to hang its hat on. It needs to be grounded in reality by a pimple or a bump in the nose... SOMETHING.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:48 pm
by RaulMonkey
Bluebottle wrote:
RaulMonkey wrote:That blonde chick is disgustingly cute though. It was like watching cuteness porn. Made me feel ill.


Yeah, she was like the cute girl next door, right down to the buck teeth.


But they weren't really buck teeth, they were cute little bunny rabbit teeth.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:17 pm
by Zarles
No, not Asian John Locke. The anime character that Chuck works with. Watch it again, you'll see.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:10 pm
by Fievel
I came in 15 minutes late and enjoyed what I saw.
I'm intrigued to see how Adam Baldwin (My Bodyguard) ends up at the store. Looks like it could be hilarious.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:22 pm
by Ribbons
Network television being what it is, I'm sure that Chuck and that woman from the CIA will end up becoming an item somewhere down the line. If that's the case, at least they put a twist on it by making him the damsel in distress.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:41 pm
by bluebottle
Ribbons wrote:Network television being what it is, I'm sure that Chuck and that woman from the CIA will end up becoming an item somewhere down the line. If that's the case, at least they put a twist on it by making him the damsel in distress.


What? No way! Next you'll be telling me that Cuck and Adam Baldwin will fight like cats and dogs while slowly developing a deep and meaningful friendship!

It won't happen, I tell you!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:48 pm
by Conroy420
Watched the pilot. Can't say Ill be watching next week.

It was just way too much 'by the numbers' network TV. Nothing really about it seemed anything but fluff.

Having said that, fluff isn't really a bad thing from time to time. I've zoned out to 'OC' and 'My Name is Earl' enough times to know I'm not above it.

I just wont be watching 'Chuck' every week.

The production and cast were all top of the line for TV. It was just too heavy on the cheese factor.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:55 am
by Ribbons
Bluebottle wrote:
Ribbons wrote:Network television being what it is, I'm sure that Chuck and that woman from the CIA will end up becoming an item somewhere down the line. If that's the case, at least they put a twist on it by making him the damsel in distress.


What? No way! Next you'll be telling me that Cuck and Adam Baldwin will fight like cats and dogs while slowly developing a deep and meaningful friendship!

It won't happen, I tell you!


Or maybe... Chuck and Adam Baldwin will end up becoming an item somewhere down the line...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:44 am
by Leckomaniac
Chuck performed well, but still didnt reach expectations

CBS' comedy woes left an opening for NBC's new geek-spy-comedy-action-thing, Chuck. And while good-natured Chuck ran second to Dancing with the Stars in the 8-9 p.m. hour, with 9.2 million viewers, it didn't come close to matching the audience that Deal or No Deal delivered to NBC last year on premiere night (15.8 million viewers for the game show's two-hour opener), or even last week (11.7 million viewers).


I love this show and hope it is given a fair shake by NBC.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:18 pm
by bluebottle
Bluebottle wrote:Bring on the shows built around awesome cars, I say!


Holy shit, I was joking!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:23 pm
by stereosforgeeks
Bluebottle wrote:
Bluebottle wrote:Bring on the shows built around awesome cars, I say!


Holy shit, I was joking!


any more prognostications?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:24 pm
by bluebottle
err...

Full frontal female nudity on prime time network tv!

edit: hell, throw in some male nudity!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:24 pm
by stereosforgeeks
Bluebottle wrote:err...

Full frontal female nudity on prime time network tv!


*crosses fingers*

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:55 am
by DinoDeLaurentiis
Bluebottle wrote:
Bluebottle wrote:Bring on the shows built around awesome cars, I say!


Holy shit, I was joking!


"Backdoor" pilot?

:shock:

Great Petrelli's beard!! Just a what inna the hell kind of a the show is a this a gonna to be, eh?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:00 am
by Leckomaniac
So...

um...

can we talk about Chuck? I mean my ratings threadjack was at least KIND OF on the topic of HEROES. This shit has nothing to do with the topic of the thread. Dino, enforce!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:42 am
by DinoDeLaurentiis
I think a the threadjack, she is inna'dicative of a the lack of a the direction that NBC, she sees for a the Chuck, eh?

The bell, she tolls... she tolls for a the Chuck...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:45 am
by Leckomaniac
DinoDeLaurentiis wrote:I think a the threadjack, she is inna'dicative of a the lack of a the direction that NBC, she sees for a the Chuck, eh?

The bell, she tolls... she tolls for a the Chuck...


:shock:

I demand that you turn around three times, spit, and throw salt over your shoulder. Do it now!

Chuck is a solid show. It deserves a chance to get its legs.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:01 am
by Fievel
DinoDeLaurentiis wrote:I think a the threadjack, she is inna'dicative of a the lack of a the direction that NBC, she sees for a the Chuck, eh?

The bell, she tolls... she tolls for a the Chuck...


Coming from the man who took time out of his life to watch Kid Nation.....


sigh.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:09 am
by unikrunk
I could not get past the lead's attempt at channeling the already seriously unfunny Jimmy Fallon.

Sorry folks, Chuck is not a funny guy, IMO. The show was kinda luke-warm. I will give it another shot, but the whole thing seems done on the cheap, and again, the aping of Fallon is atrocious, just like Fallon.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:13 am
by Leckomaniac
unikrunk wrote:I could not get past the lead's attempt at channeling the already seriously unfunny Jimmy Fallon.

Sorry folks, Chuck is not a funny guy, IMO. The show was kinda luke-warm. I will give it another shot, but the whole thing seems done on the cheap, and again, the aping of Fallon is atrocious, just like Fallon.


Funny, because while he looks like Fallon, i felt that it was Schwartz writing another Seth Cohen-like character. It appeared to me that he was channeling Adam Brody (which is fine by me) not Jimmy Fallon.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:57 pm
by Fievel
Chuck wrote:Oceanic Flight 815 was shot down by......



Sweeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!

After two viewings, I think this show is completely stupid.
Yet, it's entertaining to me.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:49 am
by stereosforgeeks
I was disappointed this episode.

Zarnow the bad guy? Whoda thunk. Sheesh.
He had no reason to believe that a faked death by NSA incinerator would cause Casey and Sarah to fight each other. Also, how the hell he also knew where Sarah's location was when he ambushed her at Chuck's house. If he was tracking her, he probably would have figured out that Chuck was his very valuable Patient X.

The Casey-Morgan Ramones scene was pretty damn funny.

Also, I definitely wouldn't complain about watching Sarah fight in that Weinerlicious sausage maiden outfit all day long.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:58 am
by unikrunk
The mixing of genres on this one is not working for me; I feel like I am watching a sci-fi version of Sledge Hammer. If they played it straight with the exception of Chuck as the everyman and humor element, rather than trying to pound 'funny' into every scene it would be much more enjoyable.

This, I would be signed up. But trying to put humor in every scene with every character does not make the action/thriller stuff have any impact; in fact, in renders it toothless.

I gave it two shots, will watch one more to see if things coalesce into a watchable and enjoyable show.

Right now, I am giving it 4 out of 10 thumbs up, and 1 of those is for Chuck’s sister, whom is 31 flavors of HAWT.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:07 am
by Peven
unikrunk wrote:The mixing of genres on this one is not working for me; I feel like I am watching a sci-fi version of Sledge Hammer. If they played it straight with the exception of Chuck as the everyman and humor element, rather than trying to pound 'funny' into every scene it would be much more enjoyable.

This, I would be signed up. But trying to put humor in every scene with every character does not make the action/thriller stuff have any impact; in fact, in renders it toothless.

I gave it two shots, will watch one more to see if things coalesce into a watchable and enjoyable show.

Right now, I am giving it 4 out of 10 thumbs up, and 1 of those is for Chuck’s sister, whom is 31 flavors of HAWT.


i am so there with you on that, brother.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:17 am
by stereosforgeeks
Peven wrote:
unikrunk wrote:Right now, I am giving it 4 out of 10 thumbs up, and 1 of those is for Chuck’s sister, whom is 31 flavors of HAWT.


i am so there with you on that, brother.


co-sign

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:39 pm
by Zarles
The Lost reference was a brilliant white light in a pretty lackluster show.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:46 pm
by bluebottle
Just watched the 2nd episode.

I'm out.

It's too forced. Trying too hard to be a comedy and trying to hard to be an action/drama without being that successful at either.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:47 pm
by stereosforgeeks
Bluebottle wrote:Just watched the 2nd episode.

I'm out.

It's too forced. Trying too hard to be a comedy and trying to hard to be an action/drama without being that successful at either.


Ive heard the 3rd episode is much better than the opening two.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:55 pm
by Zarles
As much as I love Adam Baldwin and 'My Bodyguard', his character annoys the shit out of me. He's ALWAYS tough and ALWAYS mean. There's never any room for anything in between. That rhymed.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:28 am
by stereosforgeeks
This was definitely the best episode so far.

Loved the "Now that's what I call moving some merchandise" moment. Reminded me of the bitt in High Fidelity with Tim Robbins.

We also learned why Chuck got kicked out of Stanford ... kind of. We know that Bryce found stolen tests underneath his bed, but we don't know how they got there, if it was a setup, or what.

The tango scene was awesome too.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:50 am
by Fievel
stereosforgeeks wrote:Loved the "Now that's what I call moving some merchandise" moment.


Complete with the "ding!" from the microwave when it landed on the ground! I loved that part - not to mention the sheer velocity at which it hit the guy in the head. The scenes with Adam Baldwin working at that store seem to be my favorites.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:34 am
by The Selecter
I'm enjoying this more than Heroes right now, which seems to be stuck in oil-soaked mud.

It's not a great show by any means, but it's light fun.

The lead has some charm, the female cast is easy on the eyes, and Adam Baldwin is Adam Baldwin. The only weak link is the geek sidekick, who doesn't generate any impression at all, which in a way is good, since they can often be annoying.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:44 am
by Zarles
Another definite improvement. It's still just a silly version of 'Alias', but it's entertaining enough to watch every week. Especially if it keeps up the girl-on-girl fight scenes. Heh.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:49 am
by unikrunk
Watched third episode, wiped hands on pants.

Out.

Just not gelling with me - for the reasons I have previously tabled.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:59 am
by Leckomaniac
I finished the second and third episodes...totally dug them. I am so in for this show. Josh Schwartz has two hits this fall season.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:17 am
by RogueScribner
I just watched the first ep and liked it. It wasn't greatness defined, but it had a certain charm to it and the premise is cool enough. I'm going to try to catch up with the other eps I missed over the weekend.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:52 am
by RogueScribner
I just finished watching all the aired eps. I like this show. It has some cool fight scenes, humor, and the characters aren't annoying (well, except for Mr. Awesome). It's not full of too many surprises, but I think it's well written and produced and I'm gonna try to keep up with it. Outside of The Office and Reaper it's probably the show I've had the most fun with so far this season.