100 Best TV Shows of All-TIME!

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:35 am

I didn't like it at first, but when you got into it, man it was hilarious.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby godzillasushi on Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:55 am

3 Seasons of Lost is better then almost every show out there. How can anyone argue Lost's place on there (except Chilli because he somehow manages it)? That show is completely 100% unique. Where do you all think the resurgence in serialized dramas came from?!? And we are talking about a show that week in and week out fires on all cylinders. The worst episodes of Lost are better then most “greatâ€
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby godzillasushi on Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:57 am

thebostonlocksmith wrote:I always thought Married with Children was supposed to be awful, maybe i'm wrong...

I'd hate to say it but it's pretty darn funny. They have some really outrageous episodes out there. One of my favorite episodes was when Al turns in a book to his old Library and the older librarian still works there. They got away with some pretty rough jokes!

bastard_robo wrote:No Titus? Seriously...One of the best shows in the past 2 decades and its not on this list?

Yea speaking of shows that should have never been canceled. I hate Fox...
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Maui on Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:08 am

minstrel wrote:Monty Python, but not Fawlty Towers??

Give me a large break.

Tis a shame there were so few Fawlty Tower episodes. Loved that show.
Maui
WoWie

Postby Maui on Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:10 am

DennisMM wrote:There was Hockey Night in Canada before there was Canada or hockey. When God moved upon the void and formed the universe the first blue line appeared.

I think Don Cherry would really enjoy that!
Maui
WoWie

Postby Fievel on Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:13 am

Maui wrote:
DennisMM wrote:There was Hockey Night in Canada before there was Canada or hockey. When God moved upon the void and formed the universe the first blue line appeared.

Not as much as his suits would.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby havocSchultz on Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:18 am

Maui wrote:

Like I posted on the previous page...?

havocSchultz wrote:

Agrees!!!

havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Maui on Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:20 am

havocSchultz wrote:
Maui wrote:

Like I posted on the previous page...?

havocSchultz wrote:

Agrees!!!

Wow! I truly did not see that Havoc! Great Canadian minds think alike, eh?
Maui
WoWie

Postby havocSchultz on Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:28 am

Maui wrote:
Great Canadian minds think alike, eh?

Disagree!!!
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby DennisMM on Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:03 am

And here I'm not even a hockey fan. Just thought it was funny.

Married ... With Children. Was unbearable. I gave it many chances over the seasons and for every decent joke there was another "Peg is ugly/Al is a loser" bit that just didn't make sense to me.

Late Night with David Letterman from '82 to '92 was hilarious, sharp, witty and self-aware enough to make every other talk show look flaccid.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Postby St. Alphonzo on Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:29 am

havocSchultz wrote:

Agrees!!!

Don even dressed conservatively in honor of this thread...
ImageImage
St. Alphonzo
Patron Saint

Postby vicious_bastard on Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:30 am

godzillasushi wrote:Lost WILL BE one of the best shows ever made when it concludes and it will be re-discovered over and over again.

EVEN if the ending is a big cop-out? Time will tell.

Incidentally, I have been watching The Thick Of It on $5 Cambodian pirate DVD and it is absolutely superb. Missed it on TV. I can't say enough good things about it but will try once I finish the series. Shame about old Chris Langham though. Surely he will never work again.
vicious_bastard
AIRWOLF

Postby Chilli on Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:34 am

Lost WILL BE one of the best shows ever made when it concludes and it will be re-discovered over and over again.

And right there you point out why it shouldn't be on the list.
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby havocSchultz on Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:36 am

St. Alphonzo wrote:
havocSchultz wrote:

Agrees!!!

Don even dressed conservatively in honor of this thread...

You know, if poor Clint Malarchuk would've been wearing a patented Don Cherry Collar - he never would've gotten that damn cut across his throat...
Last edited by havocSchultz on Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby godzillasushi on Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:36 am

vicious_bastard wrote:
godzillasushi wrote:Lost WILL BE one of the best shows ever made when it concludes and it will be re-discovered over and over again.

EVEN if the ending is a big cop-out? Time will tell.

Incidentally, I have been watching The Thick Of It on $5 Cambodian pirate DVD and it is absolutely superb. Missed it on TV. I can't say enough good things about it but will try once I finish the series. Shame about old Chris Langham though. Surely he will never work again.

It wont be. You know what, the producers have already said it wont be like the Sopranos and they probably have learned enough from the X-Files that I really doubt it.

Chilli wrote:
Lost WILL BE one of the best shows ever made when it concludes and it will be re-discovered over and over again.

And right there you point out why it shouldn't be on the list.

What do you mean?
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby papalazeru on Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:38 am

Not feeling the love for that list I'm afraid. It's missing OZ. One of the most amazing drama's that graced tv.

The prisoner is in there though so at least they get some of it right.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby thebostonlocksmith on Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:38 am

I have faith in Sushi's predictions... I really like lost too... and i think it's going to be consistantly good till the finish...
thebostonlocksmith
AIRWOLF

Postby Chilli on Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:39 am

Because Lost will be defined by its ending. If it works, it'll be 'greatest show EVER', and if it doesn't you'll cry over losing six years of your life to the same degree people cried over how lame the Alias finale was.
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby PF Moon Deux on Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:41 am

I don't possess a thorough knowledge of US TV, but...

No BAND OF BROTHERS? No SPORTS NIGHT? No CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM?

Jaysus.
PF Moon Deux

Postby Chilli on Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:42 am

Hey, they didn't have Futurama either. Bar-stewards
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby godzillasushi on Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:45 am

Chilli wrote:Because Lost will be defined by its ending. If it works, it'll be 'greatest show EVER', and if it doesn't you'll cry over losing six years of your life to the same degree people cried over how lame the Alias finale was.

But I enjoy the entire show and characters. Like The X-Files, you can watch that and forever love the early seasons.

My favorite Lost episode is early in the first season. I don't even need a great ending because everything up to this point is so re-watchable. Sure, im a fanboy. I wouldn't call it losing 6 years of my life though lol. At this point I don't even care how it ends because I already love what has been done.

If that makes any sense...
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby vicious_bastard on Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:59 am

papalazeru wrote:Not feeling the love for that list I'm afraid. It's missing OZ. One of the most amazing drama's that graced tv.

Agreed. Heh, I found series two of Oz on DVD-R while clearing out my Chinese school office and nabbed it. Some American Dad DVDs too - is that any good?

My point about Lost compared to something like The Sopranos, is that the whole show has been one big set-up so far. The ending could easily make a mockery of all the (admittedly riveting) plot intricacies so far.
vicious_bastard
AIRWOLF

Postby Chilli on Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:04 pm

There's a good chance it won't, but having that up there on the list is, to me, the equivilent of putting Twin Peaks on a list halfway through Season One.
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby tapehead on Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:08 pm

Leckomaniac wrote:
tapehead wrote:I blame Lecko.

:shock:

What about Herc?!?!?!

Actually, since Herc hasn't been around much since November 2005, no-one but you original Zoners can actually make sense of that gag, so it's kind of an in-joke the rest of us don't get - no offence.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby godzillasushi on Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:09 pm

But Lost has the best writing on TV IMO. They won't let that happen. It's their baby. ABC is letting them end it when they want, how they want. 16 episode seasons will mean more focus on the show. And a better show because of it. Longer gaps between seasons, etc. Don't worry about this one, they won't let it get away.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Chilli on Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:11 pm

Dude, I know you love Lost and want to support it. And I know I don't like it and don't want it supported. But we both have to face facts that it SHOULDN'T be on a greatest of all time list, or a cock-tease of all time list. The story is 50% done, and 50% is left, and its not a show where you can really judge it as a whole because it won't be a whole till they fill in the fucking hole.
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby unikrunk on Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:12 pm

OZ was/is good, but hell if there is way too much dink going on; I never, ever needed to see Christopher Meloni full frontal. And just to ice that cake perfectly, he is pissing into a bucket; talking about how good it felt fucking his bitch. :shock:

That is too much for me, personally. I am not saying the director went too far; they are staying true to 'lifer lifestyle'.

I try not to watch things that make me throw up into my mouth. It’s unpleasant all the way around.
He can't' love you back...
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby PF Moon Deux on Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:15 pm

I took a cursory glance over the #100 and I've only managed to count SIX cartoons. For shame.

TOM AND JERRY? THE FLINTSTONES? REN AND STIMPY? Among others.
PF Moon Deux

Postby Fievel on Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:16 pm

I thought Oz lost its way over the last couple of seasons.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby unikrunk on Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:20 pm

PF Moon Deux wrote:

I took a cursory glance over the #100 and I've only managed to count SIX cartoons. For shame.

TOM AND JERRY? THE FLINTSTONES? REN AND STIMPY? Among others.

unikrunk seconds this post.
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby unikrunk on Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:24 pm

Fievel wrote:I thought Oz lost its way over the last couple of seasons.

I will take your word for it; the scene I described was one of maybe three shows I watched, each culminating in me having a massive panic attack due to over-association with the characters.

Even now, imagining being put into confinement with those people, in that place, being who I am...giving me fucking panic. Crap. Dude, I would be worth four Kools and a pinch of toilet-meth inside.

Pure currency.

/unikrunk...has some issues with that.
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Chilli on Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:26 pm

It was pretty explicit, but there's some tremendous acting there. Without it we wouldn't have had Harold P, AAA, JK Simmons and many others pop out into the acting showcase of future roles.
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby PF Moon Deux on Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:28 pm

Heh. PF Moon Deux seconds (or THIRDS?) your post.

I, too, was amazed by the absence of any shows set around the realms of DC.
PF Moon Deux

Postby Fievel on Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:28 pm

unikrunk wrote:

I will take your word for it; the scene I described was one of maybe three shows I watched, each culminating in me having a massive panic attack due to over-association with the characters.

Even now, imagining being put into confinement with those people, in that place, being who I am...giving me fucking panic. Crap. Dude, I would be worth four Kools and a pinch of toilet-meth inside.

Pure currency.

I used to watch the show with a bunch of friends. We all agreed that out of all of us, I'd be passed around like a rag doll as I'm the smallest of the bunch.

Your "pure currency" line is possibly the funniest thing I've read here in a while. Kudos!
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Wolfpack on Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:30 pm

I saw a Time magazine article several showing the 100 greatest TV shows of the 20th century (and therefore, all time). It ranked The Simpsons as #1.
"Alright Shaggy - you and Scooby head over that way. The girls and I will go this way."
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby tapehead on Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:51 pm

unikrunk wrote:

Pure currency.

Mark Twain would have taken you to pieces.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby godzillasushi on Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:08 pm

Lost is one of the greatest shows, even only half-way over. It doesn't take 6 years to figure out it's not like anything else and is perfect in every way. 8)

It's not like we all agree with everything there anyway.

I think The Real World is complete garbage any time. No matter what.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby unikrunk on Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:12 pm

tapehead wrote:
unikrunk wrote:

Pure currency.

Mark Twain would have taken you to pieces.

No way; he would not want to spill his Mint Julep and sully his summer whites.
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Chilli on Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:13 pm

It doesn't take 6 years to figure out it's not like anything else and is perfect in every way.

No show is, was, or will ever be perfect. I don't often state my opinion as total fact, but I will there.
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby godzillasushi on Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:16 pm

Chilli wrote:
It doesn't take 6 years to figure out it's not like anything else and is perfect in every way.

No show is, was, or will ever be perfect. I don't often state my opinion as total fact, but I will there.

Alright, well im calling a truce on this one. Plenty of time next year for the debate of the century.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Chilli on Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:18 pm

Why would you want it to be perfect anyway? Surely you want the show to get better instead of falling from its peak? :lol:
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby godzillasushi on Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:20 pm

Chilli wrote:Why would you want it to be perfect anyway? Surely you want the show to get better instead of falling from its peak? :lol:

It doesn't fall from it's peak. It's on a plateau of greatness and that plateau never ends.

And so concludes the metaphor war.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Chilli on Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:20 pm

It's on a plateau of greatness and that plateau never ends.

Aha. So it never exceeds your expectations?
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby godzillasushi on Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:30 pm

Chilli wrote:
It's on a plateau of greatness and that plateau never ends.

Aha. So it never exceeds your expectations?

Well, im on the same plateau in general. Lost and I hold hands and walk around happlily unaware of these....expectations....

I should let you know, eventually your gonna get me in a corner and I wont have anything witty to respond with. Saying this should save us some time!
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fried Gold on Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:32 pm

It's a bit of an American-fied list. Some of those shows aren't exactly universal "bests", but then I doubt Time were really thinking of an international audience when so few people read it outside of the US.

Dad's Army?
Fawlty Towers?
Match of the Day?
Captain Scarlett?
Doctor Who?
Ren & Stimpy?
Up Pompeii?
Batman?
Quatermass?
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:37 pm

Fried Gold wrote:It's a bit of an American-fied list. Some of those shows aren't exactly universal "bests", but then I doubt Time were really thinking of an international audience when so few people read it outside of the US.

Dad's Army?
Fawlty Towers?
Match of the Day?
Captain Scarlett?
Doctor Who?
Ren & Stimpy?
Up Pompeii?
Batman?
Quatermass?

How about

Sugar Rush?
Moschops?
Search For A New Pussycat Doll?
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby tapehead on Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:37 pm

Fried Gold wrote:Dad's Army?
Fawlty Towers?
Match of the Day?
Captain Scarlett?
Doctor Who?
Ren & Stimpy?
Up Pompeii?
Batman?
Quatermass?

What? no Dr Who? (Quatermass should definitely be on that list - It should be on every list).
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby Chilli on Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:39 pm

should let you know, eventually your gonna get me in a corner and I wont have anything witty to respond with. Saying this should save us some time!

Lost to me is like dating a killer chick for a year, and she's real nice, then in the second year she'll randomly hit you with a frying pan, and in the third - whoa boy - if you're lucky she'll only tell you she's really a courier for polyglobalhypersuperwebproducts, a firm selling what can only be described as a form of anthrax taken rectally twice a day for thirty-seven minutes.

And yes FG, the West Batman was a tremendous show. Dad's Army was better mind.
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby Chilli on Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:40 pm

Sugar Rush?

How about a big bowl of no?
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby Fried Gold on Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:42 pm

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:How about

Sugar Rush?
Moschops?
Search For A New Pussycat Doll?