V

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Re: V

Postby burlivesleftnut on Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:25 pm

Yeah my first MERGE!
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Fievel on Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:37 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:Yeah my first MERGE!

Riiiiiiiiiiiight! :wink:
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby papalazeru on Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:25 pm

Someone call David Ike and tell him to take notes when this show comes out.

Who am I kidding, they probably just nicked the lot from his books, the loony crabmeat his is.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby Fievel on Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:26 am

ABC To Revive V

Yayyyy!

Original "V" writer-producer-director Kenneth Johnson recently attempted to revive "V" as "V: The Second Generation" but is not involved in the Peters version.

Boooo!

But at the same time, I'd rather see it all start over again than see a "Where Are They Now?" series.

Interesting though - from Johnson's website:

Update 10/9/08 -- You may hear reports that Warner Bros TV is attempting to
“reimagine” V as a television series. This is relatively old news. Last fall their
new concept, which Kenny in not involved with, was passed on by all four
networks. Though ABC is again considering the possibility of developing a
TV pilot project, this does not in any way affect Kenny’s ongoing efforts to
remake his original classic as a major motion picture.

Kenny’s prime desire is to bring big-screen production values to the new
movie while protecting the quality, integrity and substance that made his
original V such a critically acclaimed, international landmark.

More soon. Ignore all other rumors -- the real deal will always be announced
here as soon as possible.

Either way.... LIZARRRRRRRDS!!!!!
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby bobbigboy on Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:40 pm

Suh-weeeeet. First off, new V series = WIN. Secondly, I am freaking pumped for this series because it looks like the guys behind it really care about the material. And a guy named Jace Hall is an Executive Producer which is fantastic news! He was the guy who started MONOLITH games, and headed up stuff like TRON 2.0, F.E.A.R., CONDEMNED, and a ton of other AWESOME games. If you've ever played any of his stuff, you know that the guy cares about story and how to engage an audience. I recently became addicted to his online show which is just called "The Jace Hall Show" and it's funny as hell! I CAN'T WAIT to see this series come back in a big way. 'V' is in very good hands!
bobbigboy
GLIB

Postby so sorry on Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:38 pm

Robert Englund must be in this.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby King Psyz on Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:03 pm

I'm sad to learn they're dropping the facist/nazi similarities for more of a theological one... oh well...

FACE PEELING LIZARDS MOTHER FUCKERS!
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby FifthColumnAgent on Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:36 pm

I guess the poster in Jace Hall's office really was for a new V!!! It's a totally different look now, tho. Now I gotta try and decipher it for clues to the new series :D
FifthColumnAgent
GLIB

Postby Fievel on Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:44 pm

ABC Orders V Pilot

Yay....?

No Kenneth Johnson.... not sure if that's good or bad.

Just don't suck, please.
Sigh.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

"V" and "The Witches of Eastwick"

Postby TheButcher on Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:58 am

From THR.com: ABC, NBC pilots set '80s invasion
Nellie Andreeva wrote:ABC is flashing the "V" sign.

The network has given a pilot order to a new take on NBC's 1980s miniseries about an alien invasion.

Meanwhile, NBC's comedy pilot "Lost in the '80s," originally picked up as director-contingent, has firmed up its order with the hire of "Confessions of a Shopaholic" helmer P.J. Hogan.

Written on spec by Scott Peters, the new "V" will center on a female Homeland Security agent. Peters is exec producing with HDFilms principal Jason Hall.

Two ABC pilots picked up so far this pilot season -- "V" and "The Witches of Eastwick" -- are reimaginings of 1980s titles. Both are produced by Warner Bros. TV.

"Lost in the '80s," from Sony TV and Tantamount, is considered an '80s version of "The Wonder Years" and described as "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" meets "The Ice Storm."

Bob Brush penned the script and is executive producing with Eric Tannenbaum, Kim Tannenbaum and Mitch Hurwitz.

In addition to the upcoming "Shopaholic," CAA-repped Hogan directed the hit romantic comedy "My Best Friend's Wedding."
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Fievel on Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:17 pm

Characters Of V

Herc had an article up that gave descriptions of the characters of the V pilot.
After reading them I actually lost a lot of interest in the show.
I can't explain why, but just didn't feel like "V" to me.

Was it that the lead was a female? Am I really THAT sexist?!?
The alien leader is still female like the original, I thought that worked well. Man vs alien. Man vs. Woman.
I guess the overall characters just seemed too cliche and cheesy.
Hopefully the production is better than the descriptions.

And the descriptions have been removed...

Herc wrote:Removed at the request of something called Breakdown Services, which writes:
You're messing with our copyrighted material by including the descriptions of the roles which WE CREATED!

Your a good man so remove it ASAP and we won't get legal.

Kenneth Johnson weeps at that.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Ribbons on Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:42 am

Scott Wolf to star in "V":

The Hollywood Reporter wrote:Jonathan Silverman is the first to be cast in ABC's untitled Jeff Strauss comedy pilot, Julie Bowen has landed the final lead on the ABC comedy pilot "My American Family" and Scott Wolf is set to co-star on ABC's drama pilot "V."

"V," from WBTV is set in the future, when the human race is ruled by aliens known as the Visitors. Wolf will play a career-obsessed TV newscaster who becomes the aliens' propaganda outlet.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby DennisMM on Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:17 am

That's a vaguely interesting change-up. Collaboration for fame's sake. I suppose that after 25 years they couldn't go with the heroic investigative TY journalist bit. Starting with the Visitors already in charge will give it an entirely different dynamic.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:06 pm

DennisMM wrote:That's a vaguely interesting change-up. Collaboration for fame's sake. I suppose that after 25 years they couldn't go with the heroic investigative TY journalist bit. Starting with the Visitors already in charge will give it an entirely different dynamic.

perhaps the character is based on Judith Miller and the way she shilled for george bush during the iraq war buildup
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Fievel on Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:21 am

Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:52 am

Those sonsabitches! Now I have to watch it.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Mogo on Tue May 19, 2009 5:42 am

This had better be a good reason for killing off Elizabeth Mitchell in Lost.
Mogo
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby papalazeru on Tue May 19, 2009 5:55 am

Mogo wrote:Image
This had better be a good reason for killing off Elizabeth Mitchell in Lost.

"oooo look, we're all beautiful and perfect. Love us"

Does it always have to be a perfect cast each time, or should I say type. It's always the same, why not throw in the odd minger?
Look, token black and a token Mexican, or what I like to call, 'The Mohinder effect'. I hope to god that the black guys, who just happens to be street as well as some manager, doesn't become a dab hand with weapons and military combat in about 2 seconds flat (or is a marine) and the mexican ladies aren't all research assistants in labs yet act like Zoey from Left for Dead.

papalazeru

Postby Brit Pop on Tue May 19, 2009 8:13 am

I guess that picture pretty much says Mitchell is taking the lead role permanently in V, despite the networks' circle-jerk stating she is 'only a guest star in the pilot episode'.

Is it just me, or do you NOT put a guest star smack dab in the centre of the publicity shot??

Clearly the Lost producers must have said...

"At the end of this season of Lost, it'll conclude on a cliffhanger which will show Juliet possibly being blown up by a hydrogen bomb. We are killing her off, but we don't want joe public to know... but when they find out she is the lead in V it'll pretty much ruin our cliffhanger - so is there anyway you can help us out with this?"

And the V producers response...

"Well, we can't really help you with that one... our pilot is out way before you guys start up again, so it'll be pretty obvious. How about this? In the build-up, we tell everyone that she is only guest starring in the pilot... will that help?"

Lost guys...

"That'll have to do I suppose... just one thing... the lizards in your show better have the funny voices like before!"
Brit Pop
AIRWOLF

Postby John-Locke on Tue May 19, 2009 8:37 am

They don't look like real people, they look like actors wearing clothes chosen for their characters by the costume department and they've given that fit bird from Firefly a horrid short haircut. Hopefully this is just representative of a promo poster and not of the actual show but my first impression is Meh!
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby so sorry on Tue May 19, 2009 8:45 am

John-Locke wrote: Hopefully this is just representative of a promo poster and not of the actual show but my first impression is Meh!

I think you are being too kind... more like BLECH! That looks like a freshman Design 101 project gone horribly awry.

But like they say, never judge a book by its cover...
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby papalazeru on Tue May 19, 2009 10:19 am

If it ain't got Mark 'Beast Master' Singer in, who cares anyway?

It's such a great idea for a show which is going to be ruined with 'by the numbers' production and scripts. It's doomed I tell you, let the Aliens in the show take us over and be done wtih it in the first ep, at least it'll be interesting,

papalazeru

Postby Fievel on Tue May 19, 2009 1:15 pm

John-Locke wrote:... and they've given that fit bird from Firefly a horrid short haircut.

I nominate her for a remake of The Legend of Billie Jean!!!!

....and the haircut sucks the life out of several cataloged fantasies.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Tue May 19, 2009 2:29 pm

Fievel wrote:
John-Locke wrote:... and they've given that fit bird from Firefly a horrid short haircut.

I nominate her for a remake of The Legend of Billie Jean!!!!

....and the haircut sucks the life out of several cataloged fantasies.

Aah give her a chance. A short haircut never hurt Rihanna!

These V guys look like a bunch of Wankers.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Tue May 19, 2009 2:37 pm

so sorry wrote:
John-Locke wrote: Hopefully this is just representative of a promo poster and not of the actual show but my first impression is Meh!

I think you are being too kind... more like BLECH! That looks like a freshman Design 101 project gone horribly awry.

But like they say, never judge a book by its cover...

I completely agree...but it's a lame ABC promo poster so, yeah, we can't judge much from that.

Still.......I was hoping they'd steal a page from BSG and make this a very gritty "reimagining" of the original. This doesn't look particularly gritty to me so far.

I'll probably watch it. Hell, I'm still watching Heroes so my taste is suspect anyway.
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby Fievel on Tue May 19, 2009 3:41 pm

A couple of clips

Okay, I really, REALLY hate the short hair.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby papalazeru on Tue May 19, 2009 4:05 pm

I enjoyed the interview clip. I found that the most captivating with the Aliens already trying to monopolise and bias the media.

The other 2 clips all just seemed a little drab for me. The 'welcome to earth' clip seemed a little sily and dated and the 'flash forward' clip, just ridiculous.

If this series has any hope of succeeding, it had better end up like a grittier 'They live'.

papalazeru

Postby Brit Pop on Tue May 19, 2009 6:58 pm

Nah... this wont last a season... too many people will compare it to the original... and too many people wont watch it because its a re-hash of some 80's TV show they can barely remember - or weren't born back then. And Monica Baccarin also played the main baddie in the last season of SG1, supremely hot on that - crap with short hair.

What V was to me...

Mike Donovan - bad ass cameraman and good guy.
Diana - uber-sexy alien queen, you would love to have been captured by her.
Ham Tyler - Mike Ironside at his BEST!!! NO COMPARISON!
That young lad who joined the visitor 'hitler youth' and made some guy lick his boots, then was put on a serving platter in the ultimate double cross.
Martin - fifth column alien good guy.
That whole, alien impregantes earth girl as sick experiment to create a hybrid terrahawk!
And last but not least - THE RED DUST... remember when Ham poured it over the uber-loitnents face... or when preggie earth girl killed her beau.

V WAS FUCKING COOL - SHOULD NOT BE TAMPERED WITH.... 1 SEASON MAX!!
Brit Pop
AIRWOLF

Postby Mogo on Tue May 19, 2009 7:11 pm

Bearing in mind that the original V series was somewhat lame, especially beyond it's initial two-parter.

This looks like a "Sci-Fi Original Programming" standard affair. It probably won't even inspire a new David Icke.
Mogo
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby papalazeru on Tue May 19, 2009 7:13 pm

Mogo wrote:Bearing in mind that the original V series was somewhat lame, especially beyond it's initial two-parter.

This looks like a "Sci-Fi Original Programming" standard affair. It probably won't even inspire a new David Icke.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I was waiting for the Icke reference.

papalazeru

Postby Brit Pop on Tue May 19, 2009 7:35 pm

Mogo wrote:Bearing in mind that the original V series was somewhat lame, especially beyond it's initial two-parter.

It's lameness depends on how old you are and if you watched it back then or on some Sci-Fi channel repeat.

I was like, 12 when V was on TV - it was fucking awesome! Scary too, one episode ended when an earth girl had twins, one was the star-child... the other was a nasty-ass green lizard alien - it freaked me the fuck out.
Brit Pop
AIRWOLF

Postby Fievel on Tue May 19, 2009 7:49 pm

Brit Pop wrote:Nah... this wont last a season... too many people will compare it to the original... and too many people wont watch it because its a re-hash of some 80's TV show they can barely remember - or weren't born back then. And Monica Baccarin also played the main baddie in the last season of SG1, supremely hot on that - crap with short hair.

What V was to me...

Mike Donovan - bad ass cameraman and good guy.
Diana - uber-sexy alien queen, you would love to have been captured by her.
Ham Tyler - Mike Ironside at his BEST!!! NO COMPARISON!
That young lad who joined the visitor 'hitler youth' and made some guy lick his boots, then was put on a serving platter in the ultimate double cross.
Martin - fifth column alien good guy.
That whole, alien impregantes earth girl as sick experiment to create a hybrid terrahawk!
And last but not least - THE RED DUST... remember when Ham poured it over the uber-loitnents face... or when preggie earth girl killed her beau.

V WAS FUCKING COOL - SHOULD NOT BE TAMPERED WITH.... 1 SEASON MAX!!

You speak true! And every damn word of it!!!!!
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby papalazeru on Tue May 19, 2009 7:59 pm

If only Roland Emmerich could direct it, then we'd have those lovely Independence Day visuals which we was so good with.

papalazeru

Postby John-Locke on Tue May 19, 2009 8:06 pm

That bit with everyone suddenly applauding was one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen, typical fucking American bullshit, no one else writes shit like that.

This new V is sorely missing the Nazi like uniforms, the freaky voices and (one assumes) the memorable music from the original.

The original V was BADASS, I think I watched it on it's original run over here in the UK which would have made me about 4 or 5 years old, I fucking loved it. I remember seeing some imported toys of the Mothership and figures with faces that came off to reveal the Lizard features in a second hand shop. they were like £30 in 1980's money so there was no chance of being allowed to buy them but me and my brother wanted them so badly we went on about them for years, I still hold a grudge against my parents for not buying them for us :evil:

Anyways my point is that the original V was excellent despite it's flaws, I used to prefer it to The A-Team, Knightrider and whatever else was about back then. It really ingrained itself to my memory, I clearly remember my reaction to first watching that dude with the frozen arm smashing it into tiny pieces after the liquid nitrogen accident, it gave me fucking nightmares, ditto when Diana opened up her mouth and swallowed a rabbit or guinea pig whole, or when Donovan first realised they were Lizards and tore off the guys mask. Hell as a kid my favourite thing ever was when Martin helped Donovan to escape from the Mothership and they had to jump down some air vent or something and it was like this really long super fast slide, then they got to the bottom and they were free-falling to earth, luckily they had parachutes... It might sound lame but as a wee lad I thought it was as good as Star Wars.

This new one doesn't look like it's got a chance in hell of recreating the sense of adventure and the scale of the original. I'll give it a try because it might work as it's own thing but all signs point to FAIL.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Tue May 19, 2009 8:25 pm

I think everyone's inflating the original V series in their heads a bit. It was fun, don't get me wrong, but it wasn't exactly high art. Whomever said above that it depends a lot on how old you were hit it on the head. I remembered it being AWESOME and then watched the minis and the series not too long ago. It still has some pretty cool moments, especially the first mini, but there are plenty of cringeworthy moments too (red dust from hot air balloons? lolwut?)

that said, and I hate to keep going back to the original comparison but... if Battlestar Galactica can become BSG, then anything can be remade awesome if the right pieces are in place. Here, I kinda doubt they are, though.
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Tue May 19, 2009 9:36 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote:I think everyone's inflating the original V series in their heads a bit. It was fun, don't get me wrong, but it wasn't exactly high art. Whomever said above that it depends a lot on how old you were hit it on the head. I remembered it being AWESOME and then watched the minis and the series not too long ago. It still has some pretty cool moments, especially the first mini, but there are plenty of cringeworthy moments too (red dust from hot air balloons? lolwut?)

that said, and I hate to keep going back to the original comparison but... if Battlestar Galactica can become BSG, then anything can be remade awesome if the right pieces are in place. Here, I kinda doubt they are, though.

Agree with the first paragraph, sorta agree with the second. Despite the original series being full of a lot of shite it was defineable and enjoyable a series. Love the original Battlestar Galactica series, not seen the new one, but anything is possible maybe.

Diana was hot until she ate a Guinea Pig and I'll say no more about it, you gits! :evil: She's still a lizard though. Oh noes. My dad got me a V T-Shirt with a Lizard face on it now I remember. I turned it down. :( :(

Sucking all the fun out of the Zone since 2005! - EH!?!?!? :o :o :shock: :shock:
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby TheBaxter on Tue May 19, 2009 10:09 pm

John-Locke wrote:That bit with everyone suddenly applauding was one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen, typical fucking American bullshit, no one else writes shit like that.

the clapping is REALLY... REALLY... BAD.

makes me ashamed to be an american (is this what you foreigners really think of us?)
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby John-Locke on Tue May 19, 2009 10:16 pm

Not all of you, just some of you.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby papalazeru on Tue May 19, 2009 10:40 pm

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:
Lord Voldemoo wrote:I think everyone's inflating the original V series in their heads a bit. It was fun, don't get me wrong, but it wasn't exactly high art. Whomever said above that it depends a lot on how old you were hit it on the head. I remembered it being AWESOME and then watched the minis and the series not too long ago. It still has some pretty cool moments, especially the first mini, but there are plenty of cringeworthy moments too (red dust from hot air balloons? lolwut?)

Agree with the first paragraph, sorta agree with the second. Despite the original series being full of a lot of shite it was defineable and enjoyable a series. Love the original Battlestar Galactica series, not seen the new one, but anything is possible maybe.

Diana was hot until she ate a Guinea Pig and I'll say no more about it, you gits! :evil: She's still a lizard though. Oh noes. My dad got me a V T-Shirt with a Lizard face on it now I remember. I turned it down. :( :(

Sucking all the fun out of the Zone since 2005! - EH!?!?!? :o :o :shock: :shock:

I think what the original did well was to take a good sci-fi story and keep the content quite adult, which for it's time when original Galactica was about, was quite interesting. It was like a left over of the disaster movies which they blended into sci-fi. And, it worked, even with the cheesiness, kinda like 'The invaders'.

papalazeru

Postby Fievel on Tue May 19, 2009 10:41 pm

The original mini-series (the first especially) are infinitely better than the weekly series.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Peven on Tue May 19, 2009 10:58 pm

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:

naw, Moo is being too hard on himself, he didn't become a mod until, what, '07? :-P

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Mogo on Wed May 20, 2009 8:36 am

John-Locke wrote:That bit with everyone suddenly applauding was one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen, typical fucking American bullshit, no one else writes shit like that.

True. The aliens would fail just by having a giant face appear on the bottom of the spaceship. It would freak people out to the point where they'd be running away scared regardless of the speech she made.

Brit Pop wrote:Nah... this wont last a season... too many people will compare it to the original... and too many people wont watch it because its a re-hash of some 80's TV show they can barely remember - or weren't born back then.

Is Battlestar Galactica the chink in that armour? I know it ended terribly, but was for the most part pretty decent. I'm not saying this will be anywhere near that though.

I think what the original did well was to take a good sci-fi story and keep the content quite adult, which for it's time when original Galactica was about, was quite interesting. It was like a left over of the disaster movies which they blended into sci-fi. And, it worked, even with the cheesiness, kinda like 'The invaders'.

Ah...The Invaders. Now there's an alien invasion series you could be proud to watch.

...wait....my little finger won't stop curling up....
Mogo
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby burlivesleftnut on Wed May 20, 2009 9:44 pm

I would have clapped if only in the hope the the aliens were here to secretly murder-kill all of us. I would sign up for whatever stupid traitor program they have. Why? Because human beings are scum. Just look at all those assholes who've dumped Jennifer Aniston....

They would pay first.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby so sorry on Thu May 21, 2009 9:48 am

Trailer

Not terrible, not great... I may tune in.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby John-Locke on Thu May 21, 2009 9:57 am

Don't look too bad actually, I suspect it'll be a grow-er not a show-er. Anyone notice that girl from Smallville who played Supergirl? I can't believe people find her attractive, she's got a pig face.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby TheBaxter on Thu May 21, 2009 10:29 am

yeah, it looks..... ok.

some of the Visitor stuff seems off. the way they talk and dress and stuff, they remind me kind of scientologists. maybe that's on purpose. actually, come to think of it, that could be pretty cool, if they model the Visitors on scientologists. maybe their supreme leader will be named xenu.

i like elizabeth mitchell. and it's also got that guy from the 4400. i'm sure i'll give it a watch for a few weeks at least, see how it turns out. if they manage to work in michael ironsides as a bastard mercenary who becomes a resistance leader, i'll watch at least a few more weeks.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Fried Gold on Thu May 28, 2009 5:05 am

Earth: Final Conflict is what this is reminding me of at the moment...but with secret lizard aliens.

Oh and:
....that is all.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TheBaxter on Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:21 pm

more V delays

why even bother? 4 episodes in november, then it goes away for like 4 months? even if it does well in those first 4 episodes, it will be forgotten about by march. why not just wait til march to air all the episodes? i remember when lost did the whole 6 episode mini thing, then returned the following spring, and ratings went way down. i'm pretty sure there have been a couple other shows that went on hiatus like that, especially during the writers strike, and it also pretty much ruined those shows ratings.

by the way... do you have any idea how hard it is to do a search for a thread called "V"? maybe we can rename the thread to "Vee" or something.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:49 pm

Fried Gold wrote:Earth: Final Conflict is what this is reminding me of at the moment...but with secret lizard aliens.

Oh and:
....that is all.

Inside info: That control panel was designed by Playskool. The Visitors in V were ab advanced civilization, but their motor skills where comparable to those of a 2.5 year old.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Fried Gold on Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:53 pm

TheBaxter wrote:more V delays

why even bother? 4 episodes in november, then it goes away for like 4 months? even if it does well in those first 4 episodes, it will be forgotten about by march. why not just wait til march to air all the episodes? i remember when lost did the whole 6 episode mini thing, then returned the following spring, and ratings went way down. i'm pretty sure there have been a couple other shows that went on hiatus like that, especially during the writers strike, and it also pretty much ruined those shows ratings.

I'm going on the assumption that it's not very good and someone has realised that...so a "hiatus" is a way of putting it out, getting some advertising revenue, then forgetting about it.

They could do it with Lost and BSG, because they had an established following who would wait (and they'd been around long enough to not worry about being canceled).
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

PreviousNext

Return to Coaxial