Dollhouse

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Re: Dollhouse (WHEDON'S RETURN TO TV!)

Postby ONeillSG1 on Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:18 pm

Why must Joss always be the roughed-up bridesmaid and never the full on abused bride? Poor guy.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby burlivesleftnut on Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:34 pm

whatever. Joss had a good run. Angel and Buffy are classics of TV and cultural icons to boot. He somehow made one of the dumbest movies of the 90s into a really funny, great show. If he doesn't have anything more in him, then so be it, but when do we stop blaming everyone else and finally say, "maybe not all Whedon's ideas are all that hot... maybe the dude's a whiner... maybe he's a little bit self destructive... entertain me again and I will like you, but you're not my fucking charity, asshole. YOU MADE YOU BED NOW BURN I(N ITT@!"
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby so sorry on Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:03 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:whatever. Joss had a good run. Angel and Buffy are classics of TV and cultural icons to boot. He somehow made one of the dumbest movies of the 90s into a really funny, great show. If he doesn't have anything more in him, then so be it, but when do we stop blaming everyone else and finally say, "maybe not all Whedon's ideas are all that hot... maybe the dude's a whiner... maybe he's a little bit self destructive... entertain me again and I will like you, but you're not my fucking charity, asshole. YOU MADE YOU BED NOW BURN I(N ITT@!"

Interesting thoughts from a guy who started an online petition to save a show that hasn't even aired yet! (NOTE: I reserve the right not to look stupid if it turns out that your petition was just a big joke)
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby burlivesleftnut on Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:58 pm

so sorry wrote:
burlivesleftnut wrote:whatever. Joss had a good run. Angel and Buffy are classics of TV and cultural icons to boot. He somehow made one of the dumbest movies of the 90s into a really funny, great show. If he doesn't have anything more in him, then so be it, but when do we stop blaming everyone else and finally say, "maybe not all Whedon's ideas are all that hot... maybe the dude's a whiner... maybe he's a little bit self destructive... entertain me again and I will like you, but you're not my fucking charity, asshole. YOU MADE YOU BED NOW BURN I(N ITT@!"

Interesting thoughts from a guy who started an online petition to save a show that hasn't even aired yet! (NOTE: I reserve the right not to look stupid if it turns out that your petition was just a big joke)

It was.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby The Vicar on Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:13 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:
so sorry wrote:

It was.

PWNT
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone

Postby so sorry on Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:22 pm

The Vicar wrote:
burlivesleftnut wrote:
so sorry wrote:

It was.

PWNT

:P
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby The Vicar on Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:04 am

Its okay, amigo.
The Eagles are still alive.

Feel better? :wink:
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone

Postby Leckomaniac on Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:38 pm

Has anyone see the Grindhouse-like trailers for Dollhouse/Terminator: SCC?

I saw it during BSG last night and it was flippin' rad. Pretty cool marketing gimmick Fox.

EDIT: Here is a link.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:49 pm

Yeah I saw this during Lie to Me and found it pretty gratifying. Let's hope people pay attention. Although what did the actual Grindhouse trailers do for that movie? Maybe we shouldn't think about that.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby RogueScribner on Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:46 pm

EW didn't give it a lot of praise, but the reviewer plans to stick it out to see if some of that old Whedon magic will transpire. Me, too.
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Ribbons on Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:30 pm

The first couple of episodes don't sound all that appealing, or at least the basic plots, from the reviews I've read -- so what I'm gonna do is buy the DVD after it gets cancelled after 13 episodes and hope it gets good somewhere in there...
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby burlivesleftnut on Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:55 pm

Ribbons wrote:The first couple of episodes don't sound all that appealing, or at least the basic plots, from the reviews I've read -- so what I'm gonna do is buy the DVD after it gets cancelled after 13 episodes and hope it gets good somewhere in there...

OK douche. This is the zone. We look out for each other. I don't want to hear this crap about waiting for the DVD after it's canceled. You watch the fucking show and you sign my petition.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Ribbons on Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:03 am

burlivesleftnut wrote:OK douche. This is the zone. We look out for each other. I don't want to hear this crap about waiting for the DVD after it's canceled. You watch the fucking show and you sign my petition.

Okay, we'll compromise: I'll watch the show online and sign your petition as "Captain Poopsalot."
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby burlivesleftnut on Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:04 am

Ribbons wrote:
burlivesleftnut wrote:OK douche. This is the zone. We look out for each other. I don't want to hear this crap about waiting for the DVD after it's canceled. You watch the fucking show and you sign my petition.

Okay, we'll compromise: I'll watch the show online and sign your petition as "Captain Poopsalot."

I am gonna deadmin you again.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Ribbons on Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:06 am

:(

You'd think I'd learn not to cross you after the first time. It's almost like... like I'm the Joss Whedon of admins!

[sprints out of thread]
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby telimate on Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:04 am

Oh well, It's nice to know that 'Dallhouse' returns. On what TV show channel can we watch it...? 8-)
telimate
GLIB

Postby Spandau Belly on Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:01 pm

Hey guys, I've never really cared for this Whedon guy's work other than Toy Story, which I consider to be a pretty good movie.

But I figured here's a chance to bond with you Whedonites. While I don't care about Whedon or Dollhouse, I care deeply about tits and ass. Eliza Duckshoe is posing for this month's American version of Maxim magazine to promote the show.

She's got a great body and a nice snotty hot clubchick facial expression and I always kinda hoped she'd get more work in stuff I'm into like playing a stripper or something. I liked her cleavage in Wrong Turn and that Emmuelle Chripy chick was hot in that too. I'm sure in this magazine she'll mention some shit about Dollhouse in between the transcipt of sexual harassment that defines Maxim's interviewing style. So you Whedonites will get some tidbits about a show you're into and we'll all get photos we can masterbate to. Win-win.

Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby Leckomaniac on Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:14 pm

So far so good.

Can't wait for the gorgeous Amy Acker to appear.

EDIT: Even all scarred up, Amy Acker is immaculate. This show has just a little too much babeness

EDIT2: This kidnapping story is lame as fuck, but it is obvious there are some more interesting threads that Whedon would like to play with. The opening was good enough and that should be the focus, which I imagine is what Whedon wanted all along before FOX decided to be their usual dick selves.

FINAL EDIT: The beginning and end of the episode was worth it. I imagine, from the previews, that things will improve fast. This was all FOX's interference. It shows. The premise has plenty of possibilities. Ten bucks Acker got her scars from this Alpha cat.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby RogueScribner on Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:31 pm

The ep overall was okay, but I can see different threads Whedon can build on in future eps. Plus, since this is a TV show that's meant to run many years, we all know eventually Echo is going to start remembering shit. I found it more entertaining than tonight's T:TSCC.
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Leckomaniac on Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:36 pm

RogueScribner wrote:The ep overall was okay, but I can see different threads Whedon can build on in future eps. Plus, since this is a TV show that's meant to run many years, we all know eventually Echo is going to start remembering shit. I found it more entertaining than tonight's T:TSCC.

I guarantee that the never-to-be-aired pilot is a thousand times better. It has to be. You can almost see Whedon trying to bust out of the networks lame constraints.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tapehead on Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:30 am

Can't wait to take a look at this...
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:56 pm

Dullhouse. And worse than dull? No funny. Better improve.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby darkjedijaina on Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:59 pm

yeah, there wasn't much funny in it. i was hoping for more pop-cultural wittiness, but maybe they'll get to that in time? either way, it wasn't a bad way to spend an hour. and i'm sure it'll get lovelier.
darkjedijaina
BAD ASH

Postby Nick on Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:46 am

RogueScribner wrote:Plus, since this is a TV show that's meant to run many years, we all know eventually Echo is going to start remembering shit.

Meant to... yes
Going to... unlikely

This first episode is crap

I'll give it another week or two. If it doesn't improve I'm not going to get involved in a series that isn't going to make it past 13 episodes.
-nick
Nick
AICN Crew

Postby tapehead on Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:30 am

Cynics - it was ok, not great, but then go watch Buffy ep 1 and come on back and say that rocked your world. The tech guy had a couple of funny moments, and hey, you've got to admit it's a good-looking cast and an interesting, whacky premise (Sci-FI Charlie's Angels!), but man I hope that 'Hey it's Helo as a beat down honest cop who's got the scoop' intro, confusingly montaged with the kick boxing match, isn't a style we'll see much in future eps.

Part I liked least: Whedon seems to be a big fan of holistic medicine, it figured very prominently.

I hope it doesn't run for years, but so far, three to five seasons, if it improves, might be kinda cool.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby papalazeru on Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:43 am

It's got quite a few poissiblities and while it was enjoyable, felt a little incomplete.

Eliza's performance wasn't fantastic and with the addition of Helo, it's like once you do one sci fi program, you're set for life with others. Perhaps some new intersting people and characters would have been nice, not relying on the emotional attachment that the audience has with other sci fi shows.

I mean, you've got a science guy who looks like Wash from Firefly, we have a handler who looks like the Martian Manthunter from Superman, we have an all powerful corporation outside of the government like every other damned show, we have an over arching storyling, a whole 'we can remember it for you wholesale' plot line with a very nice twist to it. It's got everything from other shows but it seems to fall together quite well.

Admittedly if could have been a stonger opener than the one we had but I think it's a concept that could fly along with some lovely twists and turns, like the fact that the head of the company may also be implanted with memories herself :D
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby RogueScribner on Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:02 pm

Ratings for the new Fox Friday night weren't stellar, but Dollhouse did improve on its lead in.

Zap2It wrote:CBS started off at 8 p.m. with "Ghost Whisperer," 6.6/12. ABC came in second with "Wife Swap." The return of FOX's "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" to its new night tied with NBC's "Howie Do It," with a 2.4/4 for the hour. The CW started off its evening with repeats of "Everybody Hates Chris" and "The Game."

At 9 p.m., "Flashpoint," brought CBS down to a 5.7/10, but still handily won the hour. ABC held on to second place with "Supernanny," and FOX was solidly in third with the much-hyped premiere of the new Joss Whedon series "Dollhouse," 2.8/5. A new episode of "13: Fear Is Real" mustered a mere 0.6/1 for The CW.

Also at Project Fox (a site where people can interact directly with the Fox network to discuss its programming), nearly 50% of respondents rated the show good or great, though more than 30% stated that they didn't watch the show (with a little over half that number saying that they still plan to).

So, not the biggest start for the show, but if Fox airs all 13 episodes and the show is any good, word of mouth will spread. Still, on the Friday night death slot it'll never achieve much beyond what it got this past Friday. They just better hope those demo numbers are good.
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Ribbons on Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:44 pm

RogueScribner wrote:Also at Project Fox (a site where people can interact directly with the Fox network to discuss its programming), nearly 50% of respondents rated the show good or great, though more than 30% stated that they didn't watch the show (with a little over half that number saying that they still plan to).

That's one of those numbers I wouldn't trust though. It's sort of like how 80% of the people on Superherohype give every comic movie that comes out a 10 out of 10. I'm not sure how many people know Project Fox even exists, and the 50% who rated it "good-to-great" could just be 100% of the Whedonites who managed to find the website.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Nick on Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:09 pm

Ribbons wrote:'m not sure how many people know Project Fox even exists, and the 50% who rated it "good-to-great" could just be 100% of the Whedonites who managed to find the website.

I got an email about it awhile ago after being on the Family Guy mailing list. Haven't checked it out though.

Anyone else notice the Edward James Olmos 'fatherly figure' shoutout? That and I don't think I will ever be able to watch Tahmoh Penikett and not think 'Helo!'

I guess when one of your executive producers is Jane Espenson you are going to get SOME BSG references.
-nick
Nick
AICN Crew

Postby havocSchultz on Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:22 pm

Nick wrote:
Ribbons wrote:'m not sure how many people know Project Fox even exists, and the 50% who rated it "good-to-great" could just be 100% of the Whedonites who managed to find the website.

I got an email about it awhile ago after being on the Family Guy mailing list. Haven't checked it out though.

Anyone else notice the Edward James Olmos 'fatherly figure' shoutout? That and I don't think I will ever be able to watch Tahmoh Penikett and not think 'Helo!'

I guess when one of your executive producers is Jane Espenson you are going to get SOME BSG references.

Dushku's a cylon...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby DanielSan on Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:01 pm

I agree with what most of you are saying - an okay episode, not great, but not terrible. Remember that Joss's strength is in character development. Someone earlier posted here to take a look back at the first episode of Buffy, and he (or she) is dead-on. An ok episode that turned into an outstanding television series.

This Dollhouse episode left me kinda bland, but I must admit that I want to know more about all the characters. You know there's gonna be some great backstories. (I'll bet Amy Acker's character was an agent that got all fucked up on an assignment, so they just programmed her with the medical knowledge and put her to work.)

I just hope viewers have faith (no pun intended) to keep watching. I'm certain it will get better - if it survives!
DanielSan
GRANDO CARLISSIAN

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:20 pm

can't disagree with the "Dullhouse" assessment. But this is definitiely true:

DanielSan wrote: Remember that Joss's strength is in character development.

Given a little time I have no doubt that the characters will grow into something to care about. Whedon's proven it time and again for me. Whether we will get that time remains to be seen. The timeslot does totally suck too...thank jebus for my dvr.
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby DaleTremont on Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:05 am

Disappointing. First off, the dialogue was generally terrible. It makes me fear Whedon has lost his touch. Secondly, I couldn't get past the Dollhouse set. It looked like a day spa. I get that that could be intentional but it was still so damn silly. I mean, the part where Echo walks in on tech-dude doing some crazy rebooting on the Asian chick? It was a frosted glass door for god's sake. They couldn't invest in solid metal for the super-secret lab that no one is supposed to see?

Also, said tech-dude doesn't remind me of Wash so much as Andrew. Too much. It's like he's a recycled character.

However the biggest problem by far was Eliza Dushku. She's very good-looking but she can't act for shit. She really can't carry a show. It's most glaringly bad when she's in her personality-wiped Echo moments and tries to pull off the blankly perplexed look. I liked her as Faith because she could get away with being a bit of a ham in the super tough chick role but I really feel like she doesn't work in this part. Summer Glau would have worked in this role a lot better, for example.

Obviously I'm going to keep watching in the hope that it will get better. I liked the part when the aforementioned Asian chick busted down the door and blew that kidnapper away through the wall. So that was a positive.
DaleTremont
Loincloth Bronson

Postby papalazeru on Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:32 am

DaleTremont wrote:Obviously I'm going to keep watching in the hope that it will get better. I liked the part when the aforementioned Asian chick busted down the door and blew that kidnapper away through the wall. So that was a positive.

Don'#t hold out too much hope, that girl was in Neighbours before hollywood. And she was shit.

papalazeru

Postby Nick on Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:54 am

DaleTremont wrote:However the biggest problem by far was Eliza Dushku. She's very good-looking but she can't act for shit. She really can't carry a show. It's most glaringly bad when she's in her personality-wiped Echo moments and tries to pull off the blankly perplexed look. I liked her as Faith because she could get away with being a bit of a ham in the super tough chick role but I really feel like she doesn't work in this part.

I agree. Cardboard acting just kills this. Then again, like you said, the script was horrible to begin with.

The Helo and Romo bit was nifty
-nick
Nick
AICN Crew

Postby darkjedijaina on Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:10 pm

I dug the second episode much more than the first. I'm gonna keep watching a bit before I mark it as a FAIL. Liked the fact that now we see Echo is remembering some things. And we have a tiny bit of a backstory. The first episode didn't have anything like that.
darkjedijaina
BAD ASH

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:59 pm

That episode was all kinds of awesome. Would have made a better pilot than the pilot really. Give me more of this weird kinky shit and I am in for the long haul.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby papalazeru on Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:23 pm

This is like Running man meets Total Recall, all set in Porky's country.

I'm loving it. Brilliant second ep, the development is moving at a good old pace. We've already established a super bad ass mofo guy who will no doubt make an appearance.

And with Helo and Romo, this is becomeing Galactica High schmooz.

papalazeru

Postby RogueScribner on Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:03 am

I definitely enjoyed the 2nd ep more than the first. I can't wait to see where this goes.
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby DanielSan on Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:17 am

MUCH better episode! This will lend a whole different level to every assignment she goes on!
DanielSan
GRANDO CARLISSIAN

Postby Retardo_Montalban on Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:29 am

Wow, this show is boring. Like Bionic Woman boring. Oh no, the antagonist is a former clandestine operative whose programming went wrong. This flash back episode is the only episode I've seen thus far, but the physician girl's scars annoy the hell out of me. they are way too big given how well they were sutured in the flash back. A well sutured scar should only leave slight discoloration and some depression where the wound occurred. The physician has a huge widened scar on her forehead that suggests her wound healed open. At most her scars should only be depressed lines on her face with some discoloration. Also, seeing as she works in a fancy rich man's lab, she should have access to collagen treatments which would fill in the depressions and only leave the discoloration. I'm going to watch this show again in a year and that girl better have some scar treatment. I know it's supposed to be shocking T.V. to have a pretty girl with her face all mangled up and you're supposed to think "wow, those scars make this girl a deep character", but there better be a flashback episode where someone removes her forehead stitches and forces her to heal her face all open in a warehouse without medical care or else this is going to seriously distract me. OCD rant over.
Retardo_Montalban
doubleplusungood

Postby ONeillSG1 on Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:31 pm

darkjedijaina wrote:I dug the second episode much more than the first. I'm gonna keep watching a bit before I mark it as a FAIL. Liked the fact that now we see Echo is remembering some things. And we have a tiny bit of a backstory. The first episode didn't have anything like that.

I agree. They really should have went with this episode as the series opener.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby Nick on Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:36 pm

Somehow I have a feeling that this show will be canceled but the DVD will sell reasonably well...

Or at the very least it will be canceled... which is too bad, because I am (somewhat) enjoying it.

Would be great on Scifi. Although I dunno that a show that Fox invested so much in would ever end up on an NBC/Universal station.
-nick
Nick
AICN Crew

Postby tapehead on Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:04 pm

Third ep, and I think I'm beginning to get a handle on the amount of adult fantasy this show seems intent upon entertaining. What I'm enjoying is that it looks set to be psychotically illogical, sexy (or at least titillating) and violent (or at least, action-packed and without too much emphasis on moralising). I have to say I think the concept is broad enough in it's appeal, and simple enough that this could still be pretty commercially viable, but I guess, the naysaying 'It's gonna get cancelled!' set aside, that remains to be seen.

I think they need to bolster Tahmoh Penikett's storyline with a bit more depth and motivation than his cute neighbor with a crush, his single mindedness and great abs. Finding out that his Russian Mafia connection was a doll this week was a nice start, but his character is already coming off as a little one-note.
I quite liked the self destructive Britney-type episode arc and would welcome more pop-culture based subjects. These combined with the pure wackiness and dark fun of last week's murderous survivalist story should push things along nicely as the 'verse of this show develops.

This week I especially enjoyed the concluding moments where Echo and Sierra crossed paths at the Dollhouse, looked at and recognised each other, Echo giving the other doll that 'now is not a good time' expression...

AVClub interview with El Dusku - I'll be watching to ep six at least.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby instant_karma on Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:09 am

I haven't seen episode 3 yet, but I'm gonna go ahead and guess that the FBI dude's neighbour is Alpha and that Boyd personality is also an implant.

And if I turn out to be wrong, I will kill every zoner so that my shame can remain a secret...
instant_karma
Comes in 4 exciting flavours

Postby Maui on Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:12 pm

Leckomaniac wrote:
EDIT2: This kidnapping story is lame as fuck

zzzzzzzzz, yes indeedy. The show is getting better as the characters and plot develop. I also feel Dushku's acting is mediocre but she sure knows how to cut up the dance floor, eh? The lasagna chick definitely had a Stepford wife feel about her. Is Ballard bland or what or maybe that's just the whole FBI shtick?

The facility IS like a day spa, I'm just waiting for the next episode when they have mud baths and Fijian sugar scrubs.

I will continue to watch - the show isn't great but it isn't bad either.
Maui
WoWie

Postby Leckomaniac on Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:56 pm

tapehead wrote:Third ep, and I think I'm beginning to get a handle on the amount of adult fantasy this show seems intent upon entertaining. What I'm enjoying is that it looks set to be psychotically illogical, sexy (or at least titillating) and violent (or at least, action-packed and without too much emphasis on moralising). I have to say I think the concept is broad enough in it's appeal, and simple enough that this could still be pretty commercially viable, but I guess, the naysaying 'It's gonna get cancelled!' set aside, that remains to be seen.

I think they need to bolster Tahmoh Penikett's storyline with a bit more depth and motivation than his cute neighbor with a crush, his single mindedness and great abs. Finding out that his Russian Mafia connection was a doll this week was a nice start, but his character is already coming off as a little one-note.
I quite liked the self destructive Britney-type episode arc and would welcome more pop-culture based subjects. These combined with the pure wackiness and dark fun of last week's murderous survivalist story should push things along nicely as the 'verse of this show develops.

This week I especially enjoyed the concluding moments where Echo and Sierra crossed paths at the Dollhouse, looked at and recognised each other, Echo giving the other doll that 'now is not a good time' expression...

AVClub interview with El Dusku - I'll be watching to ep six at least.

Your thoughts mirror mine exactly. The pop star arc really played out better than I could have hoped. I was rolling my eyes at first, but I was impressed by the turn it took.

Some interesting developments ensure that I come back next week, at least.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Nick on Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:39 am

This show is getting a lot better... next week looks awesome
-nick
Nick
AICN Crew

Postby Maui on Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:08 pm

Next week's episode looks encouraging. The last 2 episodes have been OK, nothing to write home about though.

Interesting storyline this week with Esther pronouncing Meshach inconsistently throughout the bible reading. :roll:
Maui
WoWie

Postby RogueScribner on Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:49 am

Okay, everyone is probably jizzing over the finale of BSG right now, but I missed it in favor of Dollhouse. Why I missed the replay is another story. :-P Thank god for the internets!!!

Anyhoo, tonight's ep of Dollhouse was really good and certainly upped the game. It was jam packed with goodness and really sets the stage for more goodness down the road. Crazy theory: FBI dude is Alpha! I can't take credit for that theory--it's my wife's--but after this episode I think she might be right. It's the only reason why certain people would have been killed and others kept alive, IMO. I did totally call the neighbor being a Doll, though. I knew that from her first annoying introduction a few weeks back.

This episode felt like Joss unleashed from Fox's interference. No awkward exposition, no dumbing shit down for the audience. Just pure tightly plotted character developing plot advancing goodness. This is the first episode of the series where I thought it felt like a Whedon show. Let's hope the trend continues.
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

PreviousNext

Return to Coaxial