Breaking Bad (Now w/ El Camino)

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Re: Breaking Bad

Postby Fievel on Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:03 pm

Bean wrote:I think Hank and Gomie will be killed, Jessie gets taken to cook

Well done.

What a haunting way to start the show. I'll bet it has an even better effect on DVD/BluRay with no commercial break. I'm glad we didn't see Gomez die - it would have just been a chunk of time needed to show Hank's reaction, and for some reason I appreciate not having that hammered in. As well as I appreciated not having to see Hank actually be shot.

But the thing about this episode was the phone call at the end. When I realized what Walt was doing.... .....and how much ass Cranston was kicking in that scene..... :P

So fucking good.

2 more to go.

:P
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby papalazeru on Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:14 am

For some reason, it wasn't quite as harrowing as Gus dying but damn - Hank!

I'm going to miss him.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby Ribbons on Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:29 am

Fievel wrote:
Bean wrote:I think Hank and Gomie will be killed, Jessie gets taken to cook

Well done.

Holy shit, BEAN! Who should I pick in tonight's football game?

Also, I think whatever Walter was doing at the end went over my head. Was he going over-the-top bananas in order to take the heat off his family?

So much stress packed into one episode. I kept expecting someone to get a kitchen knife in the gut during that fight. And I was genuinely stunned by how Jesse learned about his dead girlfriend Jane. I wasn't sure how it was going to come back up, if ever, but definitely not like that.

So what are these "things" that Walter still has left to do? Free Jesse? Get his money back? Learn to play the piano?
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Fievel on Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:43 am

Ribbons wrote:Also, I think whatever Walter was doing at the end went over my head. Was he going over-the-top bananas in order to take the heat off his family?

Exactly! He absolutely KNEW the cops were listening in on the call. Notice how he said several times that he had continually threatened Skylar - so that if it came down to it, she'd be off the hook for owning/running a car wash with drug money. He went into Ultra-Heisenberg mode for that call to come across to the cops as the most evil person he could - all to save the family from legal repercussions. The best part of it, and this is 100% on Cranston's performance, is how he had to pull the phone away a couple of times because he was crying (for all he knows at this point, that was good bye). Skylar picked up on what Walt was doing and said all the right things in her response.

Walt has done horrible things. He is not a good guy. But that scene was fucking heart-wrenching - especially with the fire station bit that followed.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Fievel on Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:50 am

Random thought - I hope that Jessie gets shot. I don't even care who does it (although Walt has rights). But I hope he gets shot and manages to drive away - to go back to his parents' house, where he could bleed out all over their carpet/furniture (maybe his dad's favorite chair or something spiteful like that). Would be a nice circle for him, and he could possibly give his brother a fitting "don't be like me" speech as he dies.

Or even crueler - he goes back to their house..... but they have moved, and he still bleeds out.

The brother has to be well old enough now to really be getting into shit of his own (he stole Jessie's weed in the first season). I'm actually surprised that he didn't come back as a meth customer or something.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Bean on Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:08 pm

::takes bow::

I don't have a clue what will happen next week. What keeps coming to me is the fact that the Car Wash will most likely be seized by the government because it was bought with drug money. This leaves Walt's family shit out of luck money wise. How will Walt get the money to them?

I think the DEA confiscates the house and Walt Jr. most likely spray paints HEISENBERG on the wall, he's just so destroyed by all this news.

Jessie told Todd that his video taped confession is at Hank's house. Who will be staying at Hank's house when their house is seized by the DEA?

What Walt is coming back for with the assault rifle and the ricin has got to be him going back to confront the Nazi's, obviously. But is it to rescue Jessie? Jessie is dead to Walt. I think Walt is coming back to take revenge on the Nazi's for killing either Skylar or perhaps Marie if she gets in the way? Could be they kill his whole family.

AHHH. Fucking a this show is amazing.
Bean
AIRWOLF

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:05 am

Bean wrote:::takes bow::

I don't have a clue what will happen next week. What keeps coming to me is the fact that the Car Wash will most likely be seized by the government because it was bought with drug money. This leaves Walt's family shit out of luck money wise. How will Walt get the money to them?

I think the DEA confiscates the house and Walt Jr. most likely spray paints HEISENBERG on the wall, he's just so destroyed by all this news.

Jessie told Todd that his video taped confession is at Hank's house. Who will be staying at Hank's house when their house is seized by the DEA?

What Walt is coming back for with the assault rifle and the ricin has got to be him going back to confront the Nazi's, obviously. But is it to rescue Jessie? Jessie is dead to Walt. I think Walt is coming back to take revenge on the Nazi's for killing either Skylar or perhaps Marie if she gets in the way? Could be they kill his whole family.

haha, well done, Bean. Good to see you too!

Just got done watching the episode (even Breaking Bad takes a one night back seat to Seahawks vs. 49ers Sunday Night Football).

Holy motherfucking shit. TV doesn't get better than this. Cranston could spiritually channel Jerry Lewis for the last two episodes and he'd still deserve the emmy. That phone call was just insanely good.

Loved the intro. It was interesting. It's easy to forget, now, how different the tone was in season 1 and 2 at times than it is now. I miss some of the humor, just because it was so good. I miss some of the ass-backwards camaraderie between Walt and Jessie. But the intro was so perfect and poignant and illustrative of just how far Walt, in particular, has fallen. Just a perfect counter-point starting note to this episode to me. Given how much happened and how great the performances were I'm not sure why I'm fixating on it, but I am. Also loved the imagery of boiling water to start the episode, particularly after the relatively slow boil of the first couple of episodes of the half-season.

Really great, all the way around. No idea what's going to happen. Don't really want to speculate at this stage. I just want to see it unfold. Or, perhaps, unravel is a better word choice.
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby Bean on Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:28 am

Lord Voldemoo wrote:
Bean wrote:::takes bow::

haha, well done, Bean. Good to see you too!

Just got done watching the episode (even Breaking Bad takes a one night back seat to Seahawks vs. 49ers Sunday Night Football).

Holy motherfucking shit. TV doesn't get better than this. Cranston could spiritually channel Jerry Lewis for the last two episodes and he'd still deserve the emmy. That phone call was just insanely good.

Loved the intro. It was interesting. It's easy to forget, now, how different the tone was in season 1 and 2 at times than it is now. I miss some of the humor, just because it was so good. I miss some of the ass-backwards camaraderie between Walt and Jessie. But the intro was so perfect and poignant and illustrative of just how far Walt, in particular, has fallen. Just a perfect counter-point starting note to this episode to me. Given how much happened and how great the performances were I'm not sure why I'm fixating on it, but I am. Also loved the imagery of boiling water to start the episode, particularly after the relatively slow boil of the first couple of episodes of the half-season.

Really great, all the way around. No idea what's going to happen. Don't really want to speculate at this stage. I just want to see it unfold. Or, perhaps, unravel is a better word choice.

Good to see you He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Milked!

Are the Seahawks still doing Phish's WILSON chant? Phish nerds were freaking out about them doing that the last game. Crazy shit.

I really think Walt's family is fucked with Walt gone, the Nazi's are coming for that tape. Either way, I really can't wait to see everything unfold like you said. Even better, the last two episodes are 75 min long!
Bean
AIRWOLF

Postby DerLanghaarige on Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:08 pm

Damn, looks like Walt spent a lot of time on the internet, reading comments from those darn Skylar haters. :D Also how great is a show, where even the baby is a brillant actor?

Lord Voldemoo wrote:It's easy to forget, now, how different the tone was in season 1 and 2 at times than it is now. I miss some of the humor, just because it was so good.

That's why I loved the scene after the intro, where Walt had to roll the barrell through the desert. The song might have had some sad and appropriate lyrics, but its style gave the whole scene the extra push of (dark) humor, that we all needed after that beginning.

Fievel wrote:I'll bet it has an even better effect on DVD/BluRay with no commercial break.

It runs over here on pay TV, so no commercials and while I can't now of course comment on how it works WITH commercials, the nonstop version had me hold my breath for a fucking long time.

PS: I hope the next episode starts with a news report about Heisenberg and the bullies, who were picking on Walt Jr in the pilot episode until Walt decided to pick back, watch it, recognize him and start panicking.
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby Bean on Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:46 pm

I'll note that I don't have cable and have been downloading the episodes after they air. I would hate to wait through commercial breaks! If you can wait the extra hour I highly recommend the Pirate way.
Bean
AIRWOLF

Postby DerLanghaarige on Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:15 pm

So...next week it will be over. Forever. This episode felt like a last catch of breath inbetween the brillant last episode and the next one, that has every potential to top it or at least be as good.
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby Fievel on Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:37 pm

DerLanghaarige wrote:So...next week it will be over. Forever. This episode felt like a last catch of breath inbetween the brillant last episode and the next one, that has every potential to top it or at least be as good.

I was a breather, but with a ton of shit happening.
-Walt Jr. told his dad to leave them alone. Walt now has nothing to live for. This plus the gun pickup is likely going to lead to a major shootout next Sunday.
-The gap between the Season 5 opening scene (summer 2012) and the main storyline has now been filled.... mostly.
-Todd shot Andrea - Now Jesse is going to become unhinged with what little resolve he had left.

-Saul is gone?
-Is Huell still waiting in the motel room for Hank to return?
-Who is the Ricin for? Lydia's continual drinking of Chamomine tea seems to be foreshadowing. Walt passed up an opportunity before, but I think she's gone.

Who is going to survive next week is the question.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby SooperPooperScooper on Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:02 am

STOP TALKING ABOUT BREAKING BAD!!!!!
SooperPooperScooper
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby DerLanghaarige on Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:57 am

You just talked about Breaking Bad too!
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby Ribbons on Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:44 pm

Fievel wrote:-Who is the Ricin for? Lydia's continual drinking of Chamomine tea seems to be foreshadowing.

And it probably looks an awful lot like Stevia...
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:50 am

Ribbons wrote:
Fievel wrote:-Who is the Ricin for? Lydia's continual drinking of Chamomine tea seems to be foreshadowing.

oh crap. you're right! :shock:
Lord Voldemoo

Postby DerLanghaarige on Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:38 am

Random finale guesses:

- Walt and Jesse will probably fight the Nazis together (since they are now their common enemy), but in the end, they won't put their differences aside. Too much shit has happened between them, including both being indirectly responsible for the death of Hank and Andrea. Walt will probably catch a bullet and Jesse will just walk away without saying anything and let him die instead of finishing or helping him.

- Maybe we will see Gus again, in a (newly filmed) flashback or hallucination. Maybe even Krazy 8, Mike and many other of Heisenberg's victims. I don't really think Vince Gilligan will waste one second of the finale with something like that, but it would be a great opportunity. (Maybe pre opening credits?)
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:53 pm

SooperPooperScooper wrote:STOP TALKING ABOUT BREAKING BAD!!!!!

Chill out mate. Don't be a partyPooper right?
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Fievel on Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:08 pm

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:

Nice to see the Kirks again!
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby papalazeru on Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:30 am

Fievel wrote:
Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:

This guy...same GUY!
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby Fievel on Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:49 am

papalazeru wrote:
Fievel wrote:
Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:

This guy...same GUY!

I know, but he's so much more loveable as Kirks.
SPS is like a really old racist relative - you really don't want him around, but you know there's something redeeming deep down in there.... somewhere..... hopefully..... and that something within SPS is the moniker Cpt Kirks 2pay.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby tfactor on Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:25 am

Wow, OK so we just got caught up with Breaking Bad yesterday, we had a binge of the last 5 or 6 episodes. I can't freaking wait to see how this thing will end. However there are a lot of loose ends to tie up here; Todd & crew getting what they deserve, Lydia (maybe taking the fall for everything the way Walt made the video pointing the finger at Hank), Walt Junior & Skyler forgiveness (& the money), Jesse's (poor bastard) revenge where will he end up in all this, AND Walt; will he succeed getting back at Jack, get his money & get free again? Will the cancer finally complete its job? Will he ever get some payback on Gray Matter? Will he get back on top of all this stuff? Will he ever get caught? Will Marie (Hank's wife) ever get shot in the face, like I hope she does? Will SuperPooper ever not act like a little bitch when people try to discuss this show? Will Kirk 2pay ever pay me the $50 he owes me?

So many questions for only 1 remaining episode...

counting the seconds until tonight's Series Finale... can't freaking wait! Is anyone else doing a "live" viewing with friends?
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby Fievel on Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:37 am

What if Walt's main intention for the gun isn't Uncle Jack & crew, but Gray Matter?

Seeing them on The Charlie Rose show set him off... Walt Jr. told him it's HIS fault that Hank is dead... Whose fault is it really that any of this happened in the first place? The people who sold him out for pennies.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:26 am

SPOILERS STOP READING

to me the finale was, for all intents and purposes, near perfect. The only gripes I had were around what went down at the nazi compound with the machine gun and the somewhat James Bond Villian-y need for papa nazi to prove some sort of a point before simply capping Walt in the head. The machine gun gambit was awesome, but seemed a little far-fetched (what if only a couple of the nazis had been in the room, for example). At the end of the day minor quibbles with an awesome episode, season and series.

HIghest point: the final moments between Walt and Jesse. Second highest: Jesse killing that dead eye bumpkin fuck Todd (a room filled with people the majority of whom I would classify as inherent pacifists were screaming KILL HIM KILL HIM KILL HIM). Third highest: Walt and Skylar. Fourth highest: Jesse screaming and laughing his way down the road. Most bad-ass: laser sights through the windows. Funniest: the fact that they were actually laser pointers aimed by tweedle-dee and tweedle-methhead.

Finally- way to go Fievel and Ribbons!!!

Ribbons wrote:

Gotta process some. But I loved the finale. Great show. I'll miss it.

P.S. if the proposed Better Call Saul show is actually an old school The Odd Couple style sitcom with Saul and Jesse, I'll wet myself.
Lord Voldemoo

Re: Breaking Bad- OMG IT'S OVER :(

Postby Fievel on Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:43 am

So the scene at Gretchen & Elliot's.... when the dots appeared, I was thinking "Oh, he hired some local homeless drunks or junkies to shine some lasers." And then when it turned out to be Badger and Skinny Pete, which took me by complete surprise..... :oops: :evil: :oops: :evil: I FUCKING GOT MISTY OVER SEEING BADGER AND SKINNY PETE ONE FINAL TIME!! GOD DAMMIT!!!! It was the real first sign for me that the end was here.

Loved the scene between Walt & Skylar, and got all misty again when he checked in on Holly (the fact that she was so damn cute as she slept didn't help!!!). I also appreciated that he watched Jr. get off of the bus and walk in the house, but wish he would have muttered a "good bye" or "love you" or something. Instead it just came across as slightly creepy.

Other than that, it was just a matter of waiting for the body count to pile up.

Will be thinking about this episode, this season, and this show for a long time.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby travis-dane on Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:26 am

It's done and it's done well.

So happy Jesse lives, so happy Walt gets what he deserves, fucking greedy bastard should have pulled out after he had his 700.000$.

For a finale full of fan service, it was really good but it did not blow me away like I thought it would.

The show in general weas damn near perfect.
-
Lesbian Nazi Hookers Abducted by UFOs and Forced Into Weight Loss Programs!
travis-dane
100% OLEG!

Postby Fievel on Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:32 pm

This Is What Everyone Is Writing About Breaking Bad Today

Kind of a cool read with the episode still so fresh on the mind.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby DerLanghaarige on Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:07 pm

Yup, that was a 99,5% perfect ending. The 0,5% miss are minor things like "What if Lydia rushes now to the hospital and survives?", "Sheesh, Walt's plan worked out VERY well" or "Well at least a short epilogue would have been nice", but nothing that will make me think less of that last hour, that was most likely the greatest series finale ever.
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby Ribbons on Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:49 pm

One of the things that I enjoyed was that there were no cast reunions in this episode. You see that a lot in series finales (Lost, Scrubs, The Office, The Wire), but it would have felt very out of place here. There was no Gus, no Mike, no Saul; Walt doesn't make amends with Junior -- he barely makes amends with Jesse. It's just him and a biker gang, and eventually just him. I understand why some people found this approach to be anti-climactic, but I found it very appropriate.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Fievel on Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:30 am

'Breaking Bad' stars: See their stunned reaction reading the final script

This is pretty cool. Combined with the Malcolm in the Middle "ending", and you just know these are the tip of the iceberg..... they are providing some great features to go along with the box set!
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby SooperPooperScooper on Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:41 pm

this was pretty damn good actually. wish the chavs like everyone above woudl shut the fuck up talking about it though. gentlemen.
SooperPooperScooper
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby SooperPooperScooper on Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:01 pm

tfactor wrote:I feel like this show extends what would be normal durations for a scene trying to be all artzy fartzy and it does that a little too often. The Fly episode is a prime example. They completely diverted the entire story and that day's productivity but then act like Gustaf is watching them so very closely. "be careful" Walt even warns Jesse at one point. Well if that were the case wouldn't a red flag have gone up seeing the two of them hunting down a insect all day instead of cooking? Plus what is the deal with Jesse trying to recruit drug sales from his rehab center, while he is trying to stay clean no less. The idea sounded good at first but its proving to be closer to reality in what would actually really happen in this situation, in that it would likely be a deadend. The show imo went from this super edgy realistic interesting story about a dieing man trying to provide for his family in the worst possible (morally) yet quickest way imaginable. Now the show is just about these two lab rats who no longer actually "Deal" but rather just work for a hidden dealer that runs a fast food chain and wears a tie. Seriously think about if you picked up this show right now without having seen anything that happened previously, would any of what happened in the last 2-3 episodes tell you wtf is going on?

Plus by eliminating those Cartel twins the writers sucked the last bit of excitement right out of the show for me. I mean those twins were getting pretty annoying anyway but the brother in law taking the blunt end of their rath was just too predictable. Its not like the previous twists in seasons past, it felt more like an excuse to have the Twins duke it out with someone more equally matched. But now this whole being in the hospital and not wanting to return to his house BS is going on. The shows just bounces back and forth between what is actually reasonable to imagine Really happening To just being obviously vague to draw their story telling out. I have never known a single person who had to stay at a hospital that didn't want to go home. Hell I have even seen people (in real life) just up and leave hospitals before they should have for a variety of reasons. So that whole story angle just plain bothers me because its not as realistic, or at least requires the viewer to turn a deaf ear to what has happened in the past. Plus back here in the really real world - someone at the bureau would have picked up Anything that Hank was working because thats how law enforcement works. Instead the show insists that you believe that all a drug dealer has to do is off the investigating officer and Boom - no one ever gets caught. And I just can seem to bring myself to accept that as possible.

Anyway its something interesting to watch right now, so we keep tuning in but I feel like the show isn't trying that hard, at least not as hard as it had previously. I mean at this point - what is to stop Gus from just killing Hank, Jesse and Skyler to tie up all his loose ends once he knows the cooking method [which should have technically been figured out with the 1st batch Hank made with that other Lab guy]? Plus this isn't exactly an office job, so what even happened to that other guy?

Skyler getting involved is another dumb twist which I just can't get over. Now on top of that they are going to start paying Hank's medical bills with Walt's drug money? Yeah that is not how things work. Government employees (especially cops) would have medical benefits and most certainly would pay for damage done in the line of duty.

Without angles that have some level of excitement this is just a story about two guys making blue jello for all that matters. And WTF is up with the typing of messages being all screwed up and not being able to see the line I'm typing.

This place is falling apart without Doc... *sniffle* remember him?

fuck off you moody gentleman.
SooperPooperScooper
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby SooperPooperScooper on Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:01 pm

SooperPooperScooper wrote:
tfactor wrote:I feel like this show extends what would be normal durations for a scene trying to be all artzy fartzy and it does that a little too often. The Fly episode is a prime example. They completely diverted the entire story and that day's productivity but then act like Gustaf is watching them so very closely. "be careful" Walt even warns Jesse at one point. Well if that were the case wouldn't a red flag have gone up seeing the two of them hunting down a insect all day instead of cooking? Plus what is the deal with Jesse trying to recruit drug sales from his rehab center, while he is trying to stay clean no less. The idea sounded good at first but its proving to be closer to reality in what would actually really happen in this situation, in that it would likely be a deadend. The show imo went from this super edgy realistic interesting story about a dieing man trying to provide for his family in the worst possible (morally) yet quickest way imaginable. Now the show is just about these two lab rats who no longer actually "Deal" but rather just work for a hidden dealer that runs a fast food chain and wears a tie. Seriously think about if you picked up this show right now without having seen anything that happened previously, would any of what happened in the last 2-3 episodes tell you wtf is going on?

Plus by eliminating those Cartel twins the writers sucked the last bit of excitement right out of the show for me. I mean those twins were getting pretty annoying anyway but the brother in law taking the blunt end of their rath was just too predictable. Its not like the previous twists in seasons past, it felt more like an excuse to have the Twins duke it out with someone more equally matched. But now this whole being in the hospital and not wanting to return to his house BS is going on. The shows just bounces back and forth between what is actually reasonable to imagine Really happening To just being obviously vague to draw their story telling out. I have never known a single person who had to stay at a hospital that didn't want to go home. Hell I have even seen people (in real life) just up and leave hospitals before they should have for a variety of reasons. So that whole story angle just plain bothers me because its not as realistic, or at least requires the viewer to turn a deaf ear to what has happened in the past. Plus back here in the really real world - someone at the bureau would have picked up Anything that Hank was working because thats how law enforcement works. Instead the show insists that you believe that all a drug dealer has to do is off the investigating officer and Boom - no one ever gets caught. And I just can seem to bring myself to accept that as possible.

Anyway its something interesting to watch right now, so we keep tuning in but I feel like the show isn't trying that hard, at least not as hard as it had previously. I mean at this point - what is to stop Gus from just killing Hank, Jesse and Skyler to tie up all his loose ends once he knows the cooking method [which should have technically been figured out with the 1st batch Hank made with that other Lab guy]? Plus this isn't exactly an office job, so what even happened to that other guy?

Skyler getting involved is another dumb twist which I just can't get over. Now on top of that they are going to start paying Hank's medical bills with Walt's drug money? Yeah that is not how things work. Government employees (especially cops) would have medical benefits and most certainly would pay for damage done in the line of duty.

Without angles that have some level of excitement this is just a story about two guys making blue jello for all that matters. And WTF is up with the typing of messages being all screwed up and not being able to see the line I'm typing.

This place is falling apart without Doc... *sniffle* remember him?

fuck off you moody gentleman. if you don't like it don't watch it.
SooperPooperScooper
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby SooperPooperScooper on Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:03 pm

papalazeru wrote:
John-Locke wrote:Not one comment yet about the amazing season Finale?

I don't know where to start but it sure was brilliant and extremely tense towards the end there, shame we have to wait a whole year for season 4 (instead of like 9 months).

Who thinks Jesse shot him and who thinks he aimed slightly to the right? I think it was just the camera moving myself and that Jesse has finally properly broken bad and become a murderer like Walt.

That's because I do not want to see this as a finalé...more the last episode in a season break before next year. If I look at it as a finalé, I may got stir crazy thinking about how long I've got to go till the next ep.

Fuck me, every show turns the last on it's head. I love the development of everything in this show, the characters, the story, the details. It's so beautiful.

stop calling things beautiful all the time. Dumbledore gentleman.
SooperPooperScooper
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby SooperPooperScooper on Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:06 pm

tfactor wrote:OK look, I do enjoy Cranston and this show in general. However this last episode is fucking chaos with a capital F!
SPOILER WARNING!
So Gus sent Mike to actually kill Walt even though it wasn't clear if Gale could solo handle the cook? This would mean that Gus never planned to pay Walt, which also means Walt has been cooking crazy amounts or Meth for FREE this entire season and now he has Nothing to show for it!!! So I don't get why everyone is so happy with the way they ended this season?

Walt doesn't stand a chance in hell going up against Gus. Thats not me rooting for the bad guy, its just plain logic that the guy will millions of dollars could easily wipe out someone with much less means, like Walt. Walt's brains are only going to get him so far. Plus if Gus was watching so closely via cameras or whatever, wouldn't he have all the knowldge he needs after the first filmed cook? So why would he even need Gale so desperately?

Are the viewers supposed to think that Gus will just say "ok you killed my cook, I guess I need you to continue cooking" even though it is now clear Gus does Not have intentions of actually paying Walt his $3mil?

My problem with this finale was - things obviously can't go back to the way it was. This definitely shakes things up significantly but seriously, why is everyone so happy about this Finale?

Walt & Jesse get screwed out of their money, Gus gets all the meth (at zero cost), innocent Gale gets killed and Walt still has Mike's gun to his head. And now we wait a year?!?!? Yes I am very curious where the story goes from here but it just seems like there are far too many bridges getting burned for Walt's plans to yield ANY results. And that sort of kills the whole purpose of his cooking Meth in the first place!

As far as finales go, this was highly exciting and it was very interesting yet I am also kind of disappointed.

everything yo usay is wrong. please fuck off and never come back.
SooperPooperScooper
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Ribbons on Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:36 pm

Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Fievel on Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:36 pm

El Camino is complete fan-service from start to finish.
.....and it's wonderful.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Wolfpack on Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:48 pm

I'll check it out, especially since I lived in Albuquerque when they filmed the series there.
"Alright Shaggy - you and Scooby head over that way. The girls and I will go this way."
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby Ribbons on Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:25 am

Are you in the background of any scenes?
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Wolfpack on Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:47 am

Ribbons wrote:Are you in the background of any scenes?

No, but they did film a scene right across the street from where I was living at the time. Remember when Jesse and Walt buy that arcade? That's a real place called the Hinkle Family Fun Center. I also worked at the hospital across the street from that shady hotel where Jesse had his meetings with the prostitute. It would stare my colleagues and I in the face, seeming to taunt us as we went about our daily task of helping patients cheat death. It was the Crossroads Hotel but I thought of it as a kind of Hotel California.
"Alright Shaggy - you and Scooby head over that way. The girls and I will go this way."
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Previous

Return to Coaxial