Breaking Bad

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Re: Breaking Bad

Postby John-Locke on Tue May 25, 2010 7:59 pm

Brit Pop wrote:There was a funny scene in 'Fly' that looked to me it was borrowed from Pulp Fiction... did anyone spot it?

Not me

EDIT: Oh you mean the looking for tool to get into the Lab bit, yeah totally a homage to Pulp Fiction
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Brit Pop on Tue May 25, 2010 8:04 pm

John-Locke wrote:
Brit Pop wrote:There was a funny scene in 'Fly' that looked to me it was borrowed from Pulp Fiction... did anyone spot it?

Not me

EDIT: Oh you mean the looking for tool to get into the Lab bit, yeah totally a homage to Pulp Fiction

Thats the one!! It had me laughing like hell, he did it perfect!
Brit Pop
AIRWOLF

Postby Brit Pop on Tue May 25, 2010 8:11 pm

The episode got a bit slow towards the end.. but there was some great comedy moments...

When Walt fell off the railings and took a real heavy hit into the vat, then the camera moved in and it was actually BC! I dunno if there was any trickery, but he's a master of the pratfall fom the Malcolm years.

And when Jesse was trying to sneak the powder into the vat, Walt is nowhere to be seen... then Jesse bent down to pick up the sack, and when he stood up Walt was right there!!
Brit Pop
AIRWOLF

Postby papalazeru on Mon May 31, 2010 6:44 am

Will this show every put a foot wrong?

Another wonderful episode with great moments from the outset.

Gustav had two wonderful moments this ep,

"Want to help me cook"

and

"Never make the same mistake twice"
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby tfactor on Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:03 pm

I feel like this show extends what would be normal durations for a scene trying to be all artzy fartzy and it does that a little too often. The Fly episode is a prime example. They completely diverted the entire story and that day's productivity but then act like Gustaf is watching them so very closely. "be careful" Walt even warns Jesse at one point. Well if that were the case wouldn't a red flag have gone up seeing the two of them hunting down a insect all day instead of cooking? Plus what is the deal with Jesse trying to recruit drug sales from his rehab center, while he is trying to stay clean no less. The idea sounded good at first but its proving to be closer to reality in what would actually really happen in this situation, in that it would likely be a deadend. The show imo went from this super edgy realistic interesting story about a dieing man trying to provide for his family in the worst possible (morally) yet quickest way imaginable. Now the show is just about these two lab rats who no longer actually "Deal" but rather just work for a hidden dealer that runs a fast food chain and wears a tie. Seriously think about if you picked up this show right now without having seen anything that happened previously, would any of what happened in the last 2-3 episodes tell you wtf is going on?

Plus by eliminating those Cartel twins the writers sucked the last bit of excitement right out of the show for me. I mean those twins were getting pretty annoying anyway but the brother in law taking the blunt end of their rath was just too predictable. Its not like the previous twists in seasons past, it felt more like an excuse to have the Twins duke it out with someone more equally matched. But now this whole being in the hospital and not wanting to return to his house BS is going on. The shows just bounces back and forth between what is actually reasonable to imagine Really happening To just being obviously vague to draw their story telling out. I have never known a single person who had to stay at a hospital that didn't want to go home. Hell I have even seen people (in real life) just up and leave hospitals before they should have for a variety of reasons. So that whole story angle just plain bothers me because its not as realistic, or at least requires the viewer to turn a deaf ear to what has happened in the past. Plus back here in the really real world - someone at the bureau would have picked up Anything that Hank was working because thats how law enforcement works. Instead the show insists that you believe that all a drug dealer has to do is off the investigating officer and Boom - no one ever gets caught. And I just can seem to bring myself to accept that as possible.

Anyway its something interesting to watch right now, so we keep tuning in but I feel like the show isn't trying that hard, at least not as hard as it had previously. I mean at this point - what is to stop Gus from just killing Hank, Jesse and Skyler to tie up all his loose ends once he knows the cooking method [which should have technically been figured out with the 1st batch Hank made with that other Lab guy]? Plus this isn't exactly an office job, so what even happened to that other guy?

Skyler getting involved is another dumb twist which I just can't get over. Now on top of that they are going to start paying Hank's medical bills with Walt's drug money? Yeah that is not how things work. Government employees (especially cops) would have medical benefits and most certainly would pay for damage done in the line of duty.

Without angles that have some level of excitement this is just a story about two guys making blue jello for all that matters. And WTF is up with the typing of messages being all screwed up and not being able to see the line I'm typing.

This place is falling apart without Doc... *sniffle* remember him?
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby Maui on Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:43 am

That Toyota Prius is killer.

Holy shit. What an episode. Season finale next week. :shock:
Maui
WoWie

Postby Brit Pop on Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:27 am

Walter H White is the baddest mother fucker on the planet!
Brit Pop
AIRWOLF

Postby stereosforgeeks on Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:28 am

Maui wrote:That Toyota Prius is killer.

Holy shit. What an episode. Season finale next week. :shock:

Not exactly what Mike the cleaner was talkin' bout eh?
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Brit Pop on Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:38 pm

Walt is destined to never have an unbroken windshield for more than a couple of days!!
Brit Pop
AIRWOLF

Postby Maui on Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:02 pm

Brit Pop wrote:Walt is destined to never have an unbroken windshield for more than a couple of days!!

True dat and what about thathooker/BJ montage? I figured something was up when AMC's warning came on before the show started.

I also had to laugh at the look on Hank's facewhen he was wheeled out of the hospital.

Human speed bumps. :shock:

There's gotta be a Laundering Money for Dummies book out there, right? I mean wiki, c'mon.
Maui
WoWie

Postby John-Locke on Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:09 pm

Not one comment yet about the amazing season Finale?

I don't know where to start but it sure was brilliant and extremely tense towards the end there, shame we have to wait a whole year for season 4 (instead of like 9 months).

Who thinks Jesse shot him and who thinks he aimed slightly to the right? I think it was just the camera moving myself and that Jesse has finally properly broken bad and become a murderer like Walt.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby papalazeru on Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:41 pm

John-Locke wrote:Not one comment yet about the amazing season Finale?

I don't know where to start but it sure was brilliant and extremely tense towards the end there, shame we have to wait a whole year for season 4 (instead of like 9 months).

Who thinks Jesse shot him and who thinks he aimed slightly to the right? I think it was just the camera moving myself and that Jesse has finally properly broken bad and become a murderer like Walt.

That's because I do not want to see this as a finalé...more the last episode in a season break before next year. If I look at it as a finalé, I may got stir crazy thinking about how long I've got to go till the next ep.

Fuck me, every show turns the last on it's head. I love the development of everything in this show, the characters, the story, the details. It's so beautiful.

papalazeru

Postby Maui on Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:43 pm

John-Locke wrote:
Who thinks Jesse shot him and who thinks he aimed slightly to the right?

I think the other guy (Gus's meth lab guard) got to the apartment around the same time as Jesse. How that factors in with the angle of the shot, well just alot of possibilities there. It could just be Gilligan tricking us though and Jesse really did shoot Gale.

I gotta say I was really surprised to see Saul not fink on Jesse's whereabouts.

I love the scenes with Mike. He is such a bad ass. I know I shouldn't like him but I do.

I also think the human speed bump episode could easily have been the season finale but this episode certainly didn't disappoint and was extremely powerful.
Last edited by Maui on Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Maui
WoWie

Postby stereosforgeeks on Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:44 pm

papalazeru wrote:
John-Locke wrote:Not one comment yet about the amazing season Finale?

That's because I do not want to see this as a finalé...more the last episode in a season break before next year. If I look at it as a finalé, I may got stir crazy thinking about how long I've got to go till the next ep.

Fuck me, every show turns the last on it's head. I love the development of everything in this show, the characters, the story, the details. It's so beautiful.

It was an amazing episode of television.

Jesse is definitely not going to be the same again. Im guessing he'll be going off the deep end again.

Excellent moves by Walt!

Gilligan has stated in various interviews that Jesse did shoot Gale and there wasnt meant to be anything ambiguous.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby tfactor on Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:36 am

OK look, I do enjoy Cranston and this show in general. However this last episode is fucking chaos with a capital F!
SPOILER WARNING!
So Gus sent Mike to actually kill Walt even though it wasn't clear if Gale could solo handle the cook? This would mean that Gus never planned to pay Walt, which also means Walt has been cooking crazy amounts or Meth for FREE this entire season and now he has Nothing to show for it!!! So I don't get why everyone is so happy with the way they ended this season?

Walt doesn't stand a chance in hell going up against Gus. Thats not me rooting for the bad guy, its just plain logic that the guy will millions of dollars could easily wipe out someone with much less means, like Walt. Walt's brains are only going to get him so far. Plus if Gus was watching so closely via cameras or whatever, wouldn't he have all the knowldge he needs after the first filmed cook? So why would he even need Gale so desperately?

Are the viewers supposed to think that Gus will just say "ok you killed my cook, I guess I need you to continue cooking" even though it is now clear Gus does Not have intentions of actually paying Walt his $3mil?

My problem with this finale was - things obviously can't go back to the way it was. This definitely shakes things up significantly but seriously, why is everyone so happy about this Finale?

Walt & Jesse get screwed out of their money, Gus gets all the meth (at zero cost), innocent Gale gets killed and Walt still has Mike's gun to his head. And now we wait a year?!?!? Yes I am very curious where the story goes from here but it just seems like there are far too many bridges getting burned for Walt's plans to yield ANY results. And that sort of kills the whole purpose of his cooking Meth in the first place!

As far as finales go, this was highly exciting and it was very interesting yet I am also kind of disappointed.
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby Maui on Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:50 pm

tfactor wrote: Plus if Gus was watching so closely via cameras or whatever, wouldn't he have all the knowldge he needs after the first filmed cook? So why would he even need Gale so desperately?

I know it's a trillion dollar lab and all but I'm just not picturing a surveillance system that can capture the preciseness of the cook (exact temps, measurements, etc.).

tfactor wrote:Are the viewers supposed to think that Gus will just say "ok you killed my cook, I guess I need you to continue cooking" even though it is now clear Gus does Not have intentions of actually paying Walt his $3mil?

I have no idea how this is going to unfold. It's a power struggle between Gus and Walt. Walt has the leverage now. Gus didn't let Walt off the hook with the two dead dealers and he's not going let Walt off the hook with Gale dead either. It's only a matter of time before it gets ugly.

Do we know for certain that Walt isn't getting compensated from Gus? We know it's 3mil but was it a lump sum or bi weekly cheque? Direct deposit? ;)
Maui
WoWie

Postby Pacino86845 on Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:26 pm

The ending was pretty great, but a whole year's wait? I wish I could unsee the last episode.
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby RaulMonkey on Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:53 pm

Jesus H, just reading through this thread gives me goosebumps. "Treme" may give it a run for its money, but for now this is...

"My favourite show on TV."
- RaulMonkey, Aint-It-Cool-News's "The Zone"
RaulMonkey
ZONE AMBASSADOR

Postby Fievel on Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:15 am

Just watched all three seasons over the past few weeks.
Love it.
Can't wait to discuss the next season as it airs.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Wolfman Nards on Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:15 pm

Bump.

I just watched all 3 seasons of this show over the last week. Holy fuck, this is hands down the best TV right now. I guess I have to see how it all ends before declaring this, but this might beat out The Wire for me as all time greatest. The emotional roller coaster the show puts you on is like no other I've ever watched.

So what's the verdict? Is the official word that season 4 won't start until July? Brutal.

For everyone that's been watching this show since the beginning; how is watching this show with the week long breaks in between? The advantage to watching all of these in a row is great, but also can be emotionally draining. When I started LOST, I'd watch 50 episodes straight if I could. With Breaking Bad I need to take breaks even though I love every second of it.

Anywways, can't wait for this show to come back. I'll be spreading the word as best I can.
Wolfman Nards
GLIB

Postby Nice Marmot on Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:15 pm

I hear you, Nards. LOVE this show w/ a passion. It is definitely my favorite drama of all time, but I still haven't checked out The Wire, which will be in the next year or two. My wife thinks I'm crazy and that everyone should put The Sopranos and LOST at the top of their lists, but I say they don't come close to doing for me what Breaking Bad does. Man oh man, in season 3 alone, there were 2 to 3 episode endings that were season finale worthy . . .

And yes, it is tough to watch w/ breaks. We got to view all of Sopranos on DVD and are currently doing the same w/ Dexter. I envy you for being able to get 3 seasons of BB in all at once. Of course this year, you get to start waiting like the rest of us . . .
Nice Marmot
REAL DRAGON

Postby Ribbons on Tue May 31, 2011 4:28 pm

Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby TonyWilson on Tue May 31, 2011 4:39 pm

Fucking goddamn IP location reader bullshit. Anyone have a link I can watch from teh UK? I need this.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby papalazeru on Tue May 31, 2011 5:33 pm

papalazeru

Postby Nice Marmot on Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:16 pm

I'm using spoiler bars w/ a passion here.

In the new season premier, a main character dies 10 minutes in.

http://www.movieweb.com/news/exclusive- ... h-premiere

I'm bettingon Gustavo or Saul.
Nice Marmot
REAL DRAGON

Postby TonyWilson on Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:41 pm

Holy fuck no Marmot, don't do that. I must resist those spoiler, must resist! But it's like over a month away still and I've been waiting over a year. Fuuuuck.
WILL NOT LOOK
WILL NOT LOOK
WILL NOT LOOK
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson

Postby Fievel on Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:01 pm

Man... I don 't even remember how the season ended. And I just read it on Wikipedia.
:shock: Holy shit I forgot how tense those last episodes were!!!

I had to read the spoiler. I wonder how he defines a main character.
If there's money to be gambled, my guess would be Hank. Killing Jesse would remove a serious dynamic in the show.

July 17 is going to be a long wait.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Nice Marmot on Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:31 pm

Fievel wrote:Man... I don 't even remember how the season ended. And I just read it on Wikipedia.

If there's money to be gambled, my guess would be Hank. Killing Jesse would remove a serious dynamic in the show.

If your initial guess came true, I'd be PISSED. His wife, maybe?

No friggin' way it's Jesse. No friggin' way.

Can you imagine them offing Walt Jr.??? They have the balls to do it I tell you that much . . .
Nice Marmot
REAL DRAGON

Postby so sorry on Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:00 pm

Nice Marmot wrote:
Fievel wrote:Man... I don 't even remember how the season ended. And I just read it on Wikipedia.

If your initial guess came true, I'd be PISSED. His wife, maybe?

No friggin' way it's Jesse. No friggin' way.

Can you imagine them offing Walt Jr.??? They have the balls to do it I tell you that much . . .

Personally I've never seen a single second of this show, but with all this spoiler talk, I wanted to join in on the fun.

Can't wait until TonyWilson watches so he can finally come back here and read our spoilery talk!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby papalazeru on Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:43 pm

But what about the fact that you guys are just pure evil, but I wanna play too

papalazeru

Postby TonyWilson on Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:25 am

Fuck you all aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrgh!
TonyWilson

Postby RaulMonkey on Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:57 am

Tonight's the night! Feels a bit like Christmas. I'm on my business trip at the mo', so I hope I can figure out which one of them here channels is the right'un.
RaulMonkey
ZONE AMBASSADOR

Postby Nice Marmot on Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:39 am

Decent opener but the climax was predictable.

Poor poor Hank.

Are we going to get a flashback to Walt and Jesse picking out those clothes?
Nice Marmot
REAL DRAGON

Postby Brit Pop on Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:35 am

Nice Marmot wrote:Decent opener but the climax was predictable.

Poor poor Hank.

Are we going to get a flashback to Walt and Jesse picking out those clothes?

The scene will hopefully include a cameo by Harvey Kietel!!

Great first episode I thought... I swear im becoming de-sensitised to graphic violence.... Breaking Bad never fails to deliver!
Brit Pop
AIRWOLF

Postby Nice Marmot on Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:49 pm

Things're picking up! I'm liking it!

I hate the Jesse's party pad story though. I know he's a troubled character, but to have him handling everything like this seems way over the top.
Nice Marmot
REAL DRAGON

Postby Fievel on Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:54 pm

Nice Marmot wrote:I hate the Jesse's party pad story though. I know he's a troubled character, but to have him handling everything like this seems way over the top.

Agreed.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Nice Marmot on Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:37 pm

Almost forgot, if can't, for the life of me, find a link to order one of those Kenny Rogers t-shirts Walt & Jesse were wearing. Other than overpriced, old ones on e-bay.

Anybody want to shop for me?
Nice Marmot
REAL DRAGON

Postby Nice Marmot on Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:39 am

Where's everyone hiding?

This season has gotten it's butt in GEAR! Thought it was borderline weak there for a while. Now it's COOKIN' . . . See what I did there?

This last Gus-centric ep was amazing. We're back in that gut-wrenching tension mode!
Nice Marmot
REAL DRAGON

Postby Fievel on Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:51 pm

Nice Marmot wrote:Where's everyone hiding?

This season has gotten it's butt in GEAR! Thought it was borderline weak there for a while. Now it's COOKIN' . . . See what I did there?

This last Gus-centric ep was amazing. We're back in that gut-wrenching tension mode!

Yes! It was cool getting some back story on Gus.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby John-Locke on Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:53 pm

Gus is starting to crack
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Nice Marmot on Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:01 am

I think Walt is almost there too . . .
Nice Marmot
REAL DRAGON

Postby Fievel on Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:40 am

Nice Marmot wrote:I think Walt is almost there too . . .

As is Jesse, Skylar, Hank, and even Mike.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby papalazeru on Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:32 pm

Fievel wrote:
Nice Marmot wrote:I think Walt is almost there too . . .

As is Jesse, Skylar, Hank, and even Mike.

I personally think that Mike will be the only one to survive. He's not cracking as much as the rest although I have a feeling that he'll be the one taking the poison.

papalazeru

Postby papalazeru on Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:55 pm

Anyone still watching?

This show is really just letting everyone have it with all barrells. The performances this week were stunning and the action was just wonderful.

Bring on next weeks1!!!

papalazeru

Postby Nice Marmot on Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:03 am

Truly bad-ass episode. A series highlight for sure...

My wife totally called thepoolside poisoning. Not sure if I would have, she blurted it out too early in the scene.

Awesome all around . . .
Nice Marmot
REAL DRAGON

Postby Fievel on Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:22 am

Fuck me.
Amazing episode.
I concur with the two posts above this.

Wholeheartedly.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Nice Marmot on Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:35 am

So I'm hearing a lot of fans of the show (friends and people online as well) thinking Mike was about to shoot Jesse just as they were getting into the limo. A split second before Mike got shot.

I say no way . . .
Nice Marmot
REAL DRAGON

Postby Fievel on Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:49 am

Nice Marmot wrote:So I'm hearing a lot of fans of the show (friends and people online as well) thinking Mike was about to shoot Jesse just as they were getting into the limo. A split second before Mike got shot.

I say no way . . .

Yeah I completely disagree with that. Jesse, in making that batch by himself, showed Gus that Walt is no longer a necessary component. Add that to Jesse's various displays of loyalty to Gus & Mike... no way they'd kill him.

Odd note - I really like how this show doesn't allow Jesse to turn into a complete bad-ass killer. Every time he has killed someone, he has struggled. It would be so easy to make him a Mike Jr., but thankfully that's not the route they're taking.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Fievel on Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:04 pm

:shock:

Fuck yeah.
When the shit hits the fan, it goes EVERYWHERE!!!
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby John-Locke on Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:34 pm

Jeebus, that is one hell of a clusterfuck, I have no clue as to how this series could possibly continue past the next episode.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

PreviousNext

Return to Coaxial