Breaking Bad (Now w/ El Camino)

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Re: Breaking Bad

Postby Nice Marmot on Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:42 am

Man, that ending just had me by the throat. Clear a space for your next Emmy, Cranston.

This show, man. This show . . . .
Nice Marmot
REAL DRAGON

Postby papalazeru on Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:51 am

This weeks episode was unbearable. So tense all the way to the end that I even winced. I think I'm having heart palpitations.

Aaron Pauls performance was exemplary. I think if they both get nominated for Emmy's, it's going to be a tough call. I think the role of Jessie Pinkman certainly has it for the range of emotions he goes through.

It's still not established if Brock was poisoned or not. I know Jessie said he is but we never hear the family or the doctors confirm this
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby papalazeru on Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:02 am

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!!!

Seriously. Holy, Fucking, Shit!!!!!!

I felt physically shocked in this ep. Seriously shocked!!!

Anyone else see this weeks?

It's left me broken.

papalazeru

Postby Fievel on Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:17 am

Loved Gus straightening his tie. Possibly my favorite moment of the entire series.
This felt like a definitive ending to the show. I hope they have a good enough story next year to warrant not just ending it all there.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby papalazeru on Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:45 am

Fievel wrote:Loved Gus straightening his tie. Possibly my favorite moment of the entire series.
This felt like a definitive ending to the show. I hope they have a good enough story next year to warrant not just ending it all there.

The Last shot is enough to make me come back. That slow zoom in sent shivers down my spine.

papalazeru

Postby Fievel on Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:33 am

papalazeru wrote:
Fievel wrote:Loved Gus straightening his tie. Possibly my favorite moment of the entire series.

The Last shot is enough to make me come back. That slow zoom in sent shivers down my spine.

The slow pan of Gus and the zoom of the plant were two great shots in that episode*. The thing for me, though, is that the final shot wasn't really a surprise. I mean, it's not something I had thought about during the episode, but still it just wasn't that big of a shock for me. Having said that, I'll watch the next (and final) season, but just can't fathom where it can possibly take us viewers. The only thing I can think is that Gus had things planned out if what happened did happen. Mike never returned after the Mexico trip... maybe he'll be the antagonist?

*One thing I love about this show is the abundance of fantastic shots. Every episode there's always at least one moment where I think "nicely done, guys," if not multiple times.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Nice Marmot on Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:43 pm

Anyone else catch the plant earlier in the show?
Nice Marmot
REAL DRAGON

Postby TonyWilson on Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:56 am

I know I'm late to the party here but...

HOLY MARY MOTHER OF GOD

Astonishing season, simply brilliant. I love how the show has slowed it right down since season 2. As though each beat and crisis is stretched and stretched to give us as much time in the character's heads as possible and then it snaps back with shocking momentum.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby papalazeru on Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:34 am

TonyWilson wrote:I know I'm late to the party here but...

HOLY MARY MOTHER OF GOD

Astonishing season, simply brilliant. I love how the show has slowed it right down since season 2. As though each beat and crisis is stretched and stretched to give us as much time in the character's heads as possible and then it snaps back with shocking momentum.

Hehe! I've seen the same reaction from so many people and I remember how great it was when I caught the ending. Possibly the most traumatic TV I've seen in a while.

papalazeru

Postby Nice Marmot on Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:23 pm

You just can't say enough about it. So good it's ALL in my head w/ no need to rewatch.

Is it still possible they could go BEYOND the next season, which is to be the last?
Nice Marmot
REAL DRAGON

Postby The Vicar on Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:37 pm

Nice Marmot wrote:You just can't say enough about it. So good it's ALL in my head w/ no need to rewatch.

Is it still possible they could go BEYOND the next season, which is to be the last?

They can go for broke - its very liberating as a writer to know there are no bounds on what you're creating....they can go nuts, script-wise.
It's going to be Can't Miss Viewing. Cool.
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone

Postby DerLanghaarige on Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:15 pm

Shit, I just finished season 4. I doubt that I can fall asleep now. I'm seriously shaking right now! Don't know what's going to happen next season, but my two theories are:

- Epic showdown between Walt & Jesse. (You think Walt will outsmart Jesse? Well, don't forget that Jesse got along pretty well with Mike, so he has very capable help!)
- Epic showdown between Walt and Hank. (Hey, just because Hank's suspicion about Gus was proven right, it doesn't mean that the case is closed now!)

And then Walt has of course to make all the money back, that he gave away during the season. And I'm sure the death of Skylar's ex-boss will come up again too.

I can't wait for season 5. When is it going to happen? I hope 2012.
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby Nice Marmot on Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:43 pm

I keep envisioning Walt AND Hank vs. Jesse and Mike...
Nice Marmot
REAL DRAGON

Postby The Vicar on Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:13 pm

Nice Marmot wrote:I keep envisioning Walt AND Hank vs. Jesse and Mike...

Tag team!! Great idea.
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone

Postby papalazeru on Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:21 pm

The Vicar wrote:
Nice Marmot wrote:I keep envisioning Walt AND Hank vs. Jesse and Mike...

Tag team!! Great idea.

That would be very strange but not implausible. Hank is a very intelligent agent though so I think he'd be able to see through that Jesse wasn't the ring leader, he'd suss Walt out quite quickly but I do like the idea that Walt would try and manipulate Hank into making Jesse the Villain.

It's interesting how the loyalties lie, as Walt's morality deteriorates, Jesse's grows stronger. As Walt seems to care less about family, Jesse seems to form his own.

papalazeru

Postby TonyWilson on Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:54 pm

http://www.mynorth.com/My-North/Februar ... aking-Bad/

Vince Gilligan wrote:I think the least satisfying series endings have been ones where the creators didn’t fully commit and tried to leave things vague or open-ended.

My man Vinnie! This is very very good news. Might email this to Cuselof.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson

Postby Heyoucantlaughatthat on Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:17 am

Anyone in the zone still watching BB? Last episode was pretty tense. For some reason I thought something super violent was gonna happen, but no dice. The scenes between Hank and Skyler last week were painful let sublime all at once, because they were articulating so many things that we as viewers already suspected. I swear it got colder in my living room the moment after Skyler said ...for the cancer to come back. I really don't think Skyler will ever straight up turn Walt in to Hank, but I feel like her change in demeanor will be enough to tip Hank off that something's wrong and eventually he will put two and two together. I really think that we'll catch up to that Denny's scene with the machine gun before this year's run is over. Or who know maybe that's the finale. Either way, it's been a helluva piece of TV.

Thoughts?
Heyoucantlaughatthat
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Ribbons on Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:16 pm

Beautiful fan compilation of the first 4 and a half seasons of Breaking Bad:

Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Heyoucantlaughatthat on Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:39 pm

Ribbons wrote:Beautiful fan compilation of the first 4 and a half seasons of Breaking Bad:

Beautifully done. I've watched on a weekly basis since the show came out, but I'm considering doing a condensed marathon on Netflix so that the full impact of the change in Walt's life will be more apparent.
Heyoucantlaughatthat
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Fievel on Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:52 pm

And after tonight's episode (the last minute specifically), that's about all I've got. :shock:

And oh, that beginning!!!!! That fucking beginning!!!!
Now I'm so glad that they broke this final season up!!!!!
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:34 pm

Fievel wrote:

And after tonight's episode (the last minute specifically), that's about all I've got. :shock:

And oh, that beginning!!!!! That fucking beginning!!!!
Now I'm so glad that they broke this final season up!!!!!

SPOILERS BELOW! Don't read if you haven't seen the first episode of the second half of the season.

Yup, I'm with you. I was really expecting them to string out even the initial confrontation between Walt and Hank to episode 2, 3 or 4 of the half season. I'm so glad they didn't. I was on the edge of my seat when Walt's car pulled up to Hank's house. As soon as Walt turned around to ask Hank about the tracking device I fell off my seat.

“If that’s true and you really don’t know who I am, perhaps your best course of action is to tread lightly.”

holy. shit. Easily the most menacing and impactful line from Walt (in a show full of them) since "I AM THE ONE WHO KNOCKS"

The other holy shit moment for me (as you noted, Fievel) was the flash forward. And the specific moment where the room I was in erupted into "HOLY SHIT!" 's around was when we saw "HEISENBERG" scrawled on the wall.....

god i have no clue how this is gonna play out. but I like what i'm seeing so far. Now...Jesse needs to get up off the mat.
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby Ribbons on Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:00 pm

This show is back on? WHY DID NOBODY ON FACEBOOK SAY ANYTHING!?
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Fievel on Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:49 pm

Ribbons wrote:This show is back on? WHY DID NOBODY ON FACEBOOK SAY ANYTHING!?

Honesty, I wouldn't have known if someone hadn't sent me a text!
A rather low-key return, I'd say.... unless I'm somehow missing all the hype (I'm not on AMC... pretty much ever, so that may contribute).
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:49 pm

But I'm pretty sure I saw at least a couple of...oh i see what you did there. :D

Fievel wrote:

Honesty, I wouldn't have known if someone hadn't sent me a text!
A rather low-key return, I'd say.... unless I'm somehow missing all the hype (I'm not on AMC... pretty much ever, so that may contribute).

I live on AMC and it was pretty heavily hyped there. But yeah there wasn't actually as much crazy hype as I might have expected. Not as much, for e.g., as The Sopranos or Lost.
Lord Voldemoo

Postby TonyWilson on Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:47 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote:
SPOILERS BELOW! Don't read if you haven't seen the first episode of the second half of the season.

Yup, I'm with you. I was really expecting them to string out even the initial confrontation between Walt and Hank to episode 2, 3 or 4 of the half season. I'm so glad they didn't. I was on the edge of my seat when Walt's car pulled up to Hank's house. As soon as Walt turned around to ask Hank about the tracking device I fell off my seat.

“If that’s true and you really don’t know who I am, perhaps your best course of action is to tread lightly.”

holy. shit. Easily the most menacing and impactful line from Walt (in a show full of them) since "I AM THE ONE WHO KNOCKS"

The other holy shit moment for me (as you noted, Fievel) was the flash forward. And the specific moment where the room I was in erupted into "HOLY SHIT!" 's around was when we saw "HEISENBERG" scrawled on the wall.....

god i have no clue how this is gonna play out. but I like what i'm seeing so far. Now...Jesse needs to get up off the mat.

Hell yes.

Agree with everything you say here, Moo. Jesse is understandably a mess here and I like how dead eyed he's looking for all the shit he's seen. I think the writers are keeping him low key for now as there's going to be an explosion very soon. I'm wondering who's side he will turn to when it happens. Walt's? Hank's/DEA' Or just his own.
So glad this show is back.
TonyWilson

Postby Fievel on Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:50 pm

TonyWilson wrote: I'm wondering who's side he will turn to when it happens. Walt's? Hank's/DEA' Or just his own.

I'm guessing some sort of sweet redemption followed by death.
It is, after all, Breaking Bad.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TonyWilson on Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:57 pm

Fievel wrote:
TonyWilson wrote: I'm wondering who's side he will turn to when it happens. Walt's? Hank's/DEA' Or just his own.

I'm guessing some sort of sweet redemption followed by death.
It is, after all, Breaking Bad.

I so want Jesse to live but you're probably right.
TonyWilson

Postby Fievel on Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:04 pm

Had to rewatch last year's season premiere episode's beginning..... it linked to this year's...... I had completely forgotten all about it.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:23 pm

Fievel wrote:Had to rewatch last year's season premiere episode's beginning..... it linked to this year's...... I had completely forgotten all about it.

I know, I was thinking that I need to do the same thing when I get home tonight.
Lord Voldemoo

Postby Ribbons on Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:45 pm

Here's one of Breaking Bad's trademark visual callbacks that I hadn't noticed before (Season 4 spoilers):

Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby DerLanghaarige on Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:18 am

The one problem that I had with the new episode, was that the return of the cancer was so casually introduced, that I was distracted for a minuted had to think if this was new or already happened in the previous half season.

Apart from that: great episode. Especially the beginning and the end.
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby TonyWilson on Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:31 am

Ribbons wrote:Here's one of Breaking Bad's trademark visual callbacks that I hadn't noticed before (Season 4 spoilers):

Aaawesome!

Have people read the theory going round that Walt kills Skyler? Basically Walt takes the traits of people he kills - Crusts of sandwiches was Krazy-8, his demeanour to customers is like Gus as is kneeling on the towel to vomit, there's another one but I can't remember it. So when in 5A ep1 he make the bacon "52" it's because he's taken on the trait.
I'm not sure I buy it, I don't think Walt is going to be the person to physically harm his family, though I do think harm is coming their way. I would like to hear other thoughts on it though.
TonyWilson

Postby TonyWilson on Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:32 am

DerLanghaarige wrote:The one problem that I had with the new episode, was that the return of the cancer was so casually introduced, that I was distracted for a minuted had to think if this was new or already happened in the previous half season.

Apart from that: great episode. Especially the beginning and the end.

There's an ep in, I think season 4 where he goes for a check up and has a conversation with a younger guy there. He tell the man to take full control of life and everything else, we never actually get to see the meeting with the doctor though, and when's asked about it later there's a pause before he says everything is ok.
TonyWilson

Postby Fievel on Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:38 pm

Wow to the visual - teddy bear-to-Gus!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

All I could think of when Walt was behind the counter at the car wash was how much he was acting like Gus.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Ribbons on Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:23 pm

I'm glad I'm not the only one who got a "Gus" vibe from Walter behind the counter. I thought maybe I was reading too much into things, because his behavior toward Lidia immediately gave me flashbacks to Los Pollos Hermanos.

DerLanghaarige wrote:The one problem that I had with the new episode, was that the return of the cancer was so casually introduced, that I was distracted for a minuted had to think if this was new or already happened in the previous half season.

I did think it was strange that the news happened off-screen, but if you go back and watch the first half of Season 5, there are a few oblique references. The very first scene, even -- the prologue at the Denny's -- involves Walter coughing in the bathroom. Obviously not a very dramatic moment in the average person's life, but it was shown for a reason.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby DerLanghaarige on Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:36 pm

Yeah, I thought that re-watching the last few episodes would have been helpful. (But to be honest, I try not to re-watch any episodes until the show is over. That way it stays special for me.)
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby Fievel on Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:51 pm

Ribbons wrote:...... but it was shown for a reason.

Probably one of the most well thought out shows to hit the airwaves.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby DerLanghaarige on Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:56 pm

WHY IS NOBODY TALKING ABOUT THIS EPISODE?! I'VE NEVER SEEN AN EPISODE OF ANY SHOW, WHERE EVERY SCENE WAS AS GREAT OR EVEN BETTER THAN THE ONE BEFORE! UNTIL NOW! BREAKING BAD IS RUINING TELEVISION! NOTHING WILL EVER BE AS GOOD AS THIS!!
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby so sorry on Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:09 pm

DerLanghaarige wrote:WHY IS NOBODY TALKING ABOUT THIS EPISODE?! I'VE NEVER SEEN AN EPISODE OF ANY SHOW, WHERE EVERY SCENE WAS AS GREAT OR EVEN BETTER THAN THE ONE BEFORE! UNTIL NOW! BREAKING BAD IS RUINING TELEVISION! NOTHING WILL EVER BE AS GOOD AS THIS!!

i was going to say something, but my caps lock button is broken...
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:20 pm

it was a calm before the storm episode, I think. Setting things up. Some important things happened, but mostly things that are intended, I think, to really pay off in future eps.

Though I will say: when Skylar was screaming at her sister "GIVE ME MY BABY!!" did anyone else get a weird "WHERE ARE MY DRAGONS!!!!!??!?!?" flashback from GoT?

just me?

ok.
Lord Voldemoo

Postby Fievel on Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:29 am

The shootout surprised me. I forgot how much I hated that fuck that killed the little kid. I hope "he gets his" in the end.

Hank's movements with Skylar are extremely stupid but not surprising. Stupid that she wouldn't see the flaw in them. Not surprising because he's essentially high on power (of position) and desperation.

Does Jesse rat out Walt? (and if so, in exchange for witness protection, or simply because he doesn't care and is looking for redemption? Or something else?)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby DerLanghaarige on Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:25 pm

Wow. The whole episode felt so undercooked (except Walt's "confession" and his meeting in the desert), that expected it to be some kind of last catch of breath before the shit really hits the fan. And judging by the last scene, I was right!
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby Ribbons on Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:51 pm

Huell used those "magic fingers" of his one time too many...

Lots of interesting developments in this episode. It seems Skyler has fully embraced her complicity in Walter's life of crime. As for Jesse, I kept expecting him to get whacked. What I did not expect was for him to torch the Whites' house. Todd and his uncle being a dumbass are still pretty much par for the course, but how that affects the finale remains to be seen. 5 more episodes left!
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby DerLanghaarige on Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:08 am

Walt gives Hank the wrong CD

DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby Fievel on Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:55 pm

DerLanghaarige wrote:Walt gives Hank the wrong CD

OMG!!!! That was one of my favorite Malcom moments!! AWESOME!!!! Very well done!!!

Here's Aaron Paul on The Price is Right:

Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Fievel on Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:32 am

Holy shit.
:shock:

(and that's all I have for tonight)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby travis-dane on Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:04 pm

Fievel wrote:Holy shit.
:shock:

(and that's all I have for tonight)

"Jesus Christ! Drive away already!!!" was my thinking...

Next week will be a tough watch.
-
Lesbian Nazi Hookers Abducted by UFOs and Forced Into Weight Loss Programs!
travis-dane
100% OLEG!

Postby Fievel on Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:27 pm

-So as calm, cool, and calculated as Walt normally is, I totally bought him losing his mind over the picture of the barrel.
-Walt Jr's celeb-crush-smile-that-wouldn't-stop as he realized who Saul Goodman was is probably the hardest I've laughed watching this show.
-Walt needs to get over his love of Hank if he's going to survive (assuming that Hank makes it out alive.... which I would doubt at this point, but either he and/or Gomez is going to die next week).
-It's hard to remember, but the fact is - Hank is the good guy in this story. He and Gomez are just doing their jobs.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby DerLanghaarige on Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:57 pm

Oh shit, I just saw it and my hands are shaking and I think I won't sleep tonight.

The thing is, something tells me that Hank will make it out alive because

a.) Usually these big character deaths are preserved for the ending of an episode. When shit like that happens in the beginning of an episode, it usually loses all dramatic impact, because we still have 40 minutes of other shit happening afterwards.

b.) We know that Heisenberg gets exposed to the world, so somebody must survive and tell the story and as much as I like Gomez, he is a pretty expendable character.

although c.) Maybe in the flash forwards we already saw, Walt was about to take revenge on Jack for the death of his Brother-in-law.
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby Bean on Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:33 pm

I think Hank and Gomie will be killed, Jessie gets taken to cook
Bean
AIRWOLF

PreviousNext

Return to Coaxial