FRINGE

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Re: J.J. Abrams' FRINGE

Postby VegasRon on Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:51 pm

I'm still semi-shocked that you'd call Lost's pilot episode "standard". Especially considering your overall feelings for the series. But to each his own, I guess.

I still think last night's ep of Fringe was actually pretty boring, the only highlights being continued use of theoretically possible sci-fi, which looks like will be this series' hallmark, which I'm all for. I also continue to dig on the group's interaction, all fine actors or just plain hot. Speaking of, nice to see Astrid get some more screen time, even if she looks like she's 14(insert pedobear here).
You can't take the sky from me...
VegasRon
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby Ribbons on Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:57 pm

VegasRon wrote:(insert pedobear here).

YOU RANG!?

Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby VegasRon on Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:09 pm

Ribbons wrote:
VegasRon wrote:(insert pedobear here).

YOU RANG!?

Haha, that's beautiful, ribs. Pedobear is never not funny.
You can't take the sky from me...
VegasRon
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby Squashua on Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:01 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:
Squashua wrote:Man, last night's episode was lousy.

They need to make fun of this show on, say, MadTV or SNL and "transition" somewhere so the name of the place appears in the air, and someone walking by just fucking whacks their head on it.

LOL YOU SHOUDL WRIT 4 ONE THOSE SCARY MOVIE MOVIES LOL THE JJ ABRAMS MOVIE LOL

Never said the reference shows were quality in themselves; it's a cheap joke at best, but one I can't see a spoof clip of this show NOT doing.
Squashua
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:49 am

VegasRon wrote:Needs more Frank Black.

speaking of which, the best thing this show has going for it (aside from Noble's unique spin on eccentric genius) is former MILLENNIUM and X-FILES guru Darin Morgan, who's listed as consulting producer (or some such title; honestly, the proliferation of the various subsets of the producer/consultant variety during the opening credit scroll baffles me).
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tacosauceletters on Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:29 am

FRINGE. I really like this show. Massive Dynamics creep me out. And did anyone notice that MR. ABBADON is in this? Abbadon translated = angel of destruction. I sense a LOST tie in. PS...Joshua Jackson, get out. You suck.
tacosauceletters
GLIB

Postby RogueScribner on Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:09 am

Actually, I think Joshua Jackson is one of the better things about the show. The lead actress has zero charisma. And she's not even that good to look at. So I'm constantly bored with her, but Jackson's wry delivery keeps things from getting too dull.
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby BuckyO'harre on Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:29 am

RogueScribner wrote:Actually, I think Joshua Jackson is one of the better things about the show. The lead actress has zero charisma. And she's not even that good to look at. So I'm constantly bored with her, but Jackson's wry delivery keeps things from getting too dull.

Seconded, but with the addition that everyone pales in comparison to John Noble.
Thank you, Zoners, for the kindness, tolerance, and enlightenment you've shared with me. It may not have been deserved, but it was greatly appreciated nonetheless. Soupy twist.
BuckyO'harre
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby RogueScribner on Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:19 am

I like John Noble, but I think his character is written a little goofier than necessary sometimes. He's not an idiot savant.
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby BuckyO'harre on Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:55 am

Seventeen years locked up in an asylum, on god knows what medication.Having your faculties chipped away.
I think I would also find an ass warming seat to be marvelous.Small comforts and freedoms would likely seem profound.

I think they write him a little goofy also to make him likeable.
If he was just a dead serious mad scientist, then most people would hate him.Which would be one thing if he was the central villian, but another since he's on the supposed "good guys" side.

Of course it could very well just be my taste.
Random bits of absurd dialogue make me giddy.
Thank you, Zoners, for the kindness, tolerance, and enlightenment you've shared with me. It may not have been deserved, but it was greatly appreciated nonetheless. Soupy twist.
BuckyO'harre
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MacCready on Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:41 pm

RogueScribner wrote:Actually, I think Joshua Jackson is one of the better things about the show. The lead actress has zero charisma. And she's not even that good to look at. So I'm constantly bored with her, but Jackson's wry delivery keeps things from getting too dull.

Glad that bothered someone else. I get nothing from her or her performance. Zip.
MacCready
MAN IN SUIT

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:34 am

when did scully grow her hair long and bleach it? and when did mulder get so old and start talking in such a formal sounding accent? man, the x-files has gotten WEIRD.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby John-Locke on Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:53 pm

WTF was up with that Bald dude with no eyebrows?

Anyone care to share some crackpot theories yet?

If they get rid of that bland blond chick or at least give her a feminine haircut and acting classes I think this show might be worth the investment.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:00 am

last night's show was the best so far i thought. pretty obviously setting up this show's "mythology arc" and the bald dude will be their version of the Cigarette-Smoking Man. he's not an alien, that would be too obvious. from the future? probably too obvious as well. maybe he'll be some interdimensional being, like the traveler on ST:TNG, he reminded me of that dude kinda.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby papalazeru on Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:37 pm

This series is pretty appauling.

Someone of the dialogue borders of the most ridiculous I've ever heard.

It's taken Pacy a while to get off his fishing boat and back into some acting and he seems a bit lost in the show, he's the only one who seems to act convincingly.
The cheap 'Alyssa Jones' wannabe isn't anywhere near as convincing as an FBI agent as she should be.
The comedy relief comes from the Dr Bishop who is sometimes very entertaining as he flies off on tangents.

The show has that typical over reaching story arch which in no doubt will have more twists and turns then a Cadbury's curly whirly and JJ will add his little signature to it (like the last Ep, the handicam footage of the crane breaking down)...expect the most unexpected with a crappy story and some good special effects to come.

The show even contains the now JJ signature tune of the strings that appeared in Lost. Whenever there's a tense moment and they have to cut to an ad break, you hear the Violins as they glissando up an octave. It's all very JJ and if you like his stuff a lot, I'm sure you can appreciate this show. I however, find Lost very tedious.

That being said, most of the drivel I watch has some terrible story lines and yet still manages to be very entertaining (Chuck, Eureka) so I probably will continue to watch but I'm not getting the sparkle from the characters to make the show sizzle above everything else.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby TonyWilson on Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:01 pm

John-Locke wrote:WTF was up with that Bald dude with no eyebrows?

If they get rid of that bland blond chick or at least give her a feminine haircut and acting classes I think this show might be worth the investment.

A robot.
From the future.
An alien robot from the future.

I had been beginning to think that whoever was behind the pattern was using the FBI/Government as the way of observing and cataloguing the effects but I guess it's actually this dude. I think Abrams has said the everything is going to be turned on it's head at some point and The Observer seems like the start of this game changing arc.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:40 pm

I really liked this week's episode, even though the mysterious Operation Thor earth torpedo just appearing was redonk. Then you have the Watcher, er... Observer. I am thinking this takes place in the Marvel Universe and Massive Dynamics is Stark or Oscorp.

And the Observer = Dr. Manhattan?
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:03 pm

The Observer looked like the description of the real-life men in black encounters.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tapehead on Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:40 pm

tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby bastard_robo on Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:56 pm

Good ep..

I guess thats all I have to say..
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby Gheorghe Zamfir on Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:56 pm

I can't say I'm a fan of Abrams TV resume thus far, I find myself pulled into his shows at the beginning, then frustrated and ultimately bored with the repetition (of tease, of character beats, of story, etc).

I'm not put off of Fringe quite yet, but I am starting to sense the frustration on certain elements building, like the ingratiating over-scoring (I was hoping this kind of use of blatant musical cues had died with David E. Kelly's career), and how many more episodes are we going to have to go through Joshua Jackson getting offended at one of his father's past experiments and condemning him? Right now I'm still on board though, so we'll see.
Gheorghe Zamfir
REAL DRAGON

Postby Fried Gold on Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:48 pm

It's not bad. It's already become a a clusterfark of unanswered questions, when it probably would've been best staying with more standalone stories as the "Official JJ Abrams Mystery Box" isn't that intriguing this time.

The main annoyance it gives me is the way it tries to come over as highly scientific, but is really quite stupid a lot of the time.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tfactor on Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:08 pm

John-Locke wrote:WTF was up with that Bald dude with no eyebrows?

He is a cannibalistic humanoid underground dweller! :?

OK so everything leading up to tonight episode have all been about the technology that dr bishop was working on 17 years ago but the company is the only suspect for continueing the work & everything resulting there of - since he's been in the nuthouse anyway. However when a tv show like this shocks you with news like: John Scott had answers & dealings with the guy who caused the flight incident (the jelly virus) he was a bad guy or involved with the bad guy but as soon as you find out the character may actually know something or have some answers - they are immediately killed. This is what I call the Lost pattern. I don't see how they can flip us on our heads at this point but I'm holding out for a good surprise. The problem is all issues (rapid aging, gas to solid, jelly virus, secret radio waves) have tied back to dr bishop, that is all except the egg and the watcher - which was just really weird imo. And it wouldn't surprise me if we don't learn anything more about that whole thing, because its simply JJ's tried and true story telling method.

We'll see what tonights episode has to offer but we are undeniably starting to get into that pattern of askng more questions than having answers provided. The very reason I stopped watching Lost.

Tonight's synopsis is The team investigate the case of a man who can project electricity... and is at the center of a series of strange deaths involving electricity but I seriously hope there is something more to it, about any of the many unanswered questions from prior episodes. thats my 2 cents
-T
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby Gheorghe Zamfir on Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:59 am

Blah, I'm not sure if its this latest episode or the show, but I've gone from passably un-bored to just thinking this show is terrible. Eh, oh well.
Gheorghe Zamfir
REAL DRAGON

Postby Fried Gold on Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:08 pm

Brought over from the True Blood thread:

Fried Gold wrote:
RogueScribner wrote:I had the last 3 episodes sitting on laptop waiting for me to watch, but after a couple of weeks away I found I didn't really miss the show so I gaffneyed them. Once the season is over I'll be sure to check how people responded to it and maybe I'll pick it up again. Right now it's just not holding my interest.

I did the same thing - downloaded them...but it's not really shouting out "watch me".

Same goes for Fringe.

RogueScribner wrote:I still have hope for Fringe.

I had hopes for it. Now it just seems like we've seen it all before.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fanboy on Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:48 am

It's a decent show but it feels like X-Files meets Lost and they had a child and out came Fringe.

I mean I'll watch it if I remember too Tuesday nights but even for a die hard science fiction fan, it's one of those shows that if I miss it I don't mind.

The only curiosity I have is, what The Pattern is? Past that, there is not much that keeps me interested in it. Walter seems like a wacky Doctor from Doctor Who, who never got over the post-regeneration quirkiness that often happened back in the day during the show.
Fanboy
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby The Vicar on Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:43 am

Fanboy wrote:It's a decent show but it feels like X-Files meets Lost and they had a child and out came Fringe.

In a nutshell.
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone

Postby Animorganimate on Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:03 pm

All the Zone love for this show is gone, huh? Well, it's certainly NOT my all time favorite show, but I do find myself enjoying each episode, and I think the reveal at the end of Tuesday's episode was very cool and definitely opened up a story arc in the series. We're finally starting to see what some of these "experiments" are for, and how the may wind up being utilized in the future. Did anyone like this last episode, or should this thread die?
...methodical, exacting, and worst of all, patient.
Animorganimate
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby burlivesleftnut on Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:08 pm

Animorganimate wrote:All the Zone love for this show is gone, huh? Well, it's certainly NOT my all time favorite show, but I do find myself enjoying each episode, and I think the reveal at the end of Tuesday's episode was very cool and definitely opened up a story arc in the series. We're finally starting to see what some of these "experiments" are for, and how the may wind up being utilized in the future. Did anyone like this last episode, or should this thread die?

I still like the show quite a lot, but it really doesn't lend itself to prolonged discussions or theories at this point. I watched the last two episodes back to back, and both had their strong points. I really liked the parasite wrapped around the heart bit. That was grody, but I feel cheated that we didn't get to see it once removed and dead.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Animorganimate on Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:59 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:
Animorganimate wrote:All the Zone love for this show is gone, huh? Well, it's certainly NOT my all time favorite show, but I do find myself enjoying each episode, and I think the reveal at the end of Tuesday's episode was very cool and definitely opened up a story arc in the series. We're finally starting to see what some of these "experiments" are for, and how the may wind up being utilized in the future. Did anyone like this last episode, or should this thread die?

I still like the show quite a lot, but it really doesn't lend itself to prolonged discussions or theories at this point. I watched the last two episodes back to back, and both had their strong points. I really liked the parasite wrapped around the heart bit. That was grody, but I feel cheated that we didn't get to see it once removed and dead.

I agree with you there. It would have been neat to have seen it squirming and twitching around on the ground before dying. None-the-less, it was a cool concept for a parasitic organism. And I suppose you are correct, the show isn't far-along enough to provoke many theories, although I did feel that the last episode's ending regarding the mathematical equation being able to alter matter is beginning to open up a connection between the episodes and can provide good material for future episodes.
...methodical, exacting, and worst of all, patient.
Animorganimate
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby Starks on Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:08 am

Animorganimate wrote:
burlivesleftnut wrote:

I agree with you there. It would have been neat to have seen it squirming and twitching around on the ground before dying. None-the-less, it was a cool concept for a parasitic organism. And I suppose you are correct, the show isn't far-along enough to provoke many theories, although I did feel that the last episode's ending regarding the mathematical equation being able to alter matter is beginning to open up a connection between the episodes and can provide good material for future episodes.

The latest episode was my favourite to date, and did a great job of weaving together a whole heap of threads from previous episodes (Olivia and Scott's shared memory, Massive Dynamics' Scott clone, the matter distorting equation, and the inmate in the German prison). The only thing bugging me is the way they consistently make the case under investigation linked to one of Walter's previous projects (sure, the banks being robbed had to contain a machine Walter designed). The fact they nearly opened the time travel door is also alarming, but thankfully they stuck with plain old teleporting. "Godfather" is also proving to be a solid recurring bad guy.
Last edited by Starks on Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Starks
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby John-Locke on Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:10 am

Completely agree with you
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby tfactor on Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:59 pm

Wait a second, what happened to CBG? I thought creepy bald guy was always present for nearly everything related to The Pattern. But where has he been the last couple episodes? Did I miss him or something?

EDIT: found this and I'm listening now but I don't know how many answers this will hold. We'll see EDIT#3 BTW they start talking about the watcher somewhere around minute 40 or so

EDIT #2: OK Never mind, question answered-cbg has been in every episode, my mistake! This podcast was cool - worth listening too if you have time, it is really long though! ... Over an hour... yeah I gave up .. its too long for work
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:03 pm

i haven't watched the whole episode yet, but i saw the opening last night. this show, which has seemed like a pale imitation of the x-files from the beginning, felt like a slightly-less pale imitation from what i saw last night, with the porcupine man. that thing was an x-files monster if i've ever seen one.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby tfactor on Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:45 pm

OK how weird is it that I mistakenly asked back in Dec 2008 "What happened to CBG?" when at the time he was in every episode (I just missed him in a couple) however we just watched the last 3 episodes over the weekend and NOT ONE of them was about or involved The Pattern or even had a single glimps of CBG!

Not even the Giant Cold Virus was associated with the pattern, how stupid is that? Plus is The Transformation partially related to the pattern just because John Scott knew about it? Don't think so because it wasn't really made clear and with the absense of CBG (more importantly the actor {Michael Cerveris} not getting credit for these 3 episodes on his IMDB page) - logic says that none of these are related to the pattern. Anyway that makes THREE confirmed episodes (11, 12, & 13) in a row where they have completely diverted from the core story. Plus it doesn't look like CBG is going to be in the next episode #14 either. Did they forget about THE PATTERN & who is behind it? We've sort of lost sight of that story line and I'm sorry but that just sucks!

I don't like when TV shows leave you hanging like this with so many questions unanswered. Am I the only person losing interest in this show very quickly? :oops:

Tomorrows show synopsis is: The German authorities interrogate Olivia in an attempt to locate Mr. Jones. Meanwhile, the team investigates a bizarre series of incidents where the victims' facial orifices close over, leaving them faceless corpses for which I did see the coming attraction / trailer but it is almost like they just took that scene from the Matrix - added the effect to several people and stretched it out to make a full one hour TV episode and that is just 9 kinds of lame.

Plus what little special effects the show has had have been so horrible at times (example: the Transformation airplane bathroom scene) was just so poorly done it was actually stupid. They should have just had it so the viewers can only see like an arm in this scene, breaking out of the bathroom door but then later give us a full on (prostetic) man in a suit version, perhaps on a personal hand held camera like Cloverfield, but show us the fully transformed guy ALIVE and in-action to highlight the fact that these guys created this virus that turns people into monsters. Instead there was a corpse which looked like it was only Half the creature. WTF?!?

I don't know completely why I think this but I honestly believe this show is being handled horribly! It is circling the drain. The writing, character development and overall quality is decreasing rapidly. And if they don't get back on track I can see them losing me and several other viewers.

What does everyone else think of the show thus far?

-T
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:09 pm

tfactor wrote:I don't like when TV shows leave you hanging like this with so many questions unanswered. Am I the only person losing interest in this show very quickly? :oops:

no.

although, i never really had that much interest to begin with. i liked the x-files better when mulder and scully were on it. the only reason i really watch anymore is cos my gf likes it.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby tfactor on Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:06 pm

btw awesome Sig there Bax! That and the Boss stealing the "I'm going to Disneyland" line were possibly the 2 greatest moments of the Superbowl Halftime show! I'm just glad they removed the audible "Clang" it made when Bruce's steel testicles smashed & broke the focus control on that poor guys video camera. :shock:
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby burlivesleftnut on Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:03 am

I'm not really losing interest. For the most part, I like the characters and the plots seem like X-Files on acid. I like that they are paying more attention to the characters than some massive behind the scenes plot. Personally, I like the FX too. I am sure they will continue the Pattern stuff, but these done-in-ones are nice on a couple of levels. First, the stories are pretty bizarre, and second, it does give the characters a chance to shine rather than just react. I have really enjoyed the shared conscious stuff with Olivia and (can't remember his name). I thought it was gratifying to see this subplot that started with the first episode get spun on its head.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby stereosforgeeks on Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:45 am

Well it's not merely an XFiles clone anymore.

Great episode and sets up the basis for the rest of the series.

What happened to Jones? What is this war? Is Olivia going to join them? etc... etc..
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby tfactor on Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:08 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:I'm not really losing interest. For the most part, I like the characters and the plots seem like X-Files on acid. I like that they are paying more attention to the characters than some massive behind the scenes plot. Personally, I like the FX too. I am sure they will continue the Pattern stuff, but these done-in-ones are nice on a couple of levels. First, the stories are pretty bizarre, and second, it does give the characters a chance to shine rather than just react. I have really enjoyed the shared conscious stuff with Olivia and (can't remember his name). I thought it was gratifying to see this subplot that started with the first episode get spun on its head.

His name was John Scott Burl and that story line is over as explained in the finale of episode 13 or 14 or whatever! But Jesus Burl could you really not have been bothered to look up the imdb page for the show to see the characters name? Has your Yacht become so large and over populated that you've become a Jabba the Hutt like being pushing pig-men into pitts to be eaten instead of googling a character name you want to post something about? :twisted:

I hope you sir, get a very bad sunburn today! :-P
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby BuckyO'harre on Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:47 pm

tfactor wrote: Has your Yacht become so large and over populated that you've become a Jabba the Hutt like being pushing pig-men into pitts to be eaten instead of googling a character name you want to post something about? :twisted:

I hope you sir, get a very bad sunburn today! :-P

HAHAHAHAHA!

It was nice knowing you, my friend.

:plays taps on kazoo:
BuckyO'harre
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DerLanghaarige on Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:58 am

Fringe starts here in Germany on monday and apperantly Pro7, the channel that airs it here, pissed yesterday many people off when they interrupted an episode of The Simpsons for real looking Breaking News (shot in their own studio, with their original anchorman) about a woman who gave birth to an adult. Of course it was just an ad for Fringe. :lol:
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby DerLanghaarige on Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:22 pm

I liked the Pilot. It wasn't great, but pretty much like the 'Alias'-Pilot good enough to make me curious for the next few episodes.
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby Al Shut on Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:48 am

DerLanghaarige wrote:Fringe starts here in Germany on monday and apperantly Pro7, the channel that airs it here, pissed yesterday many people off when they interrupted an episode of The Simpsons for real looking Breaking News (shot in their own studio, with their original anchorman) about a woman who gave birth to an adult. Of course it was just an ad for Fringe. :lol:

They should have goone with the plot from the pilot. An hamburg airliner full of dead peolpe would have made for much better breaking news :twisted:
Note to myself: Fix this image shit!
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:10 am

well, i didn't even bother watching this week's episode when i realized the last 10 minutes were going to be cut off because of that stupid american idol show. hopefully it gets replayed at some point.

in other news, on the main site is this article (containing CASTING SPOILER) telling us who will play the Massive Dynamics founding scientist guy. i have to say it's a pretty awesome casting choice.

it does have me worried slightly though... there's another little serialized sci-fi tv show on NBC that has made it a habit of casting TOS trek actors, and we all know how THAT show has turned out...
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby stereosforgeeks on Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:15 am

TheBaxter wrote:well, i didn't even bother watching this week's episode when i realized the last 10 minutes were going to be cut off because of that stupid american idol show. hopefully it gets replayed at some point.

in other news, on the main site is this article (containing CASTING SPOILER) telling us who will play the Massive Dynamics founding scientist guy. i have to say it's a pretty awesome casting choice.

it does have me worried slightly though... there's another little serialized sci-fi tv show on NBC that has made it a habit of casting TOS trek actors, and we all know how THAT show has turned out...

It was a solid ep. Some logic gaps and stuff and only a little bit mythology wise, but that mythology tidbit expanded the world of the show nicely.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby stereosforgeeks on Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:18 pm

stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby RogueScribner on Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:52 pm

Did Anna Torv develop a personality yet? I quit watching because she was so dull.
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby TheBaxter on Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:52 am

stereosforgeeks wrote:Fringe Code Cracked

part of me thinks thats kinda cool.
and part of me thinks that guy has way too much time on his hands.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Starks on Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:21 am

Looks like Fringe will get a second season, with an episode of Season 2 currently being shot in New York before production is moved to Vancouver:

http://www.fringetelevision.com/2009/04 ... evedo.html

Adam Morgan: What can we expect from these last five episodes of the season?

Kirk Acevedo: Well the whole mythology of the show, we lifted up the folds more. We learn more about William Bell, which is really cool, in the last episode, who's played by Leonard Nimoy. Speaking of beautiful voices. I think he's gonna be perfect. He's a perfect foil for John Noble's character. You'll learn more about the impending war, what is it, stuff like that. We're currently shooting a standalone episode for season two...

Starks
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

PreviousNext

Return to Coaxial