Two new GOOD "reality" shows

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Two new GOOD "reality" shows

Postby dimnix on Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:12 pm

I'm getting really, really sick of the reality tv craze. The american shows are getting worse and worse, just sinking to low after low. And the kiwi versions are just ripoffs of the american ones, and a real embaressment for kiwi tv.

But, in the last few weeks I've caught two really great reality shows from england.

The first is SPY - a show where actual ex-spies train a bunch of normal people on how to be spies, put them in teams, send them on missions. Very well produced, fascinating show, and bloody entertaining.

And the other is "The Long Way Round" (I think that's the title), the show chronicling Ewan McGregor's round-the-world motorbike trip. Him and a mate of his went around the world on bikes, starting in england and working their way across europe. It's only a couple of episodes in, with Ewan and his friend currently on the outskirts of Russia, but it's a fascinating spin on a travel show. Very honest, realistic stuff.

So yeah, I recommend them.
dimnix
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby ONeillSG1 on Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:53 am

Is SPY on American TV?

Also, I saw the Long Way Around. VERY good.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby Man-in-the-Box on Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:57 am

If it is, it's an American adaptation of a good show that's been turned to shit.
I'm not with Cowbell, he's with me.
Man-in-the-Box
AIRWOLF

Postby ONeillSG1 on Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:14 pm

I meant if the version he was talking about was being aired in the US or if the show was made in America . . .

But ok I guess . . .
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby Man-in-the-Box on Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:31 pm

I've never heard of it so I just sort of assumed that if it was good, chances are it didn't come from American TV. Actually, it does sound pretty cool, and I'm planning on checking it out.
I'm not with Cowbell, he's with me.
Man-in-the-Box
AIRWOLF

Return to Coaxial