True Blood (Now w/ 100% More e!)

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Re: True Blood - New HBO Series (Now w/ 100% More e!)

Postby instant_karma on Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:19 pm

Well, even if the story does take a while to take off, I'll be watching as long as they have Lafayette in it. He rocks.
instant_karma
Comes in 4 exciting flavours

Postby stereosforgeeks on Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:05 pm

I think we're in for a bumpy rest of the season and Ive like the slow build so far. Can't wait to learn more about Eric and the larger vamp world.

The characters are what makes the show. Go Lafayette!
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby VegasRon on Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:05 am

Retardo_Montalban wrote:Anybody every watch Monkey Shines??¿ I think Sam used to be a cripple and fed his dog human brain juice and as a result of their co-dependent relationship, Sam and his dog share a psychic connection. When Sam is dreaming at night his dog runs around fulfilling all of Sam's deepest desires and projects it back into Sam's dream. Sam could also be a werewolf and his dog is like a familiar or something.

I've been suspecting and hoping that he's a werewolf and the dog is his familiar. Just opens a ton of possibilities.
You can't take the sky from me...
VegasRon
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:27 am

I'm all caught up and am definitely digging the show. Not sure if my favorite moment of ep 5 was Lafayette's smackdown on the rednecks or Jason rubbing garbage on his new friend. The deal with Merlotte and the dog is getting curiouser and curiouser but I really hope they don't take the scenic route in explaining it. I'm wondering if we're going to find out that Malcolm is distributing V, he's gonna end up dead, and Eric is gonna be pissed off. Sookie will be in the middle of it all but she will once again have information that will help Eric so he lets her live. I'm sure Bill will be bruised up in it somehow.

And Tara is really hot.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby John-Locke on Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:31 pm

A bit of a slow episode this week but still good stuff to be had, I can't believe not one person has commented yet especially considering Paquin got her puppies out.

I hope we get to find out WTF is up with Sam this season, he's a freaky one thats for sure.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby VegasRon on Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:57 pm

John-Locke wrote:I hope we get to find out WTF is up with Sam this season, he's a freaky one thats for sure.

Wolfen!!
You can't take the sky from me...
VegasRon
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:54 am

John-Locke wrote:A bit of a slow episode this week but still good stuff to be had, I can't believe not one person has commented yet especially considering Paquin got her puppies out.

!!!

If you're lying to me, so help me God...
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby RogueScribner on Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:17 am

I picked the wrong week to stop watching! :shock: :wink:
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Fried Gold on Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:12 am

...starts watching again.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby stereosforgeeks on Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:24 am

I was shocked by that too JL! At first I thought we were only going to see that tantalizing side boob shot but nope we got full on breastage.

I thought there was some awesome stuff this week but overall arc wise very little happened except in regards to Sookie and teh sex.

Didnt that great uncle look like a pedo?

I actually bought Jason being the douchebag Jason apologizing to Sookie. He just wanted a hug.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Fried Gold on Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:18 pm

stereosforgeeks wrote:Didnt that great uncle look like a pedo?

He is a pedo.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby stereosforgeeks on Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:22 pm

Fried Gold wrote:

He is a pedo.

he molested sookie correct?
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby TonyWilson on Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:39 pm

HOLD EVERYTHING!!!!

Paquin boobage???? And why wasn't I informed? You're all banned.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby Fried Gold on Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:44 pm

stereosforgeeks wrote:
Fried Gold wrote:

He is a pedo.

Yep and a few other people in the family.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby BuckyO'harre on Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:15 pm

TonyWilson wrote:HOLD EVERYTHING!!!!

Paquin boobage???? And why wasn't I informed? You're all banned.

Metacafe dude. Metacafe.

The quality obviously isn't great, but what else can you do if you don't have HBO like me?
Thank you, Zoners, for the kindness, tolerance, and enlightenment you've shared with me. It may not have been deserved, but it was greatly appreciated nonetheless. Soupy twist.
BuckyO'harre
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby RaulMonkey on Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:44 pm

instant_karma wrote:Though I'm still enjoying this show, I'm starting to wonder if there really is any kind of overall story arc to the season.

At Comic-Con, Allan Ball said that Season One roughly corresponds to the first book in Charlaine Harris' Sookie Stackhouse series, so that should bode well for a cohesive story.
RaulMonkey
ZONE AMBASSADOR

Postby tapehead on Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:22 pm

stereosforgeeks wrote:
Fried Gold wrote:

He is a pedo.

Are these novel-related spoilers? Man, I kinda hope not.

Paquin's boobies are very nice.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby Fried Gold on Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:45 am

tapehead wrote:
stereosforgeeks wrote:
Fried Gold wrote:

He is a pedo.

Are these novel-related spoilers? Man, I kinda hope not.

Paquin's boobies are very nice.

Yeah, sorry.

I made the assumtion, based on Stereo's post, that it had either been made really obvious or had been revealed in the show already.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fievel on Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:02 pm

The pie scene was awesome. Just a great scene.

Sookie got bit!!
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby RaulMonkey on Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:35 pm

Yeah, but what's the deal with getting bit? 'Cause that lady who Jason was screwing in the first episode (who turned up murdered) was bit on her thigh right? But she didn't seem to be a vampire. I wonder if you have to be both bit by a vampire and drink the vampire's blood to turn into one. Bill did both in the Civil War flashback. And of course Sookie already drank Bill's blood at the start of episode 2 anyway. But I don't think Bill would just turn Sookie into a vampire without her explicit permission, even in the heat of sexual passion. He's too principled to do it.
RaulMonkey
ZONE AMBASSADOR

Postby stereosforgeeks on Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:41 pm

RaulMonkey wrote:Yeah, but what's the deal with getting bit? 'Cause that lady who Jason was screwing in the first episode (who turned up murdered) was bit on her thigh right? But she didn't seem to be a vampire. I wonder if you have to be both bit by a vampire and drink the vampire's blood to turn into one. Bill did both in the Civil War flashback. And of course Sookie already drank Bill's blood at the start of episode 2 anyway. But I don't think Bill would just turn Sookie into a vampire without her explicit permission, even in the heat of sexual passion. He's too principled to do it.

I dont think she is going to be a vamp based on what we've seen so far. I think it needs to be a mutual feeding occuring at the same time. Also I think a choice has to be made to turn someone.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:15 pm

stereosforgeeks wrote:
RaulMonkey wrote:Yeah, but what's the deal with getting bit? 'Cause that lady who Jason was screwing in the first episode (who turned up murdered) was bit on her thigh right? But she didn't seem to be a vampire. I wonder if you have to be both bit by a vampire and drink the vampire's blood to turn into one. Bill did both in the Civil War flashback. And of course Sookie already drank Bill's blood at the start of episode 2 anyway. But I don't think Bill would just turn Sookie into a vampire without her explicit permission, even in the heat of sexual passion. He's too principled to do it.

I dont think she is going to be a vamp based on what we've seen so far. I think it needs to be a mutual feeding occuring at the same time. Also I think a choice has to be made to turn someone.

Agreed, I think it is essentially the same as Buffy-lore (which is in turn derived from other mythology).
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby TheBaxter on Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:04 pm

finally caught last week's episode, and all i have to say is...

ANNA PAQUIN'S BOOBIES!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Evil Hobbit on Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:45 pm

Americans and boobies -- hilarious -- in Holland we see boobies all the time, in commercials, in videoclips, on billboards, in series, 24/7 -- though, Paquin's where pitch perfect.
Evil Hobbit
AIRWOLF

Postby Retardo_Montalban on Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:53 pm

Evil Hobbit wrote:Americans and boobies -- hilarious -- in Holland we see boobies all the time, in commercials, in videoclips, on billboards, in series, 24/7 -- though, Paquin's where pitch perfect.

Note to self: Move to Holland.
Retardo_Montalban
doubleplusungood

Postby Mutombo on Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:39 am

I basically came here to find some shared hate against the Sookie character. The show is enjoyable but the goddamn LEAD ACTRESS spoils everything for me. It's partly because her character is just a plain, dumb, annoying blonde but even then.... she just can't act for shit. The scene where she's alone, eating her grandma's cake and crying? We cut to a close up of the pie. You can look at her face go all emotional but you won't know what she's thinking until she starts talking. To me, that's just plain bad acting. The rest of the cast is just fine by me... but goddamn, I hope Sookie will stop being a dumb blonde because she honestly makes me want to stop watching.
Being dead's no fun.
Mutombo
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby stereosforgeeks on Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:32 am

Mutombo wrote:I basically came here to find some shared hate against the Sookie character. The show is enjoyable but the goddamn LEAD ACTRESS spoils everything for me. It's partly because her character is just a plain, dumb, annoying blonde but even then.... she just can't act for shit. The scene where she's alone, eating her grandma's cake and crying? We cut to a close up of the pie. You can look at her face go all emotional but you won't know what she's thinking until she starts talking. To me, that's just plain bad acting. The rest of the cast is just fine by me... but goddamn, I hope Sookie will stop being a dumb blonde because she honestly makes me want to stop watching.

I honestly don't think she's that bad. Her character was definitely grating at first but i feel like she's developing nicely.

Honestly the standout for me is Jason. His character could be completely onenote but he grounds it nicely with some real humanity.

Tara's mother on the other had is the the most annoying character on the show. "THE DEVILS IN ME!!!" Maybe with time she will develop into someone who isnt defined solely by religion and alcoholism but right now it's not happening.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Fievel on Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:41 am

Wow.
I think it's so wrong to judge this show on just a couple of episodes. This is an extremely slow-developing show, and I like it more and more each week.

-Sam running naked was hilarious and adds to the werewolf theory (they mentioned that it was a full moon the previous night). The hilarity was only enhanced by the Iraq vet's alertness and hand signals.
-I'd love for Tara's mom to become "normal" now that her demon is gone. Such an annoying character otherwise.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Fried Gold on Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:34 pm

Somewhere out there....AtomicHyperbole saw Lizzy Caplan in True Blood....and his head exploded.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby RaulMonkey on Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:37 pm

Fried Gold wrote:Somewhere out there....AtomicHyperbole saw Lizzy Caplan in True Blood....and his head exploded.

I believe we have a clip...

RaulMonkey
ZONE AMBASSADOR

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:09 am

That looks remarkably like my reaction.

...Lizzy Caplan...

I'll see what I can do about inviting you guys to the wedding.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby RogueScribner on Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:37 am

I had the last 3 episodes sitting on laptop waiting for me to watch, but after a couple of weeks away I found I didn't really miss the show so I deleted them. Once the season is over I'll be sure to check how people responded to it and maybe I'll pick it up again. Right now it's just not holding my interest.
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Fried Gold on Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:33 am

RogueScribner wrote:I had the last 3 episodes sitting on laptop waiting for me to watch, but after a couple of weeks away I found I didn't really miss the show so I gaffneyed them. Once the season is over I'll be sure to check how people responded to it and maybe I'll pick it up again. Right now it's just not holding my interest.

I did the same thing - downloaded them...but it's not really shouting out "watch me".

Same goes for Fringe.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby RogueScribner on Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:20 am

I still have hope for Fringe.
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby burlivesleftnut on Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:49 pm

Weird. After an inauspicious start, this show has become "must see" for me. I really like all the characters, which is unusual because I generally will find someone to hate, but the show just keeps evolving. I find myself deeply engrossed. I loved Six Feet Under, but I hated David and Rico at first. And I ended up only hating Rico and Nate! And Nate died!

Well they all did, but he actually deserved an untimely death.

What I love about True Blood is that the show is developing a nice multi-layered mythology in a way that is not as inscrutable as, say, Carnivale. The show has even brought in Stephen Root as a chubby homo vamp... how can I possibly turn away from that?!?@@!?
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Fievel on Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:32 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:I loved Six Feet Under, but I hated David and Rico at first. And I ended up only hating Rico and Nate! And Nate died!

You're a mean one..... Mr. Burl.

burlivesleftnut wrote:The show has even brought in Stephen Root as a chubby homo vamp... how can I possibly turn away from that?!?@@!?

Was that him?!? The whole time I thought "Wow, that looks like Stephen Root!" but I didn't think it actually was him.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby RogueScribner on Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:48 pm

Like I said, if the Zone says the show is worth a watch after the season ends, I'll try again. But really, Anna Paquin was the only thing keeping me watching during the first 3 episodes. I didn't really like anything else. It seemed too much of a grimy redneck soap opera populated with gross stereotypes in its cast and plotting.
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby stereosforgeeks on Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:39 pm

RogueScribner wrote:Like I said, if the Zone says the show is worth a watch after the season ends, I'll try again. But really, Anna Paquin was the only thing keeping me watching during the first 3 episodes. I didn't really like anything else. It seemed too much of a grimy redneck soap opera populated with gross stereotypes in its cast and plotting.

Anna Paquin is honestly far from the best thing in the show. It's only got better each episode. Episode 4 was the one where it hit me and I am definitely glad I stuck with it.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Fievel on Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:29 pm

So..... he's just a dog?

I think Stephen Root us going to shine next week, as he did this past episode.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby stereosforgeeks on Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:42 pm

Fievel wrote:So..... he's just a dog?

But why did we see him and the dog togther at the same time.

and yes Root has been a fantastic addition.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Pacino86845 on Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:20 pm

Though I don't think the show is bad, I still cling to my initial reservations... the characterizations often seem forced and put in place only to suit the plot, stereotypes notwithstanding, and it makes for a rather distant viewing experience. That said, the show still has enough to offer that I'll keep watching at least to the season's end.
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby papalazeru on Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:26 pm

I agree with Pacino there with one amendment: Who didn't see the poochie thing coming? Really.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby Pacino86845 on Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:36 pm

papalazeru wrote:I agree with Pacino there with one amendment: Who didn't see the poochie thing coming? Really.

Was that supposed to be a surprise? I thought the viewer was "in the know" regarding Sam for a few episodes now... the barking in his sleep bit had pretty much given it away, no?
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby Fievel on Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:35 pm

I thought (through early Zoner predictions) that he'd be a werewolf... not a weredog.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Spifftacular SquirrelGirl on Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:33 am

stereosforgeeks wrote:
Fievel wrote:So..... he's just a dog?

But why did we see him and the dog togther at the same time.

That, I believe dear SFG, was a red herring. There's more than one dog.
Spifftacular SquirrelGirl
AIRWOLF

Postby Fanboy on Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:35 pm

I started reading the book series right before the show started and they keep to the major plot points, at least so far. Lafayette isn't even mentioned until book two ;\ And Jason has a V addiction? What happened to him being the supposed killer who video tapes all his sexcapades? I mean, it still works but still sticking to the original is always a huge bonus with fans.

I like how they kept in the supernatural aspects of the show, vamps can't enter a home unless invited, the other supernatural beings (Sam, etc)

I just hope they handle the other stuff coming up just as good. The real killer for book 1, needs more screen time for season 1, etc

Rednecks and vampires, finally the South has something that don't have to be ashamed of (i'm southern so it brings a smile to ye olde face)
Fanboy
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby BuckyO'harre on Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:38 pm

Fanboy wrote:Rednecks and vampires, finally the South has something that don't have to be ashamed of (i'm southern so it brings a smile to ye olde face)

Random Fact Of The Day- There is a Transylvania county NC.
Thank you, Zoners, for the kindness, tolerance, and enlightenment you've shared with me. It may not have been deserved, but it was greatly appreciated nonetheless. Soupy twist.
BuckyO'harre
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby John-Locke on Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:13 pm

I am absolutely loving this show at the moment for many reasons. I love that each episode starts from the very instant the last episode ended. I love the song that plays over the title sequence, I love the title sequence too. Vampires, Shapeshifters, Werewolves, mind readers and hopefully a lot more too in this world, whats not to love about that? The show now pretty much equal parts character and story (and they are fascinatingly fucked up characters playing their parts in an equally fucked up story), Ball took his time getting there but good things come to those who wait.

This is my must see show at the moment (well this and the shield) and I can't wait to see the latest episode, those of you who dropped out early should seriously reconsider.

Back to this weeks episode, does anyone think the killer is going to end up being anyone other than that Iraq War veteran?

WTF was up with that naked lady in the road? Vampire/werewolf/shapeshifter/pig fucker?
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Pacino86845 on Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:15 pm

My guess is the killer is Rene, which makes a nice juxtaposition considering Arlene said he was "good to the foundation," LOL.

EDIT: The lady was Admiral Cain, who is probably some sort of geek goddess at this point considering how many TV shows she's appeared in...
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby John-Locke on Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:22 pm

I did recognise that it was Michelle Forbes instantly (though I doubt that was her naked body we saw and if it was she needs to trim her BlueBittles) and funnily enough I had a feeling that if I didn't say who it was someone was going to go "OMG dat's Admiral Cain!!!11!!!"

:D
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

PreviousNext

Return to Coaxial