True Blood (Now w/ 100% More e!)

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Re: True Blood (Now w/ 100% More e!)

Postby stereosforgeeks on Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:07 am

Snow Apple wrote:Thanks for the info and link.

You're right it might not have turned out so great if Lafayette became a vampire. I'm just grateful he's still on the show...for now.

Sookie and Eric would be so fricking great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think she's a damsel in distress because a women wrote the stories and even strong women can be a sucker for such things. Oh man don't tell us what happens in the books. I don't want to know til I see it on screen.

I dont mind that type of thing if done right but theyve never been able to find the right balance for the character. I dont know if i should blame the writers or paquin (i find her terrible in this show though). Most other characters have much more humanity than her even with less screen time and worse writing (Jason for example).
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Snow Apple on Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:23 am

The Sookie character is worse this season. Normally I would like how Bill is mean to her, but she's so lame it comes off boring...and almost like he really doesn't like her. It's weird because I keep forgetting they are supposed to be in the midst of a great love story. I think Sookie is better when Tara is around.
Snow Apple
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Postby Bloo on Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:27 am

n all seriousness, Sookie does devolop in the books, I don't know if it's the way the writers are handeling her or what, I still haven't seen any eps as I've been busy getting a stage show ready, BUT I don't remember her being very "damsel in distress" in fact I gave all my SVM books to a friend who is a huge twilight nerd and she hated them because she couldn't relate to Sookie like she could to Bella
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:55 am

stereosforgeeks wrote:

You're right it might not have turned out so great if Lafayette became a vampire. I'm just grateful he's still on the show...for now.

I think she's a damsel in distress because a women wrote the stories and even strong women can be a sucker for such things. Oh man don't tell us what happens in the books. I don't want to know til I see it on screen.

I dont mind that type of thing if done right but theyve never been able to find the right balance for the character. I dont know if i should blame the writers or paquin (i find her terrible in this show though). Most other characters have much more humanity than her even with less screen time and worse writing (Jason for example).

Interesting, different strokes, I suppose. I think Paquin's fine in the role. Nothing spectacular, but serviceable. I do agree that she can come off a little bland compared to most of the other characters (so can Bill at times).

Despite the fact that she has literally filled the damsel in distress role a number of times in the series so far, I've never really thought of her as that. Or at least I haven't thought of her as only that. Given that she has to deal with others' voices in her head, has been stalked by a couple of big bads, had her grandmother brutally killed, etc., I think she is actually a relatively strong character. Most IRL women (or men) I know would have run for the hills by now, but she's still in the thick of things. A recent example might be her standing up to Eric (a pretty imposing character). I get the feeling she would have acted that way to Eric whether Bill was standing next to her or no.
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby stereosforgeeks on Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:51 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote:
stereosforgeeks wrote:

Interesting, different strokes, I suppose. I think Paquin's fine in the role. Nothing spectacular, but serviceable. I do agree that she can come off a little bland compared to most of the other characters (so can Bill at times).

Despite the fact that she has literally filled the damsel in distress role a number of times in the series so far, I've never really thought of her as that. Or at least I haven't thought of her as only that. Given that she has to deal with others' voices in her head, has been stalked by a couple of big bads, had her grandmother brutally killed, etc., I think she is actually a relatively strong character. Most IRL women (or men) I know would have run for the hills by now, but she's still in the thick of things. A recent example might be her standing up to Eric (a pretty imposing character). I get the feeling she would have acted that way to Eric whether Bill was standing next to her or no.

Bill can be bland too and is much better by himself than with sookie. And your right she is more than a damsel in distress. She doesnt have the presence the other characters have on the show and is the weak link for me. I even like Paquin in other things but right now on the show her an bills relationship has worn mighty think and its the weakest stuff on the show.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:14 pm

since this show has come back on the air, i haven't been able to get myself interested enough to watch an episode. i've got 3 or 4 or however many there have been stacked up and waiting on my dvr. unless i get really bored, i might just erase them and then maybe catch up on dvd somewhere down the line. i'm just tired of the whole 'romantic vampire' thing i guess.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby DaleTremont on Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:13 am

OMG I love this show! I was hooked on the pilot, which really surprised me because I went in with very low expectations. Maybe it's because I watched all the eps back to back but one thing I didn't like so much was how they handled the string of murders. I take it that was meant to be the big mystery to pull us through the season but I found the conclusion to be somewhat underwhelming.

But that aside, the characters! Even the ones who are annoying are so infinitely watchable! Anna Paquin is adorable. I don't know if he's doing it on purpose but Stephen Moyer cracks me up the way he plays up the brooding southern gentleman. Every time he says "Soookie" I cringe with delight! And LaFayette! I heart him.

I'm also a big fan of Alexander Skarsgard (son of Stellan, which I totally didn't realize until I imdbed him.)

I think my favorite part of last season were the scenes between Jason and that vampire he and his girlfriend were holding hostage. Also the way they satirize liberal hippie college assholes was priceless. Loved (to hate) Lizzy Caplan!

The fact that there are so many interesting characters safeguards the show from becoming tiresome once the Sookie-Bill relationship reaches the point where they've milked it for all the drama its worth (which might be imminent...unless of course she starts having an affair with that hot piece Eric!)
DaleTremont
Loincloth Bronson

Postby Maui on Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:54 am

DaleTremont wrote:
The fact that there are so many interesting characters safeguards the show from becoming tiresome once the Sookie-Bill relationship reaches the point where they've milked it for all the drama its worth (which might be imminent...unless of course she starts having an affair with that hot piece Eric!)

This needs to happen. Bill = zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I'd also like to add, does Maryanne throw great parties or what?
Maui
WoWie

Postby papalazeru on Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:04 pm

Maui wrote:
DaleTremont wrote:I'd also like to add, does Maryanne throw great parties or what?

Meh, not enough of the Orgies.

;)
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby Maui on Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:13 pm

papalazeru wrote:
Maui wrote:
DaleTremont wrote:I'd also like to add, does Maryanne throw great parties or what?

Meh, not enough of the Orgies.

;)

You misquoted. :roll: Get with the program, eh?
Maui
WoWie

Postby papalazeru on Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:14 pm

:oops:

Weird edit.

Sorry, but still...definitely not enough Orgies.

Jason Stackhouse needs to stop being a goody goody and start getting dirty again.

The show's fun was directionally proportional to Jasons nudity.

papalazeru

Postby Maui on Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:16 pm

papalazeru wrote::oops:

Weird edit.

Jason Stackhouse needs to stop being a goody goody and start getting dirty again. The show's fun was direction proportional to Jasons nudity.

Be patient. They've been setting up his sexcapade with the bible wife for quite some time now.
Maui
WoWie

Postby papalazeru on Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:17 pm

Maui wrote:Be patient. They've been setting up his sexcapade with the bible wife for quite some time now.

I was getting that swinger vibe off those two bible bashers.

papalazeru

Postby DaleTremont on Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:11 pm

Maui wrote:
papalazeru wrote::oops:

Weird edit.

Jason Stackhouse needs to stop being a goody goody and start getting dirty again. The show's fun was direction proportional to Jasons nudity.

Be patient. They've been setting up his sexcapade with the bible wife for quite some time now.

Indeed! For a while I thought that leadership camp was going to turn out to be training for some elite vampire killing squad, but since it looks like it's not going in precisely that direction I'll take bible thumping adulterers instead.

I'm actually not a huge fan of the Maryann sideplot. I like her past history with Sam because it's all kinds of wrong but I think they're dragging out her character's set up too long. I guess I just want the shit to hit the fan already.
DaleTremont
Loincloth Bronson

Postby Nick on Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:21 pm

DaleTremont wrote:I'm actually not a huge fan of the Maryann sideplot. I like her past history with Sam because it's all kinds of wrong but I think they're dragging out her character's set up too long. I guess I just want the shit to hit the fan already.

Agreed

But I'm tired of this show clearing things up in 20 minutes... the reveal of the murderer last season was very abrupt and didn't really fit well with the 'who the hell is killing all these girls' storyline
-nick
Nick
AICN Crew

Postby Maui on Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:46 pm

DaleTremont wrote:
Indeed! For a while I thought that leadership camp was going to turn out to be training for some elite vampire killing squad, but since it looks like it's not going in precisely that direction I'll take bible thumping adulterers instead.

I'm actually not a huge fan of the Maryann sideplot. I like her past history with Sam because it's all kinds of wrong but I think they're dragging out her character's set up too long. I guess I just want the shit to hit the fan already.

Yeah, we get that Maryanne is evil, has an appreciation for fruit and makes everyone horny when she's around - we saw this at the end of season 1. Give us more to sink our teeth into.

Fellowship of the Sun (FotS) is a front for an elite vampire killing squad. Well, we shall see.
Maui
WoWie

Postby Maui on Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:59 pm

Best part of the show last night - Lafayette doing the worm and dry-humping his sofa while Eric watches. :lol:

Another party with Maryann's influence :roll: - WE GET IT! It's getting a bit tedious they really need to move this storyline along, although I really dug the song they played at the party. Tara got some action and likely will have a demon child in 9 months.

Jessica stuck in the coffin at the airport. Funny stuff. Jason's fantasizing about Sarah while she is grilling ribs (bottles and spatulas). :lol:

It would appear we have a bellhop that has similar capabilities to Sookie.

Hank (Breaking Bad) even had a minor role in this week's episode.

Great show, can't wait til next Sunday!
Maui
WoWie

Postby Maui on Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:54 pm

Jason certainly felt the hand of God in tonight's episode.
Maui
WoWie

Postby DaleTremont on Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:07 am

Maui wrote:Jason certainly felt the hand of God in tonight's episode.

lol. Brings a whole new meaning to "touched by an angel" (ba ka choo bah!)

I liked tonight's ep but again I'm feeling there's a slight lack in forward momentum, something I hope will be rectified next week when Sookie infiltrates the church.

One thing I find odd is that Sam hasn't noticed/commented on that chick's massive back scar. Any theories about that one? I wasn't sure if they were hinting at her merely being attacked by the same creature as Sookie or if she is somehow connected to it/its victims? I dunno...I'm confused.

Oh and last but oh so not least...ERIC AS A FUCKING VIKING SPEAKING SWEDISH!!!! To quote LaFayette, oh lover you make me clutch my pearls!

In any case I'm glad they're reintroducing that saucy vixen that created Vampire Bill. Things need to be shaken up a bit!
DaleTremont
Loincloth Bronson

Postby Maui on Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:54 am

DaleTremont wrote:
Maui wrote:Jason certainly felt the hand of God in tonight's episode.

lol. Brings a whole new meaning to "touched by an angel" (ba ka choo bah!)

I liked tonight's ep but again I'm feeling there's a slight lack in forward momentum, something I hope will be rectified next week when Sookie infiltrates the church.

One thing I find odd is that Sam hasn't noticed/commented on that chick's massive back scar. Any theories about that one? I wasn't sure if they were hinting at her merely being attacked by the same creature as Sookie or if she is somehow connected to it/its victims? I dunno...I'm confused.

Oh and last but oh so not least...ERIC AS A FUCKING VIKING SPEAKING SWEDISH!!!! To quote LaFayette, oh lover you make me clutch my pearls!

In any case I'm glad they're reintroducing that saucy vixen that created Vampire Bill. Things need to be shaken up a bit!

I didn't notice any Louisiana Hot Sauce by the bathtub did you? ;)

I found last night's episode OK, it moved a bit slow for me. How could it possibly beat episode 4, Shake and Fingerpop with both Lafayette and Sarah's dancing. No contest.

Sam did notice Daphne's scratches (when they were skinny dipping) - he just hasn't approached her about it. I'm not sure yet what the deal is with Daphne. She does conveniently roll into Bon Temps the same time Maryann does. It would appear she survived an attack. If I remember correctly, when Sookie had the poison taken out of her scratches, the Dr. mentions that if the venom isn't removed the attacker eventually returns to it's prey to finish the job. A love interest for Sam that goes wrong?

Not how I would picture Stan, the head of the Dallas Vampire Nest. Isabel was OK, but Stan, just didn't seem threatening at all.

Yeah, Lorena reappears to cause trouble. I'm reading the books so parts of what is going to happen in the show I know already, other bits Alan Ball has created which I have no clue on.

Yeah, Swedish, English, vampire lingo...........ALEXANDER SKARSGARD is one sexy beast !!!!!! I may just have to watch Generation Kill now. Hah!

Lastly, did you happen to notice the p0rn movie selections Sookie was looking at on the TV screen in episode 4? There is one titled "My First Fang Bang". Is it just me or does the guy on the movie poster really resemble Rev. Steve Newlin? How funny would that be? I mean church going people are never hypocritical. :roll:
Maui
WoWie

Postby judderman on Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:48 am

This thread has confused me a bit, as I'm not sure as to the genders and/or sexual orientations of the various participants. I know Maui's a girl but that's it.

Anyhoo. Straight man likes seeing Anna in profile.

Liked the ep, especially the beautifully filmed Viking flashback. Thought the dialogue gave a fairly credible idea of how a vampire would see himself in the early mediaeval period.

Sookie's not gonna infiltrate that church; how can she? As soon as she shows up her brother will out her.
judderman
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Postby burlivesleftnut on Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:02 pm

Hence the SUSPENSE. How much you want to bet the secret file the minister was looking at contained information on abducting and killing Bill and/or Eric... or Fangtasia as a whole. I am enjoying where this is all leading because I think Jason, when confronted with his sister's possible death or loss of her beloved, is going to go rogue. The idea of Sookie penetrating the church is about the most danger she has ever faced, and it speaks to her bravery that she would do it. Or her naivety. Regardless, I like where things are going. Hope there aren't too many plot threads to tie this up nicely, but if not, I hope they go the proper route and make this and the next season one long burn.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Snow Apple on Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:50 am

I know it probably won't happen again but I really, really hope we get some more of that Swedish.

The scars, didn't Marianne make them? Or are we supposed to not be sure? I just assumed, but now you guys have me confused. I fricking hate her. She so needs to be punished for making everyone lash out at Tara. And why the heck didn't Tara question how weird that was she was dressed like Sookie's grandma?

I am beyond sick of Jason being "good". Fuck someone already, geez.
Snow Apple
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Postby Maui on Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:17 pm

Jason, God wants us to screw, he spoke to me. :lol:

I can't believe the drill sergeant at the FOTS is Gabe. I wonder how closely they will follow the books, because Gabe turns out to be an even worse bad ass downstairs with Sookie and Hugo.

Flashbacks with Lorena and Bill were great, not enough blood though.

Lastly, I hope someone cleaned that pool table.
Maui
WoWie

Postby ONeillSG1 on Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:06 pm

Maui wrote:Sam did notice Daphne's scratches (when they were skinny dipping) - he just hasn't approached her about it. I'm not sure yet what the deal is with Daphne. She does conveniently roll into Bon Temps the same time Maryann does. It would appear she survived an attack. If I remember correctly, when Sookie had the poison taken out of her scratches, the Dr. mentions that if the venom isn't removed the attacker eventually returns to it's prey to finish the job. A love interest for Sam that goes wrong?

SOOTHSAYER!
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby DaleTremont on Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:51 am

Maui wrote:Jason, God wants us to screw, he spoke to me. :lol:

I can't believe the drill sergeant at the FOTS is Gabe. I wonder how closely they will follow the books, because Gabe turns out to be an even worse bad ass downstairs with Sookie and Hugo.

Flashbacks with Lorena and Bill were great, not enough blood though.

Lastly, I hope someone cleaned that pool table.

You totally called the Daphne deal!

I loooved this episode. We finally got to see Maryann unleash her inner beast. It's all starting to come together and make a little more sense.

Plus, I am SUPER PSYCHED about this whole development with LaFayette, because it makes it seem as if the vamps have some grand, nefarious scheme having to do with v. Is it spiked with something perchance? A little early to be speculating but that's what I thought at first.

The only critique is that there was not enough Eric, but I loved that all his scenes tonight were more comedic.

I LOVE YOUR AV MAUI!!! coughs
DaleTremont
Loincloth Bronson

Postby Maui on Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:08 am

ONeillSG1 wrote:
Maui wrote:Sam did notice Daphne's scratches (when they were skinny dipping) - he just hasn't approached her about it. I'm not sure yet what the deal is with Daphne. She does conveniently roll into Bon Temps the same time Maryann does. It would appear she survived an attack. If I remember correctly, when Sookie had the poison taken out of her scratches, the Dr. mentions that if the venom isn't removed the attacker eventually returns to it's prey to finish the job. A love interest for Sam that goes wrong?

SOOTHSAYER!

:mrgreen:
Maui
WoWie

Postby Maui on Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:28 am

DaleTremont wrote:
You totally called the Daphne deal!

I loooved this episode. We finally got to see Maryann unleash her inner beast. It's all starting to come together and make a little more sense.

Plus, I am SUPER PSYCHED about this whole development with LaFayette, because it makes it seem as if the vamps have some grand, nefarious scheme having to do with v. Is it spiked with something perchance? A little early to be speculating but that's what I thought at first.

The only critique is that there was not enough Eric, but I loved that all his scenes tonight were more comedic.

I LOVE YOUR AV MAUI!!! coughs

How funny was that scene with the pig and dog crossing the road together. I swear it looked like something out of Green Acres. Then Andy pulls up in his car, I know that pig! Pig! Hey Pig!! :lol:

Yes, finally they are moving the Maryann storyline along. It's funny how Arlene and Terry are always getting together during these orgies, then when they see each other at Merlottes, Terry looks like a scared bunny rabbit every time Arlene comes by to talk to him.

Lafayette has a wee bit of PTSD wouldn't ya say? Definitely something up with Pam having him sell the V for Eric. Perhaps Fangtasia is feeling the economic crunch and Eric needs the extra cash? :roll: I'd have to go with the V being laced with something to lead them to the buyers, users, drainers, etc. I felt so bad for Lafayette, he needs to get back to his jovial ways and making g@y hamburgers again.

Definitely the show needed more Swedish murdercake. Thanks Max!

That scene where Eggs and Tara see the rock covered in blood. Me thinks that's where they killed that lady (the fake exorcism chick). The one they found in the car with the scratches on her back from the very first episode.

I think the show needs more Pam. I love her character, she is such a sarcastic bitch. Just like in the books.
Maui
WoWie

Postby tapehead on Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:43 am

Great ep, can't wait for more. I guess I don't really understand why Gabe and dragged Sookie and her 'fiancé' Hugo downstairs to meet their caged vamp - I mean I'm sure I'm about to find out in the next ep, but who tipped off the church that these two were on a mission for the Louisiana Vampires?

How long did Jason's new commitment to celibacy last? three or four hours?

Hoyts and Jessica are really cute; I hope she doesn't get too excited and sucks all the life out of him.

What is Maryanne? - I thought at first she was like a female Pan or the Goddess Artemis; but I think she's a follower of Dionysus; a Maenad.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby Bloo on Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:57 am

tapehead wrote:Great ep, can't wait for more. I guess I don't really understand why Gabe and dragged Sookie and her 'fiancé' Hugo downstairs to meet their caged vamp - I mean I'm sure I'm about to find out in the next ep, but who tipped off the church that these two were on a mission for the Louisiana Vampires?

How long did Jason's new commitment to celibacy last? three or four hours?

Hoyts and Jessica are really cute; I hope she doesn't get too excited and sucks all the life out of him.

What is Maryanne? - I thought at first she was like a female Pan or the Goddess Artemis; but I think she's a follower of Dionysus; a Maenad.

If they follow the books she's a...well I'm not going tell you but if you look at the previous page, you'll get your answer

which may or may not answer
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby tapehead on Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am

I know what she is Bloo - I worked it out and said so at the end of my post.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby Bloo on Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:12 am

tapehead wrote:I know what she is Bloo - I worked it out and said so at the end of my post.

I was just trying to confirm for ya tape :wink:
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby DaleTremont on Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:38 pm

tapehead wrote:Great ep, can't wait for more. I guess I don't really understand why Gabe and dragged Sookie and her 'fiancé' Hugo downstairs to meet their caged vamp - I mean I'm sure I'm about to find out in the next ep, but who tipped off the church that these two were on a mission for the Louisiana Vampires?

In the "Next on True Blood" segment at the end they seem to hint that there was a vampire traitor in their midst, specifically the one who wanted to throw in the towel on searching for Godric in the episode before last.

By the way Maui that's a good call on the ritual site Tara and Eggs found. To be honest I almost forgot about that murder since they haven't been talking about it much lately.

Also, here is the comic con preview they showed, in which there are what appear to be pretty large spoilers.

i would keep watching this show just for the possibility of one day seeing Eric shirtless...that is all
DaleTremont
Loincloth Bronson

Postby Maui on Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:06 pm

DaleTremont wrote:
In the "Next on True Blood" segment at the end they seem to hint that there was a vampire traitor in their midst, specifically the one who wanted to throw in the towel on searching for Godric in the episode before last.

By the way Maui that's a good call on the ritual site Tara and Eggs found. To be honest I almost forgot about that murder since they haven't been talking about it much lately.

Also, here is the comic con preview they showed, in which there are what appear to be pretty large spoilers.

i would keep watching this show just for the possibility of one day seeing Eric shirtless...that is all

In the books Hugo is the traitor.

Yeah, Eggs is a little more than upset. Did he partake in this sacrificial killing and was it Miss Jeanette? Is he somehow related to her? He does continue to rattle on about how he grew up in Foster homes.

Eric shirtless? You mean like this? Apparently he will reveal more than his upper torso in season 3.

Good news, Debbie Pelt will be in season 3. You thought the show was bad ass now, wait til Debbie Pelt joins the show. :twisted: :twisted:
Maui
WoWie

Postby Maui on Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:17 pm

tapehead wrote:How long did Jason's new commitment to celibacy last? three or four hours?

That's about right. :lol:

I have fond memories of Jason having sex in the garbage behind Merlotte's bar. He was season one's horn dog.
Maui
WoWie

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:40 pm

I'm guessing that Jason is going to be the horn dog of every season.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:44 pm

Maui wrote:In the books Hugo is the traitor.

God I hadn't thought of that and it puts my biggest beef with this episode to rest. Very sly.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby swoop91 on Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:55 pm

Is it possible that Godrick surrendered himself?
swoop91
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby ONeillSG1 on Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:41 pm

So, is Godrick working with the Jesus freaks?

BTW: Every time that preacher smiles, it reminds me of the Soundgarden "Black Hole Sun" music video.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby burlivesleftnut on Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:00 pm

I am thinking that Godric is working with the church to incite a war... maybe. How the heck did Sookie know who he was anyway?
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby ONeillSG1 on Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:12 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:I am thinking that Godric is working with the church to incite a war... maybe. How the heck did Sookie know who he was anyway?

Well, he was the only other vampire in the area close enough to react I guess.

And, well, the writers needed a good teaser to hold us until next week.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby Fievel on Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:07 pm

He didn't look much like the Godric that turned Eric, but then again they weren't standing side-by-side for comparison.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Hermanator X on Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:37 am

Fievel wrote:He didn't look much like the Godric that turned Eric, but then again they weren't standing side-by-side for comparison.

I think running around in a loin cloth went out of fashion a while ago. :wink:

As for him surrendering himself, maybe he did. Hes very old, and maybe just sick of it all. Or as Eric said, nothing human could have taken him, so maybe the church is in league with some other as yet supernatural element that has a grudge with the vamps. I dont think Mary Ann tho, that would be wayyy to convenient.

Edit: Oh yeah, and Jason got shot!!! Dont think its the end of him, what with the muted gunshot sound, and slow-mo.

Maybe one of those wooden bullets we have been hearing so much about? Maybe they do more damage to vamps than humans? A nasty wound sure, but not fatal.

Edit no 2: The best line of the show, which had me howling:

"We know who you have been working for!"

"The road crew?" :lol:
...and so forth.
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF

Postby Bloo on Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:36 am

thank god for HBO2, having a little mini marathon, which I've been needing to do and I really didn't want to hit up the torrents

on ep 4 now
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby tapehead on Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:17 am

Best one of the season - although I suppose opening with a frenzied orgy helps, and the fact that Sookie and Bill were a long way from each other is a big plus for me (really hoping Eric just makes Sookie his bitch real soon; Bill is much more interesting when he's carving it up with his maker). Lafayette got her groove back, Stackhouse boned the preacher's wife, and new vamp Jessica got to finally deflower the almost-thirty year-old virgin. There was one awful scene which almost spoilt it though; Daphne with Sam at the lagoon taking time out to slowly explain Maryanne's whole deal to the audience - boring, obvious and pretty condescending... but I got past it 'cos it seems to be building to a hell of a crescendo for over the next few eps.

Pretty fucking stupid Sookie telling us all that the vamp that turned up to wring the meathead's neck was Godrick - if only the writers would give their audience just a little more credit, this show would be the best thing on at the moment.

I'm hoping Andy Bellefleur gets to freak all of Bon Temp out by bringing their group orgy memories back
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby Maui on Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:36 am

Jason will be OK. The worst injury he will have is a paintball bruise.

As for Godric, in the books he turns himself in to the FotS because of all the sex crimes he has committed. He's looking for some kind of redemption and I guess a bad sunburn is his ticket.

.....and that's the end of Gabe! :twisted:

The dialogue with Sam and Daphne was cringe worthy, very similar to Bill and Sookie's chats. :roll:

I do enjoy the flashbacks of Bill and Lorena. BTW, that was Bill (Stephen Moyer) singing in the flashbacks if you stuck around for the credits.

I wonder when they will introduce Queen Sophie Anne Le Clerq (played by Evan Rachel Wood). She's at the very end of the season 2 comic con trailer. I'm guessing she may make her appearance in the season finale.

I LOVE THIS SHOW!!! :D
Maui
WoWie

Postby Fievel on Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:52 am

tapehead wrote:Lafayette got her groove back

Yes, but no. He's scared shitless and not having fun with himself.
It's a much lesser version of Lafayette.

What did Jason get shot with? I thought it was a taser gun at first (Don't taser me, bro!).

And is Gabe dead or just beaten?
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby stereosforgeeks on Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:53 pm

tapehead wrote:Best one of the season - although I suppose opening with a frenzied orgy helps, and the fact that Sookie and Bill were a long way from each other is a big plus for me (really hoping Eric just makes Sookie his bitch real soon; Bill is much more interesting when he's carving it up with his maker). Lafayette got her groove back, Stackhouse boned the preacher's wife, and new vamp Jessica got to finally deflower the almost-thirty year-old virgin. There was one awful scene which almost spoilt it though; Daphne with Sam at the lagoon taking time out to slowly explain Maryanne's whole deal to the audience - boring, obvious and pretty condescending... but I got past it 'cos it seems to be building to a hell of a crescendo for over the next few eps.

Pretty fucking stupid Sookie telling us all that the vamp that turned up to wring the meathead's neck was Godrick - if only the writers would give their audience just a little more credit, this show would be the best thing on at the moment.

I'm hoping Andy Bellefleur gets to freak all of Bon Temp out by bringing their group orgy memories back

Didnt you think the second flashback with Bill and Lorena ruined what had tons of potential? Bill was a badass once! nope nevermind he was just kidding to fool lorena! Hes always been a fn pussy.

And yes the need to speak directly to the audience is ruining a good show!
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Fievel on Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:54 pm

stereosforgeeks wrote:
tapehead wrote:Best one of the season - although I suppose opening with a frenzied orgy helps, and the fact that Sookie and Bill were a long way from each other is a big plus for me (really hoping Eric just makes Sookie his bitch real soon; Bill is much more interesting when he's carving it up with his maker). Lafayette got her groove back, Stackhouse boned the preacher's wife, and new vamp Jessica got to finally deflower the almost-thirty year-old virgin. There was one awful scene which almost spoilt it though; Daphne with Sam at the lagoon taking time out to slowly explain Maryanne's whole deal to the audience - boring, obvious and pretty condescending... but I got past it 'cos it seems to be building to a hell of a crescendo for over the next few eps.

Didnt you think the second flashback with Bill and Lorena ruined what had tons of potential? Bill was a badass once! nope nevermind he was just kidding to fool lorena! Hes always been a fn pussy.

I agree with both your statements.

I think they could have made his "re-humanization" a little stronger.

And Sam should have just shot her point blank, if that would have killed her.

Why didn't Andy fall under the orgy spell?
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby stereosforgeeks on Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:06 pm

Fievel wrote:
stereosforgeeks wrote:

I agree with both your statements.

I think they could have made his "re-humanization" a little stronger.

And Sam should have just shot her point blank, if that would have killed her.

Why didn't Andy fall under the orgy spell?

They should have led us on a bit longer and actually had him be bad for a bit. it would have made it an actual rehumanization and make us think ooo he was bad after he got turned? what made him good again? limitless potential in that situation. If this was a fault of the book they shouldve changed it.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

PreviousNext

Return to Coaxial