True Blood (Now w/ 100% More e!)

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Re: True Blood (Now w/ 100% More e!)

Postby swoop91 on Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:11 am

Snow Apple wrote:So the cousin, have we seen her or heard of her before? Bill knew exactly who she was and I swear I've never seen her or heard Sookie talk about her. If we non-book readers know, is she a vampire or human...right now? If she is brand new to us I'm excited. It opens up some shadiness, because what did Bill know of Sookie before they met? Or maybe she's not a new character I just have a bad memory.

Can't wait for Marianne to DIE! And she better die.

You have bad memory, go watch all episodes again and then tell us how you feel. with pink letters. big pink letters.
swoop91
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby ONeillSG1 on Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:06 pm

swoop91 wrote:
Snow Apple wrote:So the cousin, have we seen her or heard of her before? Bill knew exactly who she was and I swear I've never seen her or heard Sookie talk about her. If we non-book readers know, is she a vampire or human...right now? If she is brand new to us I'm excited. It opens up some shadiness, because what did Bill know of Sookie before they met? Or maybe she's not a new character I just have a bad memory.

You have bad memory, go watch all episodes again and then tell us how you feel. with pink letters. big pink letters.

Win.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby swoop91 on Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:55 am

Thank you. I tried to do my best, not everyone here tries to do their best. :wink:
swoop91
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:13 am

I thought the season got off with a bang that carried it through the first third of the season but they started spinning wheels about halfway through the trip to Dallas. The weak resolution to that storyline didn't help much. It seems like someone plotted out the season and said, "Shit, I have to stretch this out to 12 episodes. A ha! Filler!" Then we get Jason and Andy talking in the truck. Several bits of dialog this season have had me rolling my eyes. I still like the show and will be back next season but I sure hope they bring more focus to it.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Bloo on Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:33 am

Tyrone_Shoelaces wrote:I thought the season got off with a bang that carried it through the first third of the season but they started spinning wheels about halfway through the trip to Dallas. The weak resolution to that storyline didn't help much. It seems like someone plotted out the season and said, "Shit, I have to stretch this out to 12 episodes. A ha! Filler!" Then we get Jason and Andy talking in the truck. Several bits of dialog this season have had me rolling my eyes. I still like the show and will be back next season but I sure hope they bring more focus to it.

dude the source material is called "LIVING DEAD IN DALLAS" and takes primarly in *gasp* Dallas...all the shit in Bon Temps wasn't in the book that came from Ball's imagination
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby swoop91 on Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:51 am

I just hope next season goes on like a flashback, sookie in highschool where we meet all the cool characters, gran, Tara, Tara's mom, Sookie and Jason!
swoop91
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby tapehead on Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:31 am

swoop91 wrote:I just hope next season goes on like a flashback, sookie in highschool where we meet all the cool characters, gran, Tara, Tara's mom, Sookie and Jason!

I would be happy to tune in for some of this action, unlikely as it would appear to be a possibility...
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby Hermanator X on Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:45 am

tapehead wrote:
swoop91 wrote:I just hope next season goes on like a flashback, sookie in highschool where we meet all the cool characters, gran, Tara, Tara's mom, Sookie and Jason!

I would be happy to tune in for some of this action, unlikely as it would appear to be a possibility...

Maybe she could have a romance with a vamp while at highschool, he could even be pretending to be a student the same age as sookie. It practically writes itself.....
...and so forth.
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF

Postby swoop91 on Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:28 am

Hermanator X wrote:
tapehead wrote:

Maybe she could have a romance with a vamp while at highschool, he could even be pretending to be a student the same age as sookie. It practically writes itself.....

Or a family of hot siblings and young adoptive parents moves in, and she gets hots for one of the lonely single sons?
swoop91
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby Fievel on Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:00 am

I thought that the finale wasn't a fantastic "holy shit!" episode, but it had a great beginning and I liked how it showed the after-effects before it set up the next season.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Bloo on Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:15 am

I heard some people complaining abot the finale, I haven't watched it yet
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby stereosforgeeks on Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:09 am

The major problem was the Maryanne thing felt wrapped up too quickly. IN fact that whole storyline was pretty redundant most of the time despite the best efforts of Michele Forbes who was awesome.

After the rushed climax everything goes back to normal and it totally feels like "aww shucks thats just Bon Temps ;) ;) nudge nudge". Some of the storylines they set up have potential but Tara grieving over Eggs seems trite and he was ridiculous anyway with his demeanor before he was killed. It will be interesting to see Jessica act out but I want her and Hoyt back together as they are the most sincere pairing in the show. I still hate Sookie and Bill. Honestly I think Bills proposal was just a way to prevent others from taking her. It's like a studly dude that gets lucky enough to date a hot woman he'll want to lock that shit down fast.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Fievel on Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:20 am

stereosforgeeks wrote:Some of the storylines they set up have potential but Tara grieving over Eggs seems trite and he was ridiculous anyway with his demeanor before he was killed.

True.
But another effect of that incident is Andy's stepping up to take the blame/credit for shooting Eggs. This came shortly after he confessed to Jason that he had never shot anyone before.
I almost wish they would have tacked the beginning of the finale onto the preceding episode so that the could have used those twenty minutes to go further into "the morning after" in the town.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby stereosforgeeks on Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:26 am

Fievel wrote:
stereosforgeeks wrote:Some of the storylines they set up have potential but Tara grieving over Eggs seems trite and he was ridiculous anyway with his demeanor before he was killed.

True.
But another effect of that incident is Andy's stepping up to take the blame/credit for shooting Eggs. This came shortly after he confessed to Jason that he had never shot anyone before.
I almost wish they would have tacked the beginning of the finale onto the preceding episode so that the could have used those twenty minutes to go further into "the morning after" in the town.

That might have worked because we wouldnt have had the expectation of a big epic battle they seemed to be promising all season that just fizzled. If the first 30 minutes were placed at the end of last episode it would have felt longer and tenser too. Also, we would have known this episode was going to be the denouement and adjusted accordingly.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Snow Apple on Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:47 am

swoop91 wrote:

Thanks for your help fucktard.
Snow Apple
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Postby swoop91 on Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:14 am

This was the fucking worst season end ever. All the fucking maenade shit, too much of lore, too few of it, then all acted and being played off like shit.

Part with Hoyt (is it him?) and his mom was acted great on his behalf as a character, rest is pure puke.

Jason was okay, but him and that detective, they shouldn't have gotten changed, they should have been just captured and held.

Tara, and that Eggs guy. Both chars and actors should be shot, butchered, cut into small pieces, burned, then spread their ashes on a sacred ground and just salt it for insurance. twice.
Shes just 100% pure horse shit.

They turned nice show into shitty show with nice intro song.
swoop91
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby swoop91 on Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:33 am

Snow Apple wrote:Thanks for your help fucktard.

Nice stick letter color.
swoop91
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby Ironical on Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:08 pm

Can someone who's not a total asshole answer Snow's question 'cos I was actually wondering the same thing. I don't remember her being mentioned before? Did her and her gran have a discussion about a cousin in S1? Does Sookie know Bill knows her?

Thanks in advance to whoever answers for not being a total dick for no reason whatsoever!
Just because I don't wanna war with you, don't mean go warm up the barbecue.
My high noon is a quick little minute, I don't want to spend it sitting with a critic, who simply isn't going to ever really get it.
Ironical
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby Snow Apple on Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:40 pm

swoop91 wrote:
Snow Apple wrote:Thanks for your help fucktard.

Nice stick letter color.

I know it's pretty right? It is so fucking funny that you are pointing out I use big pink letters. I think you might make me laugh more than Kirk.
Snow Apple
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Postby Fievel on Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:46 pm

Ironical wrote:Can someone who's not a total asshole answer Snow's question 'cos I was actually wondering the same thing. I don't remember her being mentioned before? Did her and her gran have a discussion about a cousin in S1? Does Sookie know Bill knows her?

Thanks in advance to whoever answers for not being a total dick for no reason whatsoever!

I was going to say that we have never heard of her before, but your question of the possible conversation between Sookie and Gran about her makes me wonder....
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Snow Apple on Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:00 pm

Well I guess swoop knows he just doesn't want to tell us. Maybe he's only here to talk shit.
Snow Apple
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Postby Ironical on Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:02 pm

Fievel wrote:
Ironical wrote:Can someone who's not a total asshole answer Snow's question 'cos I was actually wondering the same thing. I don't remember her being mentioned before? Did her and her gran have a discussion about a cousin in S1? Does Sookie know Bill knows her?

I was going to say that we have never heard of her before, but your question of the possible conversation between Sookie and Gran about her makes me wonder....

I have this weird feeling that they talked about her running off with vampires or something. But I'm also not sure if i'm just inventing that. And if that's the case, why do Sookie and Jason always talk about having no family?

Either way, thanks Fievel!
Just because I don't wanna war with you, don't mean go warm up the barbecue.
My high noon is a quick little minute, I don't want to spend it sitting with a critic, who simply isn't going to ever really get it.
Ironical
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby Fievel on Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:03 pm

Snow Apple wrote:Well I guess swoop knows he just doesn't want to tell us. Maybe he's only here to talk shit.

If there's a General Poop/Shit/Fecal Matter thread somewhere, I'd like to know.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby swoop91 on Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:56 am

Ironical wrote:
Fievel wrote:

I have this weird feeling that they talked about her running off with vampires or something. But I'm also not sure if i'm just inventing that. And if that's the case, why do Sookie and Jason always talk about having no family?

Either way, thanks Fievel!

They never talked about her. Ever.
swoop91
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby Snow Apple on Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:24 am

Okay now I give you a genuine thank you. I like that she's new to us and it makes boring Bill shady.
Snow Apple
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Postby Bloo on Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:57 am

just an FYI in the books she just shows up too out of no where--like she's a family secret or something
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby Snow Apple on Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:16 am

Okay now it all seems less confusing. Thanks Bloo.
Snow Apple
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Postby Bloo on Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:34 am

Snow Apple wrote:Okay now it all seems less confusing. Thanks Bloo.

no problem, I do suggest reading the books, they are strangely addicting
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby stereosforgeeks on Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:07 pm

Bloo wrote:just an FYI in the books she just shows up too out of no where--like she's a family secret or something

Thats not true they mention her within the first 75 pages of book 1 ;)
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Bloo on Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:10 pm

stereosforgeeks wrote:
Bloo wrote:just an FYI in the books she just shows up too out of no where--like she's a family secret or something

really? I must have missed that part, need to reread book 1 though, I loaned it out to a friend back in late January (who still hasn't read it)
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby stereosforgeeks on Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:10 pm

Bloo wrote:
stereosforgeeks wrote:

really? I must have missed that part, need to reread book 1 though, I loaned it out to a friend back in late January (who still hasn't read it)

Hadley is just briefly mentioned as belonging to same subculture that spawned the Ratrays. I only know as I just started book 1 yesterday.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Bloo on Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:12 pm

stereosforgeeks wrote:
Bloo wrote:
stereosforgeeks wrote:

Hadley is just briefly mentioned as belonging to same subculture that spawned the Ratrays. I only know as I just started book 1 yesterday.

gotcha--thanks for the clarification, like I said I read it once in like Jan. and loaned it to a friend
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby Fievel on Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:43 pm

Info About Next Season

I don't think there are major spoilers... but click at your own risk (just coverin' my ass)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Pacino86845 on Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:42 pm

Haven't read up on this thread yet, I finally watched the first two episodes of season 2. I really liked the first season, the show despite its warts has a glorious trashiness to it that I appreciate. Also it has one of the best opening credit sequences EVAR!

Season 2 starts off a bit slow, it's sort of transitioning from the end of season 1. It was really cool that we had a bunch of new elements coming in toward the end of the first season, because ultimately the serial killer's identity wasn't that interesting (they rarely are in these types of stories, so kudos to the author/show creators).

Glad that Lafayette is still alive: best character on the show for sure!

But there are some good runner-ups: Jason Stackhouse is always hilarious, but it looks like his sister took over the gratuitous sex duties... Paquin has a cute little bod so it's not a bad deal.

I am totally digging the red head. 17 years old my arse!! *Convinces himself that impure thoughts are legal in most states and countries*
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby John-Locke on Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:51 pm

Pacino86845 wrote:I am totally digging the red head. 17 years old my arse!! *Convinces himself that impure thoughts are legal in most states and countries*

John-Locke wrote:
Tyrone_Shoelaces wrote:I'd like to point out how much I like looking at Jessica.

Me Too
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Pacino86845 on Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:31 pm

*Drool*

Done with episode 3... holy fuck is Bill the vampire annoying!! Man he is going too far pushing our lovely red-head around!!!

But if one character had to get with our favorite red-head, I'm glad it was Hoyt. Poor fella's had something nice coming to him for a long time.

Michelle Forbes is one awesome, supernatural, vibrating cougar.

Minotaurs. Holy fuck!
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby Pacino86845 on Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:51 pm

stereosforgeeks wrote:Bills proposal was just a way to prevent others from taking her. It's like a studly dude that gets lucky enough to date a hot woman he'll want to lock that shit down fast.

BWAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Ok so I finally finished season 2... holy shit instead of "True Blood: Season 2" we should all refer to it as "True Blood: Evil Dead 2"!!!

Now I didn't have to wait between episodes to there was no time to speculate or have expectations, but the season played really well all together with a couple of meandering moments.

But for the most part it was BAT-SHIT CRAZY!!!

Godric was the sleeper surprise of the season for me, and that's saying A LOT!! It's really weird that while I can find fault with different aspects of the show, so many little elements give me joy. But I digress.

Godric's arc wasn't lame at all (not sure if I detected sarcasm in some people's reactions)... he wasn't whiny or pouty, his suicide came across as more of an "enlightenment." He didn't even come across as being self-loathing, although he was SADDENED by the general inability for vampires to evolve. It's like by being such an old fucker (older than Jesus, yo!) he accrued so much wisdom that he was no longer able to even communicate it to the others. I really saw his death as an ascension of sorts. What an awesome little arc.

Jason Stackhouse, even though he was sort of demoted to one-liners about half-way through the season, provided welcome levity, and I love how he and Andy think they're the heroes of Bon Temps!!! That entire aspect of this season I thought harkened to the end of Return of the King (the book, not the movie), when the Hobbits go back to the shire to fight off Saruman... with a twist, of course... but there are parallels to be drawn and that makes it more hilarious for me (compare Jason and Andy to Frodo and Sam).

Sookie and Bill were totally annoying the entire season...

Eric really shone in Dallas, too bad he got stuck playend Yahtze, LOL!

So what about next season? Why is the queen selling Vee? Who kidnapped Bill? Eric, someone else?

Michelle Forbes was terrific throughout, the parallel storyline really didn't bother me, at least the Bon Temps parts didn't have Sookie and Bill for a while.
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:23 pm

Pacino86845 wrote:It's really weird that while I can find fault with different aspects of the show, so many little elements give me joy.

This is the whole show in a nutshell for me. There are plenty of things about this show that annoy me, sometimes very important things (like the 2 leads, though they don't annoy me nearly as much as they do many of you). But overall there are so many little things about this show that I love...which at the end of the day greatly outweigh the annoyances.

I can't wait for Season 3.
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby DaleTremont on Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:57 am

Nice summary of season 2, Pacino! I'm not exactly irritated by Bill and Sookie, I just think they're both dopey as fuck. It might be the accents.

One guy I have to give props to is the one who plays Terry (I think that's his name.) In any case the one who works at Merlotte's and was in Iraq. In that episode when they all attack Jason and Andy I thought he was hilarious. He hasn't had any major involvement in any major plots thus far, but I hope he's still around next season.

I'm curious to know what people's thoughts are on Evan Rachel Wood as the Queen? I've heard reactions range from mild to full blown hate. Personally, although her delivery is cheesy as fuck (reminiscent of high school drama), I think it kind of works for her. Plus she certainly looks the part.

One thing I'm not clear on (maybe they make it more obvious in the books) is how she got to be royalty in the first place. It kind of seems like she's actually younger than Eric. I know she mentioned something about how people tasted just before the Industrial Revolution, but I guess that doesn't necessarily mean she was turned then.

As to the selling V, my best guess is that she wants to reap the profits from what has become a major drug trade. I guess that seems pretty obvious, but better control the distribution of it than have a bunch of yahoos kidnap vampires, take the blood, and sell it themselves. Maybe she wants to become the Pablo Escobar of V. That or maybe some longer term conspiracy, getting people in the thrall of vampires by getting them hooked on their blood.
DaleTremont
Loincloth Bronson

Postby Bloo on Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:40 am

Dale it's been awhile since I've read the books, but if I remember correctly Sophie Anne is older then Eric, in that she was turned years before Eric was, I don't remember how they become royalty though
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby Pacino86845 on Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:00 am

But she's not as old as Godric was, 'cause I remember Eric saying Godric was the oldest vampire in the Americas... in any case, just like in real-life, I am guessing royalty is not merit or age-based, but rather has only to do with bloodline. Perhaps the Queen is a more direct "descendant" of the original/oldest vampire.

I didn't really care for the Queen though... I think Evan Rachel Wood played the bored monarch fairly well, but the character has not been that interesting so far. Not even comical.

Actually in that episode when Bill finally arrives to the Queen's mansion and all we see is a woman's leg with blood sliding down, I thought THAT was the Queen! I thought the Queen was some sexy-ass naked lady with blood all over her and in a perpetual seductive pose. When it turns out it's just another southern bourgeoise it deflated the surprise a tad and I lost interest.

And as for selling Vee, I'm guessing something nefarious is going on, like maybe later on it's going to be tainted Vee on the streets. Turn everyone to Leprechauns.
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby stereosforgeeks on Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:34 am

Pacino86845 wrote:But she's not as old as Godric was, 'cause I remember Eric saying Godric was the oldest vampire in the Americas... in any case, just like in real-life, I am guessing royalty is not merit or age-based, but rather has only to do with bloodline. Perhaps the Queen is a more direct "descendant" of the original/oldest vampire.

Based on what Ive read in the books so far it seems to be purely political. though to be in the game you need to be old. You can be old and not interested in a position however.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:24 am

I think Vampires are, boring!
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:48 pm

I seem to remember the queen mentioning that Eric was the oldest vampire under her rule, which I took to mean he was older than her.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby John-Locke on Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:31 pm

Season 3 Minisodes

Only one up so far but it's whetted my appetite for more
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby DaleTremont on Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:01 pm

John-Locke wrote:Season 3 Minisodes

Only one up so far but it's whetted my appetite for more

Word!

God I love it when Eric gives orders in Swedish.
DaleTremont
Loincloth Bronson

Postby Fievel on Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:12 pm

Holy crap that was hilarious!!!!
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Maui on Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:18 pm

Looks like True Blood is taking cues from "So You Think You Can Dance". Kidding.

Looks great.
Maui
WoWie

Postby Bloo on Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:22 pm

that was awesome
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby John-Locke on Wed May 05, 2010 11:28 pm

Brilliant
John-Locke