True Blood (Now w/ 100% More e!)

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Re: True Blood (Now w/ 100% More e!)

Postby ONeillSG1 on Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:39 pm

TheBaxter wrote:maybe he'd be more interesting if he didn't have to share all his scenes with tara.

THIS.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby swoop91 on Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:51 am

This was some funny SHIT.

Lafayette and Jesus :)))))))))))))))

Franklin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jason shirtless, that dog aswell.. :D
swoop91
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby stereosforgeeks on Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:25 pm

I loved the crazy TXT. Im not sure what point it served but it was hilarious.

The main plot of this series has been really good so far this yr. Alcide, Franklin, Talbot, etc... Even Bill and SOOKEH are good.

The town stuff again is very hit and miss. I think the Jesus and Lafayette courting thing was nice. Hopefully this is a nice normally relationship for Lafayette.

Sams storyline seems like it belonged on My Name Is Earl. It was nice to see the little bro hit on Jessica though. Please give Jessica something to do!

Tara, as usual is awful, though her pleading about not being able to eat lilacs was really funny.

The Arlene baby story has been done a million times on other shows but Terry has really grounded it and make it work (at least his reaction it). It seems like Arlene is going the way of the novels =[.

I dont know what to think of Jasons story so far.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Fievel on Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:31 pm

stereosforgeeks wrote:I loved the crazy TXT. Im not sure what point it served but it was hilarious.

The main plot of this series has been really good so far this yr. Alcide, Franklin, Talbot, etc... Even Bill and SOOKEH are good.

The town stuff again is very hit and miss. I think the Jesus and Lafayette courting thing was nice. Hopefully this is a nice normally relationship for Lafayette.

Sams storyline seems like it belonged on My Name Is Earl. It was nice to see the little bro hit on Jessica though. Please give Jessica something to do!

Tara, as usual is awful, though her pleading about not being able to eat lilacs was really funny.

The Arlene baby story has been done a million times on other shows but Terry has really grounded it and make it work (at least his reaction it). It seems like Arlene is going the way of the novels =[.

I dont know what to think of Jasons story so far.

I'm liking the main story as well. So much better than last year's!

I do not get the Sam's family stuff one bit. Some fucked up shit is being hinted at between the father and son........ and that's all I'm gonna say about that.

Terry FTW!! I felt bad for him last season when under the influence of the maenad because he was completely coherent..... well at least more than normal. But it's hard to not watch the show regularly and not feel good for him and Arlene. I just wish she'd come out with her pregnancy. Seems like a silly thing to hide.

Jessica working at Merlot's.... too awesome. I'd like to see/hear what it's like there with her, Arlene, Tara, and Sookie all working.

Lafayette... playin' coy... too funny.

The Jason/Cop story is horrible. Too much :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: to handle at the moment. Curious about the girl though....
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby DaleTremont on Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:30 pm

I really loved that last episode. More vampire politics, more viking Eric, and more Franklin! He's the best new character on the show, imo. True Blood is best when twisted, sadistic, and hilarious, all of which seems to involve the vampire folk more than the town folk this season. Sam's story seems like it's headed toward twisted but isn't at all funny. Jason's story is supposed to be funny but isn't. I know this shouldn't be an issue but I read an interview with all the main True Blood actors and Ryan Kwanten just seemed like such a pretentious dope. I think it tainted my view of his character.

I kind of feel like Tara should be made a vampire, even though that probably won't happen. I honestly don't know how much more shit they can put her character through so it might be the only way for her to go in a new direction.

The thing with LaFayette was sweet. It's nice to see him show a more sensitive side.

I heard a rumor that Jesus might be something supernatural. Since it seems Crystal is also possibly something more or less than human, along with the mysterious business of Sam's Dad and Sookie's powers, it seems like every new character is sort of like Maryanne in that we're supposed to be scratching our heads over what manner of life form they are. So, here it goes, True Blood writers, I'm going to solve all the mysteries in one elegant stroke of genius!

Jesus is a homosexual incubus.
Sam's dad is the jailer for a Rat King who lives in the sewer.
Crystal is a mermaid.
Sookie is a jedi.

Nailed it!
DaleTremont
Loincloth Bronson

Postby Maui on Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:02 pm

stereosforgeeks wrote:
Sams storyline seems like it belonged on My Name Is Earl.

:lol:

stereosforgeeks wrote:I dont know what to think of Jasons story so far.

It's a bit lame right now with the filing, paperclip nonsense and car washing HOWEVER it will get interesting once he gets more involved with Crystal and the Hotshot freaks.
Maui
WoWie

Postby Fievel on Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:49 pm

Maui wrote:It's a bit lame right now with the filing, paperclip nonsense and car washing HOWEVER it will get interesting once he gets more involved with Crystal and the Hotshot freaks.

Silence, bookreader!!!
We know nothing and we like it!!!!!!

:wink:
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby stereosforgeeks on Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:05 pm

Maui wrote:It's a bit lame right now with the filing, paperclip nonsense and car washing HOWEVER it will get interesting once he gets more involved with Crystal and the Hotshot freaks.

Yeah the Crystal/Hotshot stuff should be good! The woman that plays Crystal is skinny as hell.

Brit Morgan looks so trashy as Debbie Pelt! She was adorable on middleman.

Right now she hasn't been much more than the stereotypical redneck biker chick but hopefully Morgan gets to show some actual range soon. Shes one of my favorite characters in the books.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby DaleTremont on Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:54 pm

DaleTremont
Loincloth Bronson

Postby TheBaxter on Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:17 pm

stereosforgeeks wrote:Brit Morgan looks so trashy as Debbie Pelt! She was adorable on middleman.

Right now she hasn't been much more than the stereotypical redneck biker chick but hopefully Morgan gets to show some actual tits soon.

corrected.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Fievel on Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:34 pm

I am enjoying this season SO MUCH MORE than last year's. Every little story line happening is intriguing.

So what was the deal with Bill in the sun? Did the trees block enough of it so that he didn't completely burn or is something else happening?
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby stereosforgeeks on Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:19 pm

Fievel wrote:I am enjoying this season SO MUCH MORE than last year's. Every little story line happening is intriguing.

So what was the deal with Bill in the sun? Did the trees block enough of it so that he didn't completely burn or is something else happening?

My guess is Sookies super blood made him immune for a bit.

Loving Claudine though the sequence was a bit too over the top even for TB.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Jakester on Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:08 am

Pam made an awesome guest appearance on Jessica's blog, too: http://www.babyvamp-jessica.com
Jakester
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby DaleTremont on Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:22 am

stereosforgeeks wrote:
Fievel wrote:I am enjoying this season SO MUCH MORE than last year's. Every little story line happening is intriguing.

My guess is Sookies super blood made him immune for a bit.

Loving Claudine though the sequence was a bit too over the top even for TB.

To me it kind of looked like Sookie stumbled onto Hefner's secret new age co-ed grotto.

Completely stoopid...but I never mind that about True Blood.

Also...I'm going to miss "Ribs for a Hat" Lorena.
DaleTremont
Loincloth Bronson

Postby Maui on Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:24 pm

DaleTremont wrote:
Also...I'm going to miss "Ribs for a Hat" Lorena.

Me too - Lorena and Pam are my favourite femme fatales on the show and now all we have left is Pam. I thought the post mortem this week (a tribute to Bill and Lorena's violent history) was hilarious and an excellent farewell to her character.
Maui
WoWie

Postby DaleTremont on Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:24 am

I'm not sure what to say about this last episode except...I am never watching True Blood with my mother again.
DaleTremont
Loincloth Bronson

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:57 pm

DaleTremont wrote:I'm not sure what to say about this last episode except...I am never watching True Blood with my mother again.

it took you this long to figure that out?
at least it wasn't the episode where he had twisty-head sex with lorena
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Bob Samonkey on Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:42 pm

No way... Way

Nothing has made me laugh and cringe at the same time in a long time.

And Tara, how can anyone twitch that much? How is that possible? I swear she is attached to some type of taser....
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby DaleTremont on Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:10 pm

TheBaxter wrote:
DaleTremont wrote:I'm not sure what to say about this last episode except...I am never watching True Blood with my mother again.

it took you this long to figure that out?
at least it wasn't the episode where he had twisty-head sex with lorena

Yeah I saw that one with her too :oops:

I got her hooked on True Blood when it was weird but now its just plain kinky. I think I'd feel embarrassed watching it alone.

Best line of the season last night though:

"But a special kunt..."
DaleTremont
Loincloth Bronson

Postby Fievel on Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:26 pm

That was some pretty hard bumpin' of the uglies there at the end. Thought I had accidentally switched to Showtime or Cinemax after hours.
Other than that.... another great episode. Good to see Eric's starting his revenge.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Nice Marmot on Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:03 am

That felt like the longest episode ever. As if I watched 2 in a row. A ton of stuff went down.

I'm glad Eric only gave that guy the WOODEN stake. Bet he didn't think he'd be saving Bill's life.
Nice Marmot
REAL DRAGON

Postby ONeillSG1 on Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:09 pm

Oh it's on like Donkey Kong now. Who-ee!!!
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby Nice Marmot on Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:58 pm

I like the way its moving along now. The beginning of the season felt off, somehow.

The only thing I am not feeling now is this secret garden of women out to protect Sookie and her light.
Nice Marmot
REAL DRAGON

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:58 pm

it's moving along better now, which i like. hoping for some big-time vampire war between russell and the authorities.
(by the way, every time they refer to the 'authority' i can't help but hear cartman in my head going 'respect mah authoritay!')

i wish they would just fucking tell us what the hell sookie is though. they've teased it, first with eric and then with bill finding out. it's getting annoying to have someone new in each episode find out "what sookie is" while we're kept in the dark. probably won't reveal it to the last episode, those bastards.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby RaulMonkey on Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:01 pm

Yeah, I'm feeling more annoyed than tickled with the "teases" about WTF Sookie is and WTF Crystal and her family are. Last season's go 'round with WTF Marianne is was enough.

If anyone who's read the books would be so kind to post in spoiler-text, without spoiling too much else, the nature of Sookie's powers and the deal with Crystal's kin, I would happily be enlightened.

Ohp! Great minds, Bax.

Edit--I won't feel like I'm peeking at my presents before Christmas or anything. Half the people who watch the show have read the books anyway, and in this instance I am making the considered decision to "read" a limited part of those books, via the efforts of a Zoner pal like Maui or Bloo.

Edit 2--Maybe PM me so that others won't be tempted to read the spoiler-text. TheBaxter may be a masochist, willing to let Alan Ball dangle the secret over him for another month.

I'm less anxious now that I see there are only three or four episodes left, but "in for a penny, in for a pounding." (Thanks for that one, Kirk.)
RaulMonkey
ZONE AMBASSADOR

Postby Maui on Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:51 pm

Raul, I've got the 411. Check your PM. :D
Maui
WoWie

Postby swoop91 on Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:10 pm

can i get a pm too please? :)

Btw whats with the shower and sex scenes, whats next, that awful crystal and dunno, that french dude from s1?
swoop91
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby RaulMonkey on Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:34 pm

Thanks a bunch, Maus! Just the right amount of information. :D

Man, it feels good to have that cleared up. No regrets.

I've kindly quoted your PM to Mr. 91.
RaulMonkey
ZONE AMBASSADOR

Postby Bloo on Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:05 pm

DAMN
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby DaleTremont on Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:15 am

This season has been uneven but when it's good, it's fucking great, like for example Russell's interrupting live TV to pronounce his war on humans. That was hysterical.

But I agree all these little cliffhangers about Sookeh's identity are getting old...at this point anything will feel anti-climactic.
DaleTremont
Loincloth Bronson

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:18 am

Bloo wrote:Image

DAMN

well... i certainly wasn't expecting that.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby swoop91 on Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:10 am

Can we start making donations to writers so they can kill Tara?
swoop91
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby Nice Marmot on Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:50 pm

I wouldn't say I want Tara killed, but they need to get on w/ her storyline. We GET IT, she's a quivering, blubbering mess. Fix her already.
Nice Marmot
REAL DRAGON

Postby stereosforgeeks on Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:07 pm

DaleTremont wrote:Image

This season has been uneven but when it's good, it's fucking great, like for example Russell's interrupting live TV to pronounce his war on humans. That was hysterical.

But I agree all these little cliffhangers about Sookeh's identity are getting old...at this point anything will feel anti-climactic.

Way better than last season. Basically everything in the town last yr sucked.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Bob Samonkey on Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:52 pm

swoop91 wrote:Can we start making donations to writers so they can kill Tara?

Nice Marmot wrote:I wouldn't say I want Tara killed, but they need to get on w/ her storyline. We GET IT, she's a quivering, blubbering mess. Fix her already.

I am sorry but I have started chanting "die die die die" every time she is on the screen....

It the facial seizures that bother me the most...
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby Brit Pop on Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:15 am

This season absolutely pisses all over S2 - although 2 was still good TV.

For me this season has been just fangtastic (fucking worst 'see what I did there' ever!!!), it has everything - completely bonkers vampires... bad-ass were-bitches... other things too spoilery to mention here... and of course - bizarre sexual practices.... seemingly all the bloody time.

Nearly all of the storylines are top drawer- except for Tara, not too keen on the Hotshot family, and Sookies jibbering cousin aint too great.

My favorite character by far is Franklin Mott, expertly deranged by James Frain - everytime he came on screen I was laughing because he was just so bat-shit crazy...

"Don’t say that, women say that... everything goes black and I wake up surrounded by body parts."

I must remember that line if I ever get to the bar late and they've rang last orders!
Brit Pop
AIRWOLF

Postby swoop91 on Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:04 pm

First min was fun. Rest of it was mostly shitty.

Except the time when Jason confessed to Tara. I just hope she hangs herself in the garden in the next ep.

So Sam has issues with people he killed. So does Jason. Tara gets laid and people get killed. Sookie doesn't have issues with people she killed.
Tommy got hit in the face.

GO TEAM HOYT! GO TEAM HOYT
swoop91
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby Maui on Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:24 pm

Was that Sam's evil twin? :lol:

Next week, we find out that Terry is a serial killer.
Maui
WoWie

Postby Fievel on Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:02 pm

I caught up with the past two episodes last night.
Russell.... :shock:
Lafayette... :oops:
Pam.... :P (who knew she had any emotion?)
Sam's brother... :roll:
Eric.... 8-)

This season makes me forget about last season.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby ONeillSG1 on Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:54 am

Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:
swoop91 wrote:Can we start making donations to writers so they can kill Tara?

Nice Marmot wrote:I wouldn't say I want Tara killed, but they need to get on w/ her storyline. We GET IT, she's a quivering, blubbering mess. Fix her already.

I am sorry but I have started chanting "die die die die" every time she is on the screen....

It the facial seizures that bother me the most...

Add Lafayette and his mother, and you've just created A SUPERB SHOW.

EDIT: BTW, Hoyt's left jab to Tommy was PRICELESS. Looked so stiff and WWE like, it was instantly AWESOME.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby Fievel on Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:29 am

Ohhhhhhh what a cliffhanger of an ending!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby ONeillSG1 on Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:51 pm

Fievel wrote:Ohhhhhhh what a cliffhanger of an ending!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

DITTO!
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby Nice Marmot on Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:39 pm

OK, make room for me on the kill off Tara bandwagon. And now that she's back w/ Sam, just off him too. Apparently they just can' t find a reason for me to care about these 2 this season.
Nice Marmot
REAL DRAGON

Postby Fievel on Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:32 pm

Nice Marmot wrote:OK, make room for me on the kill off Tara bandwagon. And now that she's back w/ Sam, just off him too. Apparently they just can' t find a reason for me to care about these 2 this season.

I have loathed Tara for a long time now. Every time I think they'll give her something to make her character even vaguely likable...... BAM!!!..... some shit happens to make her even more miserable.

I'm hoping there's a purpose for Sam's drinking binge outbursts. I really do.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby swoop91 on Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:05 am

Also I wish to see some Were - sex. Like werewolf raping a werepanther. That would be awesome.
Nothing better than some furry action :D

DIE TARA DIE DIE DIE. And when will Andy start chugging V? Its about frakkin' time.

Also, that V shit makes me wonder, does it induce "visions" only when you're healthy, since to all the people who drank it while they were
injured didn't do shit, or atleast we weren't told about it.

Anyways, Tara Die Die Bandwagon is becoming a comfy zone for alot of people by now :D
swoop91
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:26 am

Nice Marmot wrote:OK, make room for me on the kill off Tara bandwagon. And now that she's back w/ Sam, just off him too. Apparently they just can' t find a reason for me to care about these 2 this season.

i kinda liked sam until this season, when he turned into a complete and total asshole for no apparent reason. unexplained character shifts are never a good sign for any show.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby papalazeru on Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:41 pm

I will only allow this Tara hatred to carry on if she dies after having lots of episodes where she has lots of Sex.

She needs to get naked some more, I'm surprised Anna Paquin hasn't caught her death of cold from the amount of times she strips.

Also, maybe seeing some Pam action could be cool.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby stereosforgeeks on Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:24 pm

papalazeru wrote:I will only allow this Tara hatred to carry on if she dies after having lots of episodes where she has lots of Sex.

That is bloody disgusting! Get her and her gross recessed quivvering chin off my damn tv. She doesnt even have a nice body. Shes like a skinny black man with boobs.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby swoop91 on Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:35 pm

Or not so skinny black man with smaller than average boobs.

I'd like her to die, maybe I haven't said enough times already. Or atleast make her get her head shaved by pam and then raped
by inbreed werepanthers on meth.

That would be cool. Double Cousin can eat her then.
swoop91
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby stereosforgeeks on Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:45 pm

swoop91 wrote:Or not so skinny black man with smaller than average boobs.

I think we are agreed. She has a man body-type.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

PreviousNext

Return to Coaxial