True Blood (Now w/ 100% More e!)

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Re: True Blood (Now w/ 100% More e!)

Postby Nice Marmot on Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:38 pm

Tara's got a cute enough face, but she's got some freakly skinny, skin & bones shins. From the knees down she could be some kind of bird.

Jessica is who we need to see in the buff. Man! Too bad they are selling her as 17 years old. Sure sign she isn't stripping any time soon.

Flashing back to Pam going down on that stripper at Fangtasia. Hottest scene in the whole series, so far.
Nice Marmot
REAL DRAGON

Postby swoop91 on Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:06 pm

Nice Marmot wrote:Tara's got a cute enough face, but she's got some freakly skinny, skin & bones shins. From the knees down she could be some kind of bird.

You sir, have very strange birds in your hood.

She's so bulky built like she's a pro wrestler or something. Or field worker. I'd say cotton field, but I think that would be a bit over the top.

Tara's got a cute face if you're one eyed pirate that has returned to the shore after 6 months of pillaging brittish trade ships and raping their men.
Maybe not even then.

(Not that I wouldn't bang her, I've banged worse and seen better as any man has :D )

But. Hoyt+Jessica weird s&m sex, and PAM falls in love? oh that would be splendid. Pam and Jason? fuck me I'd love to see that scene.
Or Andy going on a shapeshifting run with Terry.
swoop91
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:11 pm

Nice Marmot wrote:Jessica is who we need to see in the buff.

i second that emotion.

Nice Marmot wrote:Man! Too bad they are selling her as 17 years old. Sure sign she isn't stripping any time soon.

it's the south. the age of consent is being able to write your own name down there, so her alleged age shouldn't matter, and besides, she's undead now and i think the law on statutory rape stops applying when you become immortal.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby swoop91 on Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:26 pm

Oh. Jessica is still a virgin. And she will be one forever.

LOTS OF BLOODY SEX JUST WAITING TO BE FILMED!!!!!!!!!!
swoop91
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby Maui on Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:56 pm

Dang, you guys are the testosterone version of Mean Girls, re. Tara.

heehee
Maui
WoWie

Postby Fievel on Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:31 pm

The worst thing about Tara is that she's meant to be that way. I've seen a couple interviews with the girl that plays her... seems nice enough, and very unTara.
But that character is such a Debbie Downer every time she pops up on the screen.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby swoop91 on Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:38 pm

You mean everytime she poops on the screen.
swoop91
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby Fievel on Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:09 pm

swoop91 wrote:You mean everytime she poops on the screen.

No.... that would make her character significantly more interesting and sympathetic.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:14 pm

Two Taras One Cup?
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Pacino86845 on Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:56 pm

Tara is kind of annoying, but I don't single her out in particular from the cast of annoying characters: Sookeh (LOL), Bill, Sam, Tommy, Sam's family, anyone from Sam's past, Tara's mom, and of course Tara herself.

Also, with the exception of Alcide, all of the werewolves have been gloriously ANNOYING. I get that they're supposed to be brutish r-tards, but they are annoyingly so!

So I have finally caught up. My True Blood watching regime would normally mean that I wait 'til a season is completely over before watching the episodes. This time I started a bit early thinking that the last two episodes would have aired by the time I watched the first eleven. Well I was wrong.

I was pretty disappointed about what Crystal turned out to be... *SPOILERS*:

A were-panther? Are you serious? It wasn't a cool surprise at all. Early on they were dropping hints that she was either a shifter or a werewolf... but then her dad and brother/fiancee kept referring to Sam as "shifter," so that was ruled out. And they were too insular of a group to be werewolves: I mean it would've made sense that they would've mingled with other werewolves had they been werewolves, so that was out too.

Then I thought that maybe they were a cool new type of metamorphosizing creature, a WHOLE NEW CATEGORY! Like maybe they were animals that turned human, or maybe they were actual animal/human hybrids (would fit in with the otherwise hillbilly cliche they are) or something messed up and weird.

Nope, were-panthers!

Were-panthers. Whatever.

But I liked that Sookie turned out to be a FAIRY!

And no way Northman's gonna die. No fuckin' way!
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby papalazeru on Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:43 am

Pacino86845 wrote:And no way Northman's gonna die. No fuckin' way!

Eric? No way. They would lose about 75% of the female viewers if he left. Everyone's got so fucking bored of Bill Compton.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby DaleTremont on Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:02 pm

papalazeru wrote:
Pacino86845 wrote:And no way Northman's gonna die. No fuckin' way!

Eric? No way. They would lose about 75% of the female viewers if he left. Everyone's got so fucking bored of Bill Compton.

And a good chunk of the homosexually inclined male viewers too. Actually all sexually inclined beings are drawn to Eric Northman, even you heteros! Don't fight it. It's ancient viking crotch magic.
DaleTremont
Loincloth Bronson

Postby Pacino86845 on Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:06 pm

I want Tarantino and Jim Jarmusch to co-guest-direct an episode... it will just be a medium shot of Eric and Pam sitting at a diner over coffee and cigarettes, talking about comic books and old kung fu movies for one hour.

EDIT: IN SWEDISH!
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby swoop91 on Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:03 am

Naked.
swoop91
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby swoop91 on Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:51 am

Die Tara Die.

Yay hoyt and jessica.

Die Tara Die.
swoop91
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby Nice Marmot on Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:00 am

Looks like Tara could be hitting the road. Should make a lot of people happy. Seemes like she'd be fine and dandy if she just stayed out of Merlotte's parking lot.

Jason's storyline just gets lamer. Who will he deal w/ first? The V-using quarterback or the inbred were-panther clan?

Quite a few set ups for things to come but a pretty much anti-climatic finale.
Nice Marmot
REAL DRAGON

Postby stereosforgeeks on Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:25 am

Nice Marmot wrote:Looks like Tara could be hitting the road. Should make a lot of people happy. Seemes like she'd be fine and dandy if she just stayed out of Merlotte's parking lot.

Jason's storyline just gets lamer. Who will he deal w/ first? The V-using quarterback or the inbred were-panther clan?

Quite a few set ups for things to come but a pretty much anti-climatic finale.

Terrible finale as usual.

Tara's hitting the road to find herself. Too bad we'll have to watch=[ .

Why does everyone not related to the main plots storyline suck so much (except maybe Hoyt Jessica who were given nothing to do and maybe Terry but thats only because of the actor portraying him). Alan Ball come on there is so much potential why do you squander it time and time again. You introduce way too many characters way too quickly and give them bad nothing to do or when you do give them something it's terrible.

Anything youve done off the books except for sparing LaFayette is bad. I want Russel to escape. Calvin Norris we hardly knew thee (Decent character in the books).
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Maui on Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:51 am

To be honest, I haven't been very impressed the entire season. I've only really been interested in the main storyline, everything else I usually grab my remote and fast forward through it all. Sam's personality shift came way out of nowhere and was something I just couldn't buy into and the most exciting thing Tara ever did this season was cut her hair. zzzzzz As SFG stated, they could have done so much more with the hotshot storyline instead they made Jason look like a dufus for most of the season and pair him with a rather boring Crystal. Lastly, Debbie Pelt was such a fantastic character in the book and they really didn't utilize her properly this season.

MAJOR SPOILERS - PROCEED WITH CAUTION!!! :twisted:
I'm really hoping next season will be when Eric loses his memory and him and Sookie have their well deserved time together that we've all been waiting for. It was so delicious in the books!!!!
Maui
WoWie

Postby DaleTremont on Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:36 am

This season has been the absolute best and teh absolute worst of True Blood. Pretty much anything with Russell was brilliant and just the right parts of camp and gore to strike that harmonious note of absurdity True Blood does best. Generally the vampire storylines (Franklin, Eric, Bill, Pam) were fangtastic but everything else kind of blew. I agree with Stereos that the actor who plays Terry is so great that it makes what could otherwise have been a predictably boring storyline actually engaging, but overall I have to say that I was pretty disappointed.

To contrast, Mad Men, for example, has a huge number of "peripheral" characters but they all feel fully fleshed out and I enjoy watching every single one of them. True Blood, on the other hand, has characters that have been there from the beginning and should feel central to the thrust of the story, but in actuality feel pretty superfluous. I seriously could have done entirely without Jason...he was a waste of time. I want to like Sam but they are really butchering his character. And as much as I want to like Tara, as Maui said, her biggest dramatic arc was the time she had long hair to the time she had short hair. What the fuck, Alan Ball. Yeah as a 13 year old I cut my hair in a fit of adolescent rage too and then I quickly got over it. This is not good television.

Anyway I still want more True Blood. More Russell! More Pam! More Alcide! More Eric! But overall, moments of brilliance excepted, this season was lacking.
DaleTremont
Loincloth Bronson

Postby Nice Marmot on Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:12 am

Killing off Godric and Franklin were mistakes, if you asked me.

Obi-Wan Godric isn't going to cut it.
Nice Marmot
REAL DRAGON

Postby VegasRon on Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:46 am

Maui wrote:To be honest, I haven't been very impressed the entire season. I've only really been interested in the main storyline, everything else I usually grab my remote and fast forward through it all. Sam's personality shift came way out of nowhere and was something I just couldn't buy into and the most exciting thing Tara ever did this season was cut her hair. zzzzzz As SFG stated, they could have done so much more with the hotshot storyline instead they made Jason look like a dufus for most of the season and pair him with a rather boring Crystal. Lastly, Debbie Pelt was such a fantastic character in the book and they really didn't utilize her properly this season.

I'm really hoping next season will be when Eric loses his memory and him and Sookie have their well deserved time together that we've all been waiting for. It was so delicious in the books!!!!

Amen on the part about Sam, who's probably my favorite character on this annoying show. The only other storyline I remotely give an eff about is Hoyt/Jessica. I literally don't care about almost any other character. Jason has been a wasted opportunity for some real character change and has been totally squandered. I do like the good guy werewolf(what a disappointment werewolves have been, weak as fuck, overall), though his mooning over Sookie makes me nauseous. I also like Pam.

I really, really can't emphasize enough how much I've grown to hate Sookie. Seriously. And Tara(nice haircut :roll:). And Bill. And Eric is just overbroody at this point.
You can't take the sky from me...
VegasRon
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:37 am

VegasRon wrote:
Maui wrote:To be honest, I haven't been very impressed the entire season. I've only really been interested in the main storyline, everything else I usually grab my remote and fast forward through it all. Sam's personality shift came way out of nowhere and was something I just couldn't buy into and the most exciting thing Tara ever did this season was cut her hair. zzzzzz As SFG stated, they could have done so much more with the hotshot storyline instead they made Jason look like a dufus for most of the season and pair him with a rather boring Crystal. Lastly, Debbie Pelt was such a fantastic character in the book and they really didn't utilize her properly this season.

Amen on the part about Sam, who's probably my favorite character on this annoying show. The only other storyline I remotely give an eff about is Hoyt/Jessica. I literally don't care about almost any other character. Jason has been a wasted opportunity for some real character change and has been totally squandered. I do like the good guy werewolf(what a disappointment werewolves have been, weak as fuck, overall), though his mooning over Sookie makes me nauseous. I also like Pam.

I really, really can't emphasize enough how much I've grown to hate Sookie. Seriously. And Tara(nice haircut :roll:). And Bill. And Eric is just overbroody at this point.

this series would be infinitely better if they ditched tara and sookie and just focused on the superhot redheaded vampire chicks like the vamp queen and jessica.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Pacino86845 on Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:29 pm

HA, True Blood has jumped the shark and now sucks.

This was by far the worst season finale the show's had. It was also one of the worst episodes, period.

Bill Compton and Sam are painfully out of character now.

When the show is not over-the-top bonkers it is completely nonsensical (Tara's mom for example found a way to become even MORE of a painfully obvious cliché).

Friends, things have gotten worse in the town of Bon Temps, the Good Times are no more!

The only things remotely interesting are Lafayette's witch subplot and the joy of watching Hoyt and Jessica reunited (ooh, watch out for that creepy doll!).
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby justcheckin on Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:05 pm

I just started watching this... it has an odd appeal with lots of sex. hahahaha
justcheckin
AIRWOLF

Postby Fievel on Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:21 pm

justcheckin wrote:I just started watching this... it has an odd appeal with lots of sex. hahahaha

Just wait.... it eventually has a lot of odd sex while managing to keep its appeal!
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby justcheckin on Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:37 pm

Fievel wrote:
justcheckin wrote:I just started watching this... it has an odd appeal with lots of sex. hahahaha

Just wait.... it eventually has a lot of odd sex while managing to keep its appeal!

I just finished the first season and I don't have any words to describe what I think. LOL
justcheckin
AIRWOLF

Postby Fievel on Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:40 pm

Just wait until Season Three when you get to see Bill's patented move - The Compton Twist.
....and that's all I'm gonna say about that. 8-)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby papalazeru on Fri May 27, 2011 10:57 am

AAAAAAAND We're back1!!!!!!!!!

Oh hell yeah. I missed this.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby Nice Marmot on Fri May 27, 2011 11:57 am

Well it looks good. Seein's believin' though . . .

I see Tara and Sam are back. Hopefully the writers have given them a legitimate reason to still be on the show, unlike last season.
Nice Marmot
REAL DRAGON

Postby Fievel on Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:17 pm

Just watched the 9-minute preview that aired tonight on HBO.... and thought it was the best thing I've seen on the show since the first season.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Nice Marmot on Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:28 am

Redheads rarely catch my eye but I find Jessica oh so smokin' . . .

And the friggin' writers have made her perpetually 17 years old! Now that's frustratin'!!!
Nice Marmot
REAL DRAGON

Postby VegasRon on Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:53 am

Jessica. Pam. Panther chick.

The end.
VegasRon
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby Nice Marmot on Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:44 am

Pam looks ok from a distance? HD doesn't get along w/ her makeup job.

And she has man-hands . . .
Nice Marmot
REAL DRAGON

Postby VegasRon on Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:30 pm

Nice Marmot wrote:Pam looks ok from a distance? HD doesn't get along w/ her makeup job.

I dig her character, not so much her looks. She's unapologetically vampire w/o Eric's ridiculous overbrooding.
VegasRon
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby Fievel on Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:10 pm

VegasRon wrote:
Nice Marmot wrote:Pam looks ok from a distance? HD doesn't get along w/ her makeup job.

I dig her character, not so much her looks. She's unapologetically vampire w/o Eric's ridiculous overbrooding.

I agree with both of you. She can look heinous at times and hot others. Until she got all boo-hoo when Eric went outside into the sunshine with Russell, she was one of THE ultimate hardcore badasses on the show. That show of emotion lost a couple of those points with me (but added some appreciated depth to her character). And then there's her "weird lesbian shit" that is always appreciated.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby justcheckin on Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:37 am

That does look good. I have to catch up (finishing watching season 3) so I can go over to my friends house and watch the new season. DAYUM!
justcheckin
AIRWOLF

Postby Nice Marmot on Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:17 am

Just checking to see if everyone got my man-hands comment . . .

Nice Marmot
REAL DRAGON

Postby VegasRon on Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:08 pm

Haha, well we do now!

God, that show could do no wrong for about 4 seasons.
VegasRon
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby Fievel on Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:30 pm

Ha! Great reference that I admittedly didn't get the first time.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Ribbons on Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:03 am

I don't watch True Blood, but I dig this "American Gothic" photo riff:

Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby justcheckin on Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:34 am

Ribbons wrote:I don't watch True Blood, but I dig this "American Gothic" photo riff:

They had a couple more versions of this inside the magazine. They had two different ones with Paquin (Sookie) and each potential onscreen guy romances. One with Stephen Moyer (Bill) and one with Joe Manganiello (the warewolf guy). It is a pretty cool photo layout idea for the show.
justcheckin
AIRWOLF

Postby Nice Marmot on Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:55 pm

Good start to the season, in spite of the fairyville scenes looking straight out of Xena or something along those lines.

They didn't go and make Jason smarter and more mature on us, did they?
Nice Marmot
REAL DRAGON

Postby justcheckin on Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:34 pm

I got caught up and saw the first episode of this season... pretty fun.
justcheckin
AIRWOLF

Postby Nice Marmot on Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:20 am

Cool, there are TWO people watching the show now . . .
Nice Marmot
REAL DRAGON

Postby Fievel on Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:33 am

Nice Marmot wrote:Cool, there are TWO people watching the show now . . .

Tara is now a lesbian MMA fighter. Oooooookay.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Nice Marmot on Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:15 am

Yeah, that was pretty lame. Even if she hadn't switched teams, I still wouldn't have bought the MMA thing.
Nice Marmot
REAL DRAGON

Postby Fievel on Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:11 pm

Nice Marmot wrote:Yeah, that was pretty lame. Even if she hadn't switched teams, I still wouldn't have bought the MMA thing.

Exactly. Her record with men so far on the show makes the change there believable. But the MMA thing is just ridiculous.
Anybody know if Tara's new-found bad-assness is in the books?
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby justcheckin on Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:06 pm

Fievel wrote:
Nice Marmot wrote:Yeah, that was pretty lame. Even if she hadn't switched teams, I still wouldn't have bought the MMA thing.

Exactly. Her record with men so far on the show makes the change there believable. But the MMA thing is just ridiculous.

My friend reads the books and supposedly Tara doesn't go through any of the stuff that happened in season 3. At some point she moves away and starts a clothing store or something like that. Again, I don't read the books so I don't know for sure.

I don't like where the storyline dealing with Sam, Jason, or Tara are at personally. I do still like the vamp stuff and lafayette's storyline.
justcheckin
AIRWOLF

Postby Bloo on Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:08 pm

justcheckin wrote:
Fievel wrote:

My friend reads the books and supposedly Tara doesn't go through any of the stuff that happened in season 3. At some point she moves away and starts a clothing store or something like that. Again, I don't read the books so I don't know for sure.

I don't like where the storyline dealing with Sam, Jason, or Tara are at personally. I do still like the vamp stuff and lafayette's storyline.

yeah Tara is a very minor character in the books.
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby swoop91 on Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:39 am

can someone please shoot tara in the face
swoop91
STEAK-A-BABY

PreviousNext

Return to Coaxial