Primeval

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Primeval

Postby Peven on Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:28 am

http://www.bbcamerica.com/content/320/?gclid=CN_o7KCXlZUCFQoaswodolNpvA

caught the first two episodes to this last night. a pretty fun diversion and i look forward to seeing how the season plays out

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Re: Primeval

Postby travis-dane on Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:53 pm

Peven wrote:http://www.bbcamerica.com/content/320/?gclid=CN_o7KCXlZUCFQoaswodolNpvA

caught the first two episodes to this last night. a pretty fun diversion and i look forward to seeing how the season plays out

Well,I saw the first two seasons and enjoyed em'.
Never thought the US would be so far behind in airing this.
-
Lesbian Nazi Hookers Abducted by UFOs and Forced Into Weight Loss Programs!
travis-dane
100% OLEG!

Postby Peven on Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:56 pm

travis-dane wrote:
Peven wrote:http://www.bbcamerica.com/content/320/?gclid=CN_o7KCXlZUCFQoaswodolNpvA

Well,I saw the first two seasons and enjoyed em'.
Never thought the US would be so far behind in airing this.

not our fault the Brits hold out on us :-P :wink:

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby darkjedijaina on Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:31 pm

yeah, i was watching this when i first got over here. couldn't get enough of it!!!
darkjedijaina
BAD ASH

Postby bastard_robo on Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:03 am

This show has a slight "SURFACE" feel too it, which isnt bad as I loved Surface... At least I know this gets played out for more than one season.
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby Leckomaniac on Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:20 pm

Been catching up with this. Just finished series 2. It really is a cool little show. Reminds me of a more enjoyable Sanctuary.

And my word, is Lucy Brown sexy. Yeesh.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby The Vicar on Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:34 pm

Lucy is Teh Hotness.
And I like the series, although I understand that the cast under went an overhaul.
Pity.
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:06 am

You US guys LIKE Primeval? This has to be a joke right?

Sometimes the NHJD excuse for idiocy here has to be waivered, so I'm calling you guys out for being total Dufus's for liking this crap show that even audiences and even the MAKERS of this show all unanimously state how shit it is! Crap acting, effects, camerawork, editing, EVERYTHING!!

Man, no WONDER you USers had to get us UKers to help you win the war.

You still can' be arsed to find OB Laden yet. This and Primeval says it all. :roll:
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby The Vicar on Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:16 am

Yeah, I know. Its not as good as Teletubbies in your book. :roll:
The Vicar

Postby Leckomaniac on Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:02 am

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:You US guys LIKE Primeval? This has to be a joke right?

Sometimes the NHJD excuse for idiocy here has to be waivered, so I'm calling you guys out for being total Dufus's for liking this crap show that even audiences and even the MAKERS of this show all unanimously state how shit it is! Crap acting, effects, camerawork, editing, EVERYTHING!!

Man, no WONDER you USers had to get us UKers to help you win the war.

You still can' be arsed to find OB Laden yet. This and Primeval says it all. :roll:

Funny enough, I really can't be bothered to care.

But by all means, keep shouting at the wind.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby King Of Nowhere on Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:42 am

The Vicar wrote:Yeah, I know. Its not as good as Teletubbies in your book. :roll:

At least Teletubbies didn't pretend to be something it wasn't.

Pretty much everyone i'd spoken to thought Primeval was a joke, so it's a little weird to see it getting praise from the Americas.
Is it just the whole "oh, it's British sci-fi, it must be good" thing?

The effects were piss poor, the plot was laughable (even compared to whatever shite Russell was feeding us on the other side) & they were a good 10-15 years late on the whole "dinosaurs are making a comeback" thing.

The Vicar wrote:
And I like the series, although I understand that the cast under went an overhaul.

Aye, Hannah Spearritt got a boob job between seasons.

Did America ever get Demons?
It was kind of like a british version of Supernatural by way of Whale Rider (just replace the Whangara tribe with the mythology of Dracula). Phil Glenister (Gene Hunt from Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes) played an ex-CIA agent & went between American & his normal accent by the syllable. The most powerful demon ever to have existed was played by Mackenzie Crook.
It was shown Saturday nights on ITV as well & was a lot more enjoyable than Primeval (although it didn't feature any scenes of Hannah Spearritt walking about in her knickers).
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby The Vicar on Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:31 am

Haven't seen Demons surface here yet, but if GENE HUNT is involved ( sorry, Phil), then I will seek it out.
The Vicar

Postby Al Shut on Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:45 am

I kinda lost most of my interest in primeval at some point after there was some altering of reality going on.

But I seriously don't understand the ill will I'm reading here from Kirk & KON
Note to myself: Fix this image shit!
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:54 pm

Well, sorry for playing the racism card but again, I won't let political correctness get in the way of the truth, I think the reason why we dislike it and can see it for the shit it is while the Americans and overseas viewers think it's great is because sometimes, the US are pretty thick when it comes to taste.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Fried Gold on Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:25 pm

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:You US guys LIKE Primeval? This has to be a joke right?

This.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Leckomaniac on Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:14 am

I don't recall ever saying this show was great. Nor that I thought it was particularly well acted or that it had an engaging story. I just think it is fun to watch British people run around and fight poorly CGI'd dinosaurs. Not sure why this offends the UKers so much. When I get bored browsing around Netflix I usually watch shows I never would normally watch. This came up. I found it enjoyable in the same way that I find those SyFy made-for-tv movies starring Dean Cain or Casper Van Dien enjoyable.

Man has this place gone to the dogs. Can't even make a purely harmless comment about a shitty dinosaur show with someone making asine over-the-top generalizations. :roll:
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Peven on Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:47 am

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:Well, sorry for playing the racism card but again, I won't let political correctness get in the way of the truth, I think the reason why we dislike it and can see it for the shit it is while the Americans and overseas viewers think it's great is because sometimes, the US are pretty thick when it comes to taste.

i know, that is why we have not been able to pull off a production full of our top actors in a movie a movie as beautiful and brilliant as "Love Actually", that movie right there goes to show the superior level of British taste, right Kirk? i am really looking forward to watching that one with you guys when i get over there for a meet up one of these days.....i bet I'll have to tell you to stop reciting the lines before the actors can utter them

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby The Vicar on Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:13 pm

Leckomaniac wrote:Man has this place gone to the dogs. Can't even make a purely harmless comment about a shitty dinosaur show without KIRK making asine over-the-top generalizations. :roll:

Just trying to help. Once an editor, always an editor.....

And I , for one, have far too much Huron and Irish in me to leave the field to the undeserving.
Oh, I've never forgotten for long at a time that living is a struggle. I know that every good and excellent thing in the world stands moment by moment on the razor-edge of danger and must be fought for--whether it's a field, or a home, or a country. *
Or Teh Zone.
All I ask is the chance to build new worlds......

....and keep out the soccer hooligans.

* attribution; Thornton Wilder
The Vicar

Postby King Of Nowhere on Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:01 pm

Leckomaniac wrote:I don't recall ever saying this show was great. Nor that I thought it was particularly well acted or that it had an engaging story. I just think it is fun to watch British people run around and fight poorly CGI'd dinosaurs. Not sure why this offends the UKers so much. When I get bored browsing around Netflix I usually watch shows I never would normally watch. This came up. I found it enjoyable in the same way that I find those SyFy made-for-tv movies starring Dean Cain or Casper Van Dien enjoyable.

Man has this place gone to the dogs. Can't even make a purely harmless comment about a shitty dinosaur show with someone making asine over-the-top generalizations. :roll:

I can't see anyone reacting like you've just said you fucked their mum.
The only person offended in this thread is you, as you said you didn't care & told kirk to keep shouting in the wind, then returned to the thread & felt the need to defend your liking of the show.

If you agree that the effects were shite & the plot didn't stretch beyond "lets fight this dinosaur" each week, why is it so hard to see where Kirk, FG & I are coming from?
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby TonyWilson on Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:52 pm

Yes but KoN your opinion that Demons is more enjoyable than Primeval is the most ridiculous comment in the entire thread :D

At least Primeaval didn't have the overrated Iain Glenister doing an atrocious American accent and the acting is way worse than Primeval where Juliet Aubrey, Douglas Henshall, Jason Flemyng and Ben Miller are all having fun and delivering the cheesy dialogue with a sufficient amount of camp.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby Leckomaniac on Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:46 pm

King Of Nowhere wrote:
Leckomaniac wrote:I don't recall ever saying this show was great. Nor that I thought it was particularly well acted or that it had an engaging story. I just think it is fun to watch British people run around and fight poorly CGI'd dinosaurs. Not sure why this offends the UKers so much. When I get bored browsing around Netflix I usually watch shows I never would normally watch. This came up. I found it enjoyable in the same way that I find those SyFy made-for-tv movies starring Dean Cain or Casper Van Dien enjoyable.

I can't see anyone reacting like you've just said you fucked their mum.
The only person offended in this thread is you, as you said you didn't care & told kirk to keep shouting in the wind, then returned to the thread & felt the need to defend your liking of the show.

If you agree that the effects were shite & the plot didn't stretch beyond "lets fight this dinosaur" each week, why is it so hard to see where Kirk, FG & I are coming from?

My post was directed almost entirely to Kirk, but I admit i did find it funny that a quick resurrection of this thread brought so many quick responses from across the pond. But I had no problem with those posts.

However, considering the truly over-the-top responses by Mr. Kirk to this thread I think my post is entirely justified. It is one thing to express your disagreement, but to so condescendingly dismiss someone like that just doesn' sit right with me.

I
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:05 pm

TonyWilson wrote:At least Primeaval didn't have the overrated Iain Glenister doing an atrocious American accent and the acting is way worse than Primeval where Juliet Aubrey, Douglas Henshall, Jason Flemyng and Ben Miller are all having fun and delivering the cheesy dialogue with a sufficient amount of camp.

So?
It's still shit.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Retardo_Montalban on Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:12 pm

Oh wow, I really have to watch this show now. Girls with fake tits, fighting badly rendered dinosaurs. If those dinosaurs are claymation, This may be the best British show ever!
Retardo_Montalban
doubleplusungood

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:18 pm

Retardo_Montalban wrote:Oh wow, I really have to watch this show now. Girls with fake tits, fighting badly rendered dinosaurs. If those dinosaurs are claymation, This may be the best British show ever!

You're quite welcome to get on a plane and come here to see. As OMG I just saw that this series starts again in 15 minutes! 19.30 on ITV1 it bloody starts again!

Man is this thread gonna get even more vile over he next lot of weeks. Yeah there might be girls with fake tits here but you can't even bang one out over Hannah Spearit in her knickers as the camerawork and editing is all over the place that you can't see sod all, let alone the misfiring poorformances in there. Really, he direction in this series is a complete shambles.

Why did you resurrect this thread, Lecko? Is it a coincidence to this series starting or did you just want to take out your anger on us Brits for some unknown reason?

Oh and I remember being on this how once as an Extra. That big dick who Hannah gets off with in this show was a wanker even on set.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Retardo_Montalban on Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:29 pm

Thanks for the invitation, Kirk. I don't find women with fake breasts attractive at all. They are mostly an oddity that will keep me interested in between the dinosaur fights. However, I will be masturbating like mad when them dinosaurs start going at it. Oh yeah.
Retardo_Montalban
doubleplusungood

Postby Fried Gold on Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:39 pm

TonyWilson wrote:Yes but KoN your opinion that Demons is more enjoyable than Primeval is the most ridiculous comment in the entire thread :D

At least Primeaval didn't have the overrated Iain Glenister doing an atrocious American accent and the acting is way worse than Primeval where Juliet Aubrey, Douglas Henshall, Jason Flemyng and Ben Miller are all having fun and delivering the cheesy dialogue with a sufficient amount of camp.

Philip Glenister.

And Demons is about on par with Primeval. I'm not quite sure why Primeval has developed such a following. I guess it's a similar phenomenon to that surrounding Stargate SG1.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Peven on Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:01 pm

i am so proud of my thread, i start very few, and to see one blossom like this........really gets me right HERE, you know? :-P

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Return to Coaxial