Star Wars TV Series (w/ 104% More Boba Fett! Confirmed!)

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Star Wars TV Series (w/ 104% More Boba Fett! Confirmed!)

Postby MasterWhedon on Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:57 pm

I don't think we have a thread for this yet, and I'm fairly excited about the possibilities. Here's an article from ComingSoon.Net that touches on both the CG animated series as well as the live action, and a little bit of Indy 4 too: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=11485

ComingSoon.Net wrote:ComingSoon.net attended the Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith DVD junket at Skywalker Ranch on Thursday, October 6th. At the event, "Star Wars" producer Rick McCallum talked about both the new 3-D animated Clone Wars series and the live-action series in development.

"The animation is being done right now as we speak, it's starting to prep," McCallum said about the animated TV show. "That's being done here at the Ranch. A lot of the effects will be done in Singapore. But that won't really start moving forward, I mean it's just now conceptual work and script work now. I think George is trying to get 13 scripts done first before we really get into the pipeline of it. But that'll start happening probably at the end of March."

He added that "the live-action television series is something we're planning for just at the beginning of 2007 and we're just starting to interview writers and trying to really figure out, you know, which direction... It is going to be much darker, much grittier, it's much more character-based. He envisions somewhere like 100 hours between 'Episode III' and 'Episode IV' with a lot of characters that we haven't met but have been developed in other novels and other things. So, we're really excited about that because I think finally we can have the opportunity to answer everybody's questions once and for all by the time we finish the series."

Asked where the live-action series will be shot and in what kind of format, McCallum said that "principal photography will take place all around the world, probably with a base in Sydney. And, yes, we will be shooting in hi-def. Or, if anything else evolves within the next 12 months, you know, that would replace hi-def. I don't see that happening, but there may be new and more, or less expensive cameras with more optical imagery or optical discs that we record on. But basically it will be hi-def, yes."

Frank Oz, the voice of Yoda in the films, was also present and addressed a question whether or not he and Yoda will be part of the two new series. "Rick and I haven't talked about it yet. I am involved in the animated series right now. We're here at the Ranch as Rick said and we're currently working on the project and I'm very excited about that. The live-action is a little further out, so we haven't had those discussions yet. But knowing George and knowing the franchise there's going to be animated characters in there, we just haven't discussed them yet."

Ian McDiarmid, who played Emperor Palpatine, was asked a similar question about revisiting his character in the TV series. "Nobody really knows the details of the television series, I don't think that's because people are being particularly coy. I just think a lot of things haven't been decided yet. But I know that George's intention is to follow one of the characters who's been less highlighted up to now, but has been very popular with audiences. And sure, if it's the period between the movies, the Emperor has to be referred to. But you'll remember he was referred to often without actually appearing in the first Star Wars movie. And Peter Cushing was his very effective representative. So, I suspect there might be a number of very effective representatives, but you know, I always answer my telephone."

George Lucas was not able to attend because he was playing host to 15 Tuskegee Airmen to learn about his next film, Red Tails, which he'll produce. McCallum, however, did give an update on Indiana Jones 4 as well.

"[George is] doing 'Indiana Jones', the script, which he should finish by Sunday. He's meeting with Steven [Spielberg] next week to try to figure out where they are going to go and what changes they want to make on it." And what else does he have in the works? "[George has] got another idea for an animated musical, plus literally dozens of documentaries."

My money for the "character who's been less highlighted up to now, but has been very popular with audiences" is on Boba Fett. That descibes him to a "T." I see a nice flash forward of the Sarlacc Pitt. Calm, peaceful. Then it hiccups, a burp. Indegestion. It explodes suddenly and a torn, tattered man climbs out from it, looking mighty pissed off. Bad ass.
Last edited by MasterWhedon on Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Adam Balm on Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:04 pm

Thank God Lucas can now get back to this smaller, more personal stuff.
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby John-Locke on Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:07 pm

Things move at a slugish pace over at the Skywalker Ranch eh? 2007 is the start date for the TV Series yeah? It'll be out in 2008-09 by which time the icecaps would have melted.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Agent Alonzo on Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:13 pm

"character who's been less highlighted up to now, but has been very popular with audiences"

alonzo..... my apologies you ho-bag! - banthafodderUK

...that was the funniest post I've ever read at AICN. Comedy gold. I'm stealing it and shooting it in nothing other than a static two-shot. - Kevin Smith
Agent Alonzo
UMAGAA OMBONGO

Postby Flumm on Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:14 pm

OK I can't even comment seriously on this thing, considering I'm only half way through The Kentucky Fried Story II...
Flumm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby RogueScribner on Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:18 pm

"character who's been less highlighted up to now, but has been very popular with audiences"

Obviously refering to Grando Calrissian!
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby wonkabar on Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:22 pm

Agent Alonzo wrote:

A joke today, a reality tomorrow
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:26 pm

Adam Balm wrote:Thank God Lucas can now get back to this smaller, more personal stuff.

IMPAMPILASH!

yes, like all those small avant-garde films he wanted to do that limitless resources, total artistic freedom, and his own production studio kept getting in the way of... *snicker*

all snarkism aside, i'm excited about the possibilities for this show... my hope is that Lucas stays AS FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE from the production. he can hand in the outlines, and let good writers and directors take over. writers and directors who actually care about the characters...

in short: George, you phoned in TPM and AOTC and nearly killed the series. ROTS was an 11th hour franchise saver (i loved it to pieces). now, you should ease out gracefully. maintain the distance of a learned mentor like, say, Yoda, or ObiWan, and let the Starkillers, er Skywalkers, the heroes take over...

have the courage and foresight to get out of the way, basically...

oh, btw, get Whedon and Minear in on this ASAP. also: whoever writes for Lost would be good too...

anyone else out there y'all zoners can think of? quality writers with small screen and big screen experience?
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Postby wonkabar on Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:32 pm

Well put zombie. I think this show could be really cool. I love the time frame. It's the grittty, dirty, oily SW of smugglers and bounty hunters. The place that we just got glimpses of in OT, and didn't really get at all in NT.
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby Flumm on Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:32 pm

It would definately be an intriguing idea to have Whedon at least write some of this... but would it jar having the famously wooden dialogue suddenly very knowing and sarcastic?

I guess he would have to try and find a balance and write it a little straighter maybe...
Last edited by Flumm on Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flumm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MasterWhedon on Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:33 pm

A Joss Whedon Star Wars series would make my head explode.

It would waaaay never happen, but Buffy the Jedi Slayer would be seven kinds of great.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby wonkabar on Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:26 pm

wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby Bean on Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:41 pm

A Boba Fett TV series would be amazing, thanks for the article Whedon!
Bean
AIRWOLF

Postby TonyWilson on Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:42 pm

i would just LOVE to see the faces of all the Star Wars vs. Serenity douchebags if Whedon was announced as being the head writer or whatever. It would be a joy. Boba Fett doesn't do it for me really, elevated beyond all measure by some geeks. Give me a young Han Solo anyday. BUT the problem with setting it in between the movies is NO JEDI!!! You can't make a Star Wars anything without Jedi.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby Flumm on Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:43 pm

OK, that was a very sober and considered review, making the DVD seem wel worth buying, but let me just say this...

THERE IS A FUCKING YODA RAP VIDEO?!?!?!?!

*sigh*

Flumm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Brocktune on Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:49 pm

as i perused the ROTS review so lovingly hotlinked to us by Wonkabar, i saw the bonus material section, and misread the title of "The Stunts of Star Wars" as "The Sluts of Star Wars". i did a double take, realized my mistake, and became contemplative....... The Sluts of Star Wars... now THATS the tv show i want to see!
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TonyWilson on Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:53 pm

Padme beats Leia, but Shakti wins all!!!
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson

Postby Bean on Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:56 pm

Bean
AIRWOLF

Postby MasterWhedon on Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:59 pm

TonyWilson wrote:i would just LOVE to see the faces of all the Star Wars vs. Serenity douchebags if Whedon was announced as being the head writer or whatever. It would be a joy. Boba Fett doesn't do it for me really, elevated beyond all measure by some geeks. Give me a young Han Solo anyday. BUT the problem with setting it in between the movies is NO JEDI!!! You can't make a Star Wars anything without Jedi.

I'm not a ginormo Boba fan, but I think there could be a damn fine series made out of his exploits. The problem, and the reason they won't make it, is that he's the BAD GUY. To follow him week after week would be to watch him track down and potentially butcher various aliens, week after week. It ain't gonna happen. I just think there are some interesting possibilities in there, like maybe there are two or three Jedi left out there and Boba's gotta find one of them. That could be a nice two-, three-episode arc, if not more, which would help to flesh out his hate for the Jedi. I also think a little redemption for such a shitty death would be nice.

I honestly have no idea who they're going to pick to follow.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:20 pm

CHEWBACCA!!!
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby doglips on Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:22 pm

I want Ackbars back story............
doglips
MOD FAIRY

Postby Adam Balm on Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:23 pm

Flumm wrote:

Talk to the hand.
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:23 pm

the Sluts of Star Wars?

- i want to see the backstory of the two hot chicks in the cantina

- also, i want to see how that blue Twi-Lek chick who gets shot in the back in ROTS went from erotic dancer to Hot Jedi Chick

- also, i want to speak to my therapist about why i know what a Twi-Lek is
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Postby doglips on Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:26 pm

I think your Twi-lek Knowledge is cool .............Teach that man!!
doglips
MOD FAIRY

Postby Flumm on Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:35 pm

Yeah Adam, I think George Lucas should get up everyday and have this the first thing he sees on his ceiling before he get's out of his bed.

And have a voice over of himself shouting...

"STOP! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NO, THAT IS A SHIT IDEA! .... AND THAT ..THAT ONE TOO... KEEP GOING....NO!.......NOOO!....WHAT ARE YOU A MORON...KEEP GOING.....NA GIVE IT TO ONE OF HE NOVEL GUYS...... THERE WE GO!! NOW GO BRUSH YOUR TEETH YOU STINK LIKE A TWI-LEK"
Flumm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:36 pm

so i'm wondering, if they are thinking of a close-ended 100 episode series, will this be mostly self-contained stories that fill in the details of the 'verse?

it might be neat if it doesn't focus on any one character. i'm envisioning a 100 episode anthology series that keeps changing up.

perhaps they could be presented as 5 episode arcs in which focus would be on a particular set of characters, but when that arc is finished, the focus could switch to another set.

of course, there could also be stand alone episodes like, how Greedo became the worst bounty hunter in the galaxy.

Hammerhead: "geez, Greedo, you couldn't hit the side of a bantha if it held your blaster to its head and begged you to shoot him!"

Greedo: "#$%@!"

Boba Fett could be a recurring character -- one who could be heroic in some episodes and a villian in others. sort of the mystery character who pops up now and again. vaguely analgous to Faith (you know what i mean? like her showing up is always a big deal cause she's a favorite character, and she is morally ambiguous -- both villian and hero).

i'd rather see something like this -- this sprawling anthology series model rather than the Boba Fett Power Hour, you know?

anywho, my two credits...
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Postby TonyWilson on Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:38 pm

Flumm wrote:Yeah Adam, I think George Lucas should get up everyday and have this the first thing he sees on his ceiling before he get's out of his bed.

And have a voice over of himself shouting...

"STOP! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NO, THAT IS A SHIT IDEA! .... AND THAT ..THAT ONE TOO... KEEP GOING....NO!.......NOOO!....WHAT ARE YOU A MORON...KEEP GOING.....NA GIVE IT TO ONE OF HE NOVEL GUYS...... THERE WE GO!! NOW GO BRUSH YOUR TEETH YOU STINK LIKE A TWI-LEK"

IFPAMPILASH

Not just funny but great advice too.
TonyWilson

Postby Adam Balm on Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:45 pm

I think Flumm is becoming my favorite n00b.
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Flumm on Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:46 pm

tee hee.

and Zombie, I think you're pretty much on the money there. One of the most important things with Star Wars, is the scope, the scale of ideas that are possible in it. And 100 hours Star Wars based TV, with the production values that he has got under his arsenal, is genuinley exciting news, at least in theory. Even for casual fans like myself

I think that is what went wrong with the new trilogy actually, that there just wasn't enough, grandeaur(?) given to the Jedi Councel and the Jedi as an institution, it sort of knocked a lot of the epicness away from there side of the story, and reduced somehow what made Star Wars compelling as a result.

I just hope they really go DARK with this thing, no cheesey lighthearted stuff, mostly darkness and adventure and sci-fi, with just an ever so slight sprinkling of humour and romance
Flumm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:52 pm

oh, on the Jedi thing, that's easy!

of course, not <i>all</i> of the Jedi are dead. many live in hiding and live a nomadic rag-tag existance in the shadows not unlike the samuraii did after the fall of the Tokugawa shoganate.

basically: remake Yojimbo and/or Seven Samuraii (and/or any other of the post-Tokugawa era based samuraii films) with Jedis and there you go...
done and done...

also, we need to see both Boba Fett and even more importantly VADER kicking ass and not bothering to take names...

my one complaint with ROTS is that we don't get to see Vader-in-suit kicking Jedi ass... this NEEDS to be done... a clean and sweep mission or two? or three?

Tales of the Wandering Jedi! their various fringe-dwelling heroic adventures and melodramatic deaths? oh yeah...

all of this stuff being, of course, what <i>should</i> have been done in the prequels, but, i digress..
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:53 pm

I dunno... I kind of a got a the impression that a the Jedi were a the lame ducks of a the political engine, eh? Anna their ability to use a The Force was a diminished also, no? The grandeur was a years before, anna we were a seeing the last of a the dying breed...
DinoDeLaurentiis
SHE'S A THE SARAH SILVERMAN

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:56 pm

Flumm wrote:I just hope they really go DARK with this thing, no cheesey lighthearted stuff, mostly darkness and adventure and sci-fi, with just an ever so slight sprinkling of humour and romance

basically, then, the Empire Stirkes Back (hands down #1), but prolonged!

when you think about it, A New Hope was pretty dark too... i mean, dudes family got burned to death, entire planet wiped out, chokings, druggings, et al.

i don't mind the light-heartedness in moderation. just no goofy bullshit like TPM. that was just... awful. great last 30 minutes though!
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Postby TonyWilson on Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:56 pm

They should put it on HBO have Han Solo coming back to his dads old smuggling business after his death to take over the firm but he has to deal with an arty younger sister and his brother who's in the closet about being a Wookie, they could start it with the death of a jedi every episode.

Call it Six Jedi Under and you got a pitch.
TonyWilson

Postby Flumm on Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:59 pm

You have a point Dino, as always. I think maybe you just can't help but loose a little magic when you explain something like the Jedi council, or use them for such exposition based material, it would have taken something really profound to actually build on the mythos built up in the OT. I mean how can you build on Alec Guiness, and Yoda and learning the force? Board meetings with people in robes? I think it was a little enevitable that there was gonna be some lose in awe and intrigue from the Jedi part of the story, I guess it ultimately a character piece.
Last edited by Flumm on Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flumm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Brocktune on Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:59 pm

that was my biggest problem with "clone wars". i was like ok, you have way too much story to tell between ep 2 and 3. more than will ever fit in a 2 hour movie. and you have a medium, where you are guaranteed viewers, and have the ability to do anything or go anywhere you want without limitations because its animated. you can tell anybodys back story you want, you have the opportunity to give us large sweeping epics, and complicated and involved story arcs featuring tons of characters with potentially rich backstories. most of which wouldnt even see one single frame in ep 3, and what do you do? you pull a classic lucas, and totally fuck it up by giving us 10 five minute episodes and call it a "micro-series"..... FUCK YOU! its like lucas cant not fuck up star wars anymore. dont get me wrong, i loved clone wars. i thought they were awesome, and thats why it makes me so fucking mad. it was such a wasted opportunity to really reclaim some of the love lost over the crappiness of the prequel trilogy. its like lucas was presented an offer by cartoon network, to help save his creatively dying franchise, and he went. "how can i fuck this up, lucas style? you know, make it suck more like the movies i am making right now... I GOT IT! 10 five minute episodes. i may be a shit director, but at least im consistant. i just hope that this new tv series doesnt get fucked up, like so much else has. hopefully, lucas will stay as far away from this bitch as possible.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:02 pm

TonyWilson wrote:They should put it on HBO have Han Solo coming back to his dads old smuggling business after his death to take over the firm but he has to deal with an arty younger sister and his brother who's in the closet about being a Wookie, they could start it with the death of a jedi every episode.

Call it Six Jedi Under and you got a pitch.

LOL! I want to see Leia go through her "experimental" phase with a wacky alderanian performance artist TwiLek chick named Albaa. They will smoke spice and fumble towards intimacy, but Leia will change her mind at the last minute which will make Albaa freak out and shun her...
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Postby Flumm on Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:03 pm

Brocktune wrote:
and he went. "how can i fuck this up, lucas style?

The new "what would Jesus do?" of the modern world?
Flumm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:07 pm

Okay, now THAT was a good, eh?
DinoDeLaurentiis

Postby so sorry on Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:19 pm

no one commenting on that last paragaph about Indiana Jones script being done by sunday???

i have the same feelings as most here: let someone else write and direct this tv series uncle george.
if they suck me back into this star wars shit i'll be so fucking pissed!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:26 pm

Let's not let Lucas miss the mark on the TV series like he did on the Prequels where he failed to give us The Clone Wars properly.

The TV series should be about DARTH VADER for fuxake. How can anyone be so deliberately stupid as to not do this!?!?! Other characters can still have thier stories in it, especially Boba Fett.

Again, GL is gonna avoid the relevant stuff here like in the PT.

Stopped, he must be.

Now, I'm off to bed for crappy 4 hours sleep to get up at 6am for a crappy 2 1/2 hour journey to work, where I've gotta change about 5 times on the National Rail, London Underground, and even the fucking buses before I can get there. Sorry, I'm so pissed off I want to kick off with the Assistant Director when I get to work tomorrow. Thanks for letting me share this here.

Now,to bed. Rest, yes. Rest. Rest.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Flumm on Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:29 pm

I hope that isn't a daily thing Kirk?

Now you're avatar makes a whole lotta sense...

"I CANT STAND TRAINS!!!!!"
Flumm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby John-Locke on Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:30 pm

Assistant Directors are the scum of the earth, I've only met one I liked who didn't cause stress & treat everyone like shit.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby ONeillSG1 on Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:38 am

ZombieZoneSolutions wrote:Tales of the Wandering Jedi! their various fringe-dwelling heroic adventures and melodramatic deaths? oh yeah...

I said it before, I'll say it again: take the premise of the Incredible Hulk tv show and apply it to the Jedi for the series.

I.E.- A Jedi, cursed because of what he is, must wander the universe in search of a place to hide (but ultimately call "home"). Along the way, he finds himself in situations were he has to risk revealing who he is in order to save the helpless and powerless. And, when he does, he is forced to move on, no matter how much he wants to stay.

It is the perfect tragic tale of irony: you have the power to make things better and want to stay to make a difference, but once you do, you are forced to leave because of exposing yourself and thus cannot benefit from your actions.

It is fried gold on a silver stick!!! But, Lucas will just rehash Boba Fett/ The Fugitive or something to that nature.

Sigh. Whedon needs to get his hands on this.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby Agent Alonzo on Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:52 am

Agent Jarannado B'auer of the CJU (Counter Jedi Unit) thinks he is in for another day of paper pushing as a mid-level Emperical employee, when news come in that a terrorist jedi threat is being made to the new death star. Meanwhile his wife, and slightly ALF, yet slutty daughter, have been kidnapped by droids working for the Jedi...

ungh-plop-ungh-plop-ungh-plop... DAMMIT...
alonzo..... my apologies you ho-bag! - banthafodderUK

...that was the funniest post I've ever read at AICN. Comedy gold. I'm stealing it and shooting it in nothing other than a static two-shot. - Kevin Smith
Agent Alonzo
UMAGAA OMBONGO

Postby RogueScribner on Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:09 am

A Boba Fett series would be ALF.

Boba Fett is the most overrated character in the GFFA. He's the frickin' Spike of that series, except Spike was much cooler. Hell, Spike actually DID something sometimes, which is more than I can say for Boba "I'll just stand here and look cool" fucking Fett.

If they insist on doing something blatantly connected to the movies, then there are only two ways they can go. They can either fill the gap between Episodes III and IV or they can do a post-Jedi series. Having a Darth Vader or Tarking show up in the first series sometimes to help drive the story would be okay, but I don't think recasting Luke, Leia, and Han for a post-Jedi series would fly. If they could nab Mark Hamill that'd be great, but otherwise they'd have to focus elsewhere.

Their best bet for a Star Wars series (non-animated) would be either between ROTS and ANH or way post-ROTJ so they can get away with not having the main characters from the OT around. The possibilities are endless for ideas for a series between ROTS and ANH. You could easily focus on some new characters responding to some of the historical events already established and filling in some gaps along the way. Hell, I don't see a mix of Firefly and Star Wars as being a bad idea in the least. The ragtag crew could easily get mixed up in some Imperial entanglements while trying to scrape out a living dealing with the planets not under direct Imperial control (like Tatooine). As the series progresses we could the see the formation of the Rebel Alliance and the like leading up to the opening of ANH.

I think the potential for a really good show is there. It's an untapped goldmine of possibilities. I think it could also easily suck really bad if they don't take the proper approach. And honestly, I think the less control Lucas has over it the better. He could approve the broad strokes, but let's get some real writers in there to fully flesh the galaxy out.
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:56 am

Yeah I donna understand a the love for a the Fett either, eh? He dinna catch a the Han, he was a GIVEN the Han, no? Anna then he goes out like a the putz inna the next a movie...
DinoDeLaurentiis

Postby burlivesleftnut on Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:57 am

Where does the Fett love come from?
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Pacino86845 on Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:59 am

Especially since in the real world any guy who dresses like that is definitely, DEFINITELY not getting any play whatsoever.
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:11 am

burlivesleftnut wrote:Where does the Fett love come from?

it comes from the fact that you could only get the action figure through a special offer waaaay back in 1979 / 80. and then we had that brief cartoon appearance from that awful holiday special that EVERY SINGLE KID IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD went batshit over...

in short, it was wildly sucessful marketing and suggestion. cause otherwise, he's boring. but i remember thinking, even before seeing ESB as a kid, that Boba Fett was supercool... mind control!
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Postby burlivesleftnut on Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:14 am

Yeah I remember that too, and he does kind of help Vader trap Luke, which is kind of cool. But uhhhhh, didn't ROTJ kind of settle the debate on whether Fett is cool?
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Next

Return to Coaxial