STAR WARS TV SHOW (Now w/ White Male Patriarchy)

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:21 pm

Hehe... I'm strong like a the bull, eh?

I come from a the strong, swarthy stock...
DinoDeLaurentiis
SHE'S A THE SARAH SILVERMAN

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:21 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:You know your bones are as brittle as twigs old man. First appendage that turns to dust, the horsey rides must stop.

a fact Ms. Schumacher is lamenting.
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Brocktune on Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:24 pm

what is it with people wanting me to keep my pants on in this fuckin place?!
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:18 pm

Okay, alla you putzes, here a she is...

DinoDeLaurentiis

Postby burlivesleftnut on Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:19 pm

HAHAHAHAHAH Dino, I want to have your babies.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:20 pm

DinoDeLaurentiis wrote:Okay, alla you putzes, here a she is...

IPAMPILASH!!!

Dino, you are the king.
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Postby RogueScribner on Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:54 pm

It's amazing how fast this thread has degenerated. ;)
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby burlivesleftnut on Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:21 pm

Yeah, you wouldn't know anything about degenerating threads, patchick-killer.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby bluebottle on Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:37 pm

wow.
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Brocktune on Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:51 pm

finally, we get a look at the real jek porkins. i totally PAMPILASH!
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:58 pm

IMDB just told me that Sofia Coppola was in The Phantom Menace. Think they want her to be the star of the TV series.

Maybe Porkins will pork her.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby ONeillSG1 on Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:26 pm

Awesome. That is the only word worthy of describing that picture.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby RogueScribner on Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:15 am

burlivesleftnut wrote:Yeah, you wouldn't know anything about degenerating threads, patchick-killer.

I know not whereof you speak. 8)
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby burlivesleftnut on Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:58 am

burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:28 am

Dino, we are truly not worthy
ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:02 pm

I was waiting for some eagle-eyed British zoner to put this up on Friday, but since nobody has I guess it's a task for me. There's a very popular free daily newspaper here called Metro - one of the good things about it is that every day they have a "60 second interview" with a celebrity. Well, on friday they interviewed everybody's favourite hate figure - Rick McCallum.

At the end, there was a tiny tidbit about the TV series, which is why this thread has been bumped by yours truly. I dunno if this is old news, but it seemed to contradict some of the rumors that the series will feature Boba Fett as a key character. Perhaps Fett will only have a 2-episode special opr something. Anyhoo - here ya go.......

<b>McCallum</b>: We're starting on the Star Wars TV series. We're planning on doing 100 hours set between Episodes III and IV. It'll be about all the characters you haven't met yet, or some that you have but only in the novels or comics. Hopefully, at the end of that, we'll have answered every single question any fan has ever asked <i>(unlikely in the extreme - TITG)</i>. We're hoping that it will go on air by 2007 at the latest. We're hoping to be able to make TV that looks like the quality of film - including the same quality of special effects - but at a fraction of the cost. George is executive producer so it's bound to be exciting.
ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:06 pm

Already read this last week on the tube. I do NOT find this series to be of any interest to me whatsoever.

'Irrelevant' I think is the key word here.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:31 pm

But you seem to be a hell of a lot more into SW than me - I'm surprised to hear you say that! Even though I shouldn't really be surprised by anything you say anymore Kirk!!

But how so "irrelevant"?

To the general SW mythos?

Is it less relevant than the reams of SW-related comics/novels/computer games? I began to grow bored of SW a long time before the prequels came out, but this TV series has actually sparked my interest, and I think it could have the power to really established something quite special - in much the same way that KOTOR is without a doubt the Greatest SW Game Ever - because it is largely free from having to relate itself to the movies
ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:07 pm

Well, it's like this. The story was always about Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker for starters. The SW TV series apparently has no mention or featuring of him.

If it's about other Jedis, then so what? They're gonna get killed anyway, and have no effect on how the events in Ep4 onwards transpired. Plus they're fairly uninteresting characters and not as tough as once thought. At best they're just a bunch of support characters. I persoanlly couldn't give a fuck about some Twi Lek female Jedi that was quite dull in the first films anyhow, especially knowing she's gonna die.

Even if the series does feature on an 'important but not heavily featured character that the fans like' or whatever Rick McCallum said, again what impact does it have on the events of Ep4 +? It may well be about Boba Fett. OK, he goes around and zaps loads of Jedis, but this doesn't seem to have any unsuperficiality on it's own - (if it included Vader, then yes, maybe this would be more relevant) - as again, it is to no real or major effect on Ep4 +, or even needs to go to that trouble to tell us that the Jedis were 99% wiped out between Ep3 and 4. We know that. ROTS should have showed us that a little bit more, and it should end there really.

It doesn't warrant GL's time and money, and our time to, to watch 100 freaking episodes of this. Any other focus on 'important' characters seen or unseen, give me the same opinion. Do we REALLY need to see this? Thoughts like this give me the 'very bad feeling' that this series might flop, or at least underwhelm us like 1&2 did.

A series or film depicting the early days of the Jedi/Sith and their wars, and the Discovery of the Force I'd be up for, as this lends a lot more depth and importance and vitality to the SW story, as not only are these events shit hot in terms of characters, action, and deep philosophies and an overall a huge and brilliant story, but it is relevant in showing you how all this came about and started, and in showing how things were and should have been. Like for example, the Jedi in their glory and full power. How peace - that was craved in the present films - was formed and in what way it existed, and then how it was lost or weakened with the Sith opposition and wars. Basically it would show how Ep1+ was formed, but just gives the SW/Jedi stories greater seriousness and solid poetry and again, philosophy (I need a Thesauras I know).

Also it'll hopefully show how Yoda's parent's bedtime antics, made Yoda come to be in the first place. Yeah, all shit like that I wanna see!
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Flumm on Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:37 pm

I can see where you're coming from Kirk, and I think logically, you're right, at this stage you just have to hold back the rabid fanboy enthusiam untill we have a lot more details on this thing...

But there's a couple of points that I would probably differ with you on... I too think that it would be might bloody interesting to go back and see Yoda's origins, the birth or the discovery of the force, and that kinda thing, who wouldn't? I think it helps though if gotta look at examples and the history of the material to guide you with stuff like this....

For instance take Star Trek. They went back and explored the birth of Warp speed with SK:TGN First Conact right? And largely, it worked... but when they tried to go back and explore this stuff with a series, despit esome heroic efforts, it just didn't come together...

Now you also consider the other facts. If you think about it, we are gonna have more time on screen with these old(?) and new characters, than we have with Luke, Yoda or anyone from the films. I know there is no way you can acount for 35 years of filmic history, beeing woven into the hearts and minds of generations, but 100 hours gives more than ample time to build new relationships, and develop compelling characters, it's 98 more hours than we had with the original, and the world fell in love on the spot. Also, not only is Lucas on an upward trend - the dialogue is less stilted, the stories more refined, the CGI not only better quality but generally more essential to the plotlines - but he's he's only producing the show!

That sounds perfect way to do it to me. What he's contributing is less, yet it's of more value. Who knows what the writiers and directors are going to bring to this? It seems to me, that a highly resourced TV show, with talented people aboard is the best possible medium to service a universe of characters. We have the time, length and variety afforded by books, yet the visuall and audio impact of seeing Star Wars on screen, with human, and I suppose alien and mechanoid faces to connect to. To me, with all the creative possibilites and things going for it, this has more potential for greatness than the whole prequel trilogy combined.

Then again, it could be shite.
Flumm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:51 pm

Hmmmmmm. Still have the feeling that what's happening with the SW story, is the same as what's happening with Lynsie Dawn Mckenzie's breasts right now being sucked on by a class full of 14 year old kids - THEY'RE BOTH BEING MILKED DRY!

I wanna continue this debate and hopefully it'll turn into a hateful argument that we could take with igniting our lightsabres in the EFBR - (and just 'cos you've destroyed Phlegm who's no longer been here since, and overtaken me as your master and achieved the rank of Airwolf first, it don't make me scared awwright!?!?!?) - but right now, the Nurses wanna milk some blood out of me, and I gotta go.

So you live, for now.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Flumm on Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:55 pm

Phew, praise be to nursey eh.

Oh and try not to grope her Kirk, I've taped audition of the TV last night, and I don't want to imagine you in some horrible needle based nightmare, all because she looks like Kerry Katona or something.

Just think Maggie Thatcher, bouncing naked on a pogo stick, and think about you're dead hamsters, and that should keep you're randyness levals in check... for a while anyways. Untill then.

Catch yer laters Kirk.
Flumm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:43 pm

Well, I sort nearly groped her ,though not deliberate. She asked me to pump my hands by squeeqing them, unsqueexing them - just as she leant over with her huge cleaveage pouring out, inches from my groping hands, as she sucked me................... of my blood with her syringe. Certainly got my blood pumpin though.

When she realised what Kirk was doing she told me subtly to stop. Bloody viking hussy from Kent!!

Also dunno if all my keys are working on this computer, seing as i spilt water over it earlier.

As for you SW comments, I still think that there's an unnecesary story they're telling here, but biggest crime of all, they're not telling the story taht THEY should do. The story of Vader. If they tell his story properly and uncompromisingly, which they would I think, well then you're in for some proper good dark exciting character shit man. He won't do it though. gentleman.

What ever DID happen to Phlegm anyway, by the way? He ain't been on here since your fight with him. Di you kick his arse or something?
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby MasterWhedon on Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:08 pm

I know that a lot of folks feel the same way as you, Kirk, that Vader and the Jedi Purge should have been the focus of the prequels and/or this series, but the important elements of that story have been told. Sure, I'd love to see me a few more suited Vader battles and watch how his name spreads throughout the galaxy, but I still think that could very well factor into the series. What if an episode or two focuses on a Jedi, only to have Vader appear and cut them down mercilessly? I'd pay to see that. What if a few episodes deal with Boba Fett and his hatred of the Jedi? I'd pay more.

Ultimately, I think there are plenty of exciting stories to tell within the Star Wars universe because it is just that: a universe. There are billions and billions of Joe Schmos on every different planet out there with a story to tell. Pick them out, focus on them, and show how the formation of the Empire encroaches on their lives. That, to me, would be striking.

Sure they have to develop strong characters and they need to work them in a much deeper way than the films, if we're to care about them over the course of 100 episodes, but I love me some Star Wars and I love me some good TV. You tell even a halfway decent adventure in that world, I'm there.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:41 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:I know that a lot of folks feel the same way as you, Kirk, that Vader and the Jedi Purge should have been the focus of the prequels and/or this series, but the important elements of that story have been told. Sure, I'd love to see me a few more suited Vader battles and watch how his name spreads throughout the galaxy, but I still think that could very well factor into the series. What if an episode or two focuses on a Jedi, only to have Vader appear and cut them down mercilessly? I'd pay to see that. What if a few episodes deal with Boba Fett and his hatred of the Jedi? I'd pay more.

Ultimately, I think there are plenty of exciting stories to tell within the Star Wars universe because it is just that: a universe. There are billions and billions of Joe Schmos on every different planet out there with a story to tell. Pick them out, focus on them, and show how the formation of the Empire encroaches on their lives. That, to me, would be striking.

Sure they have to develop strong characters and they need to work them in a much deeper way than the films, if we're to care about them over the course of 100 episodes, but I love me some Star Wars and I love me some good TV. You tell even a halfway decent adventure in that world, I'm there.

I would love to have contributed some original thoughts on this topic Whedon, but you pretty much seem to feel exactly as i do. Well said and ditto.
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby oisin5199 on Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:05 pm

Basically, building on Master Whedon, I suppose that the 'relevance' of the series really depends on the scope and the tone. The prequels were burdened with being THE story, the overarching mythos of that universe that had to be told on a grand scale so that you see the 'historical' and cosmic significance of the events, and of course, the main players. I don't think we need any more info about that main story. BUT, if we're focusing on the smaller, more intimate stories about how people got by and won battles in the everyday existence of the growing Empire, then there might be some potential. These stories don't have to impact the BIG story if we see their importance from a ground level.

Kinda like - and people are going to flame me for saying this - Firefly.

Even when someone is part of a BIG story, their own stories are important to them. For instance, WWII was a BIG story, but every soldier had his intimate story of adventure and survival, which may not have impacted how the war was won, but are greatly engaging and human stories.

Setting some great stories in the SW universe could have enormous potential if done well, and I'd certainly look forward to that.
oisin5199
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby Adam Balm on Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:10 pm

oisin5199 wrote:
Even when someone is part of a BIG story, their own stories are important to them. For instance, WWII was a BIG story, but every soldier had his intimate story of adventure and survival, which may not have impacted how the war was won, but are greatly engaging and human stories.

This is the exact analogy JMS used to describe Babylon 5.
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MasterWhedon on Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:11 pm

oisin5199 wrote:Kinda like - and people are going to flame me for saying this - Firefly.

You're exactly right. That's what I was thinking about when I wrote my other post. Joss has said in a number of interviews that the Firefly crew were the folks the Enterprise would've blown by. That's the main story, but there's plenty of value in studying what happens in their wake.

Again, I think it's a strong foundation for a series, but I can still see how it'd go awry. Character, character, character. And lasers.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:34 am

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:Well, it's like this. The story was always about Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker for starters. The SW TV series apparently has no mention or featuring of him.

If it's about other Jedis, then so what? They're gonna get killed anyway, and have no effect on how the events in Ep4 onwards transpired. Plus they're fairly uninteresting characters and not as tough as once thought. At best they're just a bunch of support characters. I persoanlly couldn't give a fuck about some Twi Lek female Jedi that was quite dull in the first films anyhow, especially knowing she's gonna die.

Even if the series does feature on an 'important but not heavily featured character that the fans like' or whatever Rick McCallum said, again what impact does it have on the events of Ep4 +? It may well be about Boba Fett. OK, he goes around and zaps loads of Jedis, but this doesn't seem to have any unsuperficiality on it's own - (if it included Vader, then yes, maybe this would be more relevant) - as again, it is to no real or major effect on Ep4 +, or even needs to go to that trouble to tell us that the Jedis were 99% wiped out between Ep3 and 4. We know that. ROTS should have showed us that a little bit more, and it should end there really.

It doesn't warrant GL's time and money, and our time to, to watch 100 freaking episodes of this. Any other focus on 'important' characters seen or unseen, give me the same opinion. Do we REALLY need to see this? Thoughts like this give me the 'very bad feeling' that this series might flop, or at least underwhelm us like 1&2 did.

So, I can deduce from this that you're no fan of the Expanded Universe, right? Well,, I think that's where you differ with people like myself and Whedon - at no point did I expect this series to have anything to do with Darth Vader. As you correctly point out, the movies are about Vader, and unfortunately we are left with them as the sole record of Vader's story. I agree - a series about Vader killing off the last jedi would be awesome, but I wouldn't want it done with out James Earl Jones And Ian McDiarmid, and you know damn well that neither of those two would commit to a 100 hour series!

So I can see why the series doesn't hold much interest for you - but when I was crushingly disappointed by eps I and II, I actually took a lot of solace from some of the comics, and the KOTOR game. So the expanded universe only started to mean something to me when it became apparent that, while fun in places, the prequels were not going to give us what we wanted.

As somebody pointed out, I don't want to get my hopes up too much - but I think the chances of this being as underwhelming as I and II are neglible, and like Flumm says, I'd much rather see Lucas involved as a producer than either a writer or director - we could get some really good writing talent on these, which might really pave the way to it being quite decent. Essentially though, I think Flumm, Whedon and Oisin have made the point far better than I ever could
ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:35 am

Yeah guys. I like your comments and they do make me reconsider my thoughts, albeit not completely. I still do reckon there should be Vader in here somewhere, and yeah I'm up for Fett's pyschology being examined as he takes down Jedis. Even stories with Jedis own dramas as they hide and encounter different worlds and beings would be great - if done the right way.

What I mean by 'the right way' is if the Jedi charaters aren't these boring, dull guys that they have seen to be in the Prequels where they just look like lifeless, dumb Extras who had it coming to be killed just for crimes against being remotely interesting. Also if what they do, actually does help the events happen in Ep4 +, that would be worthwhile. If for example, they helped the rebellion to be formed, or sacrifice themselves so that other could survive to fight the Empire.

I'd be more that excited if Obi Wan was included, and say he was victorious in an encounter but in a way that made people think that he was dead, ensuring his securty on tatooine. Or if he run into Boba Fett and kicked his ass like he should.

Obi Wan saving the life of Luke or ensuring his safety, as the Emporer did an Old Testemant slaughtering of the newborn, trying to eliminate Vader's offspring knowing King Herod style that they're prophesised to destory him (The Old Testemant reference I read in an early John Flynn EP3 treatment years ago - IT'S NOT MY IDEA!!! DAMN!!!). Or if Obi Wan saved Han too.

What about the enslaving of the Wookies, with Fett involved, but the escape of Chewie? If such important incidencies vital to the outcome of Ep4 and following events, then yeah, I'll change my mind on what I said about 'irrelevancies' and I'll support this series.

What I wouldn't like is for 100 episodes or hours JUST dedicated to a particular chracter or groups of particular characters.

Yeah, I'm up for Fett fighitng Jedis, but not for 100 episodes, when there's other stuff to tell. I'm not up for stories about fleeing Jedis if that's all I'm gonna get.

If there's no Vader and his stories and inner character exploration, or the struggles of the Emporer and the Empire to dominate the galaxy and their enemies completely (so no one could be the Rebellion strong enough to defeat them later), then to miss out on this would be worthy of riots and protests outside the Skywalker Ranch just like I got protesters to storm 10 Downing Street after he withdrew the British film making tax breaks (albeit only 'cos I was pissed off as it meant that Irene Jacob and Pamela Hensley - the villainess from Buck Rogers, could no longer film here as I'd no longer be the Extra that would be polishing their latex outfits with my spit and tongue). Got all of that?

I reckon we'd all be up in arms if there was no Vader.

So basically, I don't want one story without the others. I want the whole kitchen sink thrown at this series, just in a relevant way in relation to the events from Ep3 - Ep4 onwards.

Hell, I'd write some episodes, if my ideas were good enough, and if it starred Carla Gugino - and Pamela Hensley (when she was like Princess Ardala) - and Dale Arden - and all my www.freeones.com fave Porn Stars - and all the girls that I try to chat up and get blown out by at the weekends, all my life, especially the redheads, (especially the one who I fancied the tits off, who I used to work with at Warner Bros. cinema and nearly got sacked over) - and Atomic Kitten (when they were yonger and hot tm.)

Hmm, yes, I think that will be enough 2pay, people will start to get bad ideas about you. Let's get you back in bed and give you the Medical trial medication again.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:10 am

Wow - loads to think about there. I definitely agree that if they show jedi's they shouldn't be the dull people we saw in the prequels, but I suppose that was Lucas' point - the jedi by that point were a "hokey religion" - tolerated by the republic but not really understood - the period in which the cartoon takes place is the period where jedi powers will eventually become the stuff of myth - leading to that dude calling Vader a sorcerer in Ep IV, so I doubt if will see anything to do with the jedi at all, to be honest - certainly the whole series will not be based around any jedi characters, so I wouldn't worry about that. Also - I'd love to see a couple of Obi-Wan centred episodes too, but would you want to see anybody except Ewan McGregor playing the role? I certainly wouldn't, I really don't want to see or hear a cut-price Kenobi, Palpatine or Vader.

Also, if you re-read McCallum's comments, it would seem that Fett won't be the focus of the series, but might get a couple of episodes - the series won't be <i>about</i> him as such, though. Equally, when you say: <i>"the struggles of the Emporer and the Empire to dominate the galaxy and their enemies completely (so no one could be the Rebellion strong enough to defeat them later)</i>, I'm not totally sure what you mean - the Empire was literally cheered into existence in the Galactic Senate - a senate which is only dissolved at the start of Ep IV, so I think the only enemies the Empire has got are the Rebels themselves - and we know that a Rebellion is already being formed at the end of Ep III - and I think it's fairly clear that they don't succeed in surpressing them, since they eventually win!

I imagine that the show will be about the burgeoning Resistance movement - maybe it'll focus on the Organa family (Jimmy Smits could certainly be coaxed back) and how they fit onto the whole story. I loved the idea about the Emperor killing kids Old Testament-style though - that would be awesome, but realistically, it isn't gonna happen - apart from anything, they don't know that Vader's kids are alive - they don't find that out until some kid called Skywalker destroys the Death Star in ep IV, remember?

So what might be cool is if the main characters are rebels who have frequent skirmishes with battalions of stormtroopers - that would be a nice set-up for a tv show, I think - but the chances of some small band of rebels being directly pursued by either Vader or the Emperor is unlikely - that is something which only happens when they know about Luke, so I really wouldn't get your hopes up about seeing them in this show at all. The bottom line, though, is that I think it's safe to say that this series won't be irrelevant - but it could certainly be shit, there is a rich tradition of shit stuff in the Star Wars mythology, after all......

But whether it's shit or not, there's no point pretending that we won't be eager as hell to see it by the time it comes out - that includes you, 2pay!

PS - that tax break thing made me really fucking angry too!
ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:36 am

Rick McCallum is a the Dino's bitch, no? Look inna to a your geek a heart, eh? You know it to be a true...
DinoDeLaurentiis

Postby Agent Alonzo on Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:42 am

Rick Springfield is a the Alonzo's bitch, no? Look inna to a your geek a heart, eh? You know it to be a true...
alonzo..... my apologies you ho-bag! - banthafodderUK

...that was the funniest post I've ever read at AICN. Comedy gold. I'm stealing it and shooting it in nothing other than a static two-shot. - Kevin Smith
Agent Alonzo
UMAGAA OMBONGO

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:05 pm

Dino, McCallum has a long way to go before he's fit to even lick your Gucci loafers!
ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:51 pm

ThisIsTheGirl wrote:"the struggles of the Emporer and the Empire to dominate the galaxy and their enemies completely (so no one could be the Rebellion strong enough to defeat them later)</i>, I'm not totally sure what you mean

Oh God, not agaaaaiiinnnn!!!!!! Another time when no one gets me. What I basically meant was the Empire trying to wipe out ALL of the forming Rebeliion. All those that would rally to the Rebellion's cause and those already forming it etc. So it's about the Empire trying to weaken and destroy them, so they couldn't become the threat which they ended up being. Which is basically what you were saying you wanted to see, Masterwhedon.

Of all the different ideas and criticisms of the series however, and I think that this is the problem which was underneath all of my complaints and part of them - is that in the end we all know what's gonna happen to the characters in the series. All the jedis escept Kenobi and Yoda will die, vader and Boba will win, the Rebels will generally survive, Bail Organa don't get killed until Ep4, and so on and so on. Now I know you'll all say that his was the case in the Prequels, but it was more important and necessary point of them anyway. Seeing how Anakin became Vader and how the Empire was formed, seems more interesting and vital than what the series could be about, at least in my mind anyway. But again, to do all this in a 100 episode series with character after character is pushing it a bit I reckon.

Oh I don't know. Maybe I'm just pissed that they won't film it in England ('cos of tax purposes huh huh!) but in Sydney Australia. Bollox I already used up my Work Visa over there working on AOTC, so I can't go there again and do it once more. Bollox, I SOO wanted to hook up with Australia's top model, Bessie Bardot. Sheeet!!!
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:32 am

Sorry for the delay - I fully get what you mean now.

And I, too, think it sucks donkey dick that Australia has superceded England as the place to do big-budget studio flicks outside LA. Fucking Aussies don't deserve it - but you're right: the tax thing has made the UK a no-no for most foreign film-makers.

And, going off on a tangent - did you hear all that stuff about the 2 billion quid of unspent lottery money, just sitting around earning interest, because the Lottery Commission is too scared to actually spend it on anything, in case it's unpopular? They could use 10% of that cash and make a fantastic film, if they had half a clue.
ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:35 am

Yeah I heard about that Lottery crime. I was fucking outraged. Typical though. Of course the Government woulda give out free gifts to needs like that. Government means charity if you're a spastic.

gentlemen.

Also I've hardly worked this year 'cos of tax breaks and other things. Shoulda gone travelling again. Damn I wish I could work on those SW TV series. Coulda done it in Sydney if I was there again. I worked on SW2 and was so happy to do so, it was like witnessing a miracle.

Even if the film was a bit shite and dissapointing. Best sci - fi film ever, my ass.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:45 am

Hey, I'm one of Ep 2's harshest critics, but if someone had said to me "how'd you like to play a jedi in the climactic battle of a Star Wars movie, I'd have said "ok - shall I suck you off now, or would you prefer it later?"
ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:49 am

Later please. I gotta leave soon. Play with my balls too if you could. I'll even trim the hairs on it for you.

You could easily have it worse you know. I had what felt like a lightsabre shoved up my black hole.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:52 am

ISOMDILASH

More coffee all over my fucking screen!

Stop it now, please
ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby vicious_bastard on Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:19 am

http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/index.php?id=1452400291

Good Star Wars article. Interview with chief model maker at ILM, Brian Gernand.
vicious_bastard
AIRWOLF

Postby jordan on Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:04 am

First online altered pic that's made me laugh out loud in months.
"It's not who I am inside...but what I do that defines me..."
jordan
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby bluebottle on Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:20 am

ahhaha, yeah... that's my favorite.
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby drew71 on Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:24 am

isnt kevin smith supposed to direct atleast some of the series? i think he even made a reference to doing it in his ROTS review. Atleast he's a life-long SW fan
drew71
GLIB

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:18 pm

He sure is bwoy!
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby You Know My Name on Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:49 pm

It would be cool to see the series done in the form of an anthology kind of like the Twilight Zone.
You Know My Name
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby The Vicar on Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:37 pm

If they start out with Jar-Jar's gruesome, Tarantino-esque murder...
count me in.

Or the wholesale slaughter of those bastard Ewoks.

Or ( big sigh) both!!!
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone

Postby Iconoclastica on Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:38 pm

Reposting (thanks Whedon):

okay, so Herc posted an article on the main site this morning about there being 100 episodes ordered for the series . . . I didn't notice any other discussion of this particular news in the zone (please correct me if I'm wrong!) . . . but what do you guys think? Is this starting to look like a quantity over quality version of McLucasism? Or is there hope . . . ?

I am Jack's broken heart
Iconoclastica
DEADLY ZONETTE

Postby Brocktune on Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:42 pm

there will always be hope. it was hope, and only hope that got me to spend 24 hours in a parking lot for a fucking movie ticket.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MasterWhedon on Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:43 pm

Icono, if you go up about half the page to HERE, I spell out why I have a lot of hope for this series. Others then join in.

I actually had forgotten about that exchange, but I agree with everything I said. :wink:
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

PreviousNext

Return to Coaxial