STAR WARS TV SHOW (Now w/ White Male Patriarchy)

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Postby jgraphix on Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:44 pm

I really don't have a good feeling about this. Is there any info as to what characters will be focused on, what the general theme is and whatnot?
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
jgraphix
AIRWOLF

Postby MasterWhedon on Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:45 pm

jgraphix wrote:I really don't have a good feeling about this. Is there any info as to what characters will be focused on, what the general theme is and whatnot?

Not yet, just that it takes place between Eps. 3 and 4 and deals with original characters, and maybe a few peripherals.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby havocSchultz on Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:45 pm

jgraphix wrote:I really don't have a good feeling about this. Is there any info as to what characters will be focused on, what the general theme is and whatnot?

apparentely it's taking place between eps 3 & 4 and will focus on the 1st 20 years of Luke's life... WTF..?

apparentely he had a bunch of adventures before the whole star wars thing kicked off...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Vegeta on Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:46 pm

Personally, I think demanding an order of 100 episodes (thus garunteeing syndication $$$$)without any idea what the product will really be like is fucking beyond arogant. There is some assclown exec out there that will bite on this deal. In which case I hope it flops horrifically bad.
Honestly people came out to see Ep 1,2, and 3 regardless of quality due too high expectation and to wet there Star Wars appetite. But if this show comes out and continues the horrible dialouge and story lines, it will come out the gate huge and by mid-season be getting Star Trek: Enterprise level rating. Garunteed.

Really, how well did the Clone Wars do on Cartoon Network? I imagine not astronomical or a bigger network would of picked it up. Sorry, to be a hater, but I hope this is a disaster :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY

Postby MasterWhedon on Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:50 pm

havocSchultz wrote:

apparentely it's taking place between eps 3 & 4 and will focus on the 1st 20 years of Luke's life... WTF..?

apparentely he had a bunch of adventures before the whole star wars thing kicked off...

It's not gonna be Luke. I'm betting they'll have recognizable characters pop in and out, but their story is told in the movies. This is the stuff that happens around that.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Vegeta on Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:52 pm

havocSchultz wrote:

What like doing chores and fetching crap for uncle Ben?
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY

Postby Petri on Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:53 pm

Vegeta wrote:
havocSchultz wrote:

What like doing chores and fetching crap for uncle Ben?

Well you never know what happens when you go for some power converters!
Petri
REAL DRAGON

Postby havocSchultz on Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:53 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:
havocSchultz wrote:

It's not gonna be Luke. I'm betting they'll have recognizable characters pop in and out, but their story is told in the movies. This is the stuff that happens around that.

buuuuttttt - according to the article that was linked - the BBC reports that it will be about Luke... like i said - i hope it's wrong - cause i don't see much being able to happen there - but i do believe that there can be some new and interesting and cool stories that can be told in the universe - especially while the empire rises into power and becomes more prominent.. maybe there will even be some sort of Vader tv appearance - or at least reference...

but if i am right - about what the article says - and it is about luke - well - than that's herc's fault...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Iconoclastica on Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:54 pm

Thanks again Whedon - I read what you wrote . . . and I like what you have to say, and yes, it does give me infinitely more hope than I'd had (conisidering, like so many, my faith in Lucas is waining, no matter how much I'd like to resist that . . . and no, he didn't rape my childhood :-p) . . .

but 100 episodes?! To me, it just feels like he's already decided on the price tag after only looking at the box, without really taking the time to look inside and examine the contents with the care they deserve. But no, I'll remember what you wrote . . . damn, that'd be near incredible to see if it's true . . . I guess I'm just jumping to conclusions based on a stupid number . . .

I am Jack's broken heart
Iconoclastica
DEADLY ZONETTE

Postby MasterWhedon on Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:55 pm

Vegeta wrote:Personally, I think demanding an order of 100 episodes (thus garunteeing syndication $$$$)without any idea what the product will really be like is fucking beyond arogant. There is some assclown exec out there that will bite on this deal. In which case I hope it flops horrifically bad.
Honestly people came out to see Ep 1,2, and 3 regardless of quality due too high expectation and to wet there Star Wars appetite. But if this show comes out and continues the horrible dialouge and story lines, it will come out the gate huge and by mid-season be getting Star Trek: Enterprise level rating. Garunteed.

Really, how well did the Clone Wars do on Cartoon Network? I imagine not astronomical or a bigger network would of picked it up. Sorry, to be a hater, but I hope this is a disaster :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

It's likely Lucas will finance the shows--there are two--himself, so he can reap greater profits and have more control, as he did with the films. Then again, I've never heard of a network simply operating as distributor. They always have some say.

Regardless, Lucas can contract for 100 episodes and EVERY network is going to clamour after him for it. FOX will likely get it based on their past relationship, but this is the kinda show that could bring The CW into the big leagues. This show will do incredibly well, especially on DVD and in ancillary products. It's a sure thing, if there ever is one in Hollywood.

And the Clone Wars cartoon did incredibly well, which is why the second series is going to be a CG, half-hour Clone Wars series, I believe once more on Cartoon Network.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby MasterWhedon on Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:57 pm

havocSchultz wrote:buuuuttttt - according to the article that was linked - the BBC reports that it will be about Luke... like i said - i hope it's wrong - cause i don't see much being able to happen there - but i do believe that there can be some new and interesting and cool stories that can be told in the universe - especially while the empire rises into power and becomes more prominent.. maybe there will even be some sort of Vader tv appearance - or at least reference...

but if i am right - about what the article says - and it is about luke - well - than that's herc's fault...

:oops:

I didn't actually read the article, I was going on the original info given.

If they've decided to follow Luke, it'd be a mistake of epic proportions. Sure, they could make an interesting show out of it, but how the hell do you create a sense of peril when you know your hero lives to be the lead in three movies?

Smallville, anyone?
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby jgraphix on Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:58 pm

as long as there is a nude scene with Queen Amidala I'm down.
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
jgraphix
AIRWOLF

Postby havocSchultz on Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:58 pm

Here - for those of you who don't feel like linking to the main page - then to the BBC page...

The BBC wrote:The TV series spin-off of the Stars Wars film franchise will run to at least 100 episodes, according to producer Rick McCallum.

He told BBC Radio 1 the writing team would soon be meeting to start on the project, which would begin filming in 2008 and be ready the same year.

"Hopefully if we can make it work and everybody's excited and watches it we will keep on going," said McCallum.

The series will be set between episodes three and four of the film saga.

It would cover the 20 years in the life of Luke Skywalker growing up that remains a mystery to most film-goers.

McCallum said there would be "a whole bunch of new characters" and the series would be "much more dramatic and darker".

Huge franchise

He added that it was unlikely any of the stars of the movies would be involved in the TV series.

Star Wars creator George Lucas has just completed writing the script for the next Indiana Jones film and will then begin work on Red Tails, about African-American pilots in World War II.

Following completion of that film, work will begin on the Star Wars TV series.

There has already been a Star Wars series spin-off in the shape of the animated Clone Wars, which began as three-minute episodes before they were expanded to 30-minute shows.

Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, released in 2005, marked the end of the end of the Star Wars saga on the big screen.

It became the biggest film franchise in history, with the final film alone taking £500m at the box office outside of the US.
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby MasterWhedon on Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:59 pm

Iconoclastica wrote:but 100 episodes?! To me, it just feels like he's already decided on the price tag after only looking at the box, without really taking the time to look inside and examine the contents with the care they deserve. But no, I'll remember what you wrote . . . damn, that'd be near incredible to see if it's true . . . I guess I'm just jumping to conclusions based on a stupid number . . .

I agree with you on this point, that starting with length and filling the story in is never the way to go. I don't want a shitty five episodes when two could communicate all the information.

It's definitely something to worry about, but I just see Star Wars as a beautiful, incredibly fun universe that I'd love to spend 100 hours in.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Chairman Kaga on Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:59 pm

Fom the start hasn't McCallum stated the show would focus on different characters then the films?
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MasterWhedon on Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:01 pm

Chairman Kaga wrote:Fom the start hasn't McCallum stated the show would focus on different characters then the films?

He has.

Havoc, I think the BBC might've gotten it wrong. The way it was described before was that that show took place over the 20 year span between three and four during which Luke and Leia grew up. This is the only time I've seen anywhere say "the life of Luke Skywalker".

Could be legit, could be slightly off. We'll have to wait and see.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby jgraphix on Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:04 pm

and the order of 100 ep's definitely has me worried...will it be a handfull of great ep's and the majority just filler crap...unless they have a general arch that they are going by and have somewhat of a general idea where they want to take this, it will be crap. Shit, it might be crap anyways, who knows. Just have to wait and see.
jgraphix
AIRWOLF

Postby Vegeta on Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:04 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:
Vegeta wrote:Personal ly, I think demanding an order of 100 episodes (thus garunteeing syndication $$$$)without any idea what the product will really be like is fucking beyond arogant. There is some assclown exec out there that will bite on this deal. In which case I hope it flops horrifically bad.

It's likely Lucas will finance the shows--there are two--himself, so he can reap greater profits and have more control, as he did with the films. Then again, I've never heard of a network simply operating as distributor. They always have some say.

Regardless, Lucas can contract for 100 episodes and EVERY network is going to clamour after him for it. FOX will likely get it based on their past relationship, but this is the kinda show that could bring The CW into the big leagues. This show will do incredibly well, especially on DVD and in ancillary products. It's a sure thing, if there ever is one in Hollywood.

And the Clone Wars cartoon did incredibly well, which is why the second series is going to be a CG, half-hour Clone Wars series, I believe once more on Cartoon Network.

Dear Lord, Lucas is involved :shock: That pretty much tells me two things... the product will be terrible, and the people will love it. Eisodes 1-3 were the definition of going for the lowest common denominator. Too bad they can't get some people who can actually write to get involved (You're average third grade class has Lucas whooped, most of the time)

also, clone wars couldn't of done that well (well maybe for CN)... I garuntee you WWE beat it every week. Maybe it was the DVD sales.
Last edited by Vegeta on Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY

Postby havocSchultz on Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:05 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:
Chairman Kaga wrote:Fom the start hasn't McCallum stated the show would focus on different characters then the films?

He has.

Havoc, I think the BBC might've gotten it wrong. The way it was described before was that that show took place over the 20 year span between three and four during which Luke and Leia grew up. This is the only time I've seen anywhere say "the life of Luke Skywalker".

Could be legit, could be slightly off. We'll have to wait and see.

no - don't get me wrong - i'm not preaching it as the gospel truth - like i said - i was just referencing the article which Herc originally posted the story about on the main page - and i hope the Beeb has lost some of the facts in translation and it is about the people in the universe that we never learn about in the movie - during the time of luke/leia growing up - because - like i;m sure everyone else here feels as well - anything in regards to luke before episode 4 would be probably pretty useless...

and yes - i would love to spend a hundred hours in the star wars universe as well - it could be the next Battlestar if they take it serious and make it dark... let's hope it's not the next Lexx instead...

for the time being - let's just say the BBC got it a bit wrong and not worry about...(hopefully)...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby MasterWhedon on Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:06 pm

Vegeta wrote:Dear Lord, Lucas is involved :shock: That pretty much tells me two things... the product will be terrible, and the people will love it. Eisodes 1-3 were the definition of going for the lowest common denominator. Too bad they can't get some people who can actually write to get involved (You're average third grade class has Lucas whooped, most of the time)

I only meant that Lucas will be involved from a business sense. I don't believe he'll be giving much input on the show. He'll likely get a "Star Wars Created By" credit, but the showrunner they hire will be the guy in real control.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby King Psyz on Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:07 pm

I think it went to Cartoon Network mostly because it was Gendy Tarkofsky's baby
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby Vegeta on Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:07 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:
Vegeta wrote:Dear Lord, Lucas is involved :shock: That pretty much tells me two things... the product will be terrible, and the people will love it. Eisodes 1-3 were the definition of going for the lowest common denominator. Too bad they can't get some people who can actually write to get involved (You're average third grade class has Lucas whooped, most of the time)

I only meant that Lucas will be involved from a business sense. I don't believe he'll be giving much input on the show. He'll likely get a "Star Wars Created By" credit, but the showrunner they hire will be the guy in real control.

THANK GOD, maybe there's hope yet... but, I won't hold my breath :roll:
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY

Postby MasterWhedon on Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:08 pm

havocSchultz wrote:no - don't get me wrong - i'm not preaching it as the gospel truth - like i said - i was just referencing the article which Herc originally posted the story about on the main page - and i hope the Beeb has lost some of the facts in translation and it is about the people in the universe that we never learn about in the movie - during the time of luke/leia growing up - because - like i;m sure everyone else here feels as well - anything in regards to luke before episode 4 would be probably pretty useless...

and yes - i would love to spend a hundred hours in the star wars universe as well - it could be the next Battlestar if they take it serious and make it dark... let's hope it's not the next Lexx instead...

for the time being - let's just say the BBC got it a bit wrong and not worry about...(hopefully)...

All right, that's it. Take out your lightsaber, biotch, 'cause IT'S ON!
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby havocSchultz on Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:10 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:
havocSchultz wrote:no - don't get me wrong - i'm not preaching it as the gospel truth - like i said - i was just referencing the article which Herc originally posted the story about on the main page - and i hope the Beeb has lost some of the facts in translation and it is about the people in the universe that we never learn about in the movie - during the time of luke/leia growing up - because - like i;m sure everyone else here feels as well - anything in regards to luke before episode 4 would be probably pretty useless...

All right, that's it. Take out your lightsaber, biotch, 'cause IT'S ON!

but... i'm agreeing with you... in a weird rambling havoc sort of way...

and besides - my lightsabre is sooo much bigger than yours anyways...

where's Samuel L. Jackson when you need him...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby BuckyO'harre on Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:14 pm

~
Last edited by BuckyO'harre on Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
BuckyO'harre
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MasterWhedon on Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:14 pm

havocSchultz wrote:but... i'm agreeing with you... in a weird rambling havoc sort of way...

Don't you think I know that!! That's why it stings so bad...

havocSchultz wrote:and besides - my lightsabre is sooo much bigger than yours anyways...

:shock:

Yeah, well, you'll never get close enough to use it!

ZZZZZZZZZZZZACKT!!!
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby havocSchultz on Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:16 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:Don't you think I know that!! That's why it stings so bad...

isn't that what kelly kapowski said when you guys woke up together and you told her who you were... :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Iconoclastica on Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:17 pm

so guys . . . who would win in a fight . . . FOX saturday morning cartoon X-Men, or Clone Wars Jedi Knights?

j/k, j/k!!!

please don't kill me :shock:

I am Jack's broken heart
Iconoclastica
DEADLY ZONETTE

Postby MasterWhedon on Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:18 pm

havocSchultz wrote:
MasterWhedon wrote:Don't you think I know that!! That's why it stings so bad...

isn't that what kelly kapowski said when you guys woke up together and you told her who you were... :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

CROSSOVERJOKESFROMTHREADTOTHREADILASH!!
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby MasterWhedon on Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:19 pm

Iconoclastica wrote:so guys . . . who would win in a fight . . . FOX saturday morning cartoon X-Men, or Clone Wars Jedi Knights?

:evil:

...urge...to...kill...rising...
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby havocSchultz on Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:20 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:
CROSSOVERJOKESFROMTHREADTOTHREADILASH!!

ahhh...you know i love an good ole obscure EFBR reference...

now back on topic before you get B4NN3D...

what existing characters (if any) would you like to either see featured, focused on, or an appearance made by in the new series...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby jgraphix on Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:21 pm

Boba/Jango Fett episodes would be cool.
jgraphix
AIRWOLF

Postby colonel_lugz on Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:22 pm

Chewbacca: The College Years
You Called Down The Thunder, Well Now You Got It!
colonel_lugz
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Iconoclastica on Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:24 pm

Han Solo: The Awkward Years

Last edited by Iconoclastica on Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I am Jack's broken heart
Iconoclastica
DEADLY ZONETTE

Postby havocSchultz on Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:25 pm

I'd myself would prefer some Greedo-Centric episodes...

havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Eric G on Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:26 pm

Just posted over at Fi-Sci.Net

George Lucas Talks Star Wars TV in 3D and Indy 4
But no mention of the 6 films in 3D........shoot me now.

While discussing absolutley everything in his life with Time Magazine, George Lucas gave a few updates on his upcoming Star Wars projects plus Indiana Jones 4.

Do you think audiences are so technically sophisticated now that they know the difference between formats? Virtually every CGI animated feature has been a much bigger hit than any non-CGI over the last ten years. Is that just a coincidence or a better story?

Lucas: What happened with Pixar is they made brilliantly creative movies, but they looked different. They had a different quality about them than on television, than Rugrats. When you see a 3D movie, you assume it’s a higher-quality movie and it’s something you don’t see on television. Now the television show I’m working on, the Star Wars television show, is 3D.

When you said you were going to do Star Wars in 3D, do you mean in the old-fashioned 3D?

Lucas: Yeah, with glasses and everything.

On Indy 4

If you’re retired, I guess you’ll be less involved with an Indiana Jones 4 than you were in the first three?

Lucas: Well, I’ve been working on Indy 4 for ten years. So I’ve been more involved, so no matter how you count it on this one I’ll be more involved than I’ll have ever been on the other three put together. It’s taken forever to get a script of it. That’s my part of it.

Isn’t Harrison Ford now older than Sean Connery was when he played his father in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade?

Lucas: Uhh, yeah. But the thing is designed for that. And I think it’s funny, it’s exciting. You know the problem there, which is not a problem, is that we don’t have to make that movie. All we can do is hurt ourselves, all it’s going to do is get criticized. I mean it’s basically Phantom Menace we’re making. No matter how you do it, no matter what you do, it won’t be what the other ones were in terms of the impact or the way people remember them.

The full interview over at Time is the length of a Bible so if you have the time to listen to "The Master" waffle on about, life, the universe and everything, head over to Time Magazine (You may notice that there is no mention of the Star Wars films in 3D! Why oh Why!?)

Stay tuned for updates.
Eric G
AIRWOLF

Postby colonel_lugz on Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:26 pm

I'd love to see the game where Lando loses the falcon to Han
You Called Down The Thunder, Well Now You Got It!
colonel_lugz
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MasterWhedon on Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:26 pm

Iconoclastica wrote:Han Solo: The Awkward Years

HAHAHAHA!!

I've said Boba Fett before, and I still think it'd be great to at least give us a few episodes where we could see his hate of the Jedi continuing to grow. I'd love to see him get hired to track one of the last few down and take them out.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Vegeta on Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:27 pm

How about some Admiral Ackbar centric episodes
Like when he was just a squid on Calamari :roll:
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY

Postby MasterWhedon on Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:29 pm

Yeah, that interview Eric's quoting is great. It's HERE, and it's got some great stuff on the future of cinema, home theaters, etc.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby havocSchultz on Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:29 pm

Vegeta wrote:How about some Admiral Ackbar centric episodes

i think thety should have an episode where him and Greedo hook up - maybe working on a ranch somewhere...and who knows - and let whatever will happen just happen...

imagine the offspring they'd have though...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby jgraphix on Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:30 pm

:lol:
jgraphix
AIRWOLF

Postby Vegeta on Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:32 pm

havocSchultz wrote:

i think thety should have an episode where him and Greedo hook up - maybe working on a ranch somewhere...and who knows - and let whatever will happen just happen...

Greenback Squidtain?
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY

Postby jgraphix on Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:33 pm

havocSchultz wrote:

jgraphix
AIRWOLF

Postby Vegeta on Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:33 pm

Eric G wrote:Just posted over at Fi-Sci.Net

While discussing absolutley everything in his life with Time Magazine, George Lucas gave a few updates on his upcoming Star Wars projects plus Indiana Jones 4.

Do you think audiences are so technically sophisticated now that they know the difference between formats? Virtually every CGI animated feature has been a much bigger hit than any non-CGI over the last ten years. Is that just a coincidence or a better story?

Lucas: What happened with Pixar is they made brilliantly creative movies, but they looked different. They had a different quality about them than on television, than Rugrats. When you see a 3D movie, you assume it’s a higher-quality movie and it’s something you don’t see on television. Now the television show I’m working on, the Star Wars television show, is 3D.

When you said you were going to do Star Wars in 3D, do you mean in the old-fashioned 3D?

On Indy 4

If you’re retired, I guess you’ll be less involved with an Indiana Jones 4 than you were in the first three?

Lucas: Well, I’ve been working on Indy 4 for ten years. So I’ve been more involved, so no matter how you count it on this one I’ll be more involved than I’ll have ever been on the other three put together. It’s taken forever to get a script of it. That’s my part of it.

Isn’t Harrison Ford now older than Sean Connery was when he played his father in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade?

Lucas: Uhh, yeah. But the thing is designed for that. And I think it’s funny, it’s exciting. You know the problem there, which is not a problem, is that we don’t have to make that movie. All we can do is hurt ourselves, all it’s going to do is get criticized. I mean it’s basically Phantom Menace we’re making. No matter how you do it, no matter what you do, it won’t be what the other ones were in terms of the impact or the way people remember them.

The full interview over at Time is the length of a Bible so if you have the time to listen to "The Master" waffle on about, life, the universe and everything, head over to Time Magazine (You may notice that there is no mention of the Star Wars films in 3D! Why oh Why!?)

Stay tuned for updates.

Holy shit, everyword out of the man's mouth just scarred my childhood :cry:
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY

Postby Nachokoolaid on Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:39 pm

Vader hunting leftover Jedi. That's all I want to see.

Make it so.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby colonel_lugz on Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:41 pm

Nachokoolaid wrote:Vader hunting leftover Jedi. That's all I want to see.

Make it so.

im gonna send those mental vibes to George
colonel_lugz
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Vegeta on Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:43 pm

colonel_lugz wrote:
Nachokoolaid wrote:Va der hunting leftover Jedi. That's all I want to see.

Make it so.

im gonna send those mental vibes to George

Good luck, unless your mental vibes come with $$$$, he definetly won't listen. :roll:
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY

Postby Nachokoolaid on Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:49 pm

Eric G wrote:Just posted over at Fi-Sci.Net

On Indy 4

Stay tuned for updates.

AND THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE!!!! That's why there's been so many Indy delays. Lucas is freaking scared shitless of the fan reaction. What a pussy!
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby MasterWhedon on Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:57 pm

Nachokoolaid wrote:AND THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE!!!! That's why there's been so many Indy delays. Lucas is freaking scared shitless of the fan reaction. What a pussy!

I think you missed the point. The man's gotten to a place in his life where he doesn't care what other people think. If people don't care for the movies he makes--fine, he's making them anyway because he enjoys doing so. He understands that high profile sequels like Phantom Menace and Indy 4 are faced with unfair scrutiny, and that many, many fans are set out to hate them from the start.

Personally, I'd rather not see them make an Indy 4 because the series was rounded off nicely in three. But if it'll bring those involved some happiness to revist that world one more time, I think they're entitled.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

PreviousNext

Return to Coaxial